Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football has shot itself in the foot 22:44 - Apr 2 with 1706 viewsraynor94

Premier league hang your head in shame, Tottenham leading the way, 6th richest club in the world, and they are using tax payers money to pay wages for non playing staff.

Sincerely hope fans remember the shocking behaviour of multi millionaires

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Football has shot itself in the foot on 23:18 - Apr 2 with 1665 viewsjamiewales

Piss take
Football has shot itself in the foot on 09:13 - Apr 3 with 1544 views3swan

I do hope what's happening now will be a wake up call in the future for all society. I doubt it very much.
Football at the higher levels has been a joke/obscene in the money paid to players and agents.
Sadly I think it will all be forgotten, and in general, life will return to how it was, fans will still attend the games with no thought of how their club and players have behaved.

Sad reflection and very very happy if my thoughts are proved wrong
Football has shot itself in the foot on 10:48 - Apr 3 with 1450 viewsmonmouth

Football has shot itself in the foot on 09:13 - Apr 3 by 3swan

I do hope what's happening now will be a wake up call in the future for all society. I doubt it very much.
Football at the higher levels has been a joke/obscene in the money paid to players and agents.
Sadly I think it will all be forgotten, and in general, life will return to how it was, fans will still attend the games with no thought of how their club and players have behaved.

Well I'm seriously thinking of jacking football in. I seem to have so much more time now I'm not obsessed with the annual cash gorged merry go round that is no sooner finished than it starts up again. Watching the obscene self importance is what is sickening me. (it's not just the pay....all people that can command audiences, advertising, or TV support get this sort of pay, that's the age we are in).

A totally trivial game...a diversion.. of no real importance, and they think they are at the centre of the universe. I'd like to see the whole edifice fall and crumble. It won't though. It will endure, and grow even more ghastly. And no doubt, I'll be back inthe south stand again and poring over all the results. There's no cure for stupidity. Unless I'm dead, obviously.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Football has shot itself in the foot on 11:02 - Apr 3 with 1434 views3swan

Football has shot itself in the foot on 10:48 - Apr 3 by monmouth

Well I'm seriously thinking of jacking football in. I seem to have so much more time now I'm not obsessed with the annual cash gorged merry go round that is no sooner finished than it starts up again. Watching the obscene self importance is what is sickening me. (it's not just the pay....all people that can command audiences, advertising, or TV support get this sort of pay, that's the age we are in).

A totally trivial game...a diversion.. of no real importance, and they think they are at the centre of the universe. I'd like to see the whole edifice fall and crumble. It won't though. It will endure, and grow even more ghastly. And no doubt, I'll be back inthe south stand again and poring over all the results. There's no cure for stupidity. Unless I'm dead, obviously.

You put my thoughts much better than I did. 😁
Football has shot itself in the foot on 11:16 - Apr 3 with 1417 viewsunion_jack

I thought I’d miss sport more than anything but it’s great not having any of it at the moment.

It really has shown how trivial and almost meaningless it really is.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Football has shot itself in the foot on 11:21 - Apr 3 with 1407 viewsOldjack

I've no renewed my season ticket ,and I very much doubt I will even if we get back to the WHOSE GOT THE MOST MONEY LEAUGE

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Football has shot itself in the foot on 13:10 - Apr 3 with 1347 viewssplJack

Football has shot itself in the foot on 09:13 - Apr 3 by 3swan

I don't think it will be forgotten. I think most fans will remember how the club's handle themselves during this time and if they are seen as greedy and out of touch, as they are at the moment, I think it will stick.

Could be a bit of a watershed.
Football has shot itself in the foot on 13:28 - Apr 3 with 1314 viewsPhil_S

I think after all of this there will be many businesses that are shyed away from by customers for the way they have treated their staff and the way they have approached the whole crisis.

Football clubs I am sure will be one of them but other companies - largely run by multi multi millionaires have gained little credit, a lot of bad publicity through bad decisions and I am not sure people will forget very easily

Meanwhile a lot of smaller businesses who are doing the best that they can will I think be remembered - on our village alone we are so grateful to the local shop who have everything, make sure those that need it have it and are generally doing a good job I think will see their business levels stay high at the end of all of this as a result.

Football was in danger of self imploding for many times, I think through this crisis they may actually achieve it.

Although of course there is a massive dollop of irony of the government calling them out at a time to deflect criticism away from their testing record. And ignoring the fact that many of their donations come from companies with good track record of avoiding taxes and the like.
Login to get fewer ads

Football has shot itself in the foot on 13:42 - Apr 3 with 1296 viewsHighjack

Football has shot itself in the foot on 11:21 - Apr 3 by Oldjack

I've no renewed my season ticket ,and I very much doubt I will even if we get back to the WHOSE GOT THE MOST MONEY LEAUGE

I haven’t renewed either yet. Why fork out £400+ for something that as things stand probably won’t happen. They still owe us for a number of games for this season that in all likelihood will be at the very least played behind closed doors.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Football has shot itself in the foot on 15:56 - Apr 3 with 1224 viewsjojaca

Football has shot itself in the foot on 13:42 - Apr 3 by Highjack

I haven’t renewed either yet. Why fork out £400+ for something that as things stand probably won’t happen. They still owe us for a number of games for this season that in all likelihood will be at the very least played behind closed doors.

Do you reckon season tickets holders will get mini refund if season gets cancelled.

Even when you know, you never know?

Football has shot itself in the foot on 16:09 - Apr 3 with 1213 viewsPegojack

A windfall tax has been suggested, which I think bears looking into further.
Mr Starmer, are you watching? Could be a good campaign to start your tenure off with.
However, let's not penalise the football industry alone. How about companies who make massive profits in the UK (Google, Amazon, etc, etc) - but pay no or minimal tax by exporting their profits to friendlier tax regimes?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 16:35]
Football has shot itself in the foot on 16:30 - Apr 3 with 1181 viewsLuther27

I’ve had disagreements with some of your views in the past but I cannot agree more with this great post. Your argument is very well put regarding the cloud these greedy self centred individuals live in. Their overblown egos have been exposed along with their avarice. The real heroes are the people who are putting their lives on the line for the benefit of others, not some little git with a stupid haircut who can kick a ball around a park.
My only regret is I’ve already paid for two season tickets. If I’m offered a refund I’m taking it. Sport is unimportant to me after this horrendous pandemic.
Football has shot itself in the foot on 17:22 - Apr 3 with 1144 viewsmonmouth

Football has shot itself in the foot on 16:09 - Apr 3 by Pegojack

A windfall tax has been suggested, which I think bears looking into further.
Mr Starmer, are you watching? Could be a good campaign to start your tenure off with.
However, let's not penalise the football industry alone. How about companies who make massive profits in the UK (Google, Amazon, etc, etc) - but pay no or minimal tax by exporting their profits to friendlier tax regimes?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 16:35]

And Phil Collins

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Football has shot itself in the foot on 18:19 - Apr 3 with 1075 viewsPegojack

Football has shot itself in the foot on 17:22 - Apr 3 by monmouth

And Phil Collins

I think that's Against All Odds, Monny.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024