Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Actor Brian Dennehy has Passed Away at 81 19:17 - Apr 16 with 3856 viewsjackharris

Absolutely loved him as ‘Sheriff Will Teasle’ in Rambo First Blood. RIP
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 19:24]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

‘Sheriff’ Brian Dennehy 81, RIP on 19:19 - Apr 16 with 3846 viewssainthelens

His portrayal of John ( serial killer) Gacey was excellent.
RIP big fella.
Always enjoyed any film he was in.
‘Sheriff’ Brian Dennehy 81, RIP on 19:21 - Apr 16 with 3839 viewsdickythorpe

"FX the Artof illusion" is a classic.

RIP

[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 19:27]
Actor Brian Dennehy has Passed Away at 81 on 20:01 - Apr 16 with 3777 viewstheloneranger

I liked watching his characters in many films over the years, and watched a bio about him many years ago, where he talked about how he served a five-year tour as a Marine in Vietnam, and how he was wounded in action and was awarded the Purple Heart ...

BUT ...

He did actually serve in the United States Marine Corps from 1958 to 1963 in Okinawa, but he never set foot in Vietnam.

He later publicly admitted to his deceit, when he realised he was about to be outed, and apologised saying ...

"I lied about serving in Vietnam and I’m sorry. I did not mean to take away from the actions and the sacrifices of the ones who did really serve there … I did steal valor. That was very wrong of me. There is no real excuse for that. I was a peace-time Marine, and I got out in 1963 without ever serving in Vietnam … I started the story that I had been in ‘Nam, and I got stuck with it. Then I didn’t know how to set the record straight.”
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 20:11]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Actor Brian Dennehy has Passed Away at 81 on 20:41 - Apr 16 with 3735 viewsThrasher6

Actor Brian Dennehy has Passed Away at 81 on 20:01 - Apr 16 by theloneranger

I liked watching his characters in many films over the years, and watched a bio about him many years ago, where he talked about how he served a five-year tour as a Marine in Vietnam, and how he was wounded in action and was awarded the Purple Heart ...

BUT ...

He did actually serve in the United States Marine Corps from 1958 to 1963 in Okinawa, but he never set foot in Vietnam.

He later publicly admitted to his deceit, when he realised he was about to be outed, and apologised saying ...

"I lied about serving in Vietnam and I’m sorry. I did not mean to take away from the actions and the sacrifices of the ones who did really serve there … I did steal valor. That was very wrong of me. There is no real excuse for that. I was a peace-time Marine, and I got out in 1963 without ever serving in Vietnam … I started the story that I had been in ‘Nam, and I got stuck with it. Then I didn’t know how to set the record straight.”

Oh dear....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Actor Brian Dennehy has Passed Away at 81 on 20:46 - Apr 16 with 3716 viewssainthelens

Actor Brian Dennehy has Passed Away at 81 on 20:01 - Apr 16 by theloneranger

BUT ...

Couldn't catch Rambo either.
‘Sheriff’ Brian Dennehy 81, RIP on 20:50 - Apr 16 with 3709 viewsGaryjack

‘Sheriff’ Brian Dennehy 81, RIP on 19:19 - Apr 16 by sainthelens

His portrayal of John ( serial killer) Gacey was excellent.
RIP big fella.
Always enjoyed any film he was in.

To Catch a Killer. Brilliant movie.

RIP
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 20:50]
Actor Brian Dennehy has Passed Away at 81 on 21:11 - Apr 16 with 3672 viewsBrynCartwright

Watched most of Cocoon again the other day, with the delightful Tahnee Welch. Sorry to hear he's gone.

RIP

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024