Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, China.. 17:32 - Mar 29 with 6757 viewsPozuelosSideys

When this mess eventually ends, whenever that may be, but it will. What will be done with China? Obviously its unlikely that there will be any aggressive measures and nor should there be. But should other countries look to put political pressure on their Government (or some other means) to try and get their population into the 21st centuryin terms of food hygiene, diet (for want of another word) and the medieval way in which they consume the types of protein which has put the world in this position.

China are trying to put themselves forward as a modern, technologically advanced, and somewhat wealthy nation (not for the majority of the population to be fair, but those in decision making positions of influence are), yet Coronovirus is not the first ill to come from their nation. SARS is one, but other people probably know of others.

Will China care? Can they be influenced?Can global public pressure influence anything if everyone just refused to buy their products? Will people just forget about this?

You can argue this isnt Chinas issue, its a Global one, as some newspapers have started writing about today. But the direct link between the consumption of bats and Chinese food markets and the direct links to viral outbreaks were papered back in 2007. It was spooky that this was called out 12 years previously and came true. Are there others?

What can be done?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

So, China.. on 17:38 - Mar 29 with 4073 viewsmonmouth

Well China could swat the uk away with one finger, so all Gove's ridiculous deflection and sabre rattling and Daily Mail nonsense can just be binned. Simply withdrawing all its students from UK Universities as they did with canada would mean financial collapse of many of those institutions. Many might be screwed simply by next year anyway.

What will the rest of the world do? Make noises, accept assurances and back to 'normal', which is probably what will also depressingly happen with everything else too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

So, China.. on 17:38 - Mar 29 with 4069 viewslondonlisa2001

Why not ask the same of the US given swine flu started there? That caused half a million deaths.
So, China.. on 17:41 - Mar 29 with 4056 viewsPozuelosSideys

So, China.. on 17:38 - Mar 29 by monmouth

Well China could swat the uk away with one finger, so all Gove's ridiculous deflection and sabre rattling and Daily Mail nonsense can just be binned. Simply withdrawing all its students from UK Universities as they did with canada would mean financial collapse of many of those institutions. Many might be screwed simply by next year anyway.

What will the rest of the world do? Make noises, accept assurances and back to 'normal', which is probably what will also depressingly happen with everything else too.

No doubt, but this is a global pandemic affecting every nation on Earth virtually. We cant accept another "lessons will be learned" soundbite like we all get for everything. As Lisa mentioned below, it was the same for swine flu and the US. Not entirely sure what adjustments were made Globally if im honest, or whether anything can ever be done.

God help us all if and when the Climatologists prove to be correct and the moment comes. We're all screwed.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

So, China.. on 17:42 - Mar 29 with 4055 viewsDJack

So, China.. on 17:38 - Mar 29 by londonlisa2001

Why not ask the same of the US given swine flu started there? That caused half a million deaths.

...and their routine use of antibiotics in cattle is causing worldwide antibiotic resistance. But, yeah, China.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

So, China.. on 17:45 - Mar 29 with 4035 viewsmonmouth

So, China.. on 17:42 - Mar 29 by DJack

...and their routine use of antibiotics in cattle is causing worldwide antibiotic resistance. But, yeah, China.

DJ mun, I was depressed enough....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

So, China.. on 17:45 - Mar 29 with 4033 viewslondonlisa2001

So, China.. on 17:42 - Mar 29 by DJack

What I think is crucial is an investigation into whether China covered up vital information in an effort to keep the scale of the issue secret, and additionally the role of the WHO in all this.

I’m continually amazed at people criticising our experts (or those of other countries) going against WHO, when I see little reason to trust the WHO.
So, China.. on 17:47 - Mar 29 with 4024 viewsDJack

So, China.. on 17:45 - Mar 29 by monmouth

DJ mun, I was depressed enough....

Sorry buddy, just keep the levels of blood in your alcohol stream low and you will pull through.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

So, China.. on 17:55 - Mar 29 with 3997 viewscontroversial_jack

So, China.. on 17:38 - Mar 29 by londonlisa2001

Also, the so called Spanish flu of 1918 started there too
Login to get fewer ads

So, China.. on 18:00 - Mar 29 with 3979 viewsPozuelosSideys

So, China.. on 17:55 - Mar 29 by controversial_jack

Also, the so called Spanish flu of 1918 started there too

Thats unproven tbf. The first recorded case was an American fella though, youre right on the American link.

So, China.. on 18:42 - Mar 29 with 3913 viewscontroversial_jack

So, China.. on 18:00 - Mar 29 by PozuelosSideys

Thats unproven tbf. The first recorded case was an American fella though, youre right on the American link.

My understanding was that it came from Kansas and was exported to Europe by troops
So, China.. on 19:43 - Mar 29 with 3863 viewsdickythorpe

Education and closing down the archaic dog/cat/bat/pigeon/turtle food markets.
So, China.. on 19:51 - Mar 29 with 3844 viewsPozuelosSideys

So, China.. on 18:42 - Mar 29 by controversial_jack

My understanding was that it came from Kansas and was exported to Europe by troops

Yep, i think thats the consensus, most likely view but never proven. Given the tools available to them at the time, its likely to be the only one we will get.

So, China.. on 20:03 - Mar 29 with 3823 viewslonglostjack

So, China.. on 19:43 - Mar 29 by dickythorpe

Education and closing down the archaic dog/cat/bat/pigeon/turtle food markets.

This. Stricter enforcement of those markets. If anyone can enforce it surely the Chinese regime can?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

So, China.. on 20:57 - Mar 29 with 3761 viewsbuilthjack

The Swiss still eat cats and dogs

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

So, China.. on 21:15 - Mar 29 with 3718 viewsLeonWasGod

Nothing wrong with China's traditional diet. It's only recently that heart disease and child obesity have rocketed because they're adopting a more Western diet. They'd be better off retaining their medieval way. Although that obviously doesn't mean there isn't an issue around hygiene in these 'wet' markets.
So, China.. on 07:03 - Mar 30 with 3590 viewsHighjack

Looking at it rationally, diseases are probably far more likely to originate from places like China or India because you’ve got the best part of a third of the entire worlds population crammed into incredibly densely populated areas.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

So, China.. on 11:06 - Mar 30 with 3465 viewscontroversial_jack

So, China.. on 07:03 - Mar 30 by Highjack

Looking at it rationally, diseases are probably far more likely to originate from places like China or India because you’ve got the best part of a third of the entire worlds population crammed into incredibly densely populated areas.

That's a very good point!
So, China.. on 11:43 - Mar 30 with 3421 viewsScotia

I'll be honest I thought that as a minimum China would close, or be forced to close, the wet markets where this and SARS originated. But they are open and operating as normal apparently.
So, China.. on 11:47 - Mar 30 with 3414 viewsDr_Winston

So, China.. on 17:45 - Mar 29 by londonlisa2001

What I think is crucial is an investigation into whether China covered up vital information in an effort to keep the scale of the issue secret, and additionally the role of the WHO in all this.

I’m continually amazed at people criticising our experts (or those of other countries) going against WHO, when I see little reason to trust the WHO.

The WHO have been going in to bat for China during the whole period. Deeply suspect at this point.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

So, China.. on 12:32 - Mar 30 with 3378 viewsNotLoyal

Any aggressive measures against China will result in more deaths than corona could ever dream about.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

So, China.. on 12:35 - Mar 30 with 3369 viewstheloneranger

So, China.. on 11:47 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

The WHO have been going in to bat for China during the whole period. Deeply suspect at this point.

Asia News are deeply suspect of China ...

"Wuhan, endless queues for ashes of coronavirus dead cast doubts on numbers"

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Wuhan,-endless-queues-for-ashes-of-coronavirus-de

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

So, China.. on 12:44 - Mar 30 with 3357 viewsDr_Winston

So, China.. on 12:35 - Mar 30 by theloneranger

Asia News are deeply suspect of China ...

"Wuhan, endless queues for ashes of coronavirus dead cast doubts on numbers"

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Wuhan,-endless-queues-for-ashes-of-coronavirus-de

You'd have to be tremendously naive and/or gullible to believe any of the Chinese figures.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

So, China.. on 12:45 - Mar 30 with 3356 viewsCatullus

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/paul-knott-on-chinas-coronavirus-re

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

So, China.. on 12:50 - Mar 30 with 3343 viewsThebus

So, China.. on 12:44 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

You'd have to be tremendously naive and/or gullible to believe any of the Chinese figures.

Not necessarily. Maybe the Chinese have actually counted those who have actually died from the virus and not of those who have died who may also have had the virus.
It’s the figures in this country and places like Italy & Spain that people should question.
So, China.. on 12:51 - Mar 30 with 3336 viewsOldjack

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/05/asia/china-coronavirus-wildlife-consumption-b that's a nice touch, Bastards

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024