Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The death knell for cash transactions... 13:48 - Apr 23 with 6778 viewsSwanjaxs

With most shops/supermarkets encouraging Contactless payments because of C-19, could this be the start of the end for cash?

With lockdown restrictions hopefully being eased in the coming months, surely pubs, restaurants and retailers will insist on contactless for the foreseeable future?

Personally I haven't used cash for a very long time.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The death knell for cash transactions... on 20:03 - Jul 13 with 673 viewsSwanjaxs

The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:52 - Jul 13 by Dr_Winston

Yes. It is.

You are correct.
Even in this day and age (although it's getting better) some people are still being refused a basic bank account!
This should be a basic human right and has to be addressed.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

The death knell for cash transactions... on 20:11 - Jul 13 with 666 viewsDr_Winston

The death knell for cash transactions... on 20:03 - Jul 13 by Swanjaxs

You are correct.
Even in this day and age (although it's getting better) some people are still being refused a basic bank account!
This should be a basic human right and has to be addressed.

It's a complicated issue. Far more complicated than MD10 grasps.

For many bank accounts basic ID is required. There are plenty of people who don't have even that. Credit Unions are a bit less strict but with a CU account access to cash is limited unless you pay extra for a card, which many can't do. And that's just setting an account up. Managing one after that is difficult for an awful lot of people, for numerous reasons.

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of people just in Swansea for whom personal banking is a pipedream regardless of Government intent. Extrapolate that UK wide and the idea that cash will be extinct any time soon is laughable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The death knell for cash transactions... on 20:50 - Jul 13 with 636 viewsFlashberryjack

The death knell for cash transactions... on 09:00 - Jul 13 by Fireboy2

You do know that Halloween origins are celtic lisa

Risking it a there mate

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The death knell for cash transactions... on 22:33 - Jul 13 with 580 viewslondonlisa2001

The death knell for cash transactions... on 09:00 - Jul 13 by Fireboy2

You do know that Halloween origins are celtic lisa

Yes, I do indeed. Samhain.

And also a big tradition in the church as well with All Hallows Day.

But the ‘party party, let’s dress up and get smashed’ bit instead of celebrating November 5th is a relatively recent Americanism.

We used to spend days making our Guy and collecting a few pennies for sparklers when we were kids.
The death knell for cash transactions... on 22:44 - Jul 13 with 572 viewsBest_loser

The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:49 - Jul 13 by Highjack

Yeah there’s loads of beggars all over the place taking contactless now. Certain cities provide the service I think.

It's a big issue all over the country
The death knell for cash transactions... on 22:50 - Jul 13 with 566 viewsSwanjaxs

The death knell for cash transactions... on 22:33 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

But the ‘party party, let’s dress up and get smashed’ bit instead of celebrating November 5th is a relatively recent Americanism.

We used to spend days making our Guy and collecting a few pennies for sparklers when we were kids.

My mates dressed me up as a guy back in the day.
Stuffed newspaper up my sleeves and trouser legs and put a hessian sack over my head.
I just had to lay there motionless outside Pooleys in Treboeth while the money kept coming in..

Happy Dayz 😊

The death knell for cash transactions... on 23:10 - Jul 13 with 556 viewsFireboy2

The death knell for cash transactions... on 22:33 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

You are quite correct again Lisa, it along with alot of things have been ruined by them and I too also remember scrounging many a time for a few coppers with a guy who looked like a tramp.
The death knell for cash transactions... on 12:03 - Jul 25 with 309 viewsbritferry

Britcoin

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9821855/Rishi-Sunak-plans-replace-cash-

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

The death knell for cash transactions... on 12:31 - Jul 25 with 295 viewsTreforys_Jack

The death knell for cash transactions... on 22:50 - Jul 13 by Swanjaxs

My mates dressed me up as a guy back in the day.
Stuffed newspaper up my sleeves and trouser legs and put a hessian sack over my head.
I just had to lay there motionless outside Pooleys in Treboeth while the money kept coming in..

Happy Dayz 😊

Really? I call bull ....... you didn't have any friends jacko 🤣🤣
The death knell for cash transactions... on 12:53 - Jul 25 with 283 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The death knell for cash transactions... on 12:03 - Jul 25 by britferry

Britcoin

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9821855/Rishi-Sunak-plans-replace-cash-

Tescos don't do cashback anymore, the girl on the til told me I'd have to use the cashpoint outside. I'm going to start paying only in cash from now on ,drawing the money out from their cashpoint.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The death knell for cash transactions... on 13:18 - Jul 25 with 262 viewscontroversial_jack

How do buskers manage?
The death knell for cash transactions... on 13:38 - Jul 25 with 255 viewsItchySphincter

My kids are contactless. Stick some money on their Revolut cards and it pings me everytime they spend, usually in Greggs or something like that. Cash is on the way out but there will always be value in it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The death knell for cash transactions... on 14:13 - Jul 25 with 247 viewsCatullus

There's a bit of Mumming and guising going on on this forum. It's Samhain every day!

Cash will die out one day, maybe one day we will stop using money altogether though. I use contactless most of the time. I do most of my big shops online anyway and get it delivered. Purchases over £100 I use a credit card for.

The only time I actually often use cash is abroad.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The death knell for cash transactions... on 16:21 - Jul 25 with 229 viewsKeithHaynes

The OP has had his account reinstated btw.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The death knell for cash transactions... on 18:32 - Jul 25 with 202 viewsbritferry

The death knell for cash transactions... on 13:18 - Jul 25 by controversial_jack

How do buskers manage?

QR codes in it

click here to donate a pound, after you do, you see they took 20 quid instead

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:25 - Jul 25 with 196 viewsbuilthjack

If you want to keep cash going, do something about it.
Instead of using your card, insist on paying cash. Simple.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The death knell for cash transactions... on 20:02 - Jul 25 with 192 viewsonehunglow

The death knell for cash transactions... on 18:47 - Apr 23 by Swanjaxs

Plus you can do all your banking on your phone, you can move money from one account to another, PayPal, Google pay, Samsung pay and plenty more for all your transactions, and as you say you can check your balance in the matter of seconds.

I see a cashless society in as little as five years, possibly before with the current pandemic around.

And then you lose your phone.
Everyone' s lives seem to be on their phones.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024