Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the government failed? 08:00 - Apr 27 with 25500 viewsRiscaJack

Can the more educated posters on this forum give me some opinions on this?

For me it looks like a complete disgrace from the start, no leadership, promises not kept, flights still coming into country from badly hit parts of world, using the excuse of "scientific advice" for not postponing the likes of Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Madrid, music gigs. We watched what was happening in Italy, I just can't find any excuses for them.

JENKINS OUT

Have the government failed? on 18:48 - May 1 with 469 viewsNortbankboy

Have the government failed? on 18:39 - May 1 by controversial_jack

The way tests are counted was changed by the government this week, according to the journal, so that tests sent to people’s homes, but not yet returned for processing, are included in the figures.

[Post edited 1 May 18:40]

That's a good idea.
Perhaps they add all the people they are going to send test to next week aswell
Economical with the truth
Have the government failed? on 18:52 - May 1 with 461 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 18:48 - May 1 by Nortbankboy

That's a good idea.
Perhaps they add all the people they are going to send test to next week aswell
Economical with the truth

This govt is so far out of their depth we need the RNLI.
Have the government failed? on 18:56 - May 1 with 453 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 18:40 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

I’m not wriggling. I stated a fact.

There hasn't been a single day where we’ve hit NHS capacity. Now there are all sorts of factors in that, not least the cancellation of all routine operations, people being unwilling to access the NHS for other, in some cases, serious and urgent treatments, but for the virus, no one has been turned away due to lack of beds.

On the care homes front, it’s far more complex than you suggest. The biggest scandal, if true, is the DNR policy. That needs detailed investigation. Also returning people to their care homes without testing and isolation. Again, needs thorough investigation. Scandalous if true.

But the reality is that a 90 year old, in a care home setting, with, for example, dementia, Alzheimer’s or similar, or even without those things, who is not physically capable of withstanding invasive ventilation, is far better surrounded by their own things, in their homes, than they would be in an ICU setting.

And people with the virus, from the start, were told to contact their GP or 111 if at any point their symptoms worsened or if their breathing was affected. The difficulty in some cases is that people have gone from mild to death within an incredibly short period. No one knew that could happen at the start. Particularly in younger people. We are all learning all the time.

Nope you are still wriggling.
You were wrong about the beds.
As well as that the government policy stinks to high heaven.
People dying at home and in care homes when there a 1000s of empty beds in both the newly created hospitals and the Private ones.
[Post edited 1 May 18:57]
Have the government failed? on 19:00 - May 1 with 442 viewsNortbankboy

Have the government failed? on 18:52 - May 1 by controversial_jack

This govt is so far out of their depth we need the RNLI.

They will counting individual gloves next as part
of the millions of ppe they have supplied!
Have the government failed? on 19:01 - May 1 with 442 viewsCooperman

Have the government failed? on 18:13 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EW8ezoMXgAAwtMw?format=jpg&name=large

Thanks, but re the link you sent me last week then it wasn’t updating every day. Is it meant to?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Have the government failed? on 19:04 - May 1 with 439 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 18:56 - May 1 by A_Fans_Dad

Nope you are still wriggling.
You were wrong about the beds.
As well as that the government policy stinks to high heaven.
People dying at home and in care homes when there a 1000s of empty beds in both the newly created hospitals and the Private ones.
[Post edited 1 May 18:57]

No I wasn’t.

Give me details of a day, any day, where NHS capacity has been reached let alone breached.

Just one.

The rest of it is exactly what I’ve already said. But it has to be investigated properly. If there are empty beds, which there are, capacity isn’t the issue (which was the point you made about Germany - capacity).

I love the way that you think this country is lying about everything and yet every other country on the planet is telling the truth on everything. Apart from the ones Trump tells you not to believe of course.
Have the government failed? on 19:18 - May 1 with 420 viewsPozuelosSideys

Have the government failed? on 19:04 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

No I wasn’t.

Give me details of a day, any day, where NHS capacity has been reached let alone breached.

Just one.

The rest of it is exactly what I’ve already said. But it has to be investigated properly. If there are empty beds, which there are, capacity isn’t the issue (which was the point you made about Germany - capacity).

I love the way that you think this country is lying about everything and yet every other country on the planet is telling the truth on everything. Apart from the ones Trump tells you not to believe of course.

Why are you even humouring the rabble? The thread has turned into a carcrash and whatever you say will be twisted and booted into the long grass as they all try and get to a point where they can call Boris a cnt.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Have the government failed? on 19:24 - May 1 with 413 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 18:45 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

I have looked at the data.

And the analysis from expert scientists. Thanks though.

Well, we all know about "Expert Scientists" don't we.
Perhaps you would like to share some data.
You show yours and I'll show you mine.
No I will show everybody reading this instead.
Just a few Examples of the current situation.
UK - 0.156324269 Deaths/cases
USA - 0.058313491
Italy - 0.136116965
Spain - 0.102416552
Germany - 0.040629658
France - 0.145808659
South Korea - 0.023018378
Canada - 0.059809152
Australia - 0.013743165
Czechia - 0.084976694
Sweden - 0.122605727
Japan - 0.03052243

Quote “ we have the same (ish) mortality rate as everywhere else, one would assume.”
That is one massive ball park.

Some of those countries have a lot of ground to make up, or we will have to test an aweful lot more and fing them infected.
Seeing as deaths run a bout 2 or 3 weeks behind new cases it is going to be tough to achieve.
Login to get fewer ads

Have the government failed? on 19:26 - May 1 with 409 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 19:04 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

No I wasn’t.

Just one.

What don't you get about "they are letting them die rather than breach"?
I can't make it any plainer.
Have the government failed? on 19:29 - May 1 with 399 viewsFireboy2

Have the government failed? on 19:00 - May 1 by Nortbankboy

Been told by a paramedic mate of mine they have

Poll: Who is brexithomas17?

Have the government failed? on 19:30 - May 1 with 399 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 18:22 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

“ why we are still getting an average of over 4000 new cases every single day? ”

We are testing far more people now. When we had, say, 5000 cases per day three weeks ago, we were missing 80% of cases. Now we’re missing far fewer.

We’ve had more cases than Germany. And their current testing capacity according to them is 860,000 per week. Ours is now in excess of 700,000 per week. That’s not double,

Btw - their R0 is c. 0.8 at the moment (some say higher). In London the estimate is 0.6 at the moment (slightly higher elsewhere in the UK). We are in a greater lockdown at present than Germany. But Germany have a very different population spread. Their biggest city is less than a third as big as ours.

Then we have this gem, that at last we are getting somewhere near the weekly test rate of Germany this week.
Except of course that they have already done 2,547,052 tests and we haven't yet reached a million.

Have the government failed? on 19:33 - May 1 with 389 viewsA_Fans_Dad

And this one.
"But te Czech Republic also doesn’t have tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of Chinese visitors. Neither does New Zealand. "

Whose fault is it that those thousands of Chinese continued to come here without any testing or Quarantine at all, even now?
The Government's that's who.
[Post edited 1 May 19:34]
Have the government failed? on 19:34 - May 1 with 387 viewssP7qupUf

Have the government failed? on 19:00 - May 1 by Nortbankboy

Louise Minchin picked this up in an interview on Breakfast early this week....it was admitted to in a very round about way.
Have the government failed? on 19:34 - May 1 with 385 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 19:24 - May 1 by A_Fans_Dad

Well, we all know about "Expert Scientists" don't we.
Perhaps you would like to share some data.
You show yours and I'll show you mine.
No I will show everybody reading this instead.
Just a few Examples of the current situation.
UK - 0.156324269 Deaths/cases
USA - 0.058313491
Italy - 0.136116965
Spain - 0.102416552
Germany - 0.040629658
France - 0.145808659
South Korea - 0.023018378
Canada - 0.059809152
Australia - 0.013743165
Czechia - 0.084976694
Sweden - 0.122605727
Japan - 0.03052243

Quote “ we have the same (ish) mortality rate as everywhere else, one would assume.”
That is one massive ball park.

Some of those countries have a lot of ground to make up, or we will have to test an aweful lot more and fing them infected.
Seeing as deaths run a bout 2 or 3 weeks behind new cases it is going to be tough to achieve.

Firstly none of this is remotely funny.

I don’t imagine you’d be rolling about laughing if one of the people close to you had died so have some f***ing respect.

Leaving that to one side the whole f****** point is that our testing has been lacking and we’ve had hundreds of thousands of people infected without testing for it. You’ve said so yourself you clown. On this thread. A few minutes ago. Repeatedly.

You’re seriously stupid if you think that the UK has a 15% death rate. Monumentally stupid. Triumphantly stupid.

Current estimates globally are a death rate of approximately 0.6% - 0.8%. Less than the 1% that the scientists first believed. Start understanding what you read ffs. Or at least attempt to understand some of it.
Have the government failed? on 19:40 - May 1 with 376 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 19:34 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

Firstly none of this is remotely funny.

I don’t imagine you’d be rolling about laughing if one of the people close to you had died so have some f***ing respect.

Leaving that to one side the whole f****** point is that our testing has been lacking and we’ve had hundreds of thousands of people infected without testing for it. You’ve said so yourself you clown. On this thread. A few minutes ago. Repeatedly.

You’re seriously stupid if you think that the UK has a 15% death rate. Monumentally stupid. Triumphantly stupid.

Current estimates globally are a death rate of approximately 0.6% - 0.8%. Less than the 1% that the scientists first believed. Start understanding what you read ffs. Or at least attempt to understand some of it.

You are are getting nasty again beacuse as usual you are proven wrong on multiple counts.
The jest was on you, who hasn't got a clue.
The current situation is on worldometers.
I take it you do know how to divide the number of deaths by the number of cases?
Because that is where those numbers come from.
No "Estimating", actual real data.
Just like the UN & CDC "Estimated" flu deaths with the range of the estimate greater than the minimum number.
Have the government failed? on 19:40 - May 1 with 376 viewssP7qupUf

Have the government failed? on 18:39 - May 1 by controversial_jack

The way tests are counted was changed by the government this week, according to the journal, so that tests sent to people’s homes, but not yet returned for processing, are included in the figures.

[Post edited 1 May 18:40]

Bit like the goal posts have been moved in relation to:

1. The categorisation of C-19 (downgraded in severity).

2. Guidelines for the use of PPE.

I appreciate that the government are doing their best but they really have to be transparent and honest. Also, there needs to be a wholly independent inquiry in to the lot when it's over. Starmer needs to carry on in the manner that he is employing now, supporting where he can but also raising the right questions when appropriate.
Have the government failed? on 19:48 - May 1 with 355 viewsNortbankboy

Have the government failed? on 19:34 - May 1 by sP7qupUf

Louise Minchin picked this up in an interview on Breakfast early this week....it was admitted to in a very round about way.

They have very economical with truth on the deaths.
Until they were found out and told to include deaths in the care homes as well.

Listen we all want to beat this virus and together we can.
But tell the truth
If we haven't tested 100k say so
If we haven't got PEP say so
Give us the proper numbers on how many has died.
People would respect them more if they told the truth.

Have the government failed? on 19:59 - May 1 with 337 viewsKilkennyjack

Johnson’s govt lies again. Fail.

‘Beware of the risen people’ ........🍀🇮🇪 💚 Dim byd grêt am brydain 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Have the government failed? on 20:01 - May 1 with 336 viewsKilkennyjack

Have the government failed? on 19:59 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson’s govt lies again. Fail.

Johnson and Hancock should resign.

‘Beware of the risen people’ ........🍀🇮🇪 💚 Dim byd grêt am brydain 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Have the government failed? on 20:03 - May 1 with 328 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 19:40 - May 1 by A_Fans_Dad

You are are getting nasty again beacuse as usual you are proven wrong on multiple counts.
The jest was on you, who hasn't got a clue.
The current situation is on worldometers.
I take it you do know how to divide the number of deaths by the number of cases?
Because that is where those numbers come from.
No "Estimating", actual real data.
Just like the UN & CDC "Estimated" flu deaths with the range of the estimate greater than the minimum number.

You’ve spent weeks saying that we haven’t tested people. You’ve spent the last few hours saying we haven’t tested positive people. Then you calculate the death rate by deaths over positive tests.

If you don’t see the problem I can’t help you.

You’re as thick as mince.
Have the government failed? on 20:07 - May 1 with 321 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 19:01 - May 1 by Cooperman

Thanks, but re the link you sent me last week then it wasn’t updating every day. Is it meant to?

It’s taken from the daily twitter feed from the Department of Health and Social Care.

The website where all the stats are is here.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/?_ga=2.223923740.60602397.1588270701-1476356867.

Various mathematicians update their charts daily based on the raw data.
Have the government failed? on 20:12 - May 1 with 315 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 20:01 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson and Hancock should resign.

It was their own self imposed target mun. Wales are doing a fraction (with a a Labour government) as a percentage of the population.

Ignoring the rubbish about 122k tests done today which is frankly complete bollox, the fact that there have been 73k actual people tested is positive compared to where we were just a week or two ago.

The bit that’s a complete mystery is why the nonsense. They’ve actually achieved a lot in a short time (from an atrocious starting point by the way) but they’ve buggered up any positivity by sh*t communication and trying to massage the truth with this nonsense. They’ve absolutely no clue about gaining any advantage at all. Everything is shrouded in crap.
Have the government failed? on 20:15 - May 1 with 309 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 19:18 - May 1 by PozuelosSideys

Why are you even humouring the rabble? The thread has turned into a carcrash and whatever you say will be twisted and booted into the long grass as they all try and get to a point where they can call Boris a cnt.

The issue is that genuine problems and mistakes around testing, care homes, PPE are being camouflaged by people criticising stuff that is outside their control or just plain wrong.
Have the government failed? on 20:34 - May 1 with 275 viewsDr_Winston

Have the government failed? on 20:15 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

The issue is that genuine problems and mistakes around testing, care homes, PPE are being camouflaged by people criticising stuff that is outside their control or just plain wrong.

I think it's generally an internet/social media phenomenon. Everything is either brilliant, or shite. There's not really much room for balance or nuance.

I tend to get dragged into defending things I don't much agree with mainly because the opposing view is so idiotically extreme.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Have the government failed? on 20:39 - May 1 with 270 viewswaynekerr55

I think this is fair

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020