Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea football legend 19:00 - Mar 26 with 2388 viewsMuteswan

Sad to read earlier that one of Swansea’s great football men has passed away. Bryn Bidder of Port Tennant Colts and all round nice guy was the one who ran the Colts when I started playing under 16’s football for them 50 odd years ago, RIP Bryn.
Swansea football legend on 20:16 - Mar 26 with 2263 viewsJack59

I also played for the colts under 16's , our centre half ( as they were called then ) was Geoff Wheel who went on to a distinguished career playing with the egg for Wales during the 'Golden Age'
I think I recollect Bryn's missus used to wash the kit, and he used to inflate the ball too much for my liking. But he must have done so much of such great benefit to the youth of the eastside over the years
RIP Bryn
Swansea football legend on 20:28 - Mar 26 with 2234 viewsMuteswan

Swansea football legend on 20:16 - Mar 26 by Jack59

I also played for the colts under 16's , our centre half ( as they were called then ) was Geoff Wheel who went on to a distinguished career playing with the egg for Wales during the 'Golden Age'
I think I recollect Bryn's missus used to wash the kit, and he used to inflate the ball too much for my liking. But he must have done so much of such great benefit to the youth of the eastside over the years
RIP Bryn

We must have played in the same team, did you go on the tour to Bristol? I remember Geoff, who was an apprentice in the AWCO, worked with my father there, teasing me he’d tell my dad that I was drinking on that tour, he was a star at football as well as rugby.
Swansea football legend on 21:25 - Mar 26 with 2163 viewsjack2jack

RIP.
Swansea football legend on 21:57 - Mar 26 with 2116 viewsJack59

Swansea football legend on 20:28 - Mar 26 by Muteswan

We must have played in the same team, did you go on the tour to Bristol? I remember Geoff, who was an apprentice in the AWCO, worked with my father there, teasing me he’d tell my dad that I was drinking on that tour, he was a star at football as well as rugby.

No I didn't go to Bristol, Yes he possibly could have gone on to play Pro soccer, he was a good CB, not a lot would get past him. I remember that it was quite a successful side, and on one occasion we beat a team at Maesteg Park about 16 nil, and ebsured that before the final whistle blew all eleven players including the goalie Dai Rees scored a goal.
Swansea football legend on 22:03 - Mar 26 with 2103 viewsswan65split

RIP.
I had an old friend/workmate who was with the Colts , he was also in the Comedy marching Band they had .
Swansea football legend on 17:31 - Mar 27 with 1774 viewsoldcob

These are the true heroes of football. Without these guys the "glamour boys" wouldn't exist.
Swansea football legend on 18:49 - Mar 27 with 1685 viewsdickythorpe

RIP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024