Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borough Market Watch 14:04 - Apr 9 with 1189 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Another successful excursion today. However the upcoming Bank Holiday closure meant we had to queue to be served this morning. We bore this with our customary good humour, although I was forced to issue a rebuke to a tourist (!!) who came too close. He appeared shocked at my suggestions for what he might usefully do with his camera.

No eggs today, which means we have just 17 to get us through the long weekend. One hopes this will be enough. And we turned down their kind offer of scrag end - as I said to them, there may well be some poor people who need it far more than we do. You have to think of others, don't you?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Borough Market Watch on 14:32 - Apr 9 with 1179 viewsspudgun

The profligacy of turning down `scrag end`! It`s almost like you are mocking poor working-class northerners. Typical of the beau monde.

But I bet your southern eggs don`t have the nutritious tangerine yolk of our free-range northern ones; I suspect they are insipid and sterile, and pale yellow in colour.

A simple metaphor...
Borough Market Watch on 15:12 - Apr 9 with 1173 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Tourist!

They were the first sucker on the trial run of Red's Zombie Plague Tours.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Borough Market Watch on 17:46 - Apr 9 with 1163 viewsspell_chekker

Borough Market Watch on 15:12 - Apr 9 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Tourist!

They were the first sucker on the trial run of Red's Zombie Plague Tours.

I'd have made a lovely hotpot out of the scrag end.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024