Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. 10:56 - Apr 4 with 3186 viewsladyjack

It will be difficult for lots of workplaces to adhere to this rule but the law is the law.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:52 - Apr 4 with 735 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 10:59 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

Who's going to enforce it?

What are the punishments?

Some workplaces are down to skeleton staff due to sickness and furlough measures.

What boss is going to sack or suspend a member of staff at this time?

Many businesses that are open to the public have no PPE for their staff.....what is the law for what front line workers should be wearing?

Knee jerk reaction.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 11:01]

How can this possibly be enforced? Lets start close to home, my wife's office in the hospital, they can't enforce the 2 metre rule there because there is no room. What do they do, send staff home?
Then go to Royal Mail, they need to source new premises because they'll need at least 50% more space for the delivery offices and where are those suitable buildings?
Supermarkets, do they move ailses so they are wide enough for shelf stackers to be 2 metres apart and move the tills at least 2 metres apart...then put up screens that will actually work because what I have seen so far offers them very little protection...

What about the bin men in their trucks, can they make the cabs bigger? It is knee jerk, badly thought out with no idea how to put it into practise.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:15 - Apr 4 with 709 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:52 - Apr 4 by Catullus

How can this possibly be enforced? Lets start close to home, my wife's office in the hospital, they can't enforce the 2 metre rule there because there is no room. What do they do, send staff home?
Then go to Royal Mail, they need to source new premises because they'll need at least 50% more space for the delivery offices and where are those suitable buildings?
Supermarkets, do they move ailses so they are wide enough for shelf stackers to be 2 metres apart and move the tills at least 2 metres apart...then put up screens that will actually work because what I have seen so far offers them very little protection...

What about the bin men in their trucks, can they make the cabs bigger? It is knee jerk, badly thought out with no idea how to put it into practise.

I think the new law will only apply to non essential workers and companies who put profit before the safety of their employees.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:16 - Apr 4 with 706 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:52 - Apr 4 by Catullus

"How can this possible be enforced". People said that after every new piece of legislation that came out.

Workplaces have to adapt, expand, change working practices, change the layout of buildings. People are dying in their hundreds in Wales now, in their thousands around the world.

There will obviously be occupations that cannot achieve it due to the nature of the work. In those situations, and always the last control measure is PPE.

Your wife's situation for example, there are hundreds of mobile temporary offices out there. You will probably say "ah but there's no room to site them", but where there is a will, there is a way. I'm sure you would rather your good wife be in a safer environment than what she is now. Bin men? Easy, one in the lorry, then have another van follow behind with another chap in it. Going to cost loads? Yeah of course it will, but you can't put a cost on someones life.

It's the absolute front line staff that are the issue, the doctors and nurses.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 14:35 - Apr 4 with 668 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:16 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

"How can this possible be enforced". People said that after every new piece of legislation that came out.

Workplaces have to adapt, expand, change working practices, change the layout of buildings. People are dying in their hundreds in Wales now, in their thousands around the world.

There will obviously be occupations that cannot achieve it due to the nature of the work. In those situations, and always the last control measure is PPE.

Your wife's situation for example, there are hundreds of mobile temporary offices out there. You will probably say "ah but there's no room to site them", but where there is a will, there is a way. I'm sure you would rather your good wife be in a safer environment than what she is now. Bin men? Easy, one in the lorry, then have another van follow behind with another chap in it. Going to cost loads? Yeah of course it will, but you can't put a cost on someones life.

It's the absolute front line staff that are the issue, the doctors and nurses.

It's not about the cost, money absolutely should not be an issue but, as we are seeing with PPE it's availability. There is finite availability. Are there enough mobile offices for all the staff in every essential sector. Where are the empty buildings RM will need? You could walk into the RM building and try to change the layout all you like but it's impossible to put every sorting and delivery fitting at least 2 metres apart in the space they have.

Changing the ways of working is the only real option but that takes time and planning.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 14:42 - Apr 4 with 662 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 14:35 - Apr 4 by Catullus

It's not about the cost, money absolutely should not be an issue but, as we are seeing with PPE it's availability. There is finite availability. Are there enough mobile offices for all the staff in every essential sector. Where are the empty buildings RM will need? You could walk into the RM building and try to change the layout all you like but it's impossible to put every sorting and delivery fitting at least 2 metres apart in the space they have.

Changing the ways of working is the only real option but that takes time and planning.

Things can be done in days / weeks, but simply saying it can't be done is no way to fight this. You've seen how quickly Nightingale was converted, similarly the Scarlets barn and numerous others. One of the emergency hospital units we are doing in Bridgend, is near to Mobile Mini, who supply these temporary site offices, their yard is ram full of them, and that is one single depot. Where there is a will there is most definitely a way.

I'm sorry but i have no idea what RM is.

Edit, you mean Royal Mail.

They are no different to any other place, there are many empty units that can be converted in a very short time, same as the emergency hospitals.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 14:44]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 14:45 - Apr 4 with 656 viewsHighjack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 14:42 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

Things can be done in days / weeks, but simply saying it can't be done is no way to fight this. You've seen how quickly Nightingale was converted, similarly the Scarlets barn and numerous others. One of the emergency hospital units we are doing in Bridgend, is near to Mobile Mini, who supply these temporary site offices, their yard is ram full of them, and that is one single depot. Where there is a will there is most definitely a way.

They are no different to any other place, there are many empty units that can be converted in a very short time, same as the emergency hospitals.

It’s either Royal Mail or Roberto Martinez. In these troubled times it could equally be either.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 15:17 - Apr 4 with 634 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 14:45 - Apr 4 by Highjack

It’s either Royal Mail or Roberto Martinez. In these troubled times it could equally be either.

Nah it's Ricky Martin, he converted pretty quickly.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 15:36 - Apr 4 with 622 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 14:42 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

They have to be able to enforce this law for it to happen. Unless they are sending people around to check I guarantee many managers won't have the will.

How many units are in that yard and how many will be needed just for the NHS? The logistics for this are huge and probably not top of the priority list either. It's taking long enough getting enough PPE out there.

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 15:43 - Apr 4 with 618 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 15:36 - Apr 4 by Catullus

They have to be able to enforce this law for it to happen. Unless they are sending people around to check I guarantee many managers won't have the will.

How many units are in that yard and how many will be needed just for the NHS? The logistics for this are huge and probably not top of the priority list either. It's taking long enough getting enough PPE out there.

I have no idea about enforcement, but remember that there is a moral reason for health and safety as well.

I've no idea how many are available or how many are needed. The point being that people shout "can't be done", without having the will do even try. Things can be done, and do get done. You are on one of the threads bemoaning people not sticking to the 2m guidance when out walking, but are happy for people in work to get on with it.

As for PPE in the NHS, it isn't the same all over the country, all the medical professionals I've spoken to over the past two weeks have got enough PPE (at the moment), there is even a video on this thread with the consultant from Royal Gwent saying they are all wearing the PPE.

The easiest thing in the world is to look for reasons why things can't be done.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 15:54 - Apr 4 with 606 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 15:43 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

I have no idea about enforcement, but remember that there is a moral reason for health and safety as well.

I've no idea how many are available or how many are needed. The point being that people shout "can't be done", without having the will do even try. Things can be done, and do get done. You are on one of the threads bemoaning people not sticking to the 2m guidance when out walking, but are happy for people in work to get on with it.

As for PPE in the NHS, it isn't the same all over the country, all the medical professionals I've spoken to over the past two weeks have got enough PPE (at the moment), there is even a video on this thread with the consultant from Royal Gwent saying they are all wearing the PPE.

The easiest thing in the world is to look for reasons why things can't be done.

I'm not happy for essential workers to have to risk their health but did they need to spend time passing this law or should they have been busy drawing up plans so the NHS can implement it while communicating with companies that the 2 metre rule is an emergency measure that is to be considerd law until Covid is beaten?

If the Senedd doesn't ensure the NHS follows guidelines how can they tell others to?

Health and safety laws have been in force for years but employers still break them, I had many arguments about H&S while a union rep.

I said it was badly thought out and it was, it was never the case that I'm happy for my wife to risk her life to go to work.

You know what, I hope I'm wrong and that in 2 weeks every employer has complied.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 16:03 - Apr 4 with 596 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 15:54 - Apr 4 by Catullus

I'm not happy for essential workers to have to risk their health but did they need to spend time passing this law or should they have been busy drawing up plans so the NHS can implement it while communicating with companies that the 2 metre rule is an emergency measure that is to be considerd law until Covid is beaten?

If the Senedd doesn't ensure the NHS follows guidelines how can they tell others to?

Health and safety laws have been in force for years but employers still break them, I had many arguments about H&S while a union rep.

I said it was badly thought out and it was, it was never the case that I'm happy for my wife to risk her life to go to work.

You know what, I hope I'm wrong and that in 2 weeks every employer has complied.

As i said in my original post, there will be certain occupations that will be impossible to not be able to maintain the 2m rule, but there are many others that can and should be doing. Doctors and nurses, carers etc wouldn't come under the new law should it be passed. It is the all the other non essential occupations that will need to comply or stop working until this is over.

Aye, i know a thing or two about H&S laws and how often they are ignored, but that does not mean that we just scrap them all. They are there for a very good reason, not to be awkward or make tasks take longer.

It isn't badly thought out at all, the WAG are hopefully going to save many lives, whereas the government are happy to hand non essential workers out to dry. I have not suggested that you were happy for your wife to risk her life.

You won't be wrong, of course many employers will ignore it, but as I said earlier, you don't just scrap it because of the mindless idiots. I'm sure you alluded to something similar in your post about people walking past you and your son and not complying.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 16:11 - Apr 4 with 587 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 16:03 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

As i said in my original post, there will be certain occupations that will be impossible to not be able to maintain the 2m rule, but there are many others that can and should be doing. Doctors and nurses, carers etc wouldn't come under the new law should it be passed. It is the all the other non essential occupations that will need to comply or stop working until this is over.

Aye, i know a thing or two about H&S laws and how often they are ignored, but that does not mean that we just scrap them all. They are there for a very good reason, not to be awkward or make tasks take longer.

It isn't badly thought out at all, the WAG are hopefully going to save many lives, whereas the government are happy to hand non essential workers out to dry. I have not suggested that you were happy for your wife to risk her life.

You won't be wrong, of course many employers will ignore it, but as I said earlier, you don't just scrap it because of the mindless idiots. I'm sure you alluded to something similar in your post about people walking past you and your son and not complying.

Non essential staff shouldn't be working anyway. Like I said, how do they enforce this? If they can't adequately enforce H&S in better times, how do they take everybody with them now? There will always be idiots, greedy, selfish idiots who put profit before the people that earn them the profit.

This will ony save lives if they can enforce it. What needs to happen is workers need to be brave enough to speak out if employers aren't complying.

I guess my wife will find out if the NHS intends to comply with their admin staff this week.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 16:15 - Apr 4 with 586 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 16:11 - Apr 4 by Catullus

Non essential staff shouldn't be working anyway. Like I said, how do they enforce this? If they can't adequately enforce H&S in better times, how do they take everybody with them now? There will always be idiots, greedy, selfish idiots who put profit before the people that earn them the profit.

This will ony save lives if they can enforce it. What needs to happen is workers need to be brave enough to speak out if employers aren't complying.

I guess my wife will find out if the NHS intends to comply with their admin staff this week.

Shouldn't they? Who said that? The government are extremely happy for certain non essential workers to carry on.

You could say the same about criminal law then, how many people don't comply with that and get away it? Millions upon millions do. Let's scrap all laws then shall we?

NHS admin staff are no different to other office staff, easy to change existing environments to accommodate 2m rule..
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 16:16]

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 16:22 - Apr 4 with 575 viewsdickythorpe

What non-essential workers are the government "extremely happy " to see still working ?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 16:23]
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 16:30 - Apr 4 with 558 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 16:22 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

What non-essential workers are the government "extremely happy " to see still working ?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 16:23]

The ones working from home?
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 19:17 - Apr 4 with 518 viewsBarrySwan

To be fair this was almost inevitable given the amount of senile old codgers like this putting other people at risk.

https://order-order.com/2020/03/31/vulnerable-corbyn-flouts-self-isolation-socia

https://order-order.com/2020/04/03/corbyn-tries-giving-son-gong/
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 19:56 - Apr 4 with 496 viewsFlashberryjack

Mark Drakeford is just a sh*t Jeremy Corbyn.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 20:44 - Apr 4 with 475 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 16:30 - Apr 4 by Whiterockin

The ones working from home?

Yeah but they won't be working in an office breaking the 2 metre guideline.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 20:50 - Apr 4 with 468 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 16:15 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

Shouldn't they? Who said that? The government are extremely happy for certain non essential workers to carry on.

You could say the same about criminal law then, how many people don't comply with that and get away it? Millions upon millions do. Let's scrap all laws then shall we?

NHS admin staff are no different to other office staff, easy to change existing environments to accommodate 2m rule..
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 16:16]

Easy to change existing environments you say, have you been in my wifes office then? How can you possibly say that? How can you know the measurements and layout of every office?

It's great to have a can do attitude but it can only get you so far.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 20:58 - Apr 4 with 460 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 20:44 - Apr 4 by Catullus

Yeah but they won't be working in an office breaking the 2 metre guideline.

I think he was being facetious.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:01 - Apr 4 with 449 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 20:50 - Apr 4 by Catullus

Easy to change existing environments you say, have you been in my wifes office then? How can you possibly say that? How can you know the measurements and layout of every office?

It's great to have a can do attitude but it can only get you so far.

I don't need to go into her office, an office is an office. If the hospital wanted to ensure that the admin staff stay a safe distance away from each other, they could do it easily enough. There are currently thousands of new bed spaces being created in empty factories, sports halls and gymnasiums. You think that a couple of offices couldn't be sorted out in a couple of days?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:02 - Apr 4 with 447 viewsPentyrchJack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:07 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

What H&S rules are in place for what PPE to wear when coronavirus strikes?

I'll help you out here..... there's NONE!!!!

JUST LIKE THERE'S NO PPE OR EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST IT WILL HELP!!!

Dicky - I agree there isn't much evidence but the HSE did bring out guidance for front line medical staff to say that FFP3 (full face protection) masks do protect from COVID 19. This was welcome news to me as I employ 650 front line construction workers and we are currently building hospitals etc so the staff are carrying out essential work. All of them already had these masks or even higher standard ones like Force 8 so it is reassuring to see this evidence from HSE.Here's the link:

https://www.hse.gov.uk/news/face-mask-equivalence-aprons-gowns-eye-protection-co
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 21:08]

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:03 - Apr 4 with 446 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 20:58 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

I think he was being facetious.

Possibly, I'm posting while watching Qi, maybe I should pay more attention.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:29 - Apr 4 with 437 viewsDJack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 19:17 - Apr 4 by BarrySwan

To be fair this was almost inevitable given the amount of senile old codgers like this putting other people at risk.

https://order-order.com/2020/03/31/vulnerable-corbyn-flouts-self-isolation-socia

https://order-order.com/2020/04/03/corbyn-tries-giving-son-gong/

Yet you fail to mention the current cabinet who have a few cases active...nice agenda there.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:41 - Apr 4 with 423 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 21:01 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

I don't need to go into her office, an office is an office. If the hospital wanted to ensure that the admin staff stay a safe distance away from each other, they could do it easily enough. There are currently thousands of new bed spaces being created in empty factories, sports halls and gymnasiums. You think that a couple of offices couldn't be sorted out in a couple of days?

An office is an office? You're just being silly now.

I told my wife what you said and she laughed, she says come and do it then.

Like I said, we'll see what happens now this law is passed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024