Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People that like certain types of music 23:35 - Mar 29 with 2121 viewsDarran

I know music is subjective but do you think that some people say they like certain types of music because they think by saying it it makes them sound cool?
I’ll tell you why I ask,I’ve seen loads of people saying on Twitter over the last couple of days how brilliant Bob Dylan’s first new song in eight years is,I’m not a fan and wasn’t interested but after seeing someone say about it again just now I thought I’d have a listen.
I can’t lie,I thought it was the biggest load of fuçking wánk I’ve heard in years,probably since he last released something.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

People that like certain types of music on 10:41 - Mar 30 with 1109 viewsBDS

Up there with Mal Pope.
Sixteen minutes 😳. Did you manage to listen to the whole thing?
People that like certain types of music on 10:45 - Mar 30 with 1102 viewsDarran

People that like certain types of music on 10:41 - Mar 30 by BDS

Up there with Mal Pope.
Sixteen minutes 😳. Did you manage to listen to the whole thing?

I managed 3 minutes. It’s dreadful but if he recorded himself coughing and farting some people would say it’s genius.

People that like certain types of music on 10:48 - Mar 30 with 1094 viewsEbo

People that like certain types of music on 10:45 - Mar 30 by Darran

I managed 3 minutes. It’s dreadful but if he recorded himself coughing and farting some people would say it’s genius.

I'm no big Dylan fan but I disagree here as the lyrics are great. Bob ain't everyone's cup of tea including mine most of the time.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

People that like certain types of music on 10:50 - Mar 30 with 1088 viewsDarran

People that like certain types of music on 10:48 - Mar 30 by Ebo

I'm no big Dylan fan but I disagree here as the lyrics are great. Bob ain't everyone's cup of tea including mine most of the time.

It’s fuçking awful.

People that like certain types of music on 11:12 - Mar 30 with 1062 viewsDarran

People that like certain types of music on 10:45 - Mar 30 by Darran

See what I mean?

People that like certain types of music on 11:27 - Mar 30 with 1039 viewsairedale

Don’t know if its true, but I heard a story that Bob and a member of the Rolling Stones were out on the lash together and ended up talking about their music. Apparently it ended up in a violent argument cos Bob said he could have written Satisfaction but the Stones couldn’t have written Tambourine Man.

People that like certain types of music on 11:37 - Mar 30 with 1031 viewsmonmouth

I've never liked him singing his own songs, but I think some of them exhibit very high talent. Genius? No chance. Comparison with Tchaikovsky? F*cking laughable.

What next? Cheap Trick vs Beethoven? I suppose they sound better than Ludwig's van. Possibly.

Someone might disagree...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

People that like certain types of music on 11:42 - Mar 30 with 1026 viewsDarran

People that like certain types of music on 11:37 - Mar 30 by monmouth

I've never liked him singing his own songs, but I think some of them exhibit very high talent. Genius? No chance. Comparison with Tchaikovsky? F*cking laughable.

What next? Cheap Trick vs Beethoven? I suppose they sound better than Ludwig's van. Possibly.

Someone might disagree...

Login to get fewer ads

People that like certain types of music on 11:46 - Mar 30 with 1015 viewsmonmouth

People that like certain types of music on 11:42 - Mar 30 by Darran

I'm bored

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

People that like certain types of music on 11:52 - Mar 30 with 996 viewsEbo

People that like certain types of music on 11:27 - Mar 30 by airedale

Don’t know if its true, but I heard a story that Bob and a member of the Rolling Stones were out on the lash together and ended up talking about their music. Apparently it ended up in a violent argument cos Bob said he could have written Satisfaction but the Stones couldn’t have written Tambourine Man.

In the book 'Shakey' (Neil Young) Dylan and Young are touring together, alternating headling slots. There was a little friction between the 2, both trying to outshine one another in their headline slot. Even though they had been touring a while, they had never took to the stage together and played a song.

It's the last night of the tour, Young is headlining and in the pause before the encores, roadies bring out 2 acoustic guitars. The crowd gasp. Dylan and Young are going to play together. Young takes to the stage, no sign of Bob. Turns out Bob fu cked off home as soon as he finished playing :)

People that like certain types of music on 12:09 - Mar 30 with 962 viewsairedale

People that like certain types of music on 11:52 - Mar 30 by Ebo

In the book 'Shakey' (Neil Young) Dylan and Young are touring together, alternating headling slots. There was a little friction between the 2, both trying to outshine one another in their headline slot. Even though they had been touring a while, they had never took to the stage together and played a song.

It's the last night of the tour, Young is headlining and in the pause before the encores, roadies bring out 2 acoustic guitars. The crowd gasp. Dylan and Young are going to play together. Young takes to the stage, no sign of Bob. Turns out Bob fu cked off home as soon as he finished playing :)

Kin ell. Got to laugh though cos I think Neil’s a bit up himself too.
People that like certain types of music on 12:17 - Mar 30 with 941 viewsEbo

People that like certain types of music on 12:09 - Mar 30 by airedale

Kin ell. Got to laugh though cos I think Neil’s a bit up himself too.

Indeed.

In his last book he was praising his wife Pegi. A few years after publication he buggered off with Daryl Hannah.

People that like certain types of music on 12:17 - Mar 30 with 939 viewsEbo

Dylan looking rough as here. Watch to the end :)
[Post edited 30 Mar 12:21]

People that like certain types of music on 12:21 - Mar 30 with 926 viewsThrasher6

Agree that the latest Dylan effort is pretty awful. But the man was a class act in his formative years. Always loved this from 1964. Newport Jazz Festival ..(that's Newport, Rhode Island)..he was breaking onto the scene...the guy had star quality in spades...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

People that like certain types of music on 12:22 - Mar 30 with 923 viewsNotLoyal

People that like certain types of music on 11:27 - Mar 30 by airedale

I’ve often wondered what a conversation between lee trundle and Ian Holloway would sound like.

Everyone thinks someone is a cûnt, even those who they don’t thinks are cûnts are cûnts to someone else.
Poll: Who would you rather be in charge of the country during these times?

People that like certain types of music on 12:25 - Mar 30 with 914 viewsCatullus

If I like it I just do, many different types of music/artiste have a place in my CD collection which is mostly compilation albums though there is no rap/grime or garage music.

I'm not a Dylan fan but there are one or two of his I like, there may be others I like but I can't name most of Bob's stuff, not even the more famous songs so I might have them on the radio and not know it's him.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

People that like certain types of music on 12:48 - Mar 30 with 879 viewsairedale

People that like certain types of music on 12:21 - Mar 30 by Thrasher6

Agree that the latest Dylan effort is pretty awful. But the man was a class act in his formative years. Always loved this from 1964. Newport Jazz Festival ..(that's Newport, Rhode Island)..he was breaking onto the scene...the guy had star quality in spades...

I often wonder how Pete Seeger viewed his own accomplishments after listening to Bobby.
People that like certain types of music on 12:56 - Mar 30 with 865 viewstaffpunk

People that like certain types of music on 11:42 - Mar 30 by Darran

I completely agree with you about Dylan, but do you mind not using a photo of myself from the late 70's. Cheers, Phil.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

People that like certain types of music on 13:06 - Mar 30 with 842 viewsDarran

People that like certain types of music on 12:56 - Mar 30 by taffpunk

I completely agree with you about Dylan, but do you mind not using a photo of myself from the late 70's. Cheers, Phil.

Sorry. 👀

People that like certain types of music on 13:54 - Mar 30 with 798 viewskarnataka

People that like certain types of music on 11:12 - Mar 30 by Darran

See what I mean?

Never been a big Dylan fan myself but I'm a huge Stevie van Zandt fan!! Voice of America and Freedom: No Compromise are 2 of my all time favourite albums!!
People that like certain types of music on 14:23 - Mar 30 with 777 viewsDarran

People that like certain types of music on 13:54 - Mar 30 by karnataka

Never been a big Dylan fan myself but I'm a huge Stevie van Zandt fan!! Voice of America and Freedom: No Compromise are 2 of my all time favourite albums!!

I saw SvZ in Bristol in November 2017. It was a superb gig.

People that like certain types of music on 14:29 - Mar 30 with 766 viewsJoe_bradshaw

People that like certain types of music on 13:54 - Mar 30 by karnataka

Great bloke is Stevie. Not a bad CV to have the E Street Band and the Sopranos as well as countless other things and his solo career.

Just imagine:

Van Zandt married actress Maureen Santoro in New York City on December 31, 1982. She later portrayed his wife in The Sopranos. Bruce Springsteen was the best man at the ceremony, which was presided over by Little Richard and featured Percy Sledge singing "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

People that like certain types of music on 15:06 - Mar 30 with 724 viewsLeonWasGod

What's wrong with his voice? Genuinely don't mean this to be disrespectful, but has he had stroke?

People that like certain types of music on 16:03 - Mar 30 with 672 viewsWxmJax

Dylan's a bit like Springsteen, a lot of his songs sound better when other people sing them.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

People that like certain types of music on 16:09 - Mar 30 with 657 viewsswan65split

Obviously dont know good music when you hear it Dar!!

Yep its a load of Vank.....listening too it I think his voice has gone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020