Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the government failed? 08:00 - Apr 27 with 25490 viewsRiscaJack

Can the more educated posters on this forum give me some opinions on this?

For me it looks like a complete disgrace from the start, no leadership, promises not kept, flights still coming into country from badly hit parts of world, using the excuse of "scientific advice" for not postponing the likes of Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Madrid, music gigs. We watched what was happening in Italy, I just can't find any excuses for them.

JENKINS OUT

Have the government failed? on 15:04 - May 4 with 532 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 14:58 - May 4 by controversial_jack

Many Asian countries locked down quicker, wore masks and washed their hands more often, and they are generally more law abiding and disciplined.No mystery here.

We’re talking about people of different ethnicities in this country.

So what was done in Asia is of little importance if you live in Lambeth.
Have the government failed? on 15:09 - May 4 with 521 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 14:24 - May 4 by chad

Yes just indicative but it is reporting on large difference in hospitals between

mild symptoms: only 2 out of 49 had low vitamin D

Critical / severe symptoms: only 4 out of 104 DID NOT have low levels of vitamin D

So indicative of large advantage against getting really ill.

Vitamin D deficiency seems to be a worse issue for those in this country with darker skin, but the message from many sources is it is important for all of us.

I posted 2 links to Vitamin D v COVID-19 studies, I posted them on the 1st of May
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8277775/People-low-levels-Vitami
and the really big one of 780 patients in Indonesia .
joannenova.com.au/2020/05/indonesian-study-low-vitamin-d-patients-ten-times-more-likely-to-die-of-coronavirus/
Have the government failed? on 15:13 - May 4 with 511 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 15:04 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

We’re talking about people of different ethnicities in this country.

So what was done in Asia is of little importance if you live in Lambeth.

You have heard of "best practice" I suppose?
In which case why isn't it "of importance if you live in Lambeth."
But I forgot the UK don't follow best practices do they?
Have the government failed? on 15:19 - May 4 with 502 viewsmonmouth

Have the government failed? on 15:09 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

I posted 2 links to Vitamin D v COVID-19 studies, I posted them on the 1st of May
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8277775/People-low-levels-Vitami
joannenova.com.au/2020/05/indonesian-study-low-vitamin-d-patients-ten-times-more-likely-to-die-of-coronavirus/

Congratulations. Have a coconut.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Have the government failed? on 15:27 - May 4 with 489 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 15:19 - May 4 by monmouth

Is it vitamin D rich?
Have the government failed? on 15:28 - May 4 with 486 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 15:13 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

I’ll try to explain slowly, using little words.

We were talking about why people of different ethnic backgrounds living in the UK had different virus outcomes.

Korea having people wearing masks does not result in a different outcome for the following:

1. A white person in Lambeth
2. A black person in Lambeth
3. An Asian person in Lambeth

Even you can’t be so stupid that you can’t follow that. Or perhaps you can. There seems little limit in fairness.
Have the government failed? on 15:30 - May 4 with 479 viewsjack2jack

Have the government failed? on 13:58 - May 4 by Highjack

I saw a jogger the other day empty the contents of his nose all over the pavement with one of those farmers blow manoeuvres.

Yep, seen similar myself, bloody disgusting, what is wrong with these clowns, also on a walk recently, a jogger barged her way through the middle of me and Mrs J2J, i called after her to remonstrate with her, but as per she had ear buds in, so she either didn't hear me or didn't want to hear me, fvcking ridiculous.
Have the government failed? on 15:31 - May 4 with 475 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 15:09 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Yeah all useful, this is just a recent report. You may recall I mentioned this ages ago after a TV Doc raised it, but some on here already well aware anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Have the government failed? on 15:33 - May 4 with 468 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 15:28 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

I’ll try to explain slowly, using little words.

We were talking about why people of different ethnic backgrounds living in the UK had different virus outcomes.

Korea having people wearing masks does not result in a different outcome for the following:

1. A white person in Lambeth
2. A black person in Lambeth
3. An Asian person in Lambeth

Even you can’t be so stupid that you can’t follow that. Or perhaps you can. There seems little limit in fairness.

But a A white person in Lambeth, A black person in Lambeth and An Asian person in Lambeth wearing a Mask might have.
If you can't see that there is no hope of affecting your version of anything.
You just can't see past your next insult.
[Post edited 4 May 15:35]
Have the government failed? on 15:33 - May 4 with 468 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 15:13 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Whoa, Lisa’s comment was perfectly valid in relation to the context of the discussion
Have the government failed? on 15:33 - May 4 with 466 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 14:58 - May 4 by controversial_jack

Many Asian countries locked down quicker, wore masks and washed their hands more often, and they are generally more law abiding and disciplined.No mystery here.

Yes they are more law abiding and disciplined because in a lot of Asian countries if you break the rules you mysteriously disappear in the night and get shot along with your family.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: The official planetswans European election poll. Your vote goes to?

Have the government failed? on 15:40 - May 4 with 447 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 15:33 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

But a A white person in Lambeth, A black person in Lambeth and An Asian person in Lambeth wearing a Mask might have.
If you can't see that there is no hope of affecting your version of anything.
You just can't see past your next insult.
[Post edited 4 May 15:35]

Nope.

We are talking about people from different ethnic backgrounds having different outcomes as is happening in the UK.

By definition, they have all caught the virus, otherwise they wouldn’t have a different outcome for us to be discussing.

There may be hope of affecting my version if you didn’t say such stupid things.
Have the government failed? on 15:47 - May 4 with 429 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 15:33 - May 4 by Highjack

Yes they are more law abiding and disciplined because in a lot of Asian countries if you break the rules you mysteriously disappear in the night and get shot along with your family.

I don't really think that happens in Modern ,Japan, S Korea or Singapore
Have the government failed? on 15:56 - May 4 with 417 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 15:47 - May 4 by controversial_jack

I don't really think that happens in Modern ,Japan, S Korea or Singapore

All countries with the death penalty. Doesn’t Singapore imprison people for chewing gum?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: The official planetswans European election poll. Your vote goes to?

Have the government failed? on 16:06 - May 4 with 412 viewsleighton1318

Have the government failed? on 21:16 - May 3 by karnataka

That's exactly me too Coops, been like that for about 2 weeks now especially during the good weather. Not too bad last couple of rainy days but the cough is still a bloody nuisance. My wife keeps giving me strange looks when I cough but I know it's hay fever.

Have a look into ‘late onset asthma’ which may be an explanation if your discomfort is in your chest/ throat as well as nose.

Means you need an inhaler along with your antihistamines, but perfectly manageable once you are kitted out.
Have the government failed? on 16:09 - May 4 with 408 viewsraynor94

Have the government failed? on 15:19 - May 4 by monmouth

One falling on his head preferably

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game

Have the government failed? on 16:13 - May 4 with 405 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 15:56 - May 4 by Highjack

All countries with the death penalty. Doesn’t Singapore imprison people for chewing gum?

I read a thing on twitter relatively recently that Japan only tells prisoners on death row that their execution is happening an hour or so before it’s done. It was in a report about a Chinese person they executed late last year.
Have the government failed? on 16:21 - May 4 with 393 viewskarnataka

Have the government failed? on 16:06 - May 4 by leighton1318

Have a look into ‘late onset asthma’ which may be an explanation if your discomfort is in your chest/ throat as well as nose.

Means you need an inhaler along with your antihistamines, but perfectly manageable once you are kitted out.

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out but I don't have any breathing problems associated with the hay fever but it's never been anything more than a mild nuisance since we moved away from the oil seed rape.
Have the government failed? on 17:10 - May 4 with 358 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 15:56 - May 4 by Highjack

It's possible to be jailed for minor offences here too
Have the government failed? on 17:11 - May 4 with 357 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 15:31 - May 4 by chad

Yeah all useful, this is just a recent report. You may recall I mentioned this ages ago after a TV Doc raised it, but some on here already well aware anyway.

If you really want to play the who said it first game, I mentioned it on the 18th of March, when did you mention it exactly?
Have the government failed? on 17:28 - May 4 with 339 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 16:09 - May 4 by raynor94

One falling on his head preferably

Have the government failed? on 17:58 - May 4 with 301 viewsTreforys_Jack

Have the government failed? on 17:11 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

If you really want to play the who said it first game, I mentioned it on the 18th of March, when did you mention it exactly?

You really need to get some friends mate.
Have the government failed? on 18:49 - May 4 with 268 viewsperplex

Have the government failed? on 18:48 - May 3 by Garyjack

So are you saying that you wouldn't bother getting tested and carry on going to work as normal? Because to do so would be highly irresponsible don't you think?

Stop being so dramatic, if the test is available I would have it, If I could I would also have a test if I had no symptom's at all.
Have the government failed? on 19:52 - May 4 with 234 viewsBanosswan

Have the government failed? on 10:52 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

No point in arguing with me, tell it to the doctors that recommend it.
Dr Ellie Cannon in the UK and Dr Levitan in New York City.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8280415/DR-ELLIE-CANNON-20-gadget-no-

http://joannenova.com.au/2020/05/mysterious-amazingly-low-oxygen-levels-how-puls

From her article :

Called a pulse oximeter or sats probe, it measures the amount of oxygen in the blood.

No it doesn't.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Have the government failed? on 20:28 - May 4 with 209 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 19:52 - May 4 by Banosswan

From her article :

Called a pulse oximeter or sats probe, it measures the amount of oxygen in the blood.

No it doesn't.

I bow to your superior knowledge.
You should write to her and tell her she is misleading the public.
Perhaps you should also tell hospitals they don't work as advertised.
ie Indirectly measure the Oxygen in the blood and they shouldn't use them either.
https://www.healthline.com/health/pulse-oximetry#purpose-and-uses
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020