Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS 13:39 - Mar 31 with 14550 viewsBarrySwan

If ever those incompetent fools in the laughably titled Welsh Assembly Government have been exposed for the waste of spaces that they are then it is now.

I travelled up to the Heath hospital yesterday to get some urgent medication for a kidney patient in Penarth whose dialysis has been delayed, The medication was only available from the pharmacy there and had been picked up by the staff at the kidney treatment department who had no way of getting the medication to the person in need, the person in need contacted me after mentioning that they had no idea who to turn to or who to ring for help.

Upon speaking to the staff up the Heath when collecting the items I mentioned that surely what was needed was a couple of people in an office who held the contact details of all the volunteer organisations and individuals who were ready to help and had come forward in order that Doctors nurses and those in need could ring up explain the delivery requirement and that central office could contact the nearest local group or individual eager to help in order that medicines, emergency food supplies etc etc can be distributed and delivered.

They told me that they had been asking for such a facility for days now but had been ignored and also had not received any communication whatsoever in regards catering for such scenarios.

just look at the difference in the volunteering websites provided by the English NHS and the joke site highlighted by the Welsh government after being pressed as to why they had not followed the
English model

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Welsh joke site

https://volunteering-wales.net/vk/volunteers/registration.htm

This is just their general volunteering for beach cleaning, hedge cutting along country paths site with an uninformative pathetic unclear Covid-19 bit tacked on which basically tells you nothing and has provided nothing in the way of assistance to our medical professionals and their patients as my experience yesterday proves.

If ever there was a case for a return to a real UK national Health service and the scrapping of the shambolic money generating piggy bank for the Welsh AMs their families and political cronies that is the Welsh assembly then this is it.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 13:45]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 07:38 - Apr 4 with 1561 viewsladyjack

I hope the Welsh NHS have been able to replace the lost kit they were swizzed out of by our neighbours.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 08:38 - Apr 4 with 1549 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 06:57 - Apr 4 by ladyjack

Ireland was part of the country when they had the Irish holocaust.

It wasn’t . It was a COLONY.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 08:40 - Apr 4 with 1543 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 07:38 - Apr 4 by ladyjack

I hope the Welsh NHS have been able to replace the lost kit they were swizzed out of by our neighbours.

Perhaps we should send the Welsh army in. If independence is your goal then mark my words it will be a hundred times worse.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 08:42 - Apr 4 with 1539 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 23:02 - Apr 3 by Catullus

Hve you not noticed the discord across the EU? How arguments are springing up? Maybe after this is all over and we look back at the more accurate numbers we will see who handled this pandemic the best.

Lets wait and see.

Meanwhile THE United Kingdom whould be acting LIKE a United Kingdom.

I already tried pointing out the bleedin obvious. Don’t waste your time and effort

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:08 - Apr 4 with 1513 viewsladyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 08:38 - Apr 4 by Brynmill_Jack

No it was our country they sent mps to Westminster from all over Ireland because it was part of our sovereign state when millions of them died and emigrated during the famine they were part of our country.
The UK did not always treat it's citizens equally and there is no guarantee they would treat citizens from all areas equally in the future judged on past performance either.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:17 - Apr 4 with 1506 viewsFireboy2

No it wasnt.

After the act of the union in 1801 until 1922 ireland became part of the UK, making it the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:38 - Apr 4 with 1489 viewsKilkennyjack

It send Irish MPs to Westminster for over 200 years, from 1707.

So if you are correct, then on that basis ...Wales is also a Colony.

Beware of the Risen People

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:03 - Apr 4 with 1468 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 23:02 - Apr 3 by Catullus

Hve you not noticed the discord across the EU? How arguments are springing up? Maybe after this is all over and we look back at the more accurate numbers we will see who handled this pandemic the best.

Lets wait and see.

Meanwhile THE United Kingdom whould be acting LIKE a United Kingdom.

Trouble is the prep actions taken at UK level have been shockingly bad ...

Not enough testing
Not enough PPE kit
Not enough ventilators
Lockdown too late
All on top of a deliberately underfunded NHS

And the inevitable result is below ....

We do not have time to wait and see.

Login to get fewer ads

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:02 - Apr 4 with 1393 viewsJackSomething

As someone who is ambivalent about the Welsh Government and very doubtful on independence, it's noticeable that the pro and anti WG groups on here are as set in their views as people were on Brexit.

There are a group that will see nothing good about the Welsh Government and a group that can not admit they've ever done a poor job. As usual, the reality falls somewhere in the middle and these entrenched views are as tiresome as always.

It doesn't help the OP's argument that he can't even get the name of the body right though. It hasn't been called the Welsh Assembly Government since 2014.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:20 - Apr 4 with 1384 viewsBarrySwan

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:02 - Apr 4 by JackSomething

As someone who is ambivalent about the Welsh Government and very doubtful on independence, it's noticeable that the pro and anti WG groups on here are as set in their views as people were on Brexit.

There are a group that will see nothing good about the Welsh Government and a group that can not admit they've ever done a poor job. As usual, the reality falls somewhere in the middle and these entrenched views are as tiresome as always.

It doesn't help the OP's argument that he can't even get the name of the body right though. It hasn't been called the Welsh Assembly Government since 2014.

Which basically demonstrates my complete and utter contempt for the institution and I am well aware of what the nose bagging incompetent clowns call themselves in a vain attempt to bolster their own sense of self importance.

2014 of course also being the year that it was proposed that the half wits in the Bay of Pigs be given, and of course gratefully accepted an 18% pay increase whilst the rest of us were battening down the hatches under austerity measures.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 15:24]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:45 - Apr 4 with 1369 viewsCatullus

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:20 - Apr 4 by BarrySwan

Which basically demonstrates my complete and utter contempt for the institution and I am well aware of what the nose bagging incompetent clowns call themselves in a vain attempt to bolster their own sense of self importance.

2014 of course also being the year that it was proposed that the half wits in the Bay of Pigs be given, and of course gratefully accepted an 18% pay increase whilst the rest of us were battening down the hatches under austerity measures.

I can accept the Senedd has done some good things, free prescriptions, the plastic bag charge but to me it is outweighed by all the rubbish.

The pay rise you mentioned is only a part of it, I can't forget that they also want to increase their number by 30% and the millions that will cost when so much of Wales needs that money.
Nor can I forget that just recently they seem to have used this crisis to get seemingly unpopular policy through while we are looking the other way, votes for prisoners etc.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:39 - Apr 4 with 1316 viewsFlashberryjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:45 - Apr 4 by Catullus

I can accept the Senedd has done some good things, free prescriptions, the plastic bag charge but to me it is outweighed by all the rubbish.

The pay rise you mentioned is only a part of it, I can't forget that they also want to increase their number by 30% and the millions that will cost when so much of Wales needs that money.
Nor can I forget that just recently they seem to have used this crisis to get seemingly unpopular policy through while we are looking the other way, votes for prisoners etc.

Votes for f*cking prisoners ! the whole Welsh Assembly is an expensive joke and Drakeford is the biggest joker of all, closely followed by the sneering Kirsty Williams.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:28 - Apr 4 with 1258 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:45 - Apr 4 by Catullus

We could cancel Trident replacement and save £205 billion to spend on our wonderful NHS.

After all it cant help with CV-19, or any modern threat to the uk ?
And no PM will ever fire it.

Plenty of cash there for all the nations of the uk.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:51 - Apr 4 with 1245 viewsCatullus

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:28 - Apr 4 by Kilkennyjack

We could cancel Trident replacement and save £205 billion to spend on our wonderful NHS.

After all it cant help with CV-19, or any modern threat to the uk ?
And no PM will ever fire it.

Plenty of cash there for all the nations of the uk.

We agree on something, I'd cancel Trident. I reckon we can have a NATO nuclear deterrent where we all pay in a fixed amount. How many Nukes do we need, only enough to destroy the planet once surely?

There again, Wales would only get 1/16th of that 205 billion and possibly none of it if we went indy.

I wonder if that happened, where would the Senedd spend that what, 13 billion? Lets call it 10 billion if the NATO idea happened?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 11:02 - Apr 5 with 1185 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:51 - Apr 4 by Catullus

We agree on something, I'd cancel Trident. I reckon we can have a NATO nuclear deterrent where we all pay in a fixed amount. How many Nukes do we need, only enough to destroy the planet once surely?

There again, Wales would only get 1/16th of that 205 billion and possibly none of it if we went indy.

I wonder if that happened, where would the Senedd spend that what, 13 billion? Lets call it 10 billion if the NATO idea happened?

In an ever changing world, do we expect our enemies will always be our enemies and ditto our friends? No harm at all at keeping an independent deterrent.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 12:49 - Apr 5 with 1159 viewsDJack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 11:02 - Apr 5 by Brynmill_Jack

In an ever changing world, do we expect our enemies will always be our enemies and ditto our friends? No harm at all at keeping an independent deterrent.

Well done Brynnie, nail, head, hit.

During the Falklands war Belgium (member of NATO) refused to provide us with artillery shells. Recent times has seen Trump and his histionics coupled with America first. Alliances do not last forever. Tread gently but carry a big stick.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:05 - Apr 5 with 1133 viewsCatullus

Switzerland has managed very well without nukes, maybe we should be more like them including bringing back national service.

I see keeping nukes as a way to try and stay in the super power bracket and it doesn't matter to me if we aren't a superpower, it's more important we look after our own people's daily needs than worry about having a weapon we would probably never use and even if we did it'd be the equivalent of taking a leak in the Severn because, if we launched first or last it's still M.A.D.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:10 - Apr 5 with 1131 viewsDr_Winston

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 12:49 - Apr 5 by DJack

Well done Brynnie, nail, head, hit.

During the Falklands war Belgium (member of NATO) refused to provide us with artillery shells. Recent times has seen Trump and his histionics coupled with America first. Alliances do not last forever. Tread gently but carry a big stick.

Sharing our missiles with the USN leaves us open to that anyway.

The French developed their own system and perhaps we should too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:12 - Apr 5 with 1126 viewsDJack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:10 - Apr 5 by Dr_Winston

Sharing our missiles with the USN leaves us open to that anyway.

The French developed their own system and perhaps we should too.

Aye.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:14 - Apr 5 with 1084 viewsKilkennyjack

We cant afford it.

Nobody wants to attack the UK.

Nobody fecking invades Sweden, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal, and Norway. (Obviously Ireland is the exception that proves the rule).

Its a colossal waste of money.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:43 - Apr 6 with 1035 viewsJackSomething

Don't agree with the pay increase they gave themselves, but again you're not comparing them to the alternative of being ruled by Westminster. I take it MP's have an outstanding record of no shenanigans with their finances and have never ever voted for a pay rise for themselves?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:52 - Apr 6 with 1022 viewsraynor94

The money spent on Cardiff and the Bay, to the detriment of the rest of Wales.

End of debate.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 11:01 - Apr 6 with 1019 viewsladyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 12:22 - Apr 6 with 988 viewspencoedjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:52 - Apr 6 by raynor94

The money spent on Cardiff and the Bay, to the detriment of the rest of Wales.

End of debate.

This ^
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 12:52 - Apr 6 with 969 viewsHighjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:17 - Apr 4 by Fireboy2

No it wasnt.

After the act of the union in 1801 until 1922 ireland became part of the UK, making it the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Technically speaking England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland were united over a hundred years previously after King James of Scotland and Ireland took the English throne following the death of Lizzie.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024