Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. 21:42 - Apr 24 with 4446 viewsWxmJax

WTF

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-dominic-cummings-on-secre

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. on 18:52 - Apr 25 with 958 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. on 17:26 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

Publishing the minutes is the only way this will end.

Although Neil Ferguson has now said that Cummings (and a number of other observers) didn’t interfere at all.

Publishing the minutes will solve nothing other than confirmation of attendance.

Poll: Tory leader

Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. on 18:58 - Apr 25 with 941 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. on 18:52 - Apr 25 by exiledclaseboy

Publishing the minutes will solve nothing other than confirmation of attendance.

Why?

Wouldn’t they serve as an accurate recording of what was said by whom? They usually do.
Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. on 19:05 - Apr 25 with 932 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. on 18:58 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

Why?

Wouldn’t they serve as an accurate recording of what was said by whom? They usually do.

Not in my experience. They’re usually a hugely simplified summary of discussions, decisions and actions. Normally the nuance and detail between discussion and action is lost, often deliberately. But my point was (and I wasn’t exactly clear) was that any release of these minutes would be redacted to within an inch being meaningless. If we were to get a non-redacted version of the minutes I’d be in full agreement with you. But that won’t happen.

Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. on 19:16 - Apr 25 with 917 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. on 19:05 - Apr 25 by exiledclaseboy

Not in my experience. They’re usually a hugely simplified summary of discussions, decisions and actions. Normally the nuance and detail between discussion and action is lost, often deliberately. But my point was (and I wasn’t exactly clear) was that any release of these minutes would be redacted to within an inch being meaningless. If we were to get a non-redacted version of the minutes I’d be in full agreement with you. But that won’t happen.

Ah, well yes, if they’re redacted I agree.

I meant unredacted minutes.

It’s funny, but in company minutes (PLC I mean) they’re very detailed and accurate these days, to demonstrate how seriously discussions have been had and all view points including dissenting voices that were considered before a collective decision has been taken. In my experience anyway. The days of the simplified record not worth the paper it’s written on have long gone.
Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. on 19:19 - Apr 25 with 912 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cummings is in on the SAGE meetings. on 19:16 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

Ah, well yes, if they’re redacted I agree.

I meant unredacted minutes.

It’s funny, but in company minutes (PLC I mean) they’re very detailed and accurate these days, to demonstrate how seriously discussions have been had and all view points including dissenting voices that were considered before a collective decision has been taken. In my experience anyway. The days of the simplified record not worth the paper it’s written on have long gone.

My experience of minutes is limited to the public sector and the trust, both of which (less so the trust these days to be fair to the new guy) wouldn’t be out of place on the fiction shelves.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024