Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clamp down on people visiting second homes 18:48 - Apr 22 with 4888 viewsPentyrchJack

While I think this is right, I think that our politicians are spending too much time on this when they should be sorting out PPE for NHS staff and increasing testing for people.

Second home ownership has always been a divisive subject but I think politicians are exploiting the current situation to unearth old prejudices. If they are serious about the effect outside visitors have on Wales the WG should be battering down UK Govts door about 15,000+ people a day arriving in UK from abroad and walking straighten through immigration control untested.

I am concerned that second home ownership interests the WG more than sorting out our NHS staff's safety.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 18:55 - Apr 22 with 3628 viewsWhiterockin

Its doctors that are urging for the ban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-52369558
Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 18:56 - Apr 22 with 3624 viewsPentyrchJack

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 18:55 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

Its doctors that are urging for the ban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-52369558

Yes plus our illustrious FM is saying something later this week:

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/tough-new-second-home-owner-18

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:01 - Apr 22 with 3616 viewsWhiterockin

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 18:56 - Apr 22 by PentyrchJack

Yes plus our illustrious FM is saying something later this week:

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/tough-new-second-home-owner-18

After senior doctors had written to him with the request.
Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:04 - Apr 22 with 3608 viewsPentyrchJack

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:01 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

After senior doctors had written to him with the request.

Some senior doctors who are obviously more concerned by this than sorting out PPE....

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:06 - Apr 22 with 3601 viewsWhiterockin

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:04 - Apr 22 by PentyrchJack

Some senior doctors who are obviously more concerned by this than sorting out PPE....

Climb down.
Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:10 - Apr 22 with 3586 viewsleighton1318

The politicians can hardly exempt it when the gist of the lockdown (not the legal wording, but the broad message) is: ‘is your journey essential, if not, stay home’.

There is an SNP MP in the Highlands who is being pretty anti second homers, which is quite good short term politics, but he will soon be reminded that 13% of Scotland’s economy used to be tourism, and that many of his constituents are business owners with heavily mortgaged hotels and buy-to-let holiday homes, who are feeling financial pain.

Plenty of anecdotal stuff from Italy and Spain about city-dwellers spreading it through dashing off to their country places. A lot of people in the second-home areas are, politely or less so, saying ‘please don’t come’.

It’s the national issue, in microcosm. Business or illness?
Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:12 - Apr 22 with 3576 viewsPentyrchJack

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:06 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

Climb down.

Priorities.

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:50 - Apr 22 with 3521 viewsLohengrin

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:12 - Apr 22 by PentyrchJack

Priorities.

I’ve got to be honest mind if I lived in London and also owned a cottage on Mull when news of the impending lockdown began to break I’d have been on the first train headed North.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:53 - Apr 22 with 3507 viewsjack2jack

And yet the PM is currently having a rest in Chequers.
One rule for us another for them.
Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 20:06 - Apr 22 with 3488 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:50 - Apr 22 by Lohengrin

I’ve got to be honest mind if I lived in London and also owned a cottage on Mull when news of the impending lockdown began to break I’d have been on the first train headed North.

Surely you’d have mulled it over first?

You wouldn’t want Eigg on your face.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 20:23 - Apr 22 with 3461 viewsPentyrchJack

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 20:06 - Apr 22 by Joe_bradshaw

Surely you’d have mulled it over first?

You wouldn’t want Eigg on your face.

I would have tried to get to Mull before the travel Oban.

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 20:28 - Apr 22 with 3450 viewsLohengrin

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 20:23 - Apr 22 by PentyrchJack

It’s a Rhum do if you ask me.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 22:13 - Apr 22 with 3366 viewsdickythorpe

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 20:28 - Apr 22 by Lohengrin

It’s a Rhum do if you ask me.

There's no raisin to it all.
Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 22:49 - Apr 22 with 3332 viewsCatullus

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 20:23 - Apr 22 by PentyrchJack

Ye Canna Muck about,the locals might Yell at ye.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:01 - Apr 22 with 3320 viewsKilkennyjack

Stay at home. Thats the advice to us all.

That means don't go to any second homes.
It risks bringing the virus into , usually, rural areas.
These rural areas simply do not have the medical facilities to cope.

Its about saving lives and that should be good enough reason.

Of course we should also tax the feck out of these people ...but thats another matter for another day.

Beware of the Risen People

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:06 - Apr 22 with 3314 viewsraynor94

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:53 - Apr 22 by jack2jack

Seriously? I haven't got any time at all for Boris, but he's hardly resting, after what he's been through.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:08 - Apr 22 with 3311 viewsCatullus

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:01 - Apr 22 by Kilkennyjack

Stay at home. Thats the advice to us all.

That means don't go to any second homes.
It risks bringing the virus into , usually, rural areas.
These rural areas simply do not have the medical facilities to cope.

Its about saving lives and that should be good enough reason.

Of course we should also tax the feck out of these people ...but thats another matter for another day.

Maybe we should call up Mebion Glyndwr and oofer them matches and petrol?

Maybe if they threatened to confiscate any holiday homes people are silly enough to go to during lockdown it would put a stop to it?
Then sell the homes off and give the money to charity. The previous owners would obviously still have to pay any outstanding mortgage or debt on the property.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:20 - Apr 22 with 3292 viewsjack2jack

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:06 - Apr 22 by raynor94

Seriously? I haven't got any time at all for Boris, but he's hardly resting, after what he's been through.

My point is that his main place of residence is 10 Downing street, yet he can go to chequers, to recouperate, i appreciate he has to rest up, but isnt it against the government guidlines to fvck off somewhere else other than home, just saying.
Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:25 - Apr 22 with 3284 viewsraynor94

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:20 - Apr 22 by jack2jack

My point is that his main place of residence is 10 Downing street, yet he can go to chequers, to recouperate, i appreciate he has to rest up, but isnt it against the government guidlines to fvck off somewhere else other than home, just saying.

I know what you are saying, but come on, he went to chequers straight from a hospital bed, it was hardly a jolly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:38 - Apr 22 with 3270 viewsjack2jack

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:25 - Apr 22 by raynor94

I know what you are saying, but come on, he went to chequers straight from a hospital bed, it was hardly a jolly

Meh, still, should have gone to his place of residence, just an observation. :)
Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 00:28 - Apr 23 with 3243 viewsDJack

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:04 - Apr 22 by PentyrchJack

Put the shovel down.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 01:59 - Apr 23 with 3216 viewsGlyn1

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 19:53 - Apr 22 by jack2jack

I'd hardly call recuperating from a life-threatening illness, "having a rest". He looked awful on his last video.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 02:01 - Apr 23 with 3215 viewsGlyn1

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 23:20 - Apr 22 by jack2jack

That's his office. In the same way, that the Queen's office is Buckingham Palace when she actually lives in Windsor. If Her Maj gets it, she will recuperate in Windsor, not London.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 2:03]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 03:46 - Apr 23 with 3153 viewsNotLoyal

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 02:01 - Apr 23 by Glyn1

That's his office. In the same way, that the Queen's office is Buckingham Palace when she actually lives in Windsor. If Her Maj gets it, she will recuperate in Windsor, not London.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 2:03]

I saw her camping near gower last year, had forgotten her hammer for the tent pegs, we chatted for quite a while regards Charles over a few beers, not once did she mention Andrew tho, I think she knew deep down what was coming.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 07:52 - Apr 23 with 3111 viewsdickythorpe

Clamp down on people visiting second homes on 01:59 - Apr 23 by Glyn1

I'd hardly call recuperating from a life-threatening illness, "having a rest". He looked awful on his last video.

He's hardly looked a picture of health since he bumbled into the world of Politics!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024