Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? 11:08 - Mar 29 with 14814 viewsladyjack

If Keir Starmer wins the Labour leadership contest will people that did not vote Labour at the last General Election now vote for the Labour party ?
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 14:54 - Apr 5 with 687 viewsPozuelosSideys

As much of an improvement as Starmer is on teh previous incumbent, im still struggling to get my head around Rayner being on the front bench, let alone the number 2. This is somebody who left school without a single qualification to her name and as far as im aware stil doesnt have any. How does that work then?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 14:55 - Apr 5 with 684 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 14:54 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

As much of an improvement as Starmer is on teh previous incumbent, im still struggling to get my head around Rayner being on the front bench, let alone the number 2. This is somebody who left school without a single qualification to her name and as far as im aware stil doesnt have any. How does that work then?

Do qualifications matter?

Poll: Tory leader

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:00 - Apr 5 with 676 viewsmonmouth

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 14:55 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

She needs a two week course at Eton and a certificate in arrogant superiority pdfq.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:01 - Apr 5 with 674 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 14:55 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

Yes. If they dont matter when youre potentially number 2, then whats the point in having any at all? I get that they have advisors coming out of every hole, but some basics would be nice.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:07 - Apr 5 with 655 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:01 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Yes. If they dont matter when youre potentially number 2, then whats the point in having any at all? I get that they have advisors coming out of every hole, but some basics would be nice.

Why do qualifications matter? How do you know what her intelligence level is? If you’re judging someone’s intelligence purely on the formal qualifications they may or may not have then that’s deeply flawed.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:13 - Apr 5 with 640 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:07 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

Why do qualifications matter? How do you know what her intelligence level is? If you’re judging someone’s intelligence purely on the formal qualifications they may or may not have then that’s deeply flawed.

Basic maths GCSE? Even a C grade maybe? Cmon.

It has nothing to do with inate intelligence. But considerably more in order to be able to assess, evaluate, analyse and provide basic solutions to problems. Making a lot of noise is helpful, but only when there is substance. Starmer has clearly appointed her as his attack dog which is fair enough.

So if exams and grades are so irrelevent, why do we bother testing anyone, and why do we have an higher education system? It sends out entirely the wrong message to me. But each to their own.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 15:14]

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:17 - Apr 5 with 626 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:13 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

It has nothing to do with inate intelligence. But considerably more in order to be able to assess, evaluate, analyse and provide basic solutions to problems. Making a lot of noise is helpful, but only when there is substance. Starmer has clearly appointed her as his attack dog which is fair enough.

So if exams and grades are so irrelevent, why do we bother testing anyone, and why do we have an higher education system? It sends out entirely the wrong message to me. But each to their own.

I didn’t say they were irrelevant, simply that they’re not the be all and end all as it relates to suitability, especially for politicians. Most of Westminster has some kind of high faluting university education or other. It’s not exactly stood the country in good stead.

But yeah, each to their own.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:21 - Apr 5 with 612 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:17 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

I didn’t say they were irrelevant, simply that they’re not the be all and end all as it relates to suitability, especially for politicians. Most of Westminster has some kind of high faluting university education or other. It’s not exactly stood the country in good stead.

But yeah, each to their own.

Definitely not the be all and end all absolutely. Ive seen some of the hardest working, most savvy employees come through the system on a apprentice type scheme with only A-Levels absolute blow the "high quality" privately educated graduates out of the water. But thats not really the norm.

Rayner must have something about her, tho (and im assuming loads here) that her mouth got her into her Union Rep job and i assume she did ok at it. Whether her style was a noisy aggressive one i dunno, but thatll need to be toned down if she ever gets near any of the corporate suits.

That said, i hope Starmer at least culls the nutters, a decent opposition is needed always.

Login to get fewer ads

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:23 - Apr 5 with 604 viewsGlyn1

No-one is saying that Rayner is stupid. She left school aged 16 because she was pregnant not because she was unintelligent. She's been a very competent MP for five years, and when she spoke in my constituency I thought that she was extremely impressive.

If Starmer makes good on his promise to unite the Labour party by keeping the best pro-Corbyn supporters but also promote the centre-left then there is a large pool of talent that has been under used in the last few years, and at the moment I'm cautiously optimistic having voted for both of them.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:30 - Apr 5 with 593 viewslondonlisa2001

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:13 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

She didn’t do GCSEs because she left school as she was pregnant, not because she’s thick.

She grew up with a Mum who couldn’t read or write, became pregnant at 16, went back to college in her spare time and became qualified in social care, worked in social care for many years, at one point was also a carer to her Mum and, with three children, at the age of 40, has become the deputy leader of the Labour Party.

I think she has a lot more substance than virtually anyone in politics, whether you agree with her politics or not.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:31 - Apr 5 with 592 viewsGlyn1

"Starmer has clearly appointed her as his attack dog which is fair enough."

It would be easy to think that but it's a mistake. Rayner wasn't appointed by Starmer but voted for by the party members and he doesn't have the right to dismiss her. She is legitimately the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party. Obviously that can cause problems if the two disagree with each other as happened with Corbyn and Tom Watson.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:34 - Apr 5 with 583 viewsbuilthjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 14:54 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Life skills and experience can be as good, and sometimes better than qualifications.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:41 - Apr 5 with 572 viewsFireboy2

This post sums you up for what you are, a complete and utter buffoon.

As I have stated in another post about this country it's people like you the media and the tories love, fvcking gullible.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 555 viewsDJack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:41 - Apr 5 by Fireboy2

This post sums you up for what you are, a complete and utter buffoon.

As I have stated in another post about this country it's people like you the media and the tories love, fvcking gullible.

Fireboy. I disagree with shit tonnes of his posts but he is (normally) a tidy poster. That said, I very much agree with his detractors on this subject.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:48 - Apr 5 with 553 viewswaynekerr55

Barry Gardiner stood down by Starmer already according to Sky News.

The average IQ of the Shadow Cabinet has significantly risen on the back of that

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:50 - Apr 5 with 549 viewsFireboy2

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:47 - Apr 5 by DJack

Fireboy. I disagree with shit tonnes of his posts but he is (normally) a tidy poster. That said, I very much agree with his detractors on this subject.

Aye he is normally decent on football posts but a complete buffoon on politics though.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 544 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:48 - Apr 5 by waynekerr55

The average IQ of the Shadow Cabinet has significantly risen on the back of that

Opposition back bench IQ decimated.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:56 - Apr 5 with 534 viewsWarwickHunt

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:30 - Apr 5 by londonlisa2001

She didn’t do GCSEs because she left school as she was pregnant, not because she’s thick.

She grew up with a Mum who couldn’t read or write, became pregnant at 16, went back to college in her spare time and became qualified in social care, worked in social care for many years, at one point was also a carer to her Mum and, with three children, at the age of 40, has become the deputy leader of the Labour Party.

I think she has a lot more substance than virtually anyone in politics, whether you agree with her politics or not.

Her reputation is someone who’s streetwise, bright and feisty.
She could surprise a few people...
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:58 - Apr 5 with 525 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:50 - Apr 5 by Fireboy2

Aye he is normally decent on football posts but a complete buffoon on politics though.

Thanks for that mate. But i live in a different world to yours, doesnt make me wrong. Just opinions.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:00 - Apr 5 with 519 viewswaynekerr55

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:01 - Apr 5 with 517 viewsWarwickHunt

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:48 - Apr 5 by waynekerr55

Thank fûck for that. Abbott, Trickett and Burgon next please.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:05 - Apr 5 with 502 viewsFireboy2

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:58 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Thanks for that mate. But i live in a different world to yours, doesnt make me wrong. Just opinions.

Thanks.

But you are calling rayner too thick to be dep leader when shes obviously got there by merit, why didnt you research her before posting?

Perhaps you should put yourself forward to be a prospective tory MP, you are perfect.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:10 - Apr 5 with 492 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:05 - Apr 5 by Fireboy2

Thanks.

But you are calling rayner too thick to be dep leader when shes obviously got there by merit, why didnt you research her before posting?

Perhaps you should put yourself forward to be a prospective tory MP, you are perfect.

I never called her thick. Point out where i did please? I said she has no qualifications and she has managed to get herself to the number 2 position on the shadow front bench.

What message does that send out? Those of us who spend years and years and years jumping through hoops, getting into loads of debt and wrking our balls off just so we get a piece of paper to get into a "qualified job" are now looking at somebody who has been put into a potentially super senior role in Government. Why bother with school? Why bother with college? Uni? Post grad? Then working your way up. Fck it, we can all be like her. She may well be outstanding, but remains to be seen. By merit you say? Like uhh, Corbyn and the rest of the incompetents you mean? Where was the merit there? Shes tarnished with that brush now im afriad

As for the Tory thing. Not sure i find that insulting im afraid Boomer.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:13 - Apr 5 with 486 viewsbuilthjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:58 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

What world do you live in? Odd thing to say.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:13 - Apr 5 with 486 views3swan

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:01 - Apr 5 by WarwickHunt

Thank fûck for that. Abbott, Trickett and Burgon next please.

Can't find now but I read that Abbott had gone?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024