Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Rhyl FC 10:40 - Apr 22 with 6424 viewsLandore_Jack

Former Welsh champions Rhyl FC are set to close down after 141 years of existence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52376408

#backtojack

RIP Rhyl FC on 16:08 - Apr 28 with 1588 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/23/wales-cl

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

RIP Rhyl FC on 16:30 - Apr 28 with 1574 viewsKilkennyjack

RIP Rhyl FC on 12:43 - Apr 27 by BarrySwan

I can only assume that you never attend a LOW game.

The standard of basic ball skills are almost too low to comment on and the crowds, aka the Welsh public who attend are virtually non existent.

I do go half a dozen times a season and never cease to be amazed by the incredibly poor standard of play. A crying shame about the demise of Rhyl however, it's always sad to see a club go under whatever system or tier that they play in.

As regards the super financial situation that you describe including the charming cosy little earning medium for failed Academy players who aren't good enough to earn a full time living in the sport, I've lost count of how many times Barry have gone bust, so many times that they have used up so many reformed club names that they are actually ludicrously officially called Barry Town United at the moment as they run out of relevant names under which to reform as a new financial entity

Here's a little tale about how close Cardiff City were to landing up in the League of Wales ( and presumably oblivion) in the 1990s.

A good friend of mine who I grew up and went to school with who was a very good semi pro player playing for several sides in the English pyramid set up just below league level told me several years ago that back in the 90s he received an evening call off Rick Wright.

My friends family had operated concessions at Barry Island owned by Wright for some years and he still ran a business at the time at the fair ground and was a fairly close friend.

He said that Wright had rung him to tell him that he had decided to take Cardiff City into the League of Wales following urgings from the FAW that all Welsh teams should play in their 'new baby'.

My friend said that after almost fainting at the news he was unsuccessful in persuading Wright over the phone not to do anything so daft despite pointing out that it would be the end of Cardiff City as a serious footballing entity.

After the initial failure to bring Wright round to his senses he jumped in his car and dashed round to Wright's house in order to try and reverse his decision, he found several other acquaintances of Wrights who he had rung with the same story already there all trying to talk him out of the madness that he had decided to embark on.

My mate maintained that they all stayed until the early hours of the next morning as he was adamant that he was taking Cardiff into the LOW before they all finally managed to talk him out of it by the skin of their teeth and they all left still fearing that he might reverse his reversal and still pull Cardiff out of the Football League.

Fortunately for Welsh football he didn't.

[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 10:53]

I have been to many games thanks and probably visited every ground, except Caernarfon.

Seen a few European games as well.

You have no clue about football if you think its not improving year on year.
Standard and facilities.

In March 2019, the Wales c team drew 2-2 with England c team.
Majority of the English team are full time pros in the Conference.
Maybe Wales just got lucky..?

Laughable comments mate.
And unfair on the clubs and players.
Nobody is saying its Real Madrid but its a good standard these days.

Beware of the Risen People

RIP Rhyl FC on 16:31 - Apr 28 with 1572 viewsBarrySwan

RIP Rhyl FC on 16:08 - Apr 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/23/wales-cl

And there you have the kicker in the last paragraph of the report Tommy.

A quota of non deserved non merited selections for the national side from substandard LOW players.

Are you one of the FAW geniuses that I've been alluding to?

Or Bobby Gould in disguise?

"Domestically, Wales has a long way to go to reduce the gulf between TNS and the rest. Suggestions (made by TNS) such as reducing the number of teams from 12 to eight or introducing a Welsh Premier League quota for the national side have been mooted. But in continental competition, Connah’s Quay Nomads and TNS are flying. The Welsh are coming and Europe could yet be caught unawares."

Heres the suggestion that TNS's Billy Bunter alike owner should be making.

According to FAW guidelines my team should be playing in England as our ground is in England, I understand that the FAW feel very strongly about this as they once tossed a small fortune that should have been spent developing a decent youth coaching system down the drain whilst pursuing their misguided principles against a number of Wales' leading clubs participating in the English pyramid system.
RIP Rhyl FC on 17:15 - Apr 28 with 1549 viewsYrAlarch

Interestingly, for some time the FAW have been pushing the West Wales FA to set up a West Wales Premier League. The WWFA have finally relented and the new 'elite' League is due to start in Season 2020/2021, albeit with only 8 (or possibly 9) Clubs from the 4 constituent Leagues having signed up to it. It has not been properly costed, but there will be a cost. An unnecessary cost given that the money should be spent on improving pitches/facilities and more investment in coaching, much needed at grass roots level. The new 'elite' League is not going to improve playing standards and this lack of long term investment in such an objective seems to be typical of the FAW. It's worth comparing this approach with what has happened in Iceland and with their success in recent years.
RIP Rhyl FC on 20:53 - Apr 28 with 1509 viewsBarrySwan

RIP Rhyl FC on 16:30 - Apr 28 by Kilkennyjack

I have been to many games thanks and probably visited every ground, except Caernarfon.

Seen a few European games as well.

You have no clue about football if you think its not improving year on year.
Standard and facilities.

In March 2019, the Wales c team drew 2-2 with England c team.
Majority of the English team are full time pros in the Conference.
Maybe Wales just got lucky..?

Laughable comments mate.
And unfair on the clubs and players.
Nobody is saying its Real Madrid but its a good standard these days.

And that's fair enough if that's your subjective opinion on how things stand.

Unfortunately my own experience doesn't match that, I don't expect Man City v Man Utd standard games when I watch but when watching I've been desperate to see a glimmer of something from players who aren't top notch but certainly should have the basics in terms of ball control and an ability to make a 15 yard pass to their own side with a reasonable success rate.

I'm afraid to report that in my experience that is far from the situation that I see despite wanting to. I have no problem with that apart from disappointment, but wonder why anyone in their right mind is actually paying these guys who in my opinion should be handing over a fiver every week to have their kit cleaned rather than receiving money for playing in front of 200 spectators.
RIP Rhyl FC on 23:17 - Apr 28 with 1478 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

RIP Rhyl FC on 16:31 - Apr 28 by BarrySwan

And there you have the kicker in the last paragraph of the report Tommy.

A quota of non deserved non merited selections for the national side from substandard LOW players.

Are you one of the FAW geniuses that I've been alluding to?

Or Bobby Gould in disguise?

"Domestically, Wales has a long way to go to reduce the gulf between TNS and the rest. Suggestions (made by TNS) such as reducing the number of teams from 12 to eight or introducing a Welsh Premier League quota for the national side have been mooted. But in continental competition, Connah’s Quay Nomads and TNS are flying. The Welsh are coming and Europe could yet be caught unawares."

Heres the suggestion that TNS's Billy Bunter alike owner should be making.

According to FAW guidelines my team should be playing in England as our ground is in England, I understand that the FAW feel very strongly about this as they once tossed a small fortune that should have been spent developing a decent youth coaching system down the drain whilst pursuing their misguided principles against a number of Wales' leading clubs participating in the English pyramid system.

Bobby Gould ?

I’m Just a poster on a football forum

It’s a football league in one of the poorest regions of Europe .

You hate it all but still watch it ,F@cking bizarre to be fair .

It seems you have some beef with the welsh Fa & rightly so in some aspects .

Slagging part time players off trying to play a game they enjoy playing ,you carry on ranting about it

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

RIP Rhyl FC on 10:07 - Apr 29 with 1408 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

RIP Rhyl FC on 13:22 - Apr 29 with 1370 viewswestwalesed

RIP Rhyl FC on 17:15 - Apr 28 by YrAlarch

Interestingly, for some time the FAW have been pushing the West Wales FA to set up a West Wales Premier League. The WWFA have finally relented and the new 'elite' League is due to start in Season 2020/2021, albeit with only 8 (or possibly 9) Clubs from the 4 constituent Leagues having signed up to it. It has not been properly costed, but there will be a cost. An unnecessary cost given that the money should be spent on improving pitches/facilities and more investment in coaching, much needed at grass roots level. The new 'elite' League is not going to improve playing standards and this lack of long term investment in such an objective seems to be typical of the FAW. It's worth comparing this approach with what has happened in Iceland and with their success in recent years.

That's really interesting - so will that now become the Third Tier? Below the Cymru South?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Rhyl FC on 14:15 - Apr 29 with 1347 viewsYrAlarch

RIP Rhyl FC on 13:22 - Apr 29 by westwalesed

That's really interesting - so will that now become the Third Tier? Below the Cymru South?

No. The West Wales Premier League will feed in to the Welsh League. The WWPL Champion Club will be able to apply to enter the Welsh League, rather than the 4 Local League champions and runners up, which has been the situation up to the present.
Hope that makes sense.
RIP Rhyl FC on 16:04 - Apr 29 with 1316 viewsBarrySwan

RIP Rhyl FC on 23:17 - Apr 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Bobby Gould ?

I’m Just a poster on a football forum

It’s a football league in one of the poorest regions of Europe .

You hate it all but still watch it ,F@cking bizarre to be fair .

It seems you have some beef with the welsh Fa & rightly so in some aspects .

Slagging part time players off trying to play a game they enjoy playing ,you carry on ranting about it

Bobby Gould? Sorry I thought that it may have been the greatest visionary and manager ever to get involved in the Welsh game.

Theres plenty of small impoverished Eastern European countries whose footballers seem to be able to trap a ball as there are in Africa so I'm not sure what your point about poorest region is supposed to mean.

You mention the word hate for some strange reason? I've never mentioned any such thing disappointment is the word that I've used why substitute your own words?

You clearly have failed to notice that I'm one of the 3,000 or so hardy individuals who collectively actually watch LOW games several times a year surely your ire and disappointment should be directed to the other 3 million people in Wales who never go to watch a game, one can only assume because they don't rate the product which kind of knocks a pretty big hole in your own assessment of the LOW.

My disappointment and annoyance at the senile old freeloaders at the FAW is that whilst enjoying the freebies over the years they have never managed to implement a decent coaching structure to ensure that our youngsters grow up comfortable on the ball and displaying basic skills and ball control.

Having such capabilities does not make someone a professional footballer in itself but allows those with extra attributes such as pace, strength and a game brain to progress to a higher level hopefully as a professional and international player.

And I'm not slagging off part time players for trying to play the game they enjoy playing, I'm slagging off those who pay such players who attract such derisory crowds.

As mentioned, in my opinion these players should be handing over a fiver a week to be having their kit cleaned rather than earning money out of attracting a 200 - 300 spectator crowd.

You really have to stop making stuff up and attributing such comments to myself
RIP Rhyl FC on 18:14 - Apr 29 with 1293 viewsOldjack

RIP Rhyl FC on 13:37 - Apr 28 by Darran

Within the last few years or so Neath FC with LT10 in the side asked the FAW if they could switch their top of the table clash against TNS to the Sunday because it clashed with the Wales v England rugger match,TNS had agreed to the switch.
The FAW refused. About 20 people turned up to watch.
The FAW are a pathetic bunch of old cronies which is probably why Dai Griff watches everyone of our home games sitting in the Directors Box on a freebie instead of watching a welsh league game.

And they got a obvious red card overturned for one of their Scundiff buddies so he could play in the fa cup final .Plus a good few of them are Scumudiff ST holders

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

RIP Rhyl FC on 18:27 - Apr 29 with 1288 viewsNeath_Jack

RIP Rhyl FC on 13:37 - Apr 28 by Darran

Within the last few years or so Neath FC with LT10 in the side asked the FAW if they could switch their top of the table clash against TNS to the Sunday because it clashed with the Wales v England rugger match,TNS had agreed to the switch.
The FAW refused. About 20 people turned up to watch.
The FAW are a pathetic bunch of old cronies which is probably why Dai Griff watches everyone of our home games sitting in the Directors Box on a freebie instead of watching a welsh league game.

The FAW has always been an "old boys club", a complete and utter shower of shite.

And anyone who says there is a good standard of football, are the types who want Welsh Independence. Just saying it because it's Welsh and it's cool and edgy.

Cranks.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

RIP Rhyl FC on 19:25 - Apr 29 with 1277 viewsDarran

RIP Rhyl FC on 18:27 - Apr 29 by Neath_Jack

The FAW has always been an "old boys club", a complete and utter shower of shite.

And anyone who says there is a good standard of football, are the types who want Welsh Independence. Just saying it because it's Welsh and it's cool and edgy.

Cranks.

I couldn’t agree more.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

RIP Rhyl FC on 11:20 - Apr 30 with 1193 viewsCountyJim

Few years back they the FAW invited us to play in the Welsh Cup again think it was in the last ten years anyway we got drawn against TNS but our league game was on same day we asked FAW to switch the date but they said no so we had to play two games at the same time obviously we sent our first team to league game and sent team of youth team players plus our back up keeper they beat us 3-0 I think but you would have thought they'd won the European Cup

After that we declined further invites

Wonder why
RIP Rhyl FC on 14:14 - Apr 30 with 1150 viewswestwalesed

RIP Rhyl FC on 14:15 - Apr 29 by YrAlarch

No. The West Wales Premier League will feed in to the Welsh League. The WWPL Champion Club will be able to apply to enter the Welsh League, rather than the 4 Local League champions and runners up, which has been the situation up to the present.
Hope that makes sense.

So it would be Tier 4 then?

Cymru Premier
Cymru South
Welsh League
WWPL?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

RIP Rhyl FC on 15:32 - Apr 30 with 1124 viewsKilkennyjack

RIP Rhyl FC on 18:27 - Apr 29 by Neath_Jack

Cranks.

Serious question - do you watch it regularly ?

The FAW of 1974 is not the current FAW, things have changed for the better.

Our national team is good, young players are the envy of many.
Women's football standards improving.
Cymru leagues improving facilities and playing standards.

Why might you not like to recognise this good work ?
Strange.

If the best of the Cymru Prem can match the best of the National League then thats a fair measure. Nobody is saying its Real Madrid.

RIP Rhyl FC on 17:34 - Apr 30 with 1100 viewsBarrySwan

RIP Rhyl FC on 15:32 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

Serious question - do you watch it regularly ?

The FAW of 1974 is not the current FAW, things have changed for the better.

Our national team is good, young players are the envy of many.
Women's football standards improving.
Cymru leagues improving facilities and playing standards.

Why might you not like to recognise this good work ?
Strange.

If the best of the Cymru Prem can match the best of the National League then thats a fair measure. Nobody is saying its Real Madrid.

Do we really have to highlight the ginormous number of English players in the Welsh squad just to demonstrate to deniers such as yourself that the advances in coaching development in Wales has been minimal at best?

One can only suppose that the Nat's are fine about the English when they're covering up for Wale's lack of footballing strength in depth

Just unwanted when ranting on about being subjugated and down trodden by the Saes in general?
RIP Rhyl FC on 17:55 - Apr 30 with 1092 viewsKilkennyjack

RIP Rhyl FC on 17:34 - Apr 30 by BarrySwan

Do we really have to highlight the ginormous number of English players in the Welsh squad just to demonstrate to deniers such as yourself that the advances in coaching development in Wales has been minimal at best?

One can only suppose that the Nat's are fine about the English when they're covering up for Wale's lack of footballing strength in depth

Just unwanted when ranting on about being subjugated and down trodden by the Saes in general?

Great to see all such good players playing in the Cymru leagues.
Glad you recognise that its success is now pulling in this level of talent.

Yes welsh football coaching is shite - lets be honest the likes of Rambo, Allen, Rodon, Gunter, Ledley, Ben, Connor, plus James are not a patch on such great English internationals as Welbeck, Andy Carroll, Henderson, Lingard, and Dier.

Why do the likes of Henry, Ginola, Viera, Desailly, chose the FAW coaching route ?

UEFA rules apply to all countries, not just Wales.
English born Welsh players have a made a huge and welcome contribution to our national team.

Get off your knees mun.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024