Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover 19:01 - Apr 21 with 3464 viewsHeadmaster

Amnesty International have written to the Premier League expressing concern over Newcastle's takeover by a Saudi-backed consortium.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11976635/newcastle-takeover-amnest

I've said before how uncomfortable I'd be if something like that were to happen to our club. Newcastle fans on Twitter now have the Saudi flag in their handles ffs. How easily football can take precedence over human rights.
Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 19:51 - Apr 21 with 3423 viewspencoedjack

Might be in the minority but I’d be ecstatic if they were buying us

There are many corrupt owners of football clubs who fall foul of human rights.

I’ll get my tin hat
Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 20:23 - Apr 21 with 3401 viewsCatullus

I reckon this pandemic will throw up plenty of investment opportunities for the cash rich. The Saudi's (so I've read) are worried about the post pandemic world and the effect on oil dependent economies.
Once this is over we might see the Saudi's have put their fingers into plenty of new pies.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be happy if we were bought by a Saudi concern. I've read that all this investment could be a long term plan to have them embedded culturally in the West and so appear more friendly and acceptable. It's not an anti muslim thing, its that I don't like the Saudi Royal family or how they behave, toiwards their own people as much as to anyone else. Buying another EPL club isn't about making Newcastle succesful for the sake of it. It's about influence, in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 21:34 - Apr 21 with 3362 viewsmonmouth

Football is just a festering lump of shit.

If we were bought by this lot I certainly wouldn't go near the place again. Do people seriously have no morals of any sort?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 21:43 - Apr 21 with 3350 viewsFireboy2

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 21:34 - Apr 21 by monmouth

Football is just a festering lump of shit.

If we were bought by this lot I certainly wouldn't go near the place again. Do people seriously have no morals of any sort?

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 07:53 - Apr 22 with 3254 viewsNotLoyal

Football has no scruples, look at Stoke, all of a sudden McLean is OK where before he wasn't. A basic example but people care for nothing if their club is rich or doing well.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 07:55 - Apr 22 with 3252 views34dfgdf54

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 20:23 - Apr 21 by Catullus

I reckon this pandemic will throw up plenty of investment opportunities for the cash rich. The Saudi's (so I've read) are worried about the post pandemic world and the effect on oil dependent economies.
Once this is over we might see the Saudi's have put their fingers into plenty of new pies.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be happy if we were bought by a Saudi concern. I've read that all this investment could be a long term plan to have them embedded culturally in the West and so appear more friendly and acceptable. It's not an anti muslim thing, its that I don't like the Saudi Royal family or how they behave, toiwards their own people as much as to anyone else. Buying another EPL club isn't about making Newcastle succesful for the sake of it. It's about influence, in my opinion.

From what I've been told by contacts in work, Saudi's are purposely pumping out the oil to basically shaft the Iranians. I don't think the Pandemic is worrying the Saudi's too much.
Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 08:40 - Apr 22 with 3213 viewsWarwickHunt

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 19:51 - Apr 21 by pencoedjack

I’ll get my tin hat

Get some superglue to put your head back on after they’ve chopped it off.
Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 10:13 - Apr 22 with 3168 viewsMrSwerve

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 19:51 - Apr 21 by pencoedjack

I’ll get my tin hat

I suspect most fans would forget all about it after a big cash injection and promotion.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 10:18 - Apr 22 with 3162 viewsWarwickHunt

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 10:13 - Apr 22 by MrSwerve

I suspect most fans would forget all about it after a big cash injection and promotion.

Saudi Arabia is probably the only justification for the existence of the neutron bomb.
Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 10:41 - Apr 22 with 3147 viewspencoedjack

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 10:13 - Apr 22 by MrSwerve

The fans with morals will soon be replaced by those going to champions league finals.

Some might not like it but that's a fact.
Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 10:48 - Apr 22 with 3140 viewsDr_Winston

I'd still go but I wouldn't take as much pride in it.

What we achieved between 2004 & 2014 was perfect. A club with no subsidy, living within its means taking on and beating teams with ten times our financial power. Wouldn't have been as impressive or meant as much if it'd been paid for with petrodollars.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 12:19 - Apr 22 with 3098 viewsCatullus

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 07:55 - Apr 22 by 34dfgdf54

From what I've been told by contacts in work, Saudi's are purposely pumping out the oil to basically shaft the Iranians. I don't think the Pandemic is worrying the Saudi's too much.

I'm not saying the pandemic is worrying them but that they are worried by how the world will look afterwards.
They are causing a crash in oil prices to cripple economic rivals while they are cash rich (mahoosive understatement) and can survive through it. With rivals struggling the Saud family start buying up assets at batgain prices leaving them very well placed for the future.

Is 30 millin a bargain for an EPL club with a 52000 stadium? Ashley was asking for over 400 miilion but Forbes has them around 300.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 17:20 - Apr 22 with 3032 viewsdunvantjack100

Read somewhere that if this sale goes through, Newcastle will have a greater wealth than the other 19 Premier League clubs combined, which is staggering.

If it does go through, could be the start of big things up in the toon.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:20 - Apr 22 with 3016 viewspencoedjack

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 20:13 - Apr 22 with 2981 viewsmonmouth

I quite liked them in the 70s when they were working class at their roots, I felt sorry for them under the scumbag Ashley. If this goes through I hope they crash and burn massively. If it was something more ethical I wouldn't mind someone else kicking the shit out of the 'big clubs'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 20:32 - Apr 22 with 2965 viewsOldjack

Newcastle fans won't give a shyte about Amnesty . such is the nature of the game theses days

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 20:51 - Apr 22 with 2952 viewsplasjack

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 20:32 - Apr 22 by Oldjack

Newcastle fans won't give a shyte about Amnesty . such is the nature of the game theses days

Money talks, lucky we have a Hedge Fund to look after our interests in this Pandemic.
Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 20:54 - Apr 22 with 2947 viewsOldjack

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 20:51 - Apr 22 by plasjack

Money talks, lucky we have a Hedge Fund to look after our interests in this Pandemic.

yea they'll chip in to keep us going

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 21:33 - Apr 22 with 2917 viewsGaryjack

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 17:20 - Apr 22 by dunvantjack100

Read somewhere that if this sale goes through, Newcastle will have a greater wealth than the other 19 Premier League clubs combined, which is staggering.

If it does go through, could be the start of big things up in the toon.

Erm. That can't possibly be true can it? Maybe the owners wealth will be more than the other 19 clubs combined, but unless they intend to gift all of that wealth to Newcastle Utd, then it's bollocks!
Though they will obviously go to another level, They will still have to abide by FFP, and that ain't easy anymore unless you are a global brand, as Man City are starting to find out.
Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 21:39 - Apr 22 with 2904 viewsNotLoyal

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 21:33 - Apr 22 by Garyjack

Erm. That can't possibly be true can it? Maybe the owners wealth will be more than the other 19 clubs combined, but unless they intend to gift all of that wealth to Newcastle Utd, then it's bollocks!
Though they will obviously go to another level, They will still have to abide by FFP, and that ain't easy anymore unless you are a global brand, as Man City are starting to find out.

And not every team can win every week.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 13:28 - Apr 26 with 2712 viewsDewi1jack

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 10:48 - Apr 22 by Dr_Winston

I'd still go but I wouldn't take as much pride in it.

What we achieved between 2004 & 2014 was perfect. A club with no subsidy, living within its means taking on and beating teams with ten times our financial power. Wouldn't have been as impressive or meant as much if it'd been paid for with petrodollars.

Agree with that.

But after what Dimwit, Shagger, Beaky Van clog and the rest of the b'stards did to the Trust during their hit and run on the Yanks, personally I no longer give a sh1t who owns us.

We were a beautiful, small club that certainly gave us a lot of pride when beating City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal (regularly!!!!), Chelsea and all the rest.
2 great days out at Wemberleeee from the time of Sousa.
Lovely trips around Europe
No delusions of grandeur unlike our Eastern Cousins at Barcadiff/ Cardalona.

All soured by our previous owners behaviour.
Fresh start with whatever owners may be a good idea

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 18:10 - Apr 26 with 2659 viewsCatullus

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 13:28 - Apr 26 by Dewi1jack

Agree with that.

But after what Dimwit, Shagger, Beaky Van clog and the rest of the b'stards did to the Trust during their hit and run on the Yanks, personally I no longer give a sh1t who owns us.

We were a beautiful, small club that certainly gave us a lot of pride when beating City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal (regularly!!!!), Chelsea and all the rest.
2 great days out at Wemberleeee from the time of Sousa.
Lovely trips around Europe
No delusions of grandeur unlike our Eastern Cousins at Barcadiff/ Cardalona.

All soured by our previous owners behaviour.
Fresh start with whatever owners may be a good idea

A fresh start with decent owners yes, but the Saudi's, hell no. As others have said though, I'd quickly be replaced if we became succesful because that seems to be all younger football fans are interested in.

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 18:33 - Apr 26 with 2646 viewsDewi1jack

Amnesty write to Premier League about Newcastle's Takeover on 18:10 - Apr 26 by Catullus

A fresh start with decent owners yes, but the Saudi's, hell no. As others have said though, I'd quickly be replaced if we became succesful because that seems to be all younger football fans are interested in.

Trouble is, money talks and as much as we don't like it, it talks quite loudly.
I do believe our ex owners (or our present hedge fund for that matter) would have sold the club to Kim Jong/ Stalin/ PolPot or Hitler if any of them had come up with the notes

Saudi, according to many supposed top governments can't do too much wrong. Amazing what money can buy!

There will be no problems with the fit and proper persons test from the FA either.
Look at some of the criminals who've been passed fit and proper!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024