Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holidays? 12:30 - Apr 26 with 14402 viewskarnataka

I was supposed to be flying to Lisbon first thing this morning then driving into the Badajoz area of central Spain for a few days. Got me wondering what sort of plans or major family holidays others on here have had to cancel or reschedule and whether they'd had refunds, vouchers or lost money.
Holidays? on 19:02 - May 27 with 1706 viewskarnataka

Had an email today from easyJet saying they're resuming flights to Europe on 15th June. Would anyone consider going that soon? I definitely wouldn't.
Holidays? on 19:08 - May 27 with 1695 viewssainthelens

Holidays? on 19:02 - May 27 by karnataka

Had an email today from easyJet saying they're resuming flights to Europe on 15th June. Would anyone consider going that soon? I definitely wouldn't.

There will disorder on flights. Some taking liberties with others ' space'.
Holidays? on 19:16 - May 27 with 1685 viewsmajorraglan

Holidays? on 19:02 - May 27 by karnataka

I wouldn’t either. Lots of tourist resorts have extra medical provision, but I am not sure they are geared up to deal with Covid19 outbreaks nor am I convinced lots of insurance companies will pay up on medical cover if someone is taken ill with Covid19.

My employer is currently finalising their policy on quarantine and leave, but as things stand it looks as though it’s going to be a case of if I leave the UK to go on holiday for a week then I am going to have to take a further 2 weeks leave to cover the quarantine period.
Holidays? on 14:18 - May 28 with 1625 viewskarnataka

Holidays? on 19:16 - May 27 by majorraglan

I wouldn’t either. Lots of tourist resorts have extra medical provision, but I am not sure they are geared up to deal with Covid19 outbreaks nor am I convinced lots of insurance companies will pay up on medical cover if someone is taken ill with Covid19.

My employer is currently finalising their policy on quarantine and leave, but as things stand it looks as though it’s going to be a case of if I leave the UK to go on holiday for a week then I am going to have to take a further 2 weeks leave to cover the quarantine period.

So far, insurance companies have all said any travel booked after 13th March is not covered and although, coincidentally, my annual family policy has auto renewed today, I'm not thinking of any travel before September atm and only then if travel insurance is active.

Was wondering how planes would be populated to maintain some sort of passenger safety. Most flights I go on have about 32 rows of 6 seats = 192. Can't imagine they'd travel with people in, say, window and centre seats only and every other row to achieve safe separation = 64 passengers out of a possible 192.
Holidays? on 23:46 - May 28 with 1568 viewslifelong

Tui announced today that all holidays booked up to, and including, 30th June have been cancelled.
Holidays? on 08:57 - May 30 with 1444 viewsWhiterockin

Holidays? on 23:46 - May 28 by lifelong

Tui announced today that all holidays booked up to, and including, 30th June have been cancelled.

Tui
Customers with holidays booked up to 31 August 2020 are now able to make free amendments to their bookings online until 30 June 2020.

From the Martin Lewis website.
Holidays? on 10:06 - May 30 with 1410 viewslifelong

Holidays? on 08:57 - May 30 by Whiterockin

Tui
Customers with holidays booked up to 31 August 2020 are now able to make free amendments to their bookings online until 30 June 2020.

From the Martin Lewis website.

Actually managed to speak to somebody at Tui last Thursday, reckoned I will get my refund in the middle of August...not good enough. Asked why he couldn’t do it now stated he wasn’t authorised to do so, asked to put me through to somebody who was, stated nobody was available.
Holidays? on 12:21 - May 30 with 1389 viewskarnataka

Yes, this sounds like it'll work

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/news/brits-clubbing-spain-wear-masks-22111438
Login to get fewer ads

Holidays? on 10:36 - Jun 27 with 1254 viewsWhiterockin

Holidays back on from 6th July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53199089

So are people going to go or are they going to be reluctant.
Holidays? on 10:39 - Jun 27 with 1245 viewsFireboy2

Holidays? on 10:36 - Jun 27 by Whiterockin

I'm just waiting for drakeford to open the border so we do our annual trip to ynys mon.
Holidays? on 10:50 - Jun 27 with 1235 viewsmajorraglan

I should have gone to the States last week, but had no interest in going. We took a voucher a month or so ago as we weren’t sure as to what was going to happen. As things have played out we’d have got our cash back but at the time Trump was exerting pressure to reopen the economy and if the borders had reopened we’d have been stuffed, so the voucher was better than taking the hit.

Some of the wife’s family are looking to book to go to Spain, personally I think they are crackers. People are acting like to all over, we are far from being out of the woods and people need to be careful. I am pretty convinced I have had it and may have picked it up on a flight, jumping on a plane with 190 other people and breathing the same air for 2 to 3 hours ain’t good news.
Holidays? on 10:58 - Jun 27 with 1225 viewsmagicdaps10

Was surprised to receive an email from Ryan Air in week saying that they have processed my refund and should be in my account in 5/7 working days! Yet to receive the money in but its only been a few days.

It was £400 and had written it off, will believe it when it's in the account all the same.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Holidays? on 13:11 - Jun 27 with 1184 viewsmajorraglan

Just read on line that even though the UK government have agreed to relax travel restrictions, the devolved governments who had expected to be consulted re changes in status haven’t been and have not as yet agreed any relaxation of the rules.

How this will pan out remains to be seen, the Scots could ban flights etc from Scotland and Wales and NI could do the same in their respective areas, however as far as Wales goes in practical terms a ban is unenforceable. Boris also talked about reintroducing restrictions if reinfection surges etc, but I’d have thought that would be almost impossible unless he was prepared to shell out massive compensation.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 16:35]
Holidays? on 15:23 - Jun 27 with 1119 viewsScotia

I should have been flying home from Gran Canaria today. We rearranged to September and then next July.

I'm going to see how things pan out and maybe go somewhere October half term.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024