Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teachers 12:41 - Mar 28 with 4648 viewsCountyJim

Apart from some looking after Key workers children what are the rest doing to help the country war efforts

As public servants are they say helping cover say street cleaners or Ashmen after all these vital workers need rest and cover on days off
Teachers on 12:49 - Mar 28 with 1620 viewsCatullus

My sons teacher has been very proactive. He is hosting daily schoolwork sessions on 'Zoom' using school dojo to send out the work first and zoom to tell them the answers. He did a class quiz night before last and that's in the evenings too. I believe he is one of those still at school during the day and he has a young child and his wife is pregnant.

I know they won't all be doing this but to me he is above and beyond what he needs to do.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Teachers on 12:55 - Mar 28 with 1602 viewsdickythorpe

Are you having a pop at teachers Jim?
Teachers on 13:03 - Mar 28 with 1575 viewsCountyJim

Teachers on 12:55 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

No Dicky I'm wondering what redeployment they have been put to work at if they are not looking after Key workers children
Teachers on 13:10 - Mar 28 with 1551 viewsdickythorpe

Teachers on 13:03 - Mar 28 by CountyJim

No Dicky I'm wondering what redeployment they have been put to work at if they are not looking after Key workers children

Glad to hear it.....whilst we are at it why stop at what teachers are doing? There's more than just one sector at home on 80% doing sweet FA
Teachers on 13:15 - Mar 28 with 1528 viewsSwanjaxs

I can just imagine a certain poster on this site sweeping the roads in his pink marigold's and pinny on...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Teachers on 13:16 - Mar 28 with 1520 viewsGwyn737

I’ll give you a quick run through of my week has to help clarify, Jim.

- organised staffing to ensure that there is childcare for all key workers. This has included extending opening hours to 7:30 to 5:30 whilst safely taking staff who a pregnant, have dependants care or underlying health conditions out of the rota.
- sorted out home learning for all our children and made available paper copies for those without internet access
- provided and in some cases delivered meals for those families struggling financially
- phoned all families who are deemed vulnerable twice to check on welfare and give help where requested. From this, one of the teachers dropped round and £20 electricity top up card to a family with no power. This is just one example.
- organised Easter provision so there is childcare and meals for families over what would have been the holidays
- set up remote learning (including training where needed) in preparation for a long term shut down.
- along with Mrs Gwyn looked after our own child to keep a key worker space free in his school as I know the pressure they’re under.

Throughout this I have had not one bit of resistance from teachers, support staff, cleaning staff and admin staff. All of them have made systems possible.

Hope that helps.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 16:13]
Teachers on 13:18 - Mar 28 with 1511 viewsCountyJim

I'm more interested in public servants because people like Ashmen and street cleaners been told they have to work as normal

Who is covering them on days off or while having to isolate you would hope it wasn't overtime and local authorities are using teachers in a flexible manner

I will give you examples in steelworks if say one department has been put on stop for what ever issues the manning for the department not working is set to work say cleaning other departments

Makes sense really
Teachers on 13:21 - Mar 28 with 1498 viewsSwanjaxs

Teachers on 13:16 - Mar 28 by Gwyn737

- organised staffing to ensure that there is childcare for all key workers. This has included extending opening hours to 7:30 to 5:30 whilst safely taking staff who a pregnant, have dependants care or underlying health conditions out of the rota.
- sorted out home learning for all our children and made available paper copies for those without internet access
- provided and in some cases delivered meals for those families struggling financially
- phoned all families who are deemed vulnerable twice to check on welfare and give help where requested. From this, one of the teachers dropped round and £20 electricity top up card to a family with no power. This is just one example.
- organised Easter provision so there is childcare and meals for families over what would have been the holidays
- set up remote learning (including training where needed) in preparation for a long term shut down.
- along with Mrs Gwyn looked after our own child to keep a key worker space free in his school as I know the pressure they’re under.

Throughout this I have had not one bit of resistance from teachers, support staff, cleaning staff and admin staff. All of them have made systems possible.

Hope that helps.

Can you squeeze in a quick shift on the bin lorry twice a week in the short term though?...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Login to get fewer ads

Teachers on 13:23 - Mar 28 with 1490 viewsoldtownjack

Hope that helps.

You beat me to it Gwyn.

All of the above.

Teachers on 13:33 - Mar 28 with 1466 viewsGwyn737

Teachers on 13:21 - Mar 28 by Swanjaxs

Can you squeeze in a quick shift on the bin lorry twice a week in the short term though?...

🤣

I am on the cleaning rota but I only have to get the bins to the gate!
Teachers on 13:36 - Mar 28 with 1449 viewsdickythorpe

Thank you Gwyn.
Teachers on 13:43 - Mar 28 with 1427 viewsJackfath

Teachers on 13:15 - Mar 28 by Swanjaxs

I can just imagine a certain poster on this site sweeping the roads in his pink marigold's and pinny on...

Careful now, or I'll post up the PM you sent me a few months back.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Teachers on 13:46 - Mar 28 with 1412 viewsSwanjaxs

Teachers on 13:43 - Mar 28 by Jackfath

Crack on mate

As it happens I sent I few posters pm's that I'd clashed with over the years on here, all except you have excepted them gracefully...

Was just trying to be the bigger person and holding out an olive branch 👍

Turns out I needn't have bothered because you are a massive bellend sausage boi x

[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 13:51]

Teachers on 14:03 - Mar 28 with 1359 viewsMrSwerve

Hope that helps.

Mrs Swerve has been doing much the same, thanks for saving me the effort of typing it out.

Teachers are doing a brilliant job at the moment.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Teachers on 14:03 - Mar 28 with 1358 viewsNotLoyal

Teachers on 12:55 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

Apparently the ambulance bloke who fckd his Mrs fckd a Teacher afterwards 😘

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Teachers on 14:03 - Mar 28 with 1354 viewsJackfath

Teachers on 13:46 - Mar 28 by Swanjaxs

Crack on mate

As it happens I sent I few posters pm's that I'd clashed with over the years on here, all except you have excepted them gracefully...

Was just trying to be the bigger person and holding out an olive branch 👍

Turns out I needn't have bothered because you are a massive bellend sausage boi x

[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 13:51]

...and yet I've been nothing but civil to you. How odd that you're obsessing about me so frequently.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Teachers on 14:11 - Mar 28 with 1326 viewsSwanjaxs

Teachers on 14:03 - Mar 28 by Jackfath

...and yet I've been nothing but civil to you. How odd that you're obsessing about me so frequently.

You squealed like a baby the other day when I schooled you over your grossly misinformed thread about the Welsh Assembly Minister for Health Soss ...

And I must admit I love getting the better of you every time.

Now go cook some sausages or something x

Teachers on 14:20 - Mar 28 with 1311 viewsJackfath

Teachers on 14:11 - Mar 28 by Swanjaxs

You squealed like a baby the other day when I schooled you over your grossly misinformed thread about the Welsh Assembly Minister for Health Soss ...

And I must admit I love getting the better of you every time.

Now go cook some sausages or something x

Except you didn't.

I'm here for you to offload your anxiety. Clearly you're in need of some help at the moment.

Teachers on 14:22 - Mar 28 with 1300 viewsJackfath

But, for the sake of everyone, at this moment, how about you just stop all this abusive nonsense.

Thanks.

Teachers on 14:24 - Mar 28 with 1295 viewsSwanjaxs

Teachers on 14:20 - Mar 28 by Jackfath

Except you didn't.

I'm here for you to offload your anxiety. Clearly you're in need of some help at the moment.

A nice fat juicey sausage would help kid ...

Can you sort one out for me? 👍

Teachers on 14:25 - Mar 28 with 1289 viewsSwanjaxs

Teachers on 14:22 - Mar 28 by Jackfath

But, for the sake of everyone, at this moment, how about you just stop all this abusive nonsense.

Thanks.

Teachers on 14:40 - Mar 28 with 1266 viewsjack2jack

Teachers on 13:43 - Mar 28 by Jackfath

Oh! Blimey, hadn't correlated the two, mums the word, I'll say fvck all.
Take it easy buddy.😉
Teachers on 14:55 - Mar 28 with 1236 viewsraynor94

Seriously, what a pathetic opening post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Teachers on 14:59 - Mar 28 with 1226 viewsBarrySwan

Teachers on 13:03 - Mar 28 by CountyJim

My Wifes a secondary school teacher.

The school staff are taking it in turns to go into School to look after Key workers kids and when not required in school are spending all day on the computer setting lessons, sending, receiving and marking course work and responding to questions with the rest of the kids who are working from home.

Theres a load of extra work as a lot of the course work is having to be made up to adapt to the home computer scenario especially with that complete waste of space we have here, the Welsh Bacc ( we're different here in Wales see, we even have to do generally derided substandard crap courses like the Welsh bacc just to prove we're different see look you)

As regards redeployment the teachers have been told that they may well be redeployed into other public sector roles.

What these are hasn't been explained yet.

Hope this puts your fears to rest that teachers may be on a Skive.
Teachers on 15:00 - Mar 28 with 1223 viewsCooperman

Hope that helps.

Mrs Cooperman can relate to all of this. Next week she signs away her Easter holiday in the event that these efforts need to be maintained, which they almost certainly will have to be. The education profession is part of a long list of employment sectors that are adapting responsibilities and going the extra mile in this time of crisis.

That’s what makes us GREAT Britain.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024