Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fox Hunting - what do you think? 23:03 - Apr 20 with 6594 viewsPentyrchJack

Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 00:12 - Apr 21 with 3792 viewsairedale

It will never catch on.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 09:24 - Apr 21 with 3696 viewsoldcob

Thy are a cute looking animal with lovely big eyes, but that's where the nice-ness ends I'm afraid. My uncle was a farmer, in lambing season he'd go to check on how the lambing was going only to find all the new born lambs and some pregnant ewes with their throats ripped open by foxes. In the same year he found over a hundred turkeys he'd been fattening all year for Christmas slaughtered in their coop just two weeks before Christmas. A big hit on a small holder. I agree hunting with dogs can be barbaric (though they don't catch many) and should be banned, it's barbaric, but I believe the foxes should be controlled. They are already in urban areas attacking and killing pets, and many believe if they start 'packing' young children would be in danger. It's a difficult one, whilst I am anti hunting with dogs I also believe they should be controlled.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 09:29 - Apr 21 with 3690 viewsWhiterockin

I have yet to see a hunt heading down the Kingsway in chase of an urban fox. So the ban must be working.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 3682 viewsdickythorpe

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 09:24 - Apr 21 by oldcob

Thy are a cute looking animal with lovely big eyes, but that's where the nice-ness ends I'm afraid. My uncle was a farmer, in lambing season he'd go to check on how the lambing was going only to find all the new born lambs and some pregnant ewes with their throats ripped open by foxes. In the same year he found over a hundred turkeys he'd been fattening all year for Christmas slaughtered in their coop just two weeks before Christmas. A big hit on a small holder. I agree hunting with dogs can be barbaric (though they don't catch many) and should be banned, it's barbaric, but I believe the foxes should be controlled. They are already in urban areas attacking and killing pets, and many believe if they start 'packing' young children would be in danger. It's a difficult one, whilst I am anti hunting with dogs I also believe they should be controlled.

I had my car nicked from outside my house, house burgled......can they hunt burglers instead?
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 09:41 - Apr 21 with 3676 viewsSwanjaxs

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 09:29 - Apr 21 by Whiterockin

I have yet to see a hunt heading down the Kingsway in chase of an urban fox. So the ban must be working.

Head on over to Wind St you want to.

Ours hunt humans though, hopefully joy riders 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46685419
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 9:42]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 10:03 - Apr 21 with 3654 viewsJackinexile1

Since the lock down I've seen a lot more urban foxes, I didn't try and hunt them though.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 10:19 - Apr 21 with 3631 viewsoldcob

Let me reiterate, I do NOT agree with fox hunting with dogs, but I think they will need to be controlled. It's cruel to poison rats too, but rats are not cute looking, so that's okay. Foxes will need to be controlled if not now, eventually.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 11:43 - Apr 21 with 3576 viewspikeypaul

Let’s have a referendum on it.

But hey we would Probably have people not accepting the will of the British people and democracy.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 11:49 - Apr 21 with 3577 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 14:24 - Apr 21 with 3487 viewsSwanjaxs

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 11:43 - Apr 21 by pikeypaul

Let’s have a referendum on it.

But hey we would Probably have people not accepting the will of the British people and democracy.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

OUT

AFLI

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 14:32 - Apr 21 with 3476 viewsItchySphincter

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 09:24 - Apr 21 by oldcob

They don’t pack though, do they?

The ones round by me are very non aggressive and spend more time waiting for people to put out scraps than going through bins and terrorising pets. We’ve always had a cat around he place and the foxes have always cohabited peacefully with them. I think foxes are instinctively scared of cats, hence why some zoos sell tiger shit for you to put in the garden.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 14:41 - Apr 21 with 3465 viewssainthelens

Can we discuss beaver hunting instead?
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 15:46 - Apr 21 with 3413 viewsoldcob

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 14:32 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

They don’t pack though, do they?

The ones round by me are very non aggressive and spend more time waiting for people to put out scraps than going through bins and terrorising pets. We’ve always had a cat around he place and the foxes have always cohabited peacefully with them. I think foxes are instinctively scared of cats, hence why some zoos sell tiger shit for you to put in the garden.

Of course they pack, they are canine, same as wolves and dogs. If they are starving they'll hunt small animals, that's their instinct. Lucky for your cat people are feeding the foxes, either putting food out for them or being clumsy when discarding it. People get mystified when cats go missing, have you never noticed how a lot of cats go missing in the same area? Not always but usually down to foxes. Ironically they are hunters by instinct, and have a blood lust, hence the killing of 100 of my uncles turkeys and making off with one. It's okay though, they look so cute.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 15:54]
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 15:57 - Apr 21 with 3400 viewsHighjack

Just to play devils advocate here, what’s the difference between fox hunting and fishing? Why is one considered a gentle relaxing wholesome activity and the other a cold, ruthless, evil bloodsport?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 16:06 - Apr 21 with 3385 viewsWhiterockin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 15:57 - Apr 21 by Highjack

Just to play devils advocate here, what’s the difference between fox hunting and fishing? Why is one considered a gentle relaxing wholesome activity and the other a cold, ruthless, evil bloodsport?

Because as a general rule the upper classes hunt and the working class fish.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 16:14 - Apr 21 with 3378 viewsFireboy2

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 16:06 - Apr 21 by Whiterockin

Because as a general rule the upper classes hunt and the working class fish.

Both are for sport but one is where the participants howl and guffaw at an animal getting ripped to pieces and the other the living being is put back to live another day after being caught.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 16:26 - Apr 21 with 3367 viewsHighjack

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 16:14 - Apr 21 by Fireboy2

Both are for sport but one is where the participants howl and guffaw at an animal getting ripped to pieces and the other the living being is put back to live another day after being caught.

If it is put back it’s highly stressed with a massive hook shaped gaping hole in its mouth.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 16:42 - Apr 21 with 3356 viewsoldcob

Who was it who described fox hunting as "the unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible", about sums it up.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 16:50 - Apr 21 with 3350 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 16:42 - Apr 21 by oldcob

Who was it who described fox hunting as "the unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible", about sums it up.

Oscar Wilde.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 16:57 - Apr 21 with 3345 viewsCatullus

Maybe because, for the most part fishing is done for food but fox hunting is for fun. Sport fishing, where they put the fish back is cruel and pointless to me, take the fish home and eat it and leave foxes to the farmers or trained experts that will humanely kill foxes.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:03 - Apr 21 with 3338 viewsProfessor

Fish are much less sentient that a fox. Will experience more terror etc.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:06 - Apr 21 with 3333 viewsProfessor

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 15:46 - Apr 21 by oldcob

Of course they pack, they are canine, same as wolves and dogs. If they are starving they'll hunt small animals, that's their instinct. Lucky for your cat people are feeding the foxes, either putting food out for them or being clumsy when discarding it. People get mystified when cats go missing, have you never noticed how a lot of cats go missing in the same area? Not always but usually down to foxes. Ironically they are hunters by instinct, and have a blood lust, hence the killing of 100 of my uncles turkeys and making off with one. It's okay though, they look so cute.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 15:54]

No-small family groups of mated pairs and their cubs. Generally thought to be somewhat wary of cats. Most missing cats are not being killed by anything other than bipedal higher primates and the odd domestic dog. Rarely kill sheep and pretty much only weaker lambs. Back yard poultry, rodents and lagomorphs-absolutely
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:24 - Apr 21 with 3322 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:06 - Apr 21 by Professor

No-small family groups of mated pairs and their cubs. Generally thought to be somewhat wary of cats. Most missing cats are not being killed by anything other than bipedal higher primates and the odd domestic dog. Rarely kill sheep and pretty much only weaker lambs. Back yard poultry, rodents and lagomorphs-absolutely

Lagomorpha! You could have just said Hare and Rabbit mind.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:28 - Apr 21 with 3313 viewsPegojack

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:24 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

That's a pub in Bridgend isn't it?
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:29 - Apr 21 with 3311 viewsCatullus

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:24 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

Wasn't lagomorph on 'Take Hart'?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024