Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lawnmowers 18:43 - Apr 12 with 3710 viewsdickythorpe

Now my trusty Bosch gave up the ghost after 5 years, I'm a bit dismayed it went now and not later but in this current climate it's not that important.

Anywho, you good people on here are a fountain of untapped knowledge....... DISCUSS
Lawnmowers on 18:47 - Apr 12 with 2034 viewsbuilthjack

Get a goat?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Lawnmowers on 18:52 - Apr 12 with 2019 viewsunion_jack

The best one I’ve known is the Honda Izzy. On my second one now and a real workhouse. I’ve got over 3 acres of land and have put it through hell but it keeps on going. They’re not cheap (and they’re petrol not electric) but quality seldom is.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lawnmowers on 19:14 - Apr 12 with 1972 viewsGlyn1

Are you sure that it can't be repaired - what went wrong with it?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Lawnmowers on 19:18 - Apr 12 with 1965 viewsFlashberryjack

Lawnmowers on 18:47 - Apr 12 by builthjack

Get a goat?

Petrol or Electric ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lawnmowers on 19:20 - Apr 12 with 1957 viewspencoedjack

Viking.

Not cheap but a good investment
Lawnmowers on 19:47 - Apr 12 with 1940 viewsFlashberryjack

Bought a Ryobi petrol self propelled from B & Q about 9 years ago, cheap as anything and not had any problems whatsoever, even though it's seen hardly any maintenance in all that time.

Parked in the garage over the winters and usually starts on the second/third pull in the spring.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lawnmowers on 19:48 - Apr 12 with 1940 viewssP7qupUf

I have a very big lawn in my garden. The first thing I bought was a Mountfield lawnmower. Petrol. Never ever broke down. Had to change it last year due to the plastic casing breaking due to old age. I bought it in 1989. The engine was still running perfectly. Went to get another one but was advised that Mountfield no longer used Briggs and Straton engines but Honda ones. Maculloch use Briggs and Stratton so bought one of them. Delighted with it.
Lawnmowers on 19:52 - Apr 12 with 1931 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lawnmowers on 18:52 - Apr 12 by union_jack

The best one I’ve known is the Honda Izzy. On my second one now and a real workhouse. I’ve got over 3 acres of land and have put it through hell but it keeps on going. They’re not cheap (and they’re petrol not electric) but quality seldom is.

“I’ve got three acres of land”

We need that Harry Enfield gif here again.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 19:55]

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Lawnmowers on 20:01 - Apr 12 with 1914 viewsNeath_Jack

Lawnmowers on 19:52 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

4 cars versus 3 acres, the decider

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Lawnmowers on 20:02 - Apr 12 with 1910 viewsjack2jack

Bloody hell Dicky I knew you were desperate for a haircut but that's a bit over the top.
Lawnmowers on 20:06 - Apr 12 with 1903 viewsBest_loser

Lawnmowers on 20:01 - Apr 12 by Neath_Jack

4 cars versus 3 acres, the decider

Lord pobbles of Southgate wins that I think
Lawnmowers on 20:26 - Apr 12 with 1869 viewswaynekerr55

Lawnmowers on 19:48 - Apr 12 by sP7qupUf

I have a very big lawn in my garden. The first thing I bought was a Mountfield lawnmower. Petrol. Never ever broke down. Had to change it last year due to the plastic casing breaking due to old age. I bought it in 1989. The engine was still running perfectly. Went to get another one but was advised that Mountfield no longer used Briggs and Straton engines but Honda ones. Maculloch use Briggs and Stratton so bought one of them. Delighted with it.

I had a bargain from Wickes last February, 80 quid for a petrol one. Great bit of kit powered by Briggs and Straton engine.

How often do you change the oil in yours?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Lawnmowers on 20:37 - Apr 12 with 1849 viewsDJack

Lawnmowers on 19:52 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not getting involved this time.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Lawnmowers on 20:38 - Apr 12 with 1843 viewsSwanjaxs

Lawnmowers on 18:47 - Apr 12 by builthjack

Get a goat?

The good old Penlan lawnmower 🐐

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Lawnmowers on 20:38 - Apr 12 with 1843 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I have a Masport, I only top the oil up and it's been good for 14 years so far, mind you I tried that with a Citroen only for it to explode on the M40.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Lawnmowers on 20:52 - Apr 12 with 1812 viewssainthelens

Lawnmowers on 18:52 - Apr 12 by union_jack

And.....?
We have a small gathering of young philipinos that come in weekly armed with a pair of scissors each.
How we Sketty folk roll.
Lawnmowers on 20:52 - Apr 12 with 1811 viewsmonmouth

I got a mountfield battery one to replace lugging a heavy petrol around. 3 years, zero maintenance, zero trouble and what used to take 2 hours what with prep and pissing about with petrol or oil now takes 45 mins. Plus no ridiculous costs of servicing. If you’re not obsessive and just want it cut, then recommended.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Lawnmowers on 20:54 - Apr 12 with 1803 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’ve got a Flymo. I tend to get through one per summer.

Lawnmowers on 20:56 - Apr 12 with 1787 viewsSwanjaxs

Lawnmowers on 20:52 - Apr 12 by sainthelens

And.....?
We have a small gathering of young philipinos that come in weekly armed with a pair of scissors each.
How we Sketty folk roll.

Ahhh Sketty...

A poor man's Tycoch 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Lawnmowers on 20:58 - Apr 12 with 1777 viewsJackfath

I've a Hayter Harrier.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Lawnmowers on 20:59 - Apr 12 with 1775 viewsGaryjack

Lawnmowers on 20:54 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

I've got a Qualcast. Had it nine years and leave it out to the elements at winter. Never felt the need to change it, and prob won't do until it finally gives up on me. The old girl has earned that.
Lawnmowers on 21:01 - Apr 12 with 1764 viewssainthelens

Lawnmowers on 20:56 - Apr 12 by Swanjaxs

Ahhh Sketty...

A poor man's Tycoch 😎

Those w@nkers have patios not grass.
Lawnmowers on 21:01 - Apr 12 with 1763 viewsdickythorpe

I'm just too aggressive on the first cut of the season.
It has been a bonkers time for me of late (if not the whole of the country's population)
I'm totally out of sync.
I decided to cut the grass today....guess what? Within 2 mins it started to rain!!!!!!!

Wasn't much precipitation bit it got me thinking that if there is a God, he's getting his money's worth out of me and has a cracking sense of humour.

Reminds me of this song's chorus.

[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 21:02]
Lawnmowers on 21:02 - Apr 12 with 1754 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lawnmowers on 20:59 - Apr 12 by Garyjack

I've got a Qualcast. Had it nine years and leave it out to the elements at winter. Never felt the need to change it, and prob won't do until it finally gives up on me. The old girl has earned that.

I borrowed my brother in law’s petrol thing a year ago when my annual flymo gave up the ghost a few weeks too early. But my acreage is a weird shape so it was no good. Rubbish cut too.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 21:04]

Lawnmowers on 21:06 - Apr 12 with 1736 viewsdickythorpe

Lawnmowers on 20:54 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

One flymo I ever had, never again only lasted me a year. Brilliant for my forearms, "glides over grass" be fúcked!!! Had to lift it most of the time, anyone watching would have thought I was mowing quicksand!!

Finally put me out of my misery when it hovered through the cable....thank fúck I had a circuit breaker!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024