Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? 11:08 - Mar 29 with 14656 viewsladyjack

If Keir Starmer wins the Labour leadership contest will people that did not vote Labour at the last General Election now vote for the Labour party ?
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:18 - Mar 29 with 3521 viewsjacktar

I think there were probably some who would not vote for Corbyn at any cost and probably voted Lib/Dem rather than Boris. I think they would likely support Keir Starmer in the future.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:23 - Mar 29 with 3514 viewsPegojack

A 'how long is a piece of string?' question.
It depends on so many things. His performance, the people he surrounds himself with, the government's performance, world events, etc, etc.
One thing is for sure already, this leadership contest has gone on far too long, it should have been done and dusted two weeks ago. He should be in place now, and holding Boris and his ragtag army to account on things which are going to cost people their lives, like their response to the EU initiative to source new ventilators. Gove was on the Marr show this morning lying about it again.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 11:29]
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:24 - Mar 29 with 3503 viewsraynor94

100%

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:27 - Mar 29 with 3490 viewsdickythorpe

Is Gove actually human? He's been perpetual verbal diarrhoea all this week.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:29 - Mar 29 with 3483 viewsCatullus

It will depend on whether or not he listens to what Labour voters want or goes down the same path as Corbyn.
People are already worried that's he a bit like Blair, more image than substance and that he will push for the things that helped Corbyn to his massive hiding.

It might also be relevant to ask if the EU will survive this pandemic given the cracks that had alredy opened appear to be widening. I say that because Starmer is pro EU.

Matteo Salvini has already been making noises,

https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/28/eu-will-lose-its-raison-d-etre-if-it-fails-t

If Labour didn't have to worry about the EU maybe Starmers chances would improve.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:32 - Mar 29 with 3480 viewsmonmouth

I'd forgotten about this. When is the result?

Corbyn has shafted that party right to the last possible moment by still being there for an unnecessary three months, the toxic turd.

No one can really hold anyone to account until the crisis is over. People rally around their leaders in these circumstances no matter how shit. This is being proved all round the world just now. The payback tends to come when the crisis has passed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:33 - Mar 29 with 3475 viewsmonmouth

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:27 - Mar 29 by dickythorpe

Is Gove actually human? He's been perpetual verbal diarrhoea all this week.

No, he's made entirely of slime.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:39 - Mar 29 with 3465 viewsbuilthjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:23 - Mar 29 by Pegojack

It depends on so many things. His performance, the people he surrounds himself with, the government's performance, world events, etc, etc.
One thing is for sure already, this leadership contest has gone on far too long, it should have been done and dusted two weeks ago. He should be in place now, and holding Boris and his ragtag army to account on things which are going to cost people their lives, like their response to the EU initiative to source new ventilators. Gove was on the Marr show this morning lying about it again.

An awful lot of lies

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:40 - Mar 29 with 3462 viewsCatullus

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:32 - Mar 29 by monmouth

I'd forgotten about this. When is the result?

Corbyn has shafted that party right to the last possible moment by still being there for an unnecessary three months, the toxic turd.

No one can really hold anyone to account until the crisis is over. People rally around their leaders in these circumstances no matter how shit. This is being proved all round the world just now. The payback tends to come when the crisis has passed.

I think it's telling that Boris's approval rating is over 70% but 54% felt Corbyn had done a bad job. It's Corbyn's final act of self harm to Labour.

Where people are right, even the Corbynistas, is we need a strong opposition to keep the government in check, hold them to account. If Starmer can show himself capable of uniting Labour and holding the government to account, of being a proper Labour leader then he definitely has a chance.

If Starmer doesn't win however, well to be honest it doesn't bear thinking about, a Long-Bailey led Labour will wither away. In my opinion.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:41 - Mar 29 with 3460 viewsWarwickHunt

He’ll tear Boris a new one at PMQs. Not sure how much that will count for though.

Needs a Machiavellian figure like Campbell or Mandy behind the scenes instead of the earnest halfwits Corbyn used. More importantly, get rid of the third rate Cabinet deadwood and get the likes of Cooper, Benn and Creasy in from the backbenches. I cringe every time I see Abbott, Gardiner or Burgon on telly - I suspect I’m not alone.

Anyway, “events, dear boy, events” (as Macmillan didn’t say).
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 11:53]
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:53 - Mar 29 with 3443 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:29 - Mar 29 by Catullus

It will depend on whether or not he listens to what Labour voters want or goes down the same path as Corbyn.
People are already worried that's he a bit like Blair, more image than substance and that he will push for the things that helped Corbyn to his massive hiding.

It might also be relevant to ask if the EU will survive this pandemic given the cracks that had alredy opened appear to be widening. I say that because Starmer is pro EU.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/28/eu-will-lose-its-raison-d-etre-if-it-fails-t

If Labour didn't have to worry about the EU maybe Starmers chances would improve.

All the main parties are pro EU with the Cons neutral with Boris historically changing his mind constantly on the subject, with a 52-48 result at the time does it really matter what Starmer's position on the EU is ?
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:00 - Mar 29 with 3431 viewsCatullus

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:53 - Mar 29 by ladyjack

All the main parties are pro EU with the Cons neutral with Boris historically changing his mind constantly on the subject, with a 52-48 result at the time does it really matter what Starmer's position on the EU is ?

You are saying the Tories neutral? And are you also saying that all those Labour voters who chose Bojo won't matter?

I guess Bojo ditching as many MP's as he could who weren't pro brexit and standing on a policy of get brexit done was lost on you?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:14 - Mar 29 with 3410 viewssP7qupUf

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:23 - Mar 29 by Pegojack

Saw Gove this morning. Was it me, or did he not answer a single question?
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:15 - Mar 29 with 3409 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:00 - Mar 29 by Catullus

You are saying the Tories neutral? And are you also saying that all those Labour voters who chose Bojo won't matter?

I guess Bojo ditching as many MP's as he could who weren't pro brexit and standing on a policy of get brexit done was lost on you?

The official stance of the major parties were that they were pro EU and the Conservatives were neutral.
Boris famously had two speeches one pro remain and one pro leave depending on which way the wind was blowing.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:21 - Mar 29 with 3397 viewsBest_loser

Yes

A lot
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:22 - Mar 29 with 3392 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Conservative Party isn’t neutral, it’s heavily pro Brexit. The new Parliamentary Party s of December is massively pro Brexit and the membership even more so.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:28 - Mar 29 with 3372 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Best part of five years to go by usual standards, who knows where we will be then?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:31 - Mar 29 with 3369 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:22 - Mar 29 by Joe_bradshaw

The Conservative Party isn’t neutral, it’s heavily pro Brexit. The new Parliamentary Party s of December is massively pro Brexit and the membership even more so.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:41 - Mar 29 with 3352 viewsNotLoyal

Starmer is labours last hope, intelligent man, knows stuff.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:49 - Mar 29 with 3341 viewsmonmouth

He needs to be pro eu. Berkshit will totally break this country on top of covid. Plus more people voted for pro eu parties in the election despite the spin put on it by the ideological zealots. The 'get done' bit resonated far more than the 'brexit' bit and when the reality hits, that will be exposed for what it is. Another empty slogan.

Anyway, without getting back to that crap, yes, non labour voters will vote for him. He looks like a tory and is only slightly left of centre so he will lose the real magicgramps nutters but, if he is crafty and, as warwick says, picks the proper 'influencers' rather than reptiles like the revolting Murphy, he will gain a lot more that were repelled by them. Like me, for instance.

Long bailey would end that party.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:49 - Mar 29 with 3338 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:29 - Mar 29 by Catullus

Blair won three elections so if he goes down that path he’ll probably do ok.

Poll: Tory leader

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:51 - Mar 29 with 3333 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:15 - Mar 29 by ladyjack

The official stance of the major parties were that they were pro EU and the Conservatives were neutral.
Boris famously had two speeches one pro remain and one pro leave depending on which way the wind was blowing.

The Conservatives were officially pro EU during the referendum campaign. Cameron allowed dissenting MPs to campaign for leave if they wanted.

Poll: Tory leader

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 13:13 - Mar 29 with 3305 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:31 - Mar 29 by ladyjack

You said “All the main parties ARE pro EU with the Cons neutral “ which is what I replied to.

Now you are saying they were in 2016. Yes they were in 2016 but they certainly are not now. What they were in 2016 is irrelevant to a debate about Starmer’s position in 2020 which is what this thread is about.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 14:14 - Mar 29 with 3239 viewsNotLoyal

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 13:13 - Mar 29 by Joe_bradshaw

You said “All the main parties ARE pro EU with the Cons neutral “ which is what I replied to.

Now you are saying they were in 2016. Yes they were in 2016 but they certainly are not now. What they were in 2016 is irrelevant to a debate about Starmer’s position in 2020 which is what this thread is about.

All the party’s wanted us to stay. Individuals aside.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:39 - Mar 29 with 3171 viewsEbo

Milliband Mk2 mark my words.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024