Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safest place to shop. 21:49 - Apr 3 with 4886 viewsJack123

Must admit, last few days I have been out picking up a few things, and so far for me Tesco are pretty good, so I will be going there again when i run out.

On the bottom of the scale for me is Lidls, went there and it'a like they are making a token gesture towards keeping customers safe, I mean FU*K they have you queuing on the aisles, so basically you are standing there, with all the 2 metre separation, and along come the customers, and their face says it all, it's like hands up, I know I'm not supposed to come near you, but how the ferk can I do my shop otherwise. They grab their crisps, biscuits red faced and carry on, not their fault, rubbish planning by Lidl, oh yeah and just 2 on the tills and the queue stretching back 15 people long.. wa*kas.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 21:50]

libera nos a malo

Safest place to shop. on 20:16 - Apr 4 with 935 viewsThebus

Safest place to shop. on 19:44 - Apr 4 by theloneranger

Still reading the "Daily Stoic" ...?? 😎

Ryan Holiday, very impressive guy.
Safest place to shop. on 20:17 - Apr 4 with 925 viewsThebus

Safest place to shop. on 19:49 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

Thebus still refuses to confirm his age.

If I remember to die does that mean you will also remember?

It could be sooner than later.....for us both DGT

Remember to die ? Are you drunk 🥴
Safest place to shop. on 22:09 - Apr 4 with 867 viewsdickythorpe

Safest place to shop. on 20:17 - Apr 4 by Thebus

Remember to die ? Are you drunk 🥴

"Memento Mori" you posted it, now promise you will remember if I remember.

There's a good boy. DGT
Safest place to shop. on 11:12 - Apr 5 with 779 viewsairedale

I went to Sainsbury’s yesterday with my Mrs, and when we got ahead in the queue there was a sign saying ‘only one adult per household’. Now I’m the first to admit I’m not the sharpest tool in the box but I can’t understand why. Can someone enlighten me?
Safest place to shop. on 11:24 - Apr 5 with 771 viewsjasper_T

Safest place to shop. on 11:12 - Apr 5 by airedale

I went to Sainsbury’s yesterday with my Mrs, and when we got ahead in the queue there was a sign saying ‘only one adult per household’. Now I’m the first to admit I’m not the sharpest tool in the box but I can’t understand why. Can someone enlighten me?

They want as few people through the door as possible so having two people do the shop for one household is unnecessary traffic.

Sometimes the kids can't be left alone so need to tag along, but adults can be trusted to have some time alone (you would think).
Safest place to shop. on 11:30 - Apr 5 with 765 viewsNotLoyal

Safest place to shop. on 11:24 - Apr 5 by jasper_T

They want as few people through the door as possible so having two people do the shop for one household is unnecessary traffic.

Sometimes the kids can't be left alone so need to tag along, but adults can be trusted to have some time alone (you would think).

Give them an inch etc ...
That's the problem.
There are still idiots out on short breaks heading towards the coast even today.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Safest place to shop. on 11:59 - Apr 5 with 745 viewsexiledclaseboy

Safest place to shop. on 11:12 - Apr 5 by airedale

Isn’t it obvious?

Poll: Tory leader

Safest place to shop. on 12:59 - Apr 5 with 720 viewsairedale

Safest place to shop. on 11:59 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

Isn’t it obvious?

Yes, I can take in 6 13yr olds with me but not my Mrs.

Or 6 15yr olds, or, technically, 6 17yr olds.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 13:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Safest place to shop. on 13:11 - Apr 5 with 707 viewsDJack

Safest place to shop. on 12:59 - Apr 5 by airedale

Or pretend that you are an adult, leave the kids with the wife and shop on your own to reduce the chances of the spreading of CV.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Safest place to shop. on 13:18 - Apr 5 with 706 viewsairedale

Safest place to shop. on 13:11 - Apr 5 by DJack

Or pretend that you are an adult, leave the kids with the wife and shop on your own to reduce the chances of the spreading of CV.

Right. I’ll leave her indoors then. She gets under my feet anyway. And she winds me up when she puts toiletries in my buggy.

I can’t understand why she’s not content with a bar of coal tar like I use.
Safest place to shop. on 13:22 - Apr 5 with 703 viewsDJack

Safest place to shop. on 13:18 - Apr 5 by airedale

Right. I’ll leave her indoors then. She gets under my feet anyway. And she winds me up when she puts toiletries in my buggy.

I can’t understand why she’s not content with a bar of coal tar like I use.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Safest place to shop. on 14:44 - Apr 5 with 667 viewsdickythorpe

Safest place to shop. on 11:59 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

Isn’t it obvious?

Airedale, it's all about keeping the bare minimum exposed to the potential of catching this virus.

Educate yourself, watch other news from around the world.
Listen to what measures and theories are in practice /in place.

You shouldn't really have had to ask that.

But there's no stupid questions at this time.

Be safe and I really mean that
Safest place to shop. on 14:53 - Apr 5 with 659 viewsraynor94

Safest place to shop. on 12:59 - Apr 5 by airedale

I find it hard to believe you are being serious

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Safest place to shop. on 16:04 - Apr 5 with 646 viewsdickythorpe

You are a greater risk to others when you go out in pairs.
Safest place to shop. on 16:10 - Apr 5 with 638 viewsThebus

Safest place to shop. on 16:04 - Apr 5 by dickythorpe

You are a greater risk to others when you go out in pairs.

Safest place to shop. on 18:00 - Apr 5 with 610 viewsdickythorpe

Safest place to shop. on 16:10 - Apr 5 by Thebus

Oh just grow up will you.

Are you laughing at this current situation?

Educate yourself instead of trying to derail the more popular posters on here.

Grow the fúck up and stay safe. I unbelievably wouldn't want you to even pick this virus up.

Ok. Stay safe and play nice.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 18:02]
Safest place to shop. on 18:14 - Apr 5 with 594 viewsCooperman

Safest place to shop. on 18:00 - Apr 5 by dickythorpe

Oh just grow up will you.

Are you laughing at this current situation?

Educate yourself instead of trying to derail the more popular posters on here.

Grow the fúck up and stay safe. I unbelievably wouldn't want you to even pick this virus up.

Ok. Stay safe and play nice.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 18:02]

Don't waste your time. He thinks anyone without an underlying condition can just carry on as normal.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Safest place to shop. on 18:19 - Apr 5 with 585 viewsCooperman

Back on topic - I had to do a food shop yesterday and took one look at the queues outside Tesco and ASDA and instantly knocked it on the head in favour of the local village Co-Op which had two cars in the car park, had a staff member controlling volume of foot fall and was pretty much stocked with everything that we needed. My neighbour said the same about the other small general store in the village.

Safest place to shop. on 18:34 - Apr 5 with 574 viewsgadgetuk

Went to our local aldi yesterday, first time I haven't had to queue tui get into the car park, gho it my trolley and spent t about 20 minutes queuing outside. Generally people were respecting the social distancing idea with the odd exception. I've noticed generally people are being more considerate if each other. Plenty of stock including pasta, toilet rolls etc.
Staff also said that things have improved so much recently.
Safest place to shop. on 18:34 - Apr 5 with 574 viewsraynor94

Safest place to shop. on 18:19 - Apr 5 by Cooperman

Back on topic - I had to do a food shop yesterday and took one look at the queues outside Tesco and ASDA and instantly knocked it on the head in favour of the local village Co-Op which had two cars in the car park, had a staff member controlling volume of foot fall and was pretty much stocked with everything that we needed. My neighbour said the same about the other small general store in the village.

Haven't used a large supermarket for 3 weeks, the local Londis in Mount Pleasant has stepped up to the plate.

Everything you need there, and if they haven't got it, they will have it the following day, and even deliver to those who can't get out.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Safest place to shop. on 18:52 - Apr 5 with 548 viewsCooperman

Safest place to shop. on 18:34 - Apr 5 by raynor94

Haven't used a large supermarket for 3 weeks, the local Londis in Mount Pleasant has stepped up to the plate.

Everything you need there, and if they haven't got it, they will have it the following day, and even deliver to those who can't get out.

Good for the local community in more ways than one.

Safest place to shop. on 18:58 - Apr 5 with 543 viewsWingstandwood

U.S Surgeon General's Dr Jerome Adams advice/tutorial to make your own face-mask video.

Argus!

Safest place to shop. on 19:20 - Apr 5 with 528 viewsThebus

Safest place to shop. on 18:14 - Apr 5 by Cooperman

Don't waste your time. He thinks anyone without an underlying condition can just carry on as normal.

More or less, yes that’s what I believe.
The person who speaks more sense on this subject than anyone else is Professor Graham Medley, and what he has to say on the subject I totally agree with.

What people need to realise is when this lockdown is over the rate of infection is going to go north once again ( unless you want to continue the lockdown for 12-18 months so they can develop a vaccine) so it’s time to weigh up the cost of continuing the lockdown and all the suffering that will bring and in Professor Medley’s mind, that cost is greater than finishing the lockdown, and going down the herd immunity road ( still shielding the elderly & vulnerable).
Safest place to shop. on 19:43 - Apr 5 with 501 viewsexiledclaseboy

Safest place to shop. on 19:20 - Apr 5 by Thebus

More or less, yes that’s what I believe.
The person who speaks more sense on this subject than anyone else is Professor Graham Medley, and what he has to say on the subject I totally agree with.

What people need to realise is when this lockdown is over the rate of infection is going to go north once again ( unless you want to continue the lockdown for 12-18 months so they can develop a vaccine) so it’s time to weigh up the cost of continuing the lockdown and all the suffering that will bring and in Professor Medley’s mind, that cost is greater than finishing the lockdown, and going down the herd immunity road ( still shielding the elderly & vulnerable).

You’ve moved on from the other professor you’ve been endlessly quoting all week then.

Poll: Tory leader

Safest place to shop. on 19:55 - Apr 5 with 483 viewsThebus

Safest place to shop. on 19:43 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

You’ve moved on from the other professor you’ve been endlessly quoting all week then.

Not really. I’ve quoted Ferguson a fair few times, but even he now seems to be moving in the direction of herd immunity.

There is no easy way out of this crisis and continuing the lockdown into the summer will have a devastating effect not just on the economy (which would be huge) also on lots of other issues, and now it seems that some of the scientists advising the government seem to think that the status quo is not sustainable and will cause more suffering, which I agree with.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 19:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024