Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holidays? 12:30 - Apr 26 with 14137 viewskarnataka

I was supposed to be flying to Lisbon first thing this morning then driving into the Badajoz area of central Spain for a few days. Got me wondering what sort of plans or major family holidays others on here have had to cancel or reschedule and whether they'd had refunds, vouchers or lost money.
Holidays? on 09:23 - Apr 27 with 1826 viewsjacktar

Holidays? on 08:31 - Apr 27 by karnataka

That sounds really poor by TUI especially that cancellation fee, that's ridiculous and not sure how they can possibly justify that. If they cancel your holiday which they will surely have to at some point, wouldn't they have to give you 100% refund? B4st4rds.

I think many tour operators are hoping people will cancel as they are then bound by the operator's cancellation policy. If the tour operators cancel then we are entitled to a refund which obviously they don't want to give and will offer vouchers in lieu. We have booked holiday park in France for 2 weeks from 15th May but Al Fresco Holidays will not cancel yet and have said that they will give 2 weeks notice. I will not cancel and hope to get full refund when they inevitably have to cancel in the next week or so.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Holidays? on 10:16 - Apr 27 with 1787 viewslifelong

Holidays? on 09:23 - Apr 27 by jacktar

I think many tour operators are hoping people will cancel as they are then bound by the operator's cancellation policy. If the tour operators cancel then we are entitled to a refund which obviously they don't want to give and will offer vouchers in lieu. We have booked holiday park in France for 2 weeks from 15th May but Al Fresco Holidays will not cancel yet and have said that they will give 2 weeks notice. I will not cancel and hope to get full refund when they inevitably have to cancel in the next week or so.

Lots of people are hoping to get refunds, there’s a bloke on twitter who has paid Tui 45 grand for a family wedding due to take place in May. Tui has cancelled it and offered him a credit note, he just wants his money back.
Holidays? on 10:33 - Apr 27 with 1763 viewsCountyJim

They are saying if everyone wants their money back these firms will collapse
Holidays? on 10:35 - Apr 27 with 1763 viewsmagicdaps10

Holidays? on 02:07 - Apr 27 by Jack123

I would definitely look into the cancellation fee they have charged, the way it's looking the holiday wouldn't have been available anyway.

As he cancelled it himself then that is why he paid the cancellation fee, probably won't go ahead but he agreed to the terms and conditions when the holiday was booked..... No leg to stand on there unfortunately.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Holidays? on 10:42 - Apr 27 with 1756 viewsjacktar

Holidays? on 10:35 - Apr 27 by magicdaps10

As he cancelled it himself then that is why he paid the cancellation fee, probably won't go ahead but he agreed to the terms and conditions when the holiday was booked..... No leg to stand on there unfortunately.

Your absolutely right Daps.
We have further holidays booked for August and October which were all booked before the outbreak. I will just sit tight and see what transpires but certainly won't cancel. Hopefully our travel insurance will cover all cancellation as well as ABTA if companies go bust. Claiming from credit card companies would be the last resort but I don't think it will come to that.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Holidays? on 10:57 - Apr 27 with 1741 viewsWhiterockin

Holidays? on 10:33 - Apr 27 by CountyJim

The point is if you take a credit note and its not abta protected and they collapse anyway, you get nothing.
Holidays? on 10:58 - Apr 27 with 1741 viewsmagicdaps10

I think there will be a plan in place where refunds will legally not have to be given, as it stands they have too.
These companies are holding off until something is put in concrete to protect against refunds.... Morally wrong but I can see why they are doing it.

The ones posting that companies going bust, ease up on it please, difficult times at present for people and now is not the time to stick the knife in please. Luckily for me, I can take the slight hit that could be lost but for others it could be a different story.

Holidays? on 11:09 - Apr 27 with 1732 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It will be interesting to see what happens when travel starts up again. I imagine that when it does the old and those considered extremely vulnerable due to underlying health conditions will be told not to travel. Therefore they should be entitled to refunds whilst the majority would not at that point in time. What about a family group where one of those booked is extremely vulnerable but the rest aren’t. They may not want to go without their vulnerable family member. Should they be able to cancel and get their money back?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Holidays? on 11:21 - Apr 27 with 1723 viewsmagicdaps10

Holidays? on 11:09 - Apr 27 by Joe_bradshaw

It will be interesting to see what happens when travel starts up again. I imagine that when it does the old and those considered extremely vulnerable due to underlying health conditions will be told not to travel. Therefore they should be entitled to refunds whilst the majority would not at that point in time. What about a family group where one of those booked is extremely vulnerable but the rest aren’t. They may not want to go without their vulnerable family member. Should they be able to cancel and get their money back?

Lots of questions to be asked and some will get refunds but plenty won't.

I think in extreme circumstances, the voucher usage time will be extended a few years rather than in 12months that seems to be the main timeline for it to be used.

Holidays? on 12:30 - Apr 27 with 1700 viewslifelong

Holidays? on 10:35 - Apr 27 by magicdaps10

I understand that and fully expect to lose the cancellation fee, still think it’s excessive though, certainly I have agreed to the terms and conditions and expect to get back the rest of what has been paid.
If I had paid the final direct debit there would have been a strong possibility that I would have lost the lot. TUI were saying at the end of March that our holiday was still scheduled to go ahead,in fact they are still saying that now. Even if it was available in July we certainly would not have been travelling so if we had cancelled close to the departure date we would have again lost the lot.
Holidays? on 12:47 - Apr 27 with 1690 viewsmagicdaps10

Holidays? on 12:30 - Apr 27 by lifelong

I understand that and fully expect to lose the cancellation fee, still think it’s excessive though, certainly I have agreed to the terms and conditions and expect to get back the rest of what has been paid.
If I had paid the final direct debit there would have been a strong possibility that I would have lost the lot. TUI were saying at the end of March that our holiday was still scheduled to go ahead,in fact they are still saying that now. Even if it was available in July we certainly would not have been travelling so if we had cancelled close to the departure date we would have again lost the lot.

I feel for you, a case of stick or twist without much information from TUI.... Even indicating that the holiday was still expected to go ahead when realistically it is not.

I wasn't having a go, i contemplated exactly what you done but took a gamble on putting it back 12months by paying a £200 amendment fee instead of losing £800.

Holidays? on 07:59 - Apr 29 with 1562 viewsWhiterockin

Worth a read from Martins Money.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/02/coronavirus-travel-help-and-your-
Holidays? on 08:32 - Apr 29 with 1532 viewsowainglyndwr

Holidays? on 07:59 - Apr 29 by Whiterockin

Worth a read from Martins Money.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/02/coronavirus-travel-help-and-your-

We were supposed to go away with Tui in 6 weeks.
They have not cancelled officially as yet, but luckily just as we were about to pay the balance the stores closed , it's only the deposit payed so far which we will now move for next year.
Holidays? on 08:37 - Apr 29 with 1522 viewsWhiterockin

Holidays? on 08:32 - Apr 29 by owainglyndwr

We were supposed to go away with Tui in 6 weeks.
They have not cancelled officially as yet, but luckily just as we were about to pay the balance the stores closed , it's only the deposit payed so far which we will now move for next year.

Can you change holidays without losing your deposit, even with the same company, if they have not cancelled?
Holidays? on 09:49 - Apr 29 with 1493 viewslifelong

Holidays? on 08:37 - Apr 29 by Whiterockin

Can you change holidays without losing your deposit, even with the same company, if they have not cancelled?

At the moment with Tui only with holidays due to leave before 30th June.
Holidays? on 11:14 - Apr 29 with 1464 viewsItchySphincter

....and?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Holidays? on 11:16 - Apr 29 with 1463 viewsItchySphincter

Holidays? on 10:58 - Apr 27 by magicdaps10

I think there will be a plan in place where refunds will legally not have to be given, as it stands they have too.
These companies are holding off until something is put in concrete to protect against refunds.... Morally wrong but I can see why they are doing it.

The ones posting that companies going bust, ease up on it please, difficult times at present for people and now is not the time to stick the knife in please. Luckily for me, I can take the slight hit that could be lost but for others it could be a different story.

You're an oddball aye.....

'Don't mention firms going bust, sticking the knife in ....'????

A bit like you saying we should let the government off because they're doing their best. Weirdo

Holidays? on 11:31 - Apr 29 with 1457 viewsmagicdaps10

Holidays? on 11:16 - Apr 29 by ItchySphincter

You're an oddball aye.....

'Don't mention firms going bust, sticking the knife in ....'????

A bit like you saying we should let the government off because they're doing their best. Weirdo

Are you really that horrible or just thick!?

People have/are going through a lot at present, as this thread shows... People have booked holidays, they are unsure what is happening and the last thing they want to hear is that these companies could go bust thus making them panic and worry even more.

I suggest that you pipe down and think about what you post, I would hazard a guess you won't and will most likely post something that you think funny or just to have a pop.

And feel free to show everyone where I posted that we should let the government off because they are doing their best...... Feel free as I say to post those words I have allegedly posted!

😄🤫

Holidays? on 13:11 - Apr 29 with 1414 viewsItchySphincter

Holidays? on 11:31 - Apr 29 by magicdaps10

Are you really that horrible or just thick!?

People have/are going through a lot at present, as this thread shows... People have booked holidays, they are unsure what is happening and the last thing they want to hear is that these companies could go bust thus making them panic and worry even more.

I suggest that you pipe down and think about what you post, I would hazard a guess you won't and will most likely post something that you think funny or just to have a pop.

And feel free to show everyone where I posted that we should let the government off because they are doing their best...... Feel free as I say to post those words I have allegedly posted!

😄🤫

For some reason you feel empowered to tell people what to post all of a sudden. Stick to telling people that you are not financially affected and let the grown ups discuss more relevant matters. Fool.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 15:26]

Holidays? on 14:23 - Apr 29 with 1392 viewsmagicdaps10

Holidays? on 13:11 - Apr 29 by ItchySphincter

For some reason you feel empowered to tell people what to post all of a sudden. Stick to telling people that you are not financially affected and let the grown ups discuss more relevant matters. Fool.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 15:26]

😁

Who wants to be a grown up if you are the peak of adulthood...... God help us all.

Remember Big boy, the non relevance of my post was responded to by........ YOU!! Grown ups discussing relevant matters 🤣

Holidays? on 15:25 - Apr 29 with 1376 viewsItchySphincter

Holidays? on 14:23 - Apr 29 by magicdaps10

😁

Who wants to be a grown up if you are the peak of adulthood...... God help us all.

Remember Big boy, the non relevance of my post was responded to by........ YOU!! Grown ups discussing relevant matters 🤣

I’m owed money by TUI - are you? No, you’re not, but if you were you could take the hit financially, yeah? Now f*ck off and stop telling people what they can and can’t post about, freakshow.

Comprende??
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 20:07]

Holidays? on 15:38 - Apr 29 with 1369 viewspencoedjack

Holidays? on 08:37 - Apr 29 by Whiterockin

I paid a £400 deposit pp for a cruise in September, I phoned TUI today & was advised I can change my holiday for later in year if I pay £50 pp admin fee. (I will book something other than a cruise)

So basically i'm losing £100 but moving £700 to a safer option later in the year.
Holidays? on 15:56 - Apr 29 with 1360 viewsraynor94

Holidays? on 15:25 - Apr 29 by ItchySphincter

I’m owed money by TUI - are you? No, you’re not, but if you were you could take the hit financially, yeah? Now f*ck off and stop telling people what they can and can’t post about, freakshow.

Comprende??
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 20:07]

I was due to go away with TUI, 6th June, had the e mail cancelling it this morning.

They have asked me to wait for the credit note, but if want money back sooner, have given me a number to ring.

Hope that info helps you some way

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Holidays? on 16:23 - Apr 29 with 1349 viewsItchySphincter

Holidays? on 15:56 - Apr 29 by raynor94

I was due to go away with TUI, 6th June, had the e mail cancelling it this morning.

They have asked me to wait for the credit note, but if want money back sooner, have given me a number to ring.

Hope that info helps you some way

We were due to travel on 14th May so I’ve been following this for a while trying to make sense of it - there’s a lot of activity on twitter re the behaviour of airlines and tour operators so it’s a good way of gauging what’s going on. TUI contacted us last week, not to offer a refund but to inform us we would be receiving a refund credit at the end of the month and that we shouldn’t attempt to contact them before it is issued. Some people may fall for it and read it as a refund but it’s no such thing and they’re operating outside of terms and illegally at present. It seems To be accepted that refunding customers will send them to the wall, or that they are holding on to the money until they get put in to administration at which point they may not be liable. But sssshhhhh, don’t tell anyone, dapsy says we’re not allowed to discuss it.

Holidays? on 16:30 - Apr 29 with 1342 viewslifelong

Holidays? on 15:38 - Apr 29 by pencoedjack

I paid a £400 deposit pp for a cruise in September, I phoned TUI today & was advised I can change my holiday for later in year if I pay £50 pp admin fee. (I will book something other than a cruise)

So basically i'm losing £100 but moving £700 to a safer option later in the year.

You actually spoke to someone from Tui today?

I’ve been attempting to ring them continually for a month with no joy, on trying today I was put through to an answer phone message saying that there were unable to take the call and to try later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024