Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finish the season off 07:27 - Apr 9 with 4823 viewsNortbankboy

Behind closed doors.test all players and televise the games.
At least we'll have some to watch.
Finish the season off on 07:35 - Apr 9 with 3227 viewsProfessor

I suspect this is what we will see in June. A highly condensed televised end-of-season
Finish the season off on 07:37 - Apr 9 with 3223 viewsdickythorpe

How many tests would need to be available?

Are all testing kits accurate?

How many from each club should travel down in a coach?

Are you sure no idiot fans wouldn't try to get to games?

Who really gives a fúck about league points when they've got shít at home and in work to deal with?

If your furloughed at home then you may be bored......find a new hobby FFS!!!!
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 7:38]
Finish the season off on 07:45 - Apr 9 with 3200 viewssainthelens

Just throwing it out there....we would be at Brum tmrw, 3k in away end, hot day, good slurp on train, possibly still going for the play offs.........this fckn virus!
Finish the season off on 08:00 - Apr 9 with 3180 viewslifelong

Finish the season off on 07:35 - Apr 9 by Professor

I suspect this is what we will see in June. A highly condensed televised end-of-season

By the time June comes along the players would not have played a competitive game for 3 months, it would take them at least 4 friendly games to get anywhere near match fitness.
Finish the season off on 08:12 - Apr 9 with 3164 viewsJackinexile1

Finish the season off on 08:00 - Apr 9 by lifelong

By the time June comes along the players would not have played a competitive game for 3 months, it would take them at least 4 friendly games to get anywhere near match fitness.

That's what I was thinking, I just can't see how they are going to finish the season if, or should I say when lockdown is extended.

The players mingle with each other, then go back to their families, who then go out shopping...
Finish the season off on 08:23 - Apr 9 with 3149 viewssainthelens

Finish the season off on 08:12 - Apr 9 by Jackinexile1

That's what I was thinking, I just can't see how they are going to finish the season if, or should I say when lockdown is extended.

The players mingle with each other, then go back to their families, who then go out shopping...

This.
Been thinking/saying this all along.
I've got my mindset on xmas at earliest.
Finish the season off on 10:32 - Apr 9 with 3079 viewspencoedjack

I guess its the same for all clubs.

No way there will be a delay to get teams up to match speed.
Finish the season off on 12:32 - Apr 9 with 3025 viewsWhiterockin

The conclusion of this season will be the pre season for next season. This years promotion/relegation will become a lottery.
Login to get fewer ads

Finish the season off on 12:37 - Apr 9 with 3012 viewsNotLoyal

Same for everyone though.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Finish the season off on 12:37 - Apr 9 with 3012 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They can stay physically fit during lockdown.

If they're not match fit then so what, it's the same for all teams. Just get on with it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Finish the season off on 12:38 - Apr 9 with 3011 viewsCatullus

We should finish the season, eventually, when it's safe. Then we should maybe accept that the next season or 2 will be disrupted (start and finish at a different time) and then we get back to normal.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Finish the season off on 12:45 - Apr 9 with 2994 viewslifelong

Finish the season off on 12:37 - Apr 9 by NotLoyal

Same for everyone though.

Yes, but it will be a farce.

This season is over, the way it’s looking we’ll be lucky to see next season starting on time.
Finish the season off on 13:22 - Apr 9 with 2953 viewsPhil_S

Its going to be a pretty shit game of football watching players staying 2m away from each other
Finish the season off on 13:22 - Apr 9 with 2953 viewskarnataka

Finish the season off on 07:37 - Apr 9 by dickythorpe

How many tests would need to be available?

Are all testing kits accurate?

How many from each club should travel down in a coach?

Are you sure no idiot fans wouldn't try to get to games?

Who really gives a fúck about league points when they've got shít at home and in work to deal with?

If your furloughed at home then you may be bored......find a new hobby FFS!!!!
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 7:38]

How many test kits would need to be available? With the current incumbents running things, I think we're going to need both of them.
Finish the season off on 13:29 - Apr 9 with 2941 viewskarnataka

Finish the season off on 12:37 - Apr 9 by Joe_bradshaw

They can stay physically fit during lockdown.

If they're not match fit then so what, it's the same for all teams. Just get on with it.

Was thinking exactly the same. Most footballers on a decent wedge will surely have their own exercise equipment in some form at home with the stupidly well paid having their own gym and even an indoor pool. But as you say, the point is it will be the same for everyone, nobody will have a head start and hit the ground running so they can all just get on with it from a standing start.
Finish the season off on 13:30 - Apr 9 with 2939 viewsJackinexile1

Finish the season off on 13:22 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

Its going to be a pretty shit game of football watching players staying 2m away from each other

Will they need to expand the pitches?
Finish the season off on 13:38 - Apr 9 with 2931 viewsScotia

Finish the season off on 13:30 - Apr 9 by Jackinexile1

Will they need to expand the pitches?

I can see the season being postponed soon. Close season being mid April to early ish June, when hopefully some restrictions will be eased.

A condensed end to the season between June and end of July, probably behind closed doors.

With the 20/21 season starting mid or maybe the at the end of August.

Probably a bit optimistic but a decision needs to be made soon and at least it would be something to look forward to.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 13:53]
Finish the season off on 13:44 - Apr 9 with 2922 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Like the 2013 League Cup final.

I think a Bradford player got within 5 feet of De Guzman once. it didn't last long.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Finish the season off on 13:46 - Apr 9 with 2914 viewsJackinexile1

Finish the season off on 13:38 - Apr 9 by Scotia

I can see the season being postponed soon. Close season being mid April to early ish June, when hopefully some restrictions will be eased.

A condensed end to the season between June and end of July, probably behind closed doors.

With the 20/21 season starting mid or maybe the at the end of August.

Probably a bit optimistic but a decision needs to be made soon and at least it would be something to look forward to.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 13:53]

There's noway they can play any sort of games until all this is over in my opinion. Its not just the testing of the players - it's absolutely everyone involved.
Finish the season off on 13:59 - Apr 9 with 2900 viewsScotia

Finish the season off on 13:46 - Apr 9 by Jackinexile1

There's noway they can play any sort of games until all this is over in my opinion. Its not just the testing of the players - it's absolutely everyone involved.

It all depends on how many cases there are around at the time. The sooner it goes the better.

I'm hoping that in about 8 weeks we'll hopefully be back in a little bit of control, like I said optimistic, but I've got to be or I'd go nuts.
Finish the season off on 14:06 - Apr 9 with 2894 viewssherpajacob

get Bob Bradley back as our defensive coordinator.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Finish the season off on 14:10 - Apr 9 with 2888 viewsmonmouth

I’ve been watching our midfield, defence and goalie staying 2m away from anybody all season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Finish the season off on 14:17 - Apr 9 with 2869 viewsbuilthjack

Quite a few of ours don't get within 2 metres of the opposition, so no change for them

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Finish the season off on 15:01 - Apr 9 with 2835 viewsJackFish

Finish the season off on 13:44 - Apr 9 by Joe_bradshaw

Like the 2013 League Cup final.

I think a Bradford player got within 5 feet of De Guzman once. it didn't last long.

That's not fair... one of them got close enough to get sent off.
Finish the season off on 16:06 - Apr 9 with 2784 views3swan

A bit of info, but I'm sure things are very fluid. https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/efl-letter-emerge
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024