Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it 20:47 - Apr 8 with 3521 viewscentrestandswan

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/coronavirus-why-this-could-be-the-end-o

Interesting and scary at the same time.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 21:04 - Apr 8 with 3484 viewsSwanjaxs

It has to be said that this pandemic is going to make the hedge fund look hard at whether it's worth hanging around or cut their losses, everything is up in the air, not just for ourselves but at least 90 % of professional football clubs (maybe more)

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 07:29 - Apr 9 with 3326 viewsdickythorpe

If it wasn't football but any other type of business then a lot of clubs would have gone to the wall by now.
Plus would anyone really mind?

72 clubs outside the PL not paying their way is ridiculous really.

Local pubs shut down, shops shut down etc etc we tend to cope and forget eventually once we realise we can get what we want elsewhere
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 7:30]
Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 08:25 - Apr 9 with 3288 viewsDr_Winston

You could argue that because we've taken such significant steps towards gutting our cost base that we might be nicely positioned once the dust settles.

There are a hell of a lot of teams in this division in a much, much worse financial position than us now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 08:28 - Apr 9 with 3285 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 07:29 - Apr 9 by dickythorpe

If it wasn't football but any other type of business then a lot of clubs would have gone to the wall by now.

Local pubs shut down, shops shut down etc etc we tend to cope and forget eventually once we realise we can get what we want elsewhere

So you weren’t supporting the Swans in the mid 80’s or around and just after the Petty era?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 08:42 - Apr 9 with 3269 viewsJackinexile1

Local businesses especially pubs thrive on business from the football club and its the same all over the UK.
Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 11:44 - Apr 9 with 3157 viewsjackjackjackjack

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 08:25 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

You could argue that because we've taken such significant steps towards gutting our cost base that we might be nicely positioned once the dust settles.

There are a hell of a lot of teams in this division in a much, much worse financial position than us now.

Stoke, and the owners who were making a fortune on the betting, ain't in a good place.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 12:31 - Apr 9 with 3124 viewsCatullus

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 07:29 - Apr 9 by dickythorpe

Those 72 clubs could pay their way though, if they obeyed the basic principle of not spending more than you have coming in. Sport (football especially) has always followed a different logic though.

Football will look very different after this, or so I suspect.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 12:32 - Apr 9 with 3124 viewspikeypaul

Were ? She paid herself nearly £600 million the last two years and since they are online it won’t be long before it’s back to business as usual for them.

The high street parasite bookmaking shops ? That’s another story.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 22:54 - Apr 9 with 3009 viewsdickythorpe

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 08:28 - Apr 9 by Brynmill_Jack

So you weren’t supporting the Swans in the mid 80’s or around and just after the Petty era?

Now what's gone and got your goat now Bryn?

I was watching the swans draw 0-0 against Bournemouth on Jan 1st 1986......we were supposed to have gone to the wall by then.

Trivia question, which Bournemouth player played at that year's world cup in Mexico?
Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 01:02 - Apr 10 with 2958 viewsbuilthjack

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 22:54 - Apr 9 by dickythorpe

Now what's gone and got your goat now Bryn?

I was watching the swans draw 0-0 against Bournemouth on Jan 1st 1986......we were supposed to have gone to the wall by then.

Trivia question, which Bournemouth player played at that year's world cup in Mexico?

Colin Clarke ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 10:58 - Apr 10 with 2892 viewsdickythorpe

Correct builthy
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 10:58]
Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 15:17 - Apr 10 with 2828 viewsCatullus

Coronavirus: Why this could be the end of Championship as we know it on 10:58 - Apr 10 by dickythorpe

Correct builthy
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 10:58]

It certainly wasn't Robbie Savage!

I don't think the big clubs will be too badly effected by this, if anything they may gain. If smaller clubs go under where do those fans go? London and Manchester, they have lots of smaller clubs around them. Us and Cardiff won't gain any though, even if one of us went under!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024