Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. 10:56 - Apr 4 with 3189 viewsladyjack

It will be difficult for lots of workplaces to adhere to this rule but the law is the law.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:30 - Apr 5 with 607 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:24 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

Why can’t NHS admin staff work from home?

Of course they can, but Catty has painted himself into a Planet Swans corner. It happens a lot

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:36 - Apr 5 with 593 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:30 - Apr 5 by Neath_Jack

Of course they can, but Catty has painted himself into a Planet Swans corner. It happens a lot

He’ll be back. Catts has never come across a subject he’s not an expert in.

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:12 - Apr 5 with 560 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:30 - Apr 5 by Neath_Jack

My wife (as I said previously) has been told by her manager she can't work from home. It's not a matter of being an expert (or not) in anything.

Her manager says she has to go into the office but then when it comes to knowing better regardless of the facts I'm up against it with you 2 arent I.

She would love to be able to work from home, why would she want to be at a hospital right now?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:18 - Apr 5 with 550 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:12 - Apr 5 by Catullus

My wife (as I said previously) has been told by her manager she can't work from home. It's not a matter of being an expert (or not) in anything.

Her manager says she has to go into the office but then when it comes to knowing better regardless of the facts I'm up against it with you 2 arent I.

She would love to be able to work from home, why would she want to be at a hospital right now?

So there is nothing stopping her then, just her manager.

Tell her to stay at home, and see them in a tribunal soon.

Her manager is going against government guidance.

How mad is that, we are having stay home, stay safe, protect the NHS rammed down our throats, yet an NHS manager is saying, nah, ignore that, come into work and sit in a small office with 24 people in it.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 13:20]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:31 - Apr 5 with 538 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:18 - Apr 5 by Neath_Jack

So there is nothing stopping her then, just her manager.

Tell her to stay at home, and see them in a tribunal soon.

Her manager is going against government guidance.

How mad is that, we are having stay home, stay safe, protect the NHS rammed down our throats, yet an NHS manager is saying, nah, ignore that, come into work and sit in a small office with 24 people in it.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 13:20]

Nothing stopping her just her manager? This is why it ws badly thought out and rushed because there are other laws that also apply like data protection and patient confidentiality

There are day to day admin tasks in hospitals that can't be done at home, the usually inane stuff like filing patient records, processing referrals. My wife needs access to patient record cards and she can't bring them home.

Still I suppose they can send admins home and get the medical staff to do this stuff. It's not like they're needed elsewhere.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:42 - Apr 5 with 531 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:12 - Apr 5 by Catullus

Yeah but why? What reasons was she given?

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:43 - Apr 5 with 527 viewsZaxx

The sooner NHS admin staff are taken off-site to free up premium space which could be used for patient care, the better.
Most of the reason that this never previously happened was for IT reasons. Hopefully things have moved on a bit now in that respect.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 20:01 - Apr 5 with 482 viewsmajorraglan

Then it’s settled, in addition to the law Drakers can set up a hotline so people can report employers who flout the law and they will have a visit or a call off the local authority, WAG or the police and it will be sorted.
Plenty of bosses won’t be insisting on staff coming in after they get a visit.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 20:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 18:41 - Apr 10 with 404 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 20:01 - Apr 5 by majorraglan

Then it’s settled, in addition to the law Drakers can set up a hotline so people can report employers who flout the law and they will have a visit or a call off the local authority, WAG or the police and it will be sorted.
Plenty of bosses won’t be insisting on staff coming in after they get a visit.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 20:02]

Like I said, not enforceable, employees are scared to say anything and too many managers don't have the will to try and make it happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52243179

When you go shopping, are supermarket staff staying 2 metres apart?

Management will say the right things but when it comes to doing those things it proves to jusr be lipservice until the law acts, when will we see the first attampted enforcement of this law? Are police going into factories and warehouses checking they are compliant?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 18:47 - Apr 10 with 402 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 13:43 - Apr 5 by Zaxx

The sooner NHS admin staff are taken off-site to free up premium space which could be used for patient care, the better.
Most of the reason that this never previously happened was for IT reasons. Hopefully things have moved on a bit now in that respect.

IT staff are working from home
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 19:04 - Apr 10 with 395 viewsHighjack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 18:41 - Apr 10 by Catullus

Like I said, not enforceable, employees are scared to say anything and too many managers don't have the will to try and make it happen.

Management will say the right things but when it comes to doing those things it proves to jusr be lipservice until the law acts, when will we see the first attampted enforcement of this law? Are police going into factories and warehouses checking they are compliant?

Trading standards officials are going into supermarkets and fining employees £60 on the spot if they are not keeping two metres from other staff.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 19:29 - Apr 10 with 382 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 18:41 - Apr 10 by Catullus

Of course it's enforceable, no different to any other law of the land. We've been through this but you conveniently ignored it. Shall we scrap all the other workplace health and safety laws?

The police won't enforce it, but should any disgruntled employees feel they have no other option than to report it, then the premises will get a visit from a HSE inspector. The person in charge of that workplace will then have to demonstrate that they have taken all reasonable measures to enforce it.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:01 - Apr 11 with 324 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 19:29 - Apr 10 by Neath_Jack

Of course it's enforceable, no different to any other law of the land. We've been through this but you conveniently ignored it. Shall we scrap all the other workplace health and safety laws?

The police won't enforce it, but should any disgruntled employees feel they have no other option than to report it, then the premises will get a visit from a HSE inspector. The person in charge of that workplace will then have to demonstrate that they have taken all reasonable measures to enforce it.

I'm not conveniently ignoring anything. My wifes office has made no changes, Royal mail has had walk outs because managers are ignoring the new law but those posties are cajoled back in with promises which aren't kept. How many other places are carrying on as normal?

You said it would be easy, well if its so easy why hasn't it happened?

Mind, you also said there was enough PPE around.

PS, you also said of course admin staff could work from home yet my wifes office had a meeting and they were told they were all essential staff and had to come to work.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:44 - Apr 11 with 306 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:01 - Apr 11 by Catullus

I'm not conveniently ignoring anything. My wifes office has made no changes, Royal mail has had walk outs because managers are ignoring the new law but those posties are cajoled back in with promises which aren't kept. How many other places are carrying on as normal?

You said it would be easy, well if its so easy why hasn't it happened?

Mind, you also said there was enough PPE around.

PS, you also said of course admin staff could work from home yet my wifes office had a meeting and they were told they were all essential staff and had to come to work.

Yeah so you keep saying about your wifes office. More fool to those working in the office then isn't it, and allowing themselves to be "cajoled" back in.

Why hasn't what happened? I've asked you this three times now, what did you expect to happen?

Quote me where i said there is enough PPE, I said at the time (without going back to check, that every health professional i had dealt with at that point, said they all had PPE). Things change very quickly. In my company, we have about a month's worth of RPE left before we are in trouble. There are something like 80million masks required per month worldwide at the moment.

Yeah of course they can, because a manager says they got to come into work, doesn't mean that working from home isn't possible.

Edit: You still have not answered whether you want to scrap all other workplace laws, because they can't be enforceable either.

Edit 2: Royal Mail, aye and what happened after they walked out and stood up to their bosses? Oh yeah, it got sorted.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 12:47]

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:55 - Apr 11 with 296 viewsTreforys_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:36 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

He’ll be back. Catts has never come across a subject he’s not an expert in.

He's not alone in that, I'm just shocked a few on here haven't developed a vaccine yet.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 17:25 - Apr 11 with 248 viewsCatullus

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:44 - Apr 11 by Neath_Jack

Yeah so you keep saying about your wifes office. More fool to those working in the office then isn't it, and allowing themselves to be "cajoled" back in.

Why hasn't what happened? I've asked you this three times now, what did you expect to happen?

Quote me where i said there is enough PPE, I said at the time (without going back to check, that every health professional i had dealt with at that point, said they all had PPE). Things change very quickly. In my company, we have about a month's worth of RPE left before we are in trouble. There are something like 80million masks required per month worldwide at the moment.

Yeah of course they can, because a manager says they got to come into work, doesn't mean that working from home isn't possible.

Edit: You still have not answered whether you want to scrap all other workplace laws, because they can't be enforceable either.

Edit 2: Royal Mail, aye and what happened after they walked out and stood up to their bosses? Oh yeah, it got sorted.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 12:47]

You said it would be easy for any office to make changes and be 2 metres apart but it hasn't happened.
Take my wife's office, and every other office in the same boat, if they walked out the NHS would grind to a halt, is that what you want?
That's why people are complaining but still going to work.

Tell me, in your business, if a manager says you can't work from home do you just ignore them and go home? If only it was that easy eh, if only people didn't worry about their jobs and money.

I never said I'd scrap all workplace laws and I didn't even say this was a bad law just badly thought out. Making it a law in a few days put companies in a terrible position. Making these changes in a few days, even a few weeks was never 'easy'

I said there was a shortage of PPE and you came back with 'everyone you'd talked to' suggesting you didn't think there was a shortage.

Royal Mail management are saying it's been sorted but ask your local postie because mine says otherwise.

Something I have said before, I am not an expert, these are just my opinions biut some on here like to use 'expert' as a form of denigration and usually they are the ones so certain they are right they dismiss other peoples opinions.

Think back to your comment about my wifes office, you said it could be easily changed around and you didn't need to see it, an expert on my wifes office without even seeing it are you?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 17:44 - Apr 11 with 241 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 17:25 - Apr 11 by Catullus

You said it would be easy for any office to make changes and be 2 metres apart but it hasn't happened.
Take my wife's office, and every other office in the same boat, if they walked out the NHS would grind to a halt, is that what you want?
That's why people are complaining but still going to work.

Tell me, in your business, if a manager says you can't work from home do you just ignore them and go home? If only it was that easy eh, if only people didn't worry about their jobs and money.

I never said I'd scrap all workplace laws and I didn't even say this was a bad law just badly thought out. Making it a law in a few days put companies in a terrible position. Making these changes in a few days, even a few weeks was never 'easy'

I said there was a shortage of PPE and you came back with 'everyone you'd talked to' suggesting you didn't think there was a shortage.

Royal Mail management are saying it's been sorted but ask your local postie because mine says otherwise.

Something I have said before, I am not an expert, these are just my opinions biut some on here like to use 'expert' as a form of denigration and usually they are the ones so certain they are right they dismiss other peoples opinions.

Think back to your comment about my wifes office, you said it could be easily changed around and you didn't need to see it, an expert on my wifes office without even seeing it are you?

It is absolutely easy to make reasonable changes to an office environment. Aye of course I want the NHS to grind to a halt.

If i was being made to work in a small office, with 20 odd other people, as you described your wife's office, I would absolutely go home and tell them to pick a date for a tribunal. And I'd do it within a blink of an eye.

You said that is wasn't enforceable, which is what started our back and fore. It is enforceable in exactly the same way as any other current workplace law.

I was suggesting that there wasn't a local shortage at that moment in time.

Well if that's true, I expect another walkout, as they have previously done.

Where have I called you an expert? What you have done, it immediately said no reasonable changes can be made to your wife's office. I have no idea what background you come from, but to suggest that is just plain silly. I think you are just saying it to dig your heels in, but we'll never know.

I will repeat, there absolutely can be changes made to your wife's office of 20 odd people working in there, and no i don't need to see it to make that claim.

Anyway, you've nailed your colours to the mast and you won't be for changing them. You can take my not responding to you on the subject as a little victory if you want. Be safe my internet chum.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024