Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The death knell for cash transactions... 13:48 - Apr 23 with 6783 viewsSwanjaxs

With most shops/supermarkets encouraging Contactless payments because of C-19, could this be the start of the end for cash?

With lockdown restrictions hopefully being eased in the coming months, surely pubs, restaurants and retailers will insist on contactless for the foreseeable future?

Personally I haven't used cash for a very long time.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:13 - Apr 23 with 1307 viewskarnataka

The death knell for cash transactions... on 18:41 - Apr 23 by Al_Bundy

Until you lose your phone then suddenly you own a house share in Lagos ..

If it was Lagos in the Algarve (pronounced Lagoosh), I'd be quite happy with that but not Lagos in Nigeria!
The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:14 - Apr 23 with 1307 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’ve had the same £40odd in my wallet for about five weeks now. Lockdown is saving me a fortune. Apart from a small-ish increase in my shopping bill there’s feck all to spend on.

Poll: Tory leader

The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:38 - Apr 23 with 1272 viewsFireboy2

The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:14 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve had the same £40odd in my wallet for about five weeks now. Lockdown is saving me a fortune. Apart from a small-ish increase in my shopping bill there’s feck all to spend on.

This ^

I'm in the same boat, my missus wont let me go shopping as I love aldi and she loves tesco😡
The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:38 - Apr 23 with 1269 viewslondonlisa2001

The death knell for cash transactions... on 18:41 - Apr 23 by Al_Bundy

Until you lose your phone then suddenly you own a house share in Lagos ..

Lol.

It’s £30 a transaction mun (£45 at the moment I think). I know Lagos is cheap but...
The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:39 - Apr 23 with 1272 viewsPentyrchJack

The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:13 - Apr 23 by karnataka

If it was Lagos in the Algarve (pronounced Lagoosh), I'd be quite happy with that but not Lagos in Nigeria!

Boa Vista for me!

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

The death knell for cash transactions... on 20:13 - Apr 23 with 1249 viewsJack59

The death knell for cash transactions... on 16:47 - Apr 23 by PozuelosSideys

Cash is king. Without at least having it as an option (even if you dont use it personally and prefer plastic), you give Governments and Corporations control of everything.

We've probably got three generations of people who are used to paying for everything on plastic, these individuals clearly have no idea when they are being overcharged for items, and furthermore their numeracy skills then suffer as a result of not having the notes and coinage in their pockets.
I can remember when people used to complain to store owners and staff about prices, it used to help keep prices in check, but this doesn't happen anymore since plastic.
All the big outfits are in cartels, and effective legislation is almost impossible.
The death knell for cash transactions... on 20:57 - Apr 23 with 1223 viewsCooperman

At least 95% of my spend is on credit cards (purely as points make prizes). If and when I spend cash the gold and silver change goes into one of those 4 litre whiskey bottles and the coppers into a tin.

I’m on the third fill of the whiskey bottle and it usually takes about four years to fill and amass £2k of change.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The death knell for cash transactions... on 21:17 - Apr 23 with 1217 viewsbuilthjack

The death knell for cash transactions... on 18:37 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

You can get an instant check on what you’ve spent on your phone. Quicker than looking in your wallet.

It’s easier to keep it all on the card than a mix. And given you can’t use cash on transport in London you may as well stick to a card.

Just transfer a set amount a week onto a contactless card and that’s the same as going to the cash point.

Until your phone goes wrong.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

The death knell for cash transactions... on 21:20 - Apr 23 with 1207 viewslondonlisa2001

The death knell for cash transactions... on 21:17 - Apr 23 by builthjack

Until your phone goes wrong.

Well then you can’t look at your balance for a bit?

I used to think contactless was harder to keep track of, but because I have to use it for getting around, you get used to it really quickly. I don’t use phone pay.
The death knell for cash transactions... on 21:23 - Apr 23 with 1202 viewsbuilthjack

The death knell for cash transactions... on 21:20 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

Well then you can’t look at your balance for a bit?

I used to think contactless was harder to keep track of, but because I have to use it for getting around, you get used to it really quickly. I don’t use phone pay.

Horses for courses I guess. I use contactless in London as it's the norm. But cash in the sticks.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The death knell for cash transactions... on 21:35 - Apr 23 with 1186 viewsBrynCartwright

I like using cash most of the time. I like to look at the pretty pictures.

It'll come back, much like vinyl records.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The death knell for cash transactions... on 21:41 - Apr 23 with 1180 viewsexiledclaseboy

I did get quite excited about the new £20 note that came out just before lockdown. Disappointed I haven’t had more chance to interact with those little beauties.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

The death knell for cash transactions... on 22:05 - Apr 23 with 1152 viewsDr_Winston

Perils of having to do shopping for isolating oldies is that my wallet also contains notes I've got little chance of spending this side of September.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The death knell for cash transactions... on 23:16 - Apr 23 with 1108 viewskarnataka

Same here but the untouched money is in one of the pockets of my jeans which I haven't worn for at least a month because of the nice shorts weather we're having.
The death knell for cash transactions... on 00:38 - Apr 24 with 1086 viewstheloneranger

The death knell for cash transactions... on 21:35 - Apr 23 by BrynCartwright

I like using cash most of the time. I like to look at the pretty pictures.

It'll come back, much like vinyl records.

Discount from Andrew Colwill for cash?? 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The death knell for cash transactions... on 07:43 - Apr 24 with 1020 viewsWarwickHunt

The death knell for cash transactions... on 19:38 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

It’s £30 a transaction mun (£45 at the moment I think). I know Lagos is cheap but...

Tonypandy then.
The death knell for cash transactions... on 07:44 - Apr 24 with 1019 viewsepaul

In the last 5 weeks can't remember the last time I've handed over a few greenbacks, bit of a traditionalist me on a day out, pub, swans etc it's cash for me, I like to put an amount in my pocket and know what I spend.

What I do enjoy is the next morning on checking how much I spent the day/night before is counting what's left and seeing a tenner there that I didn't realise I had left lol. Of course there is the opposite of counting it and realising I'd spent more than I thought and then checking my bank balance.........

I was very much the no chance am I using my bank card to pay say about £1.50 but moving with modern times are coming around to it more.

Similarly I'm very much old school in that I always put cash in birthday cards for the kids/grandchildren/ nephews etc

I've had a pound coin sitting on my bedside table for about 4 weeks and my change jar hasn't seen anything added for a while......

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The death knell for cash transactions... on 08:49 - Apr 24 with 985 viewsGowerjack

The death knell for cash transactions... on 18:30 - Apr 23 by Al_Bundy

Biblical prophecy unfolding ... the cashless society

Where's that in the Bible then?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The death knell for cash transactions... on 09:42 - Apr 24 with 965 viewsbuilthjack

The death knell for cash transactions... on 07:44 - Apr 24 by epaul

In the last 5 weeks can't remember the last time I've handed over a few greenbacks, bit of a traditionalist me on a day out, pub, swans etc it's cash for me, I like to put an amount in my pocket and know what I spend.

What I do enjoy is the next morning on checking how much I spent the day/night before is counting what's left and seeing a tenner there that I didn't realise I had left lol. Of course there is the opposite of counting it and realising I'd spent more than I thought and then checking my bank balance.........

I was very much the no chance am I using my bank card to pay say about £1.50 but moving with modern times are coming around to it more.

Similarly I'm very much old school in that I always put cash in birthday cards for the kids/grandchildren/ nephews etc

I've had a pound coin sitting on my bedside table for about 4 weeks and my change jar hasn't seen anything added for a while......

I am the same as you. £100 in the pocket going out, then in the morning there is £30. You know exactly what you have spent. With a card it's just keep flashing it, you haven't a clue what you have spent.

The death knell for cash transactions... on 09:46 - Apr 24 with 957 viewsJackfath

I haven't used cash in a long time. I use my watch, contactless.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The death knell for cash transactions... on 10:04 - Apr 24 with 936 viewsSwanjaxs

The death knell for cash transactions... on 09:42 - Apr 24 by builthjack

I am the same as you. £100 in the pocket going out, then in the morning there is £30. You know exactly what you have spent. With a card it's just keep flashing it, you haven't a clue what you have spent.

On the other hand, we've all got a " lend me a score please mate, I've left my wallet in the house" pal that tags along on a night out.

By going contactless, all you have to do is the "elephant" and say sorry guv, but I'm brassic myself ... 😎
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 10:05]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

The death knell for cash transactions... on 10:09 - Apr 24 with 926 viewsbuilthjack

The death knell for cash transactions... on 10:04 - Apr 24 by Swanjaxs

On the other hand, we've all got a " lend me a score please mate, I've left my wallet in the house" pal that tags along on a night out.

By going contactless, all you have to do is the "elephant" and say sorry guv, but I'm brassic myself ... 😎
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 10:05]

You soon learn the ones you can trust. A quick f@ck off does the trick.

The death knell for cash transactions... on 10:14 - Apr 24 with 917 viewsSwanjaxs

The death knell for cash transactions... on 10:09 - Apr 24 by builthjack

You soon learn the ones you can trust. A quick f@ck off does the trick.

Haha fair

The death knell for cash transactions... on 10:47 - Apr 24 with 892 viewstheloneranger

The death knell for cash transactions... on 09:46 - Apr 24 by Jackfath

I haven't used cash in a long time. I use my watch, contactless.

All the time??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The death knell for cash transactions... on 12:47 - Apr 24 with 851 viewsBillyChong

No need for cash in todays society. How much does it cost to produce coins/print notes? How many cash transactions are not disclosed to the tax man? Basing the self employed relief payments on disclosed earnings has killed the ‘cash is king’ stance. Makes sense to get rid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024