Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cocker Spaniel. 21:58 - Apr 19 with 8904 viewslifelong

Someone close wants one, any recommendations for breeders of such dogs would be gratefully received. 👍
Cocker Spaniel. on 11:41 - Apr 20 with 1812 views1983

Cocker Spaniel. on 11:21 - Apr 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Most rescue dogs are mongrels (we've had three) so are most people who take on rescue dogs @rseholes?

Cocker Spaniel. on 11:45 - Apr 20 with 1804 viewsFireboy2

Cocker Spaniel. on 11:41 - Apr 20 by 1983

Jesus wept

Thank you

You did say that doodles were mongrel, for which you are correct, an expensive doodle at that.

But you also did label doodle owners as @rseholes, did you not?
Cocker Spaniel. on 11:50 - Apr 20 with 1799 viewsSwanjaxs

Christ on a bike.

The op was simply asking for recommendations for a trusted cocker spaniel breeder and once again, in true planet swans fashion, it's going to end up a five pager and a slanging match or three...

Hope the op gets the advice he's seeking 🙏

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cocker Spaniel. on 11:53 - Apr 20 with 1798 views1983

Cocker Spaniel. on 11:45 - Apr 20 by Fireboy2

You did say that doodles were mongrel, for which you are correct, an expensive doodle at that.

But you also did label doodle owners as @rseholes, did you not?

I'm sorry there I've said it...

OK here we go again why would a "person" pay hundreds & hundreds of pounds for a mongrel when you can go to many dog rescue centres who are crying out for owners and pay a fraction of the price for a mongrel ? A dogs love is unconditional no matter what you or the dog looks like...

Cocker Spaniel. on 12:06 - Apr 20 with 1787 viewsFireboy2

Cocker Spaniel. on 11:53 - Apr 20 by 1983

I'm sorry there I've said it...

OK here we go again why would a "person" pay hundreds & hundreds of pounds for a mongrel when you can go to many dog rescue centres who are crying out for owners and pay a fraction of the price for a mongrel ? A dogs love is unconditional no matter what you or the dog looks like...

Because some people (my missus) dont like the smell and mess the dogs for make.

Doodles, as you know being a dog lover, dont smell or moult, they have the intelligence of the poodle and the boisterous of the cocker spaniel which makes them a great family pet, although most dogs would make a great family pet.

I took slight umbrage when you called doodle owners @rseholes but didnt take it too much to heart as I absolutely love my youngest son as I call him and wouldnt change him for a 'proper' dog, in fact I'd rather have 3 dogs instead of 2 boys and a dog.

Fwiw I wanted a labrador but the missus put her foot down until she fell in love with a cockapoo.

Btw you are right, a dogs love is unconditional.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 12:16]
Cocker Spaniel. on 12:11 - Apr 20 with 1771 viewsJackfath

Cocker Spaniel. on 12:06 - Apr 20 by Fireboy2

Doodles, as you know being a dog lover, dont smell or moult, they have the intelligence of the poodle and the boisterous of the cocker spaniel which makes them a great family pet, although most dogs would make a great family pet.

I took slight umbrage when you called doodle owners @rseholes but didnt take it too much to heart as I absolutely love my youngest son as I call him and wouldnt change him for a 'proper' dog, in fact I'd rather have 3 dogs instead of 2 boys and a dog.

Fwiw I wanted a labrador but the missus put her foot down until she fell in love with a cockapoo.

Are you saying your missus loves a cockatoo?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cocker Spaniel. on 12:15 - Apr 20 with 1770 viewsFireboy2

Cocker Spaniel. on 12:11 - Apr 20 by Jackfath

Are you saying your missus loves a cockatoo?

Fvcking predictive text😡
Cocker Spaniel. on 16:28 - Apr 20 with 1685 viewsunion_jack

Mine’s a vicious attack anything guard dog.

I have to say that in case someone wants to burgle me 😉

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Cocker Spaniel. on 18:54 - Apr 20 with 1619 viewsGowerjack

Cocker Spaniel. on 09:19 - Apr 20 by Lohengrin

The King of Canines.

Heavy smokers..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:05 - Apr 20 with 1599 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cocker Spaniel. on 12:06 - Apr 20 by Fireboy2

Get a standard mun, standard poodles are the best . Intelligent, don’t shed, don’t smell. Friendly and docile, great around kids

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:08 - Apr 20 with 1593 viewslondonlisa2001

Cocker Spaniel. on 09:59 - Apr 20 by pencoedjack

King of dogs in a Weimaraner awesome dogs as long as you have loads of time for walking & training.

Mine has been gone for close to 2 years now still miss him.

Got a Vizsla now she's a great dog as well.

“ Got a Vizsla now she's a great dog as well.”

Best dogs on the planet.
Cocker Spaniel. on 19:32 - Apr 20 with 1573 viewsLohengrin

Cocker Spaniel. on 18:54 - Apr 20 by Gowerjack

Heavy smokers..

Anybody under the age of fifty would be scratching their heads at that.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:34 - Apr 20 with 1569 viewsLohengrin

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:08 - Apr 20 by londonlisa2001

“ Got a Vizsla now she's a great dog as well.”

Best dogs on the planet.

Not that you’re biased or anything...

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:36 - Apr 20 with 1563 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:32 - Apr 20 by Lohengrin

Anybody under the age of fifty would be scratching their heads at that.

I’m 48 and I got it.

Poll: Tory leader

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:36 - Apr 20 with 1561 viewsLohengrin

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:36 - Apr 20 by exiledclaseboy

I’m 48 and I got it.

Congratulations. Have a Benson.

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:41 - Apr 20 with 1553 viewslondonlisa2001

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:34 - Apr 20 by Lohengrin

Not that you’re biased or anything...

My girl is snuggled up on my lap at the moment.

Stunning she is.
Cocker Spaniel. on 21:26 - Apr 20 with 1506 viewsCatullus

Cocker Spaniel. on 19:41 - Apr 20 by londonlisa2001

My girl is snuggled up on my lap at the moment.

Stunning she is.

They are stunning,

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/dog-breeds/hungarian-vizsla/

but I'll still go to a rescue centre because many dogs are stunning and I don't like giving breeders money, personal choice.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cocker Spaniel. on 21:34 - Apr 20 with 1496 viewsGlastonbury

I've got 2 working cockers brilliant dogs Housty kennels in velindre they have loads there.
Cocker Spaniel. on 21:40 - Apr 20 with 1489 viewsFlashberryjack

Cocker Spaniel. on 21:26 - Apr 20 by Catullus

They are stunning,

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/dog-breeds/hungarian-vizsla/

but I'll still go to a rescue centre because many dogs are stunning and I don't like giving breeders money, personal choice.

It would depend what you regard as breeders, if you are referring to puppy farmers, then you are perfectly correct in your thinking.

But I know a lot of people that "breed dogs" but they are occasional breeders, usually to keep one or maybe two for themselves and will sell the rest of the litter.

The dam and sire of the litter would have been health checked for hereditary illness, K.C registered, microchipped, wormed and had their first vaccination, and the breeders are pretty vigilant over who they sell to.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cocker Spaniel. on 21:53 - Apr 20 with 1478 viewsCatullus

Cocker Spaniel. on 21:40 - Apr 20 by Flashberryjack

It would depend what you regard as breeders, if you are referring to puppy farmers, then you are perfectly correct in your thinking.

But I know a lot of people that "breed dogs" but they are occasional breeders, usually to keep one or maybe two for themselves and will sell the rest of the litter.

The dam and sire of the litter would have been health checked for hereditary illness, K.C registered, microchipped, wormed and had their first vaccination, and the breeders are pretty vigilant over who they sell to.

I just think there are plenty of good dogs in rescue centres that deserve good homes. With so many homless dogs I think deliberately breeding a lot more is a poor decision.

Like I said, personal choice. Even the good breeders are only in it for the money. They may look after the dogs properly but I have seen some terrible things.

My sister went to buy 2 Clumber Spaniels, the breeder had a runt that he was planning on putting down, my sis said she'd take him and the owner wouldn't give the dog away. She bought 2 including the runt and both dogs were dead within 2 years from congenital problems. She got 2 more (puppies) from a different breeder and one didn't last 6 months. I won't get pure breed dogs because far too many are over bred and the KC has a lot to answer for regarding the 'standards' they set which see many breeds develop problems.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cocker Spaniel. on 09:33 - Apr 21 with 1398 viewsEbo

We have a King Charles Cavalier. The friendliest and most charming breed. Fantastic with kids and they have such a friendly demeanor. Not a bad bone in her body as she wants to make friends with everyone. Best pals with our cat too.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Cocker Spaniel. on 15:24 - Apr 21 with 1333 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I’ve got a two year old working cocker, fantastic companion dogs and never barks so good whilst living in a semi-detached house! Would fully recommend the breed!
Cocker Spaniel. on 16:18 - Apr 21 with 1321 viewsFireboy2

Cocker Spaniel. on 15:24 - Apr 21 by exiledinenglandjack

I’ve got a two year old working cocker, fantastic companion dogs and never barks so good whilst living in a semi-detached house! Would fully recommend the breed!

I'd love to have a working cocker or a labrador but as I've said in an earlier post the missus (boss) wont have a real dog.
Cocker Spaniel. on 16:29 - Apr 21 with 1308 viewsWxmJax

My uncle was a dog judge and had a couple of spaniels. We'd look after his dogs and house in Hampshire while he was away on holiday.
As we arrived there was a chicken cooking. He gave us our instructions and told us there was fillet steak in the freezer for the dogs (it was on offer at Waitrose) and that when the chicken was cooked, let it cool and give it to the dogs with some biscuits.

Then he said there was a pizza in the freezer for us.

After he'd left for the airport I was straight around Budgens for a few cans of Chum and some veg.
The look on the dogs faces when I fed them the Chum was funny, it didn't put me off my roast chicken dinner though. I don't think they ate for 2 days and even then it was only dog biscuits.
When he returned he couldn't believe the welcome the dogs gave him
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 16:32]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Cocker Spaniel. on 16:39 - Apr 21 with 1297 viewsLohengrin

Cocker Spaniel. on 16:29 - Apr 21 by WxmJax

My uncle was a dog judge and had a couple of spaniels. We'd look after his dogs and house in Hampshire while he was away on holiday.
As we arrived there was a chicken cooking. He gave us our instructions and told us there was fillet steak in the freezer for the dogs (it was on offer at Waitrose) and that when the chicken was cooked, let it cool and give it to the dogs with some biscuits.

Then he said there was a pizza in the freezer for us.

After he'd left for the airport I was straight around Budgens for a few cans of Chum and some veg.
The look on the dogs faces when I fed them the Chum was funny, it didn't put me off my roast chicken dinner though. I don't think they ate for 2 days and even then it was only dog biscuits.
When he returned he couldn't believe the welcome the dogs gave him
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 16:32]

Uncle Rufus from Ruthin?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024