Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS 13:39 - Mar 31 with 14491 viewsBarrySwan

If ever those incompetent fools in the laughably titled Welsh Assembly Government have been exposed for the waste of spaces that they are then it is now.

I travelled up to the Heath hospital yesterday to get some urgent medication for a kidney patient in Penarth whose dialysis has been delayed, The medication was only available from the pharmacy there and had been picked up by the staff at the kidney treatment department who had no way of getting the medication to the person in need, the person in need contacted me after mentioning that they had no idea who to turn to or who to ring for help.

Upon speaking to the staff up the Heath when collecting the items I mentioned that surely what was needed was a couple of people in an office who held the contact details of all the volunteer organisations and individuals who were ready to help and had come forward in order that Doctors nurses and those in need could ring up explain the delivery requirement and that central office could contact the nearest local group or individual eager to help in order that medicines, emergency food supplies etc etc can be distributed and delivered.

They told me that they had been asking for such a facility for days now but had been ignored and also had not received any communication whatsoever in regards catering for such scenarios.

just look at the difference in the volunteering websites provided by the English NHS and the joke site highlighted by the Welsh government after being pressed as to why they had not followed the
English model

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Welsh joke site

https://volunteering-wales.net/vk/volunteers/registration.htm

This is just their general volunteering for beach cleaning, hedge cutting along country paths site with an uninformative pathetic unclear Covid-19 bit tacked on which basically tells you nothing and has provided nothing in the way of assistance to our medical professionals and their patients as my experience yesterday proves.

If ever there was a case for a return to a real UK national Health service and the scrapping of the shambolic money generating piggy bank for the Welsh AMs their families and political cronies that is the Welsh assembly then this is it.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 13:45]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:43 - Mar 31 with 5038 viewspencoedjack

Top post 100% agree
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:16 - Mar 31 with 4990 viewsNotLoyal

Yup.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:20 - Mar 31 with 4980 viewsWingstandwood

Aye, and to think some people want to give that lot in Cardiff Bay full power and complete independence to force-multiply their buffoonery and sabotage.

The relief road farce said it all for me i.e. ₤114 million spent on the planning/consultation process only for it to be cancelled and kicked into the long grass with a 'ongoing review'. I wonder how much this 'ongoing review' will cost to produce yet more hot air and zero end product?

Even the opposition seemed nonchalant/ Laissez-Faire about it all! They could not give two sh1ts just as long as their parallel universe, Cardiff bubble, 'third-sector' patronage and jobs-for-the-boys stuff doesn't take a hit.

Like I've said many times before the WAG is packed with a bunch of incompetent and backward village idiot yokels who'll ruin any possibility of a modern, dynamic, reactive, economically progressive Wales.

Argus!

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:41 - Mar 31 with 4932 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I must say the volunteer organisation where I am in England has been well run by the local council. I have full details including meds, pharmacies, doctor, next of kin etc for the people I am supporting together with a 24 help and advice line and a 24 hour medical emergency number to the local GP surgery. Everything arrived written down from my street coordinator 48 hours after I volunteered, my street coordinator rang me yesterday to check everything was okay and that I understood everything.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 14:41]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:52 - Mar 31 with 4901 viewsSwanjaxs

Wales started sending out letters to the most vulnerable in our country yesterday...

Exactly a week behind England.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 14:53]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:59 - Mar 31 with 4885 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:52 - Mar 31 by Swanjaxs

Wales started sending out letters to the most vulnerable in our country yesterday...

I received mine this morning.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:02 - Mar 31 with 4872 viewsBarrySwan

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:52 - Mar 31 by Swanjaxs

The other thing that is apparent is that the elderly or vulnerable who are supposed to be receiving these letters from local authorities in Wales have no idea if they are even on a list supplied to the various Local authorities.

Two, much in need residents registered with two different surgeries where I live have received nothing yet despite these letters supposedly starting to be sent out over the weekend and when I advised that they check with their GP surgeries that they were included on such lists supplied by the GPs to Welsh Government / Local authorities the answer was.

'We don't know anything about this we have had no communication from any official body, we suggest that you look up the NHS website for guidance'

So how does anyone even know if they are on such a list for the needy if they don't receive anything and surgeries are telling them that they don't know anything of such a scheme.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:02 - Mar 31 with 4868 viewsSwanjaxs

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:59 - Mar 31 by Joe_bradshaw

I received mine this morning.

Excellent Joe.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Login to get fewer ads

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:06 - Mar 31 with 4849 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:02 - Mar 31 by BarrySwan

The other thing that is apparent is that the elderly or vulnerable who are supposed to be receiving these letters from local authorities in Wales have no idea if they are even on a list supplied to the various Local authorities.

Two, much in need residents registered with two different surgeries where I live have received nothing yet despite these letters supposedly starting to be sent out over the weekend and when I advised that they check with their GP surgeries that they were included on such lists supplied by the GPs to Welsh Government / Local authorities the answer was.

'We don't know anything about this we have had no communication from any official body, we suggest that you look up the NHS website for guidance'

So how does anyone even know if they are on such a list for the needy if they don't receive anything and surgeries are telling them that they don't know anything of such a scheme.

I'm not sure how things work elsewhere, but in our scheme, managed by the local council, you can register people regardless of any official notification.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:09 - Mar 31 with 4845 viewssP7qupUf

I received mine yesterday. I received information by post from the renal pharmacy at Morriston ten days ago and it was followed by a text five days ago. It explained with great clarity how my appointment would be run. The renal team in Morriston is outstanding in every respect... doctors, nurses, pharmacists, health care support workers, clerical and reception staff etc. I found the same with the transplant and post operative care teams in the Heath. The problem lies with the idiots in the Bay.... Gethin and his predecessor.......um?... oh yes, Drakeford!! Indeed very department in the Assembly is a bloody shambles. As for Transport for Wales.... don't get me started!!
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:10 - Mar 31 with 4841 viewsJackSomething

Apologies to the OP, clicked the down vote arrow accidentally.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:16 - Mar 31 with 4817 viewsScotia

I completely agree.

The thought of this crisis being handled by Vaughan Gething and Mark Drakeford. In a system that has less intensive beds than amost anywhere else in Europe (including Spain and Italy) thanks to them is worrying.

The only reason we may not end up in the same state as those countries may be down to the measures put in place at Westminster. And I'm not convinced they've gone far enough early enough.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:16 - Mar 31 with 4817 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:02 - Mar 31 by Swanjaxs

Excellent Joe.

It’s a bit late to tell me now not to sleep in the same bed as my wife. It doesn’t mention anyone else’s wife mind...

To be fair both my consultant and my GP told me the score three weeks ago and the Welsh Government is just catching up.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:36 - Mar 31 with 4782 viewsSwanjaxs

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:16 - Mar 31 by Joe_bradshaw

It’s a bit late to tell me now not to sleep in the same bed as my wife. It doesn’t mention anyone else’s wife mind...

To be fair both my consultant and my GP told me the score three weeks ago and the Welsh Government is just catching up.

My wife has been self isolating me for the past 5 years Joe so it's a piece of cake for us ...

Good to see your consultant and GP are on the ball.

Another couple of weeks and i think we may start seeing a downward curve hopefully.

Take care YJB

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 16:56 - Mar 31 with 4702 viewsFireboy2

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:36 - Mar 31 by Swanjaxs

My wife has been self isolating me for the past 5 years Joe so it's a piece of cake for us ...

Good to see your consultant and GP are on the ball.

Another couple of weeks and i think we may start seeing a downward curve hopefully.

Take care YJB

Your first sentence made me p!ss myself laughing.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:10 - Mar 31 with 4686 viewsbuilthjack

Anyone been to Hereford hospital? Don't .

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:33 - Mar 31 with 4662 viewsSwanjaxs

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 16:56 - Mar 31 by Fireboy2

Your first sentence made me p!ss myself laughing.

That's ironic FB...

Its because i piss myself on a regular basis Mrs SJ started isolating me in the first place!!!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 19:16]

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:38 - Mar 31 with 4533 viewsPentyrchJack

I haven't seen much evidence of leadership from the FM and Cabinet since the pandemic hit us. In fact they are invisible.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:40 - Mar 31 with 4527 viewsDr_Winston

There's not many things run by the WAG that wouldn't benefit from being taken off them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 02:12 - Apr 1 with 4408 viewsJack59

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:38 - Mar 31 by PentyrchJack

I haven't seen much evidence of leadership from the FM and Cabinet since the pandemic hit us. In fact they are invisible.

There was a live broadcast by Drakeford partially covered on BBC news24 on Monday.
I say partially covered, because they deserted him after 5 or 6 minutes, and switched to the overtly ruthless and selfish Scottish First Minister Sturgeon. As much as I despise the woman, her presentation was so professional and light years ahead of Drakefords which was so ponderous. More and more power is going to the assembly, and the standard of the politicians is nosediving, it's frightening.
When this pandemic is finally gone, we need to put a similar effort into getting a referendum to get rid of this assembly, which has just not delivered anything like it should have for the people all over Wales.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 07:57 - Apr 1 with 4311 viewsKilkennyjack

Trump not convinced on the great job that Boris has done in England though ...

Beware of the Risen People

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 08:44 - Apr 1 with 4251 viewsBrynmill_Jack

As well as what the OP has stated the National Health Service needs much better and joined up IT. A consultant in John O Groats should be able to pull up a patients GP records from Briton Ferry if needed and be able to form a comprehensive diagnosis with all the relevant background information.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:07 - Apr 1 with 4236 viewsraynor94

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 07:57 - Apr 1 by Kilkennyjack

And he's doing such a great job! " Over by Easter" the sooner this farce of an assembly is scrapped the better.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:16 - Apr 1 with 4222 viewsDr_Winston

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 08:44 - Apr 1 by Brynmill_Jack

As well as what the OP has stated the National Health Service needs much better and joined up IT. A consultant in John O Groats should be able to pull up a patients GP records from Briton Ferry if needed and be able to form a comprehensive diagnosis with all the relevant background information.

For some reason every NHS IT system ends up as an expensive, worthless mess.

We've got at least two systems that I imagine could easily be adapted for their purposes. One of them contains significant amounts of personal data for anyone who has ever been issued with a National Insurance number, so that's tens of millions of people and it's quick and easy to use (also fully auditable so you can see who has been in whose records when they shouldn't be).

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:27 - Apr 1 with 4175 viewsScotia

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 07:57 - Apr 1 by Kilkennyjack

And he is talking about something we stopped doing as soon as it was clear it wasn't working. I'm willing to bet he'd rather be in Boris's position at the moment, especially with an election coming up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024