Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? 11:55 - Mar 29 with 1705 viewsdickythorpe

Not for me I'm like Yul Brynner, but some of my relatives are over 70 and asking me ?
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 11:59 - Mar 29 with 1686 viewsItchySphincter

I have a tiny set of clippers in my wash bag and my missus managed to do me and my two boys with them the other day. No experience, I figured that if she ballsed it up I wouldn’t see any one for a while anyway so it wouldn’t matter. I think she did a pretty good job and the boys are happy.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 12:01 - Mar 29 with 1682 viewsmajorraglan

Personally I would advise against this as it’s breaching the Social Distancing guidelines - Big Mel’s in Carmarthen has closed for this very reason, they didn’t want to be in close proximity to numerous
Customers for extended periods and risk catching or passing the virus on.
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 12:03 - Mar 29 with 1669 viewsItchySphincter

Sorry to hijack dicky but what’s the story with takeaways? There’s definitely some open for collection near me - is that right?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 12:04 - Mar 29 with 1671 viewsBDS

Obviously not. They're going to be busy when this is all over. Who is really worried about their hair needing doing with all that's going on at the moment. Ridiculous!!
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 12:07 - Mar 29 with 1653 viewsSwanjaxs

No to both questions

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 12:24 - Mar 29 with 1603 viewsdickythorpe

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 12:04 - Mar 29 by BDS

Obviously not. They're going to be busy when this is all over. Who is really worried about their hair needing doing with all that's going on at the moment. Ridiculous!!

You could argue it's ridiculous the supermarkets are open with staff not wearing gloves and masks.
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 13:56 - Mar 29 with 1512 viewsairedale

Yup Brynner is a skelington now Dicky.
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 13:59 - Mar 29 with 1504 viewsBDS

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 12:24 - Mar 29 by dickythorpe

You could argue it's ridiculous the supermarkets are open with staff not wearing gloves and masks.

Agree with you completely on that
Login to get fewer ads

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 14:27 - Mar 29 with 1459 viewsHighjack

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 13:59 - Mar 29 by BDS

Agree with you completely on that

NHS and WHO advice makes it clear that masks and gloves are utterly pointless.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 14:27 - Mar 29 with 1461 viewsairedale

Why should shop staff wear masks and gloves, I don’t see the point?

Although you’re less likely to put your fingers in your cakehole if you’re wearing a mask and gloves I suppose.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 14:30]
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 14:52 - Mar 29 with 1431 viewsdickythorpe

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 14:27 - Mar 29 by airedale

Although you’re less likely to put your fingers in your cakehole if you’re wearing a mask and gloves I suppose.

Do you trust the personal hygiene of strangers?
I sure as hell don't
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 14:56 - Mar 29 with 1414 viewshobo

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 14:27 - Mar 29 by airedale

In case they infect you. Same reason why everyone should be wearing a mask.

Very pleasing to see at least 50% of people following suit when I was out this morning. A huge improvement on even last week when it was more like 5%
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 15:09 - Mar 29 with 1391 viewsraynor94

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 14:56 - Mar 29 by hobo

In case they infect you. Same reason why everyone should be wearing a mask.

Very pleasing to see at least 50% of people following suit when I was out this morning. A huge improvement on even last week when it was more like 5%

Most face masks people in the street are wearing are a waste of time. Exercising a safe distance is every bit as good. Using gloves on a shopping trip and disposing of them after returning home I can understand.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 15:56 - Mar 29 with 1342 viewsairedale

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 14:52 - Mar 29 by dickythorpe

Do you trust the personal hygiene of strangers?
I sure as hell don't

Which strangers? The ones who used my basket/trolley before me, or the ones who handled my purchases before I put them in my buggy, the ones who handled the door before me?

And of course on and on with as many other examples you can think of.
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 16:09 - Mar 29 with 1332 viewsdickythorpe

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 15:56 - Mar 29 by airedale

Which strangers? The ones who used my basket/trolley before me, or the ones who handled my purchases before I put them in my buggy, the ones who handled the door before me?

And of course on and on with as many other examples you can think of.

Are you ok Airedale?
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 16:14 - Mar 29 with 1323 viewsairedale

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 16:09 - Mar 29 by dickythorpe

Are you ok Airedale?

Yeah, fine thanks Dicky. I was thinking earlier about my particular circumstances, I’m reasonably healthy and have no contact with people in the vulnerable sector, so I was wondering if it would be beneficial for the likes of me to actually get the bug and be done with it.

I actually wonder if they’ve done that with Bojo.
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 16:35 - Mar 29 with 1304 viewsdickythorpe

Take it easy Airedale.
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 22:07 - Mar 30 with 1089 viewsbuilthjack

My hair will be like Darran by the time this is over. Darran will be tickling his knees by then.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 22:14 - Mar 30 with 974 viewsCatullus

I had the clippers out earlier, 0.5 all over now so that'll last a while. My son wants me to shave the sides of his head and try trimming the top. He said 'it's ok dad, if it's a mess you can just shave it like yours' because 'it's not like I'm going to see my friends for months so it'll have grown back'

I'm gonna have some fun tomorrow.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 22:19 - Mar 30 with 968 viewsbuilthjack

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 22:14 - Mar 30 by Catullus

I had the clippers out earlier, 0.5 all over now so that'll last a while. My son wants me to shave the sides of his head and try trimming the top. He said 'it's ok dad, if it's a mess you can just shave it like yours' because 'it's not like I'm going to see my friends for months so it'll have grown back'

Never have a haircut like your Dad

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 22:24 - Mar 30 with 956 viewsCatullus

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 22:19 - Mar 30 by builthjack

Never have a haircut like your Dad

Oh it won't be like mine

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 23:28 - Mar 30 with 931 viewsmajorraglan

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 22:14 - Mar 30 by Catullus

My son is in Uni across the other side of the bridge, a bog standard hair cut is about £20 to £25.
He came home about a fortnight ago and was going to get a hair cut but the barbers shut before he could get there. His hair was in his eyes and getting on his nerves, so based on the presumption he’s not going to be seeing his mates for a month or 2 he asked me to cut it with my clippers. Got the machine out fully expecting him to chicken out, but he didn’t - his pride and joy’s now gone and he’s not got much more than me left!

My mates father used to say the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut ..... is 2 weeks.
Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 09:54 - Mar 31 with 845 viewsCatullus

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 23:28 - Mar 30 by majorraglan

My son is in Uni across the other side of the bridge, a bog standard hair cut is about £20 to £25.
He came home about a fortnight ago and was going to get a hair cut but the barbers shut before he could get there. His hair was in his eyes and getting on his nerves, so based on the presumption he’s not going to be seeing his mates for a month or 2 he asked me to cut it with my clippers. Got the machine out fully expecting him to chicken out, but he didn’t - his pride and joy’s now gone and he’s not got much more than me left!

My mates father used to say the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut ..... is 2 weeks.

When I was young...younger...I tried loads of different barbers looking for one who could give me a haircut I was happy with. When I hit 40 I had my firstreally short cut, grade 2 all over and people said it suited me. Then last year I got a new set of clippers, misread the instructions and set the blades too low and once I'd started it was too late, a 0.5 all over was the result because I'd gone straight over the top middle. I was a bit but then people said it suited me even more.

Wish I'd done it sooner.

Are barbers open? Allowed to do home visits? on 10:03 - Mar 31 with 837 viewsdickythorpe

Harry Griffiths's daughter used to cut my hair when I was a student in Swansea market. I think it was Taffy's.
A good laugh she was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024