Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the government failed? 08:00 - Apr 27 with 27692 viewsRiscaJack

Can the more educated posters on this forum give me some opinions on this?

For me it looks like a complete disgrace from the start, no leadership, promises not kept, flights still coming into country from badly hit parts of world, using the excuse of "scientific advice" for not postponing the likes of Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Madrid, music gigs. We watched what was happening in Italy, I just can't find any excuses for them.

JENKINS OUT

Have the government failed? on 23:44 - May 6 with 656 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 20:37 - May 6 by Kilkennyjack

Read my post again Dumbo.

I was responding to a different point.

As Roy Keane might say... ‘feck off’ ...
[Post edited 6 May 20:38]

Dumbo?

Ah, that cute little elephant that achieves against all abuse. What a kind comparison, thank you. I do have his eyes and baby face.
See you do understand how to compare like with like if you put your mind to it.

That is dumbo not me

I have no idea what you were responding to, nor does it matter, you wrote
‘Talking is far better than not talking mind’
And I commented on that

But din’t worry, it’s easy to get confused.
Have the government failed? on 23:53 - May 6 with 644 viewsploppy

Have the government failed? on 23:26 - May 6 by builthjack

More people are getting it because the govt have indicated that deaths are down, lockdown will be relaxed, etc etc.
So even locally, in the little shitty town I live in, 6 of the 7 takeaways have opened this week, both builders merchants opened back up today, Tesco have relaxed the queue system and so on.
Police who were patrolling the streets haven't been seen all week.

So people will catch it.

Well, deaths are down - you only have to look at the 7-day moving average - but they're still way too high to consider relaxing anything - IMHO anyway. Personally, I'd keep lockdown in place but there's a clamouring for "a roadmap", "a plan", whatever, and I get the feeling that once people hear this they think we're going to be back to normal soon - or at least the "new normal".

There's definitely an increase in traffic, and people out and about in general. But even then, you'd think with social distancing and no gatherings allowed it would be damn difficult to catch it. I suppose there must be a load of asymptomatic carriers out there and a lot of flouting of the rules. I heard of one pub in Pontypool that was busted recently. The BBC were reporting a load of barbers were still operating - but "behind closed doors" and charging £30 (double normal) for a haircut. There must be loads of other examples.
Have the government failed? on 23:57 - May 6 with 635 viewsmajorraglan

Have the government failed? on 23:53 - May 6 by ploppy

Well, deaths are down - you only have to look at the 7-day moving average - but they're still way too high to consider relaxing anything - IMHO anyway. Personally, I'd keep lockdown in place but there's a clamouring for "a roadmap", "a plan", whatever, and I get the feeling that once people hear this they think we're going to be back to normal soon - or at least the "new normal".

There's definitely an increase in traffic, and people out and about in general. But even then, you'd think with social distancing and no gatherings allowed it would be damn difficult to catch it. I suppose there must be a load of asymptomatic carriers out there and a lot of flouting of the rules. I heard of one pub in Pontypool that was busted recently. The BBC were reporting a load of barbers were still operating - but "behind closed doors" and charging £30 (double normal) for a haircut. There must be loads of other examples.

I’d imagine places like barbers, hairdressers would be the environment where Covid19 would thrive, close up contact for extended periods of time and a high turnover of customers, recipe for disaster!
[Post edited 6 May 23:58]
Have the government failed? on 00:07 - May 7 with 622 viewsBest_loser

Have the government failed? on 23:57 - May 6 by majorraglan

I’d imagine places like barbers, hairdressers would be the environment where Covid19 would thrive, close up contact for extended periods of time and a high turnover of customers, recipe for disaster!
[Post edited 6 May 23:58]

Is that a restaurant joke in disguise ?

Doubt it
Have the government failed? on 00:08 - May 7 with 620 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 23:27 - May 6 by majorraglan

Really good question.

I would imagine some will be emergency workers/NHS staff who have been in contact with patients, carers at old people’s homes, people who have to work, the only way we’d really have an idea is via test and trace and asking let’s of questions, which is difficult given the number of cases we have.

Of course those working and required interactions. Shops and supermarkets got to be a big issue
virus likely on surfaces / products and in the air, not just from coughing or sneezing but even from speaking. Add to that people being infectious pre symptoms or having low / indiscernible symptoms

As the doctor said ‘it’s out there it is dangerous’

In addition to social distancing etc. we need to source / produce masks for all IMHO (preferably P3 standard). Unfortunately we are still having difficulty protecting some care homes.
Have the government failed? on 00:21 - May 7 with 606 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 00:08 - May 7 by chad

Of course those working and required interactions. Shops and supermarkets got to be a big issue
virus likely on surfaces / products and in the air, not just from coughing or sneezing but even from speaking. Add to that people being infectious pre symptoms or having low / indiscernible symptoms

As the doctor said ‘it’s out there it is dangerous’

In addition to social distancing etc. we need to source / produce masks for all IMHO (preferably P3 standard). Unfortunately we are still having difficulty protecting some care homes.

Many workplaces don't do social distancing.I know in certain departments in Tata, incoming and outgoing shifts are using the same locker rooms at the same time.

The workplace is where it's happening imo

Have the government failed? on 00:37 - May 7 with 595 viewsmajorraglan

ITV carrying a story about minsters failing to pass on information about increasing reports of illness in care homes to independent scientific advisors for 8 days and not developing a Care home action plan for another month or so. Doesn’t make good reading.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-06/coronavirus-delays-in-action-on-care-home-cr
Have the government failed? on 00:52 - May 7 with 577 viewsDJack

Have the government failed? on 17:53 - May 6 by chad

Not everyone would agree...

Accumulating evidence indicates that simply speaking can emit coronavirus-containing particles that waft through air for tens of meters, hover there, and possibly transmit SARS-CoV-2 to a person who inhales these virus-tainted aerosols.

“Based on the trend in the increase of [SARS-CoV-2] infections, and understanding the basic science of viral infection spread,” Australian and Chinese researchers write, “we strongly believe that the virus is likely to be spreading through the air”

They “plead that the international and national authorities acknowledge the reality that the virus spreads through air, and recommend that adequate control measures . . . be implemented to prevent further spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.”

Or to quote Ronan Keating...

You say it best, when you say nothing at all ;)

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016041202031254X

Your article is above, a hypothesis worth testing to see if it does transmit viable Covid 19 viral-load. I would disagree that there is accumulating evidence, just that there is more "chatter" about the possibilities of such a vector.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Have the government failed? on 09:38 - May 7 with 469 viewsWarwickHunt

Have the government failed? on 00:37 - May 7 by majorraglan

ITV carrying a story about minsters failing to pass on information about increasing reports of illness in care homes to independent scientific advisors for 8 days and not developing a Care home action plan for another month or so. Doesn’t make good reading.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-06/coronavirus-delays-in-action-on-care-home-cr

More “outsiders’” views on it...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/06/complacent-uk
Have the government failed? on 09:50 - May 7 with 459 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 09:38 - May 7 by WarwickHunt

More “outsiders’” views on it...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/06/complacent-uk

Have the government failed? on 09:50 - May 7 with 456 viewsFireboy2

Have the government failed? on 00:37 - May 7 by majorraglan

Care workers were only given a test if they showed symptoms, that is the biggest reason why so many people are dying in care homes.

After the dust has settled on these terrible times the people responsible for this debacle should be hauled over the coals as they are indirectly responsible for these needless deaths.

Poll: Who is brexithomas17?

Have the government failed? on 10:51 - May 7 with 415 viewsNeath_Jack

Have the government failed? on 09:50 - May 7 by Fireboy2

Care workers were only given a test if they showed symptoms, that is the biggest reason why so many people are dying in care homes.

After the dust has settled on these terrible times the people responsible for this debacle should be hauled over the coals as they are indirectly responsible for these needless deaths.

F*cking disgusting.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/six-die-two-weeks-port-18211082

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Have the government failed? on 11:23 - May 7 with 380 viewsCatullus

Have the government failed? on 23:12 - May 6 by builthjack

Open up and face another wave.
Or wait a few weeks.
I know what I would do. The economy will come back, a few weeks won't make much difference in a once in a lifetime virus.

That's assuming it's once in a lifetime, hopefully.

Money shouldn't have such a big say when it comes to health but as long as we use money it will always be this way.
If the economy tanks too much that might cause more health problems too. It's not an easy choice for most but some people, people like Elon Musk will always put money ahead of other things.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Have the government failed? on 11:24 - May 7 with 382 viewsmonmouth

I think it’s getting pretty obvious that the government strategy is a four stage process.

Lie
F*ck up
Lie
Cover up and deflect.

Rinse and repeat.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Have the government failed? on 11:35 - May 7 with 376 viewsHighjack

Who cares for people’s health when there’s money to be made.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: The official planetswans European election poll. Your vote goes to?

Have the government failed? on 11:36 - May 7 with 377 viewsZaxx

Have the government failed? on 09:50 - May 7 by Fireboy2

No different to NHS workers in Wales mate.
Have the government failed? on 11:47 - May 7 with 353 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 10:51 - May 7 by Neath_Jack

F*cking disgusting.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/six-die-two-weeks-port-18211082

Grotesque.

Why on earth isn’t the situation the same in Wales as it is in England on testing now? I don’t understand why they aren’t doing the same thing. Scotland have joined, just not Wales.
Have the government failed? on 12:04 - May 7 with 345 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 23:17 - May 6 by ploppy

I know we've increased testing so we're finding relatively more cases but I'm amazed we're still seeing 4000-ish (6000 today) new cases daily. Where are these people getting infected? We've been locked down forever, there's social distancing and hand sanitisers everywhere, lots of people are wearing masks, no-one's gathering in groups (or are they?). Shouldn't we have seen a marked decrease in new infections by now?

I asked the same question a while back, as well as masks, glasses should also be worn.
It has been known since Wuhan and South Korea that Doctors were being infected through their eyes.
The advice to just go home andwash your hands is no where good enough on it's own.
But not enough people are wearing even masks to make that much difference.
I know it would cause a shortage, but they should also be telling old people, Brown coloured and obese people to take Vitamins D, C, B12 and zinc to boost their immunity.
Somehow the medical profession and government appears to have lost the old fashioned common sense medicine that has been used for years.
Have the government failed? on 12:11 - May 7 with 337 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 00:52 - May 7 by DJack

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016041202031254X

Your article is above, a hypothesis worth testing to see if it does transmit viable Covid 19 viral-load. I would disagree that there is accumulating evidence, just that there is more "chatter" about the possibilities of such a vector.

When top medical experts tell you it is airborne enough to infect you, you should believe it.
Right from the start at Wuhan doctors have caught it through their eyes, which of course masks do not protect.
Oner reason you are seeing far more Visors in photos of people treating COVID-19 patients.
Have the government failed? on 12:13 - May 7 with 332 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 12:11 - May 7 by A_Fans_Dad

When top medical experts tell you it is airborne enough to infect you, you should believe it.
Right from the start at Wuhan doctors have caught it through their eyes, which of course masks do not protect.
Oner reason you are seeing far more Visors in photos of people treating COVID-19 patients.

That’s not the point being discussed though. What was being discussed is whether the virus can remain suspended in the air in places like supermarkets for any length of time.
Have the government failed? on 13:01 - May 7 with 313 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 12:11 - May 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Frontline staff wear visors, so there's double protection with the masks too, so hopefully staff won't be getting it
[Post edited 7 May 13:02]
Have the government failed? on 13:37 - May 7 with 293 viewswaynekerr55

Have the government failed? on 22:14 - May 6 by sP7qupUf

I watched PMQs today. Hopefully there will be plenty more after all this is over. He has also made a mess of Rabb.

Pity Labour held onto Corbyn and his stooges for so long.

If I had one question that could be asked of Corbyn and Swinson, it would be

"What made you believe you would have won?"

And before we get ourselves into a lather, this mess has shown us that all of our politicians need to grow the fùck up and work collaboratively in the interests of the country.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Have the government failed? on 14:18 - May 7 with 265 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 12:13 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

That’s not the point being discussed though. What was being discussed is whether the virus can remain suspended in the air in places like supermarkets for any length of time.

Are there any figures or data regarding the number of cases amongst supermarket staff compared to the rest of the population? You’d think they’d be dropping like flies.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: The official planetswans European election poll. Your vote goes to?

Have the government failed? on 14:22 - May 7 with 258 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 12:13 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

Did you bother to read the article DJack posted?
It was about virii being suspended in air and it is especially indoors.
Have the government failed? on 14:24 - May 7 with 255 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 14:18 - May 7 by Highjack

Are there any figures or data regarding the number of cases amongst supermarket staff compared to the rest of the population? You’d think they’d be dropping like flies.

They introduced gloves, social distancing and Screens.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020