Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timeline of government virus response 19:20 - Apr 13 with 4549 viewskarnataka

A long read but worth it

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/11/a-national-scandal-a-timeline-of-the-uk-gover
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 19:22]
Timeline of government virus response on 19:28 - Apr 13 with 3574 viewsPentyrchJack

It doesn't read well and where on earth were those so called "scientific experts" who flank Boris, Raab and Hancock? I know these pandemics are difficult to respond to but the UK hasn't covered itself well if this is to be believed.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Timeline of government virus response on 19:29 - Apr 13 with 3574 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

In early February my neighbour who is an oncologist was running a project to find and repair respirators in the NHS and told me you would not believe the preparations going on in hospitals.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Timeline of government virus response on 19:42 - Apr 13 with 3547 viewsdickythorpe

I believe information was kept from us.

Thing is it's NOW that counts.

But it's ridiculous looking back how lax we were, how underprepared we were.

Hancock told us we have "best labs in world going" to create a vaccine and testing would be in " full swing quickly.".......
Timeline of government virus response on 19:44 - Apr 13 with 3542 viewsDJack

Timeline of government virus response on 19:28 - Apr 13 by PentyrchJack

It doesn't read well and where on earth were those so called "scientific experts" who flank Boris, Raab and Hancock? I know these pandemics are difficult to respond to but the UK hasn't covered itself well if this is to be believed.

Those so called "scientific experts" were where they normally are... in post giving the best advice that they can, for the dick-headed politicos to either outright ignore them or to fudge the plan to suit ideology or some other "constraint".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Timeline of government virus response on 19:49 - Apr 13 with 3525 viewsdickythorpe

Dentists were fairly quick to cancel routine check ups.
But you do wonder if they had wanted to close sooner than March 17th (that's when my appointment was cancelled)
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 19:53]
Timeline of government virus response on 19:56 - Apr 13 with 3504 viewsexiledclaseboy

Timeline of government virus response on 19:49 - Apr 13 by dickythorpe

But you do wonder if they had wanted to close sooner than March 17th (that's when my appointment was cancelled)

11 March I had a filling. No special measures taken at that time from what I could tell.

Poll: Tory leader

Timeline of government virus response on 19:58 - Apr 13 with 3498 viewsDJack

Timeline of government virus response on 19:56 - Apr 13 by exiledclaseboy

11 March I had a filling. No special measures taken at that time from what I could tell.

Yeah but the dentist is OK with your breath, Dicky however...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Timeline of government virus response on 20:03 - Apr 13 with 3486 views3swan

Timeline of government virus response on 19:56 - Apr 13 by exiledclaseboy

They don't normally do measurements just fill and smooth.
Login to get fewer ads

Timeline of government virus response on 20:04 - Apr 13 with 3484 viewsexiledclaseboy

Timeline of government virus response on 20:03 - Apr 13 by 3swan

They don't normally do measurements just fill and smooth.

Boom boom!

Poll: Tory leader

Timeline of government virus response on 20:07 - Apr 13 with 3479 views3swan

Timeline of government virus response on 20:04 - Apr 13 by exiledclaseboy

Boom boom!

Basil Brush?
Timeline of government virus response on 20:08 - Apr 13 with 3472 viewsNeath_Jack

There's an article on Wales Online today, saying a lot of dentists are about to go out of business.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Timeline of government virus response on 20:08 - Apr 13 with 3468 viewsBest_loser

Dentists ran for the hills very quickly

Apparently 1 in 5 are close to bankrupcy, you would think they had funds to sustain a few weeks inactivity considering how much money they make

Maybe it's a ploy to get some government money, who knows

Never seen a poor dentist though
Timeline of government virus response on 20:12 - Apr 13 with 3455 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Why a new post, why not post it on the main Coronavirus post?
Timeline of government virus response on 20:50 - Apr 13 with 3420 viewsdickythorpe

Timeline of government virus response on 20:12 - Apr 13 by A_Fans_Dad

Cos it's getting very tedious on there and people arguing and clogging it up with stats they can't understand.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 21:15]
Timeline of government virus response on 22:11 - Apr 13 with 3366 viewskarnataka

Timeline of government virus response on 20:12 - Apr 13 by A_Fans_Dad

As dicky suggested, a thread that long tends to go off at relared tangents and sometimes unrelated tangents and some issues get lost whereas I hoped this thread could be a single topic discussion.
Timeline of government virus response on 22:18 - Apr 13 with 3345 viewsFireboy2

Timeline of government virus response on 20:50 - Apr 13 by dickythorpe

Cos it's getting very tedious on there and people arguing and clogging it up with stats they can't understand.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 21:15]

Well said Richard
Timeline of government virus response on 22:19 - Apr 13 with 3345 viewsSwanjaxs

Timeline of government virus response on 20:08 - Apr 13 by Neath_Jack

There's an article on Wales Online today, saying a lot of dentists are about to go out of business.

I suppose they are going to have to brace themselves...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Timeline of government virus response on 22:24 - Apr 13 with 3335 viewsdickythorpe

Timeline of government virus response on 22:19 - Apr 13 by Swanjaxs

I suppose they are going to have to brace themselves...

It could be goodbye , tartar some might say
Timeline of government virus response on 22:48 - Apr 13 with 3304 viewskarnataka

Another article about the government's handling of the situation

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/02/government-has-bought-no-covid-19-ho
Timeline of government virus response on 22:50 - Apr 13 with 3295 viewssainthelens

Piers be worth watching in the morning. Seems to be a real lack of an exit strategy from the Govt. Constant talk of a plan when there clearly isn't one.
Wonder if he'll pick up on all that ?
Timeline of government virus response on 23:30 - Apr 13 with 3255 viewssP7qupUf

It's all unravelling. It will be interesting to see how many tests are being carried out by 30th April. Hancock said very openly that it would be 100,000. They are a long way off that now with 16 days to go. The Archbishop of York summed it up on Question Time a couple of weeks ago... "promise less, deliver more"!!

On a side note, we also appear to be way behind in Wales as well. Capacity for 1100 tests a day but not getting above 800-900 with a promise of 9,000 by the end of the month.

What excuses will be trotted out this time around?
Timeline of government virus response on 23:34 - Apr 13 with 3250 viewsmajorraglan

The bylinetimes article paints a very poor picture, lots of the articles mentioned come from the Guardian which has really done a lot of investigative work.
The challenge posed by COVID19 is huge and pretty much every government will be overwhelmed, what we need to now is was our lot a sleep at the wheel.
Timeline of government virus response on 12:13 - Apr 14 with 3125 viewsNortbankboy

Timeline of government virus response on 23:34 - Apr 13 by majorraglan

The bylinetimes article paints a very poor picture, lots of the articles mentioned come from the Guardian which has really done a lot of investigative work.
The challenge posed by COVID19 is huge and pretty much every government will be overwhelmed, what we need to now is was our lot a sleep at the wheel.

I think they are telling a few fibs in these daily virus updates.
Timeline of government virus response on 12:47 - Apr 14 with 3107 viewsdickythorpe

Vaughan Gethin is on BBC 1 Wales now giving a daily briefing.
I know 2 NHS workers who from today have to self isolate.....they have no idea if and when they'll be tested.
Timeline of government virus response on 12:51 - Apr 14 with 3103 viewskarnataka

Timeline of government virus response on 23:34 - Apr 13 by majorraglan

Asleep at the wheel?

This part really irks me:

13 February 2020: Between 13 February and 30 March the UK misses a total of eight conference calls or meetings about coronavirus between EU heads of state or health ministers. (Reuters)

Now if I remember correctly, the start of that period is when Johnson went on holiday with Carrie Symons and spent 11 days in what has been described as a 'palatial mansion' when we already had C-19 cases in the UK at the end of January and the whole shitstorm had assembled on the horizon waiting to attack. Panic buying was starting but not widespread and Italy was already really struggling. If Johnson left someone in charge for those 11 days, then whoever it was fecked up by not getting us involved in conference calls/meetings and if he didn't leave someone in charge, then he has fecked up by not leaving someone in charge. But whoever fecked up, asleep at the wheel is a very apt description at a time when we had several opportunities to get ahead of the curve, which is something we still haven't managed, probably as a result of those missed opportunities in February.

As you say, the challenge posed by Covid-19 is huge, but it should be far worse for those countries caught off guard when it first started while quite a few other countries may have had weeks or months to prepare if their governments had been more on the ball.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 14:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024