Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to put things in perspective 13:56 - Apr 24 with 866 viewsHighjack

Have a look at these amazing pictures of hundreds of thousands of galaxies each containing at least a hundred billion stars and rejoice in our complete and utter insignificance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52391627

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Just to put things in perspective on 14:19 - Apr 24 with 833 viewsCatullus

*'m not supposed to go out but it drives me potty so last night, late on, I took the dog for a walk. It was after 10pm and there was nobody around so I went to our local park. The dog had a good sniff around and it was pitch black out in the middle of the pitches. I stood there and looked up, it never ceases to amaze.
I could clearly see Venus, a not very interesting fact is that if you got in a car and did 70mph all the way, at it's closest point it would take nearly 15000 days to get there.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Just to put things in perspective on 14:43 - Apr 24 with 815 viewsHighjack

Just to put things in perspective on 14:19 - Apr 24 by Catullus

*'m not supposed to go out but it drives me potty so last night, late on, I took the dog for a walk. It was after 10pm and there was nobody around so I went to our local park. The dog had a good sniff around and it was pitch black out in the middle of the pitches. I stood there and looked up, it never ceases to amaze.
I could clearly see Venus, a not very interesting fact is that if you got in a car and did 70mph all the way, at it's closest point it would take nearly 15000 days to get there.

The Voyager 2 spacecraft that launched in 1977 has been travelling at 35,000 mph for 43 years and has only just reached the outer regions of our solar system.

Unless of course you are a flat earther in which case you can see it being loaded into a lorry by the government and NASA if you use a special camera from Argos.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Just to put things in perspective on 14:50 - Apr 24 with 805 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Hubble is astonishing. It looks like something they used to make on Blue Peter with an old can of beans, some sticky backed plastic and some Baco Foil.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Just to put things in perspective on 16:14 - Apr 24 with 746 viewsHighjack

Just to put things in perspective on 14:50 - Apr 24 by Joe_bradshaw

Hubble is astonishing. It looks like something they used to make on Blue Peter with an old can of beans, some sticky backed plastic and some Baco Foil.

It is remarkable. And that deep field image is probably the most important and wondrous image ever taken in the history of man. To look at an apparently empty and unremarkable area of sky to reveal hundreds of millions of galaxies twinkling back at us twelve billion years into the past.

It’s mind blowing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024