Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. 10:56 - Apr 4 with 3180 viewsladyjack

It will be difficult for lots of workplaces to adhere to this rule but the law is the law.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:53 - Apr 4 with 608 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:41 - Apr 4 by Catullus

An office is an office? You're just being silly now.

I told my wife what you said and she laughed, she says come and do it then.

Like I said, we'll see what happens now this law is passed.

I am generalising yes.

I would expect her to laugh, most people do, especially when you tell them we are moving you out of your cosy office which you have become comfortable and accustomed to. Either that or they have a little strop.

What do you mean, like you said? You've said a lot of things, and also ignored a lot that I put to you.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 22:01 - Apr 4 with 594 viewsraynor94

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:41 - Apr 4 by Catullus

An office is an office? You're just being silly now.

I told my wife what you said and she laughed, she says come and do it then.

Like I said, we'll see what happens now this law is passed.

How do you differentiate between offices? Is it that difficult for her to move, or even work from home

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 22:55 - Apr 4 with 562 viewschad

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:29 - Apr 4 by DJack

Yet you fail to mention the current cabinet who have a few cases active...nice agenda there.

But has anyone who contracts it necessarily broken the rules?

It seems to be beginning to be accepted now that the 2 metre rule (even that, repeatedly broken in supermarkets) is more of a case cutting exercise than an absolute protection...

At a briefing by the White House's coronavirus task force on Tuesday, a reporter asked Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, about the potential for the coronavirus to travel 27 feet.

"This can really be terribly misleading," said Fauci, who then reared his head back and mimicked making an enormous sneeze. "If you go way back and go, 'Achoo!' And go like that, you might get 27 feet. So when you see somebody do that, get out of the way."

[Amusing they are beginning to get the range of a sneeze now, but not it’s velocity.]

Fauci went on to say he was "disturbed" by headlines about the virus traveling such distances "because that's misleading. That means that, all of a sudden, the 6-foot thing doesn't work."

BINGO
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 22:59 - Apr 4 with 556 viewsdickythorpe

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:01 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

I don't need to go into her office, an office is an office. If the hospital wanted to ensure that the admin staff stay a safe distance away from each other, they could do it easily enough. There are currently thousands of new bed spaces being created in empty factories, sports halls and gymnasiums. You think that a couple of offices couldn't be sorted out in a couple of days?

Where do you get more space from to expand what already was a small office housing 4 people?

Please come to my workplace and show us all
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 23:00 - Apr 4 with 555 viewsBarrySwan

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:29 - Apr 4 by DJack

Yet you fail to mention the current cabinet who have a few cases active...nice agenda there.

I have little or no time for the Conservative cabinet but it must be fairly obvious even to you that they will be unavoidably mixing with people as they try to make decisions and take advice from medical advisers that will affect the spread and treatment of the virus.

As opposed to an old fool who has no role to play other than one of staying in his house as he's been told to do.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 0:51]
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 23:09 - Apr 4 with 541 viewsDJack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 23:00 - Apr 4 by BarrySwan

I have little or no time for the Conservative cabinet but it must be fairly obvious even to you that they will be unavoidably mixing with people as they try to make decisions and take advice from medical advisers that will affect the spread and treatment of the virus.

As opposed to an old fool who has no role to play other than one of staying in his house as he's been told to do.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 0:51]

A couple of points

"but it must be fairly obvious even to you" - well done cúntybollúcks.

Yep they were having meetings... and obviously didn't exercise social distancing and hygiene. You know, the advice from their advisors, the same advise that they were preaching BEFORE they got ill.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 23:48 - Apr 4 with 524 viewsBarrySwan

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 23:09 - Apr 4 by DJack

A couple of points

"but it must be fairly obvious even to you" - well done cúntybollúcks.

Yep they were having meetings... and obviously didn't exercise social distancing and hygiene. You know, the advice from their advisors, the same advise that they were preaching BEFORE they got ill.

Language Timothy....... nobody likes a Mr Potty mouth do they?

Now don't get uppity with me when the old fool leaves such a legacy that the new leader of his party feels that he has to declare that he will have to "tear out the poison roots and stain of antisemitism of the Labour Party"

Not my words of course but those of St Kier of Starmer the new big hope of the mad lefties.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8187181/Keir-Starmer-vows-stamp-anti-Se

If that's the assessment of the new leader of the party then every labour member, representative or supporter should be hanging their heads in shame in regards to their association with such a disgusting organisation.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 0:50]
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 23:54 - Apr 4 with 516 viewsDJack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 23:48 - Apr 4 by BarrySwan

Language Timothy....... nobody likes a Mr Potty mouth do they?

Now don't get uppity with me when the old fool leaves such a legacy that the new leader of his party feels that he has to declare that he will have to "tear out the poison roots and stain of antisemitism of the Labour Party"

Not my words of course but those of St Kier of Starmer the new big hope of the mad lefties.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8187181/Keir-Starmer-vows-stamp-anti-Se

If that's the assessment of the new leader of the party then every labour member, representative or supporter should be hanging their heads in shame in regards to their association with such a disgusting organisation.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 0:50]

A couple of more points

The previously quoted snidey remark was the genesis for my language...you got what you deserved.

I suspect that you think I like Magic Grandpa, I really don't, look at my post history in regard to him...Ooops!

I notice that you did not address my point about the cabinet not following the rules that they were preaching.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 23:58 - Apr 4 with 508 viewsmajorraglan

If stories like this are true, I can understand why Drakeford is introducing the law.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52168601
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 00:01 - Apr 5 with 505 viewsBarrySwan

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 23:54 - Apr 4 by DJack

A couple of more points

The previously quoted snidey remark was the genesis for my language...you got what you deserved.

I suspect that you think I like Magic Grandpa, I really don't, look at my post history in regard to him...Ooops!

I notice that you did not address my point about the cabinet not following the rules that they were preaching.

I don't have to answer for anybody.

But if you'd like me to contact Boris Johnson and his associates to admonish them on your behalf I'm prepared to hunt out a contact number and give them a right telling off.

Just let me know and I'll get cracking.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 0:04]
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 00:04 - Apr 5 with 500 viewsDJack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 00:01 - Apr 5 by BarrySwan

I don't have to answer for anybody.

But if you'd like me to contact Boris Johnson and his associates to admonish them on your behalf I'm prepared to hunt out a contact number and give them a right telling off.

Just let me know and I'll get cracking.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 0:04]

Your constituents must love your attitude. You spout an agenda, get called up over the hypocrisy, you try deflection and when challenged again you sulk, pick up the ball and stomp home.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 01:09 - Apr 5 with 474 viewsBarrySwan

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 00:04 - Apr 5 by DJack

Your constituents must love your attitude. You spout an agenda, get called up over the hypocrisy, you try deflection and when challenged again you sulk, pick up the ball and stomp home.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

I'm at a little bit of a loss here over what you exactly you actually want.

You appear to be incensed at the actions of a Mr B Johnson and several of his colleagues in getting infected by a virus and then want others such as myself who have no knowledge of their actions which may have led to their contraction of he virus to condemn them on your behalf.

Is there something wrong with you?

On the other hand I have highlighted the irresponsible actions of a 70 year old irrelevant politician as highlighted by many media reports who has no government role and who refuses to comply with the request of the chief medical officers of the land to self isolate like the rest of us in order to help prevent the spread of the virus.

If we all adopted the same irresponsible course of action then there would clearly be no point in any of us staying inside would there?

If you don't like or aren't able to handle the rough and tumble of discourse on a football website then may I suggest an undignified retirement from such mediums?

In the meantime if you wish to whine about Mr Johnson and Co do so, as I have done about Corbyn but stop insisting that others parrot your view.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 01:18 - Apr 5 with 471 viewslonglostjack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 01:09 - Apr 5 by BarrySwan

You appear to be incensed at the actions of a Mr B Johnson and several of his colleagues in getting infected by a virus and then want others such as myself who have no knowledge of their actions which may have led to their contraction of he virus to condemn them on your behalf.

On the other hand I have highlighted the irresponsible actions of a 70 year old irrelevant politician as highlighted by many media reports who has no government role and who refuses to comply with the request of the chief medical officers of the land to self isolate like the rest of us in order to help prevent the spread of the virus.

If we all adopted the same irresponsible course of action then there would clearly be no point in any of us staying inside would there?

If you don't like or aren't able to handle the rough and tumble of discourse on a football website then may I suggest an undignified retirement from such mediums?

In the meantime if you wish to whine about Mr Johnson and Co do so, as I have done about Corbyn but stop insisting that others parrot your view.

Sir Keir Starmer QC is coming for you Tories. Be afraid. 🤣🤣😂😂

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 02:28 - Apr 5 with 450 viewsDJack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 01:09 - Apr 5 by BarrySwan

OK then, for clarity. The post you are replying to was made in reply to a post you made then edited.

Now we will run through the thread.

You poted a pointless thread admonishing Magic Grandpa then I posted the hypocrisy/agenda of this was evient and that you were silent on the cabinet. Your reply to that was to double down - with the addition of a snide remark aimed at me.

I pointed out to you that they were not following their own advice (and therefore possibly even more guilty than Corbyn). You then tried diversion to further double down when you posted about anti semitism and Starmer promising to root it out - FCKALL TO DO WITH COVID!

I then pointed out your that I am not a JC fan and that you had avoided my point on the inept cabinet and their lack of social distancing. Then more blather from you and further avoidance of addressing the cabinet infection point - as it highlights your hypocrisy.

And to round this off lets move on to your latest post...

I don't actually WANT anything, except that I was unhappy with what was a pointless agenda/ideological driven shitpost.

I am not incensed by our inept cabinet they were referenced to highlight your pointless agenda/ideological driven shitpost.

I feel no need to see a GP or shrink so I will assume there is nothing, particularly wrong with me.

The stuff on "a 70 year old irrelevant politician as highlighted by many media reports " is fine if part of a drive to highlight stupidity or failing to carryout the measures necessary to protect the nation...but you, not surprisingly failed to mention your conservative bretheren.

I've no issues with your comment on irresponsible course of action.

As to the rough and tumble of discourse on a football website.- Since I first posted on the former board, I've maintained a steady presence with many a clash with other posters and all this with the one, unashamed, username. You, however, ...StAthanIdiot/AlwaysRight/ Barryswan and maybe a few other names have pissed off many a time and slunk back under a new username - did Cudey hand you your arse that often?

As already stated, my point on Johnson and co was highlighting your shitpost hypocrisy.

I've wasted WAY to much of my (and your) time this evening on your pointless post, so I will engae you on the topic no further. Good night.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 08:17 - Apr 5 with 386 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 22:59 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

Where do you get more space from to expand what already was a small office housing 4 people?

Please come to my workplace and show us all

I already gave a quick fix, easy solution to this earlier in the thread.

I don't need to come to the workplace.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 08:53 - Apr 5 with 368 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 23:58 - Apr 4 by majorraglan

If stories like this are true, I can understand why Drakeford is introducing the law.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52168601

This is exactly why we need a whistle blower hotline for employees to report employers flouting the new law. The new law must include the power to close businesses instantly. If a business cant meet new guidelines it should not be open, no excuses.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:03 - Apr 5 with 311 viewsBarrySwan

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 02:28 - Apr 5 by DJack

OK then, for clarity. The post you are replying to was made in reply to a post you made then edited.

Now we will run through the thread.

You poted a pointless thread admonishing Magic Grandpa then I posted the hypocrisy/agenda of this was evient and that you were silent on the cabinet. Your reply to that was to double down - with the addition of a snide remark aimed at me.

I pointed out to you that they were not following their own advice (and therefore possibly even more guilty than Corbyn). You then tried diversion to further double down when you posted about anti semitism and Starmer promising to root it out - FCKALL TO DO WITH COVID!

I then pointed out your that I am not a JC fan and that you had avoided my point on the inept cabinet and their lack of social distancing. Then more blather from you and further avoidance of addressing the cabinet infection point - as it highlights your hypocrisy.

And to round this off lets move on to your latest post...

I don't actually WANT anything, except that I was unhappy with what was a pointless agenda/ideological driven shitpost.

I am not incensed by our inept cabinet they were referenced to highlight your pointless agenda/ideological driven shitpost.

I feel no need to see a GP or shrink so I will assume there is nothing, particularly wrong with me.

The stuff on "a 70 year old irrelevant politician as highlighted by many media reports " is fine if part of a drive to highlight stupidity or failing to carryout the measures necessary to protect the nation...but you, not surprisingly failed to mention your conservative bretheren.

I've no issues with your comment on irresponsible course of action.

As to the rough and tumble of discourse on a football website.- Since I first posted on the former board, I've maintained a steady presence with many a clash with other posters and all this with the one, unashamed, username. You, however, ...StAthanIdiot/AlwaysRight/ Barryswan and maybe a few other names have pissed off many a time and slunk back under a new username - did Cudey hand you your arse that often?

As already stated, my point on Johnson and co was highlighting your shitpost hypocrisy.

I've wasted WAY to much of my (and your) time this evening on your pointless post, so I will engae you on the topic no further. Good night.

Just edited and removed my reply to Mr Potty Mouth

I just can't be bothered
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 12:08]
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:06 - Apr 5 with 304 viewsexiledclaseboy

After three pages I’m still struggling to work out why some think this is a bad law in the current circumstances.

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:08 - Apr 5 with 299 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 22:01 - Apr 4 by raynor94

How do you differentiate between offices? Is it that difficult for her to move, or even work from home

She can't work from home, officially. She's been told that by her manager.

It's not difficult for her to move but where to? All the other admin offices are staffed and it's about the 2 metre gap.
In her office there are 18 people, it's not a big area and they are putting another 8 people in there, they're already a bit squashed, people will have to share desks because there's no room for any more.
So it's not about differentiating, it's about the space available and the ability to keep people 2 metres apart. Obviously there are offices where there is the space but when you'd need to move staff out into other areas you need areas they can move to and still keep the 2 metre gap.

NJ, what you said about the bin men, ok give them more vehicles but if everybody is trying to source more vehicles then again there is a finite number available so they would probably end up using their own cars which brings the questions of added costs and insurances. It means changing more rules.

There is a massive knock on effect to this law, so much has to happen.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:17 - Apr 5 with 280 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:08 - Apr 5 by Catullus

She can't work from home, officially. She's been told that by her manager.

It's not difficult for her to move but where to? All the other admin offices are staffed and it's about the 2 metre gap.
In her office there are 18 people, it's not a big area and they are putting another 8 people in there, they're already a bit squashed, people will have to share desks because there's no room for any more.
So it's not about differentiating, it's about the space available and the ability to keep people 2 metres apart. Obviously there are offices where there is the space but when you'd need to move staff out into other areas you need areas they can move to and still keep the 2 metre gap.

NJ, what you said about the bin men, ok give them more vehicles but if everybody is trying to source more vehicles then again there is a finite number available so they would probably end up using their own cars which brings the questions of added costs and insurances. It means changing more rules.

There is a massive knock on effect to this law, so much has to happen.

So lets do nothing about it then.

But make sure you go onto a football forum to moan about people walking too close to you when you go for a walk. Because briefly walking past someone too closely is way more hazardous than 18 people crammed into a little room for 8 plus hours every day.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

If the NHS were serious about keeping their admin staff safe, they could do it. No if's or but's.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:22 - Apr 5 with 273 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 08:17 - Apr 5 by Neath_Jack

I already gave a quick fix, easy solution to this earlier in the thread.

I don't need to come to the workplace.

No you didn't. How you can claim that every office can comply with this law easily is just nonsense.
You sound like an old manager of mine who said anybody who didn't have a can do atitude was just being obstructive and if we alll wanted to do it, it could be done.

Take a box of 6 eggs, is it obstructive to say you can't rearrange that box so the eggs are further apart, then think of an office in the same terms, a finite amount of space with so many workers in it, when you move the first one 2 metres away they get closer to the next one until the knock on effect leaves people's desks out in the car park.

You'd need 8 square metres for 4 staff to be 2 metres apart, the layout and dimensions of the office matter and not all offices are the same size and shape.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:24 - Apr 5 with 270 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why can’t NHS admin staff work from home?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:26 - Apr 5 with 269 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:06 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

After three pages I’m still struggling to work out why some think this is a bad law in the current circumstances.

Apart from the fact that it was made by the Welsh assembly of course. Which for most is good enough reason to hate it.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 266 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:22 - Apr 5 by Catullus

No you didn't. How you can claim that every office can comply with this law easily is just nonsense.
You sound like an old manager of mine who said anybody who didn't have a can do atitude was just being obstructive and if we alll wanted to do it, it could be done.

Take a box of 6 eggs, is it obstructive to say you can't rearrange that box so the eggs are further apart, then think of an office in the same terms, a finite amount of space with so many workers in it, when you move the first one 2 metres away they get closer to the next one until the knock on effect leaves people's desks out in the car park.

You'd need 8 square metres for 4 staff to be 2 metres apart, the layout and dimensions of the office matter and not all offices are the same size and shape.

And you sound like numerous people i come into contact with every single day. Can't do it, fold your arms and stick your bottom lip out.

Look, we will agree to disagree.

You've made your mind up that an admin office is beyond any mitigation measures. Enjoy your Sunday butty.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:29 - Apr 5 with 264 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:26 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

Apart from the fact that it was made by the Welsh assembly of course. Which for most is good enough reason to hate it.

Drakeford, Drakeford, Drakeford.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024