Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the government failed? 08:00 - Apr 27 with 27680 viewsRiscaJack

Can the more educated posters on this forum give me some opinions on this?

For me it looks like a complete disgrace from the start, no leadership, promises not kept, flights still coming into country from badly hit parts of world, using the excuse of "scientific advice" for not postponing the likes of Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Madrid, music gigs. We watched what was happening in Italy, I just can't find any excuses for them.

JENKINS OUT

Have the government failed? on 11:32 - May 18 with 1074 viewsKilkennyjack

Have the government failed? on 22:08 - May 17 by rockj

You really believe this don’t you?

They’ve basically today admitted they can’t do the job and have let England take over testing

Go on deny it

The English based parliament have created the second worst Covid outcome in the world.

You must be a bit twp.

‘Beware of the risen people’ ........🍀🇮🇪 💚 Dim byd grêt am brydain 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Have the government failed? on 12:17 - May 18 with 1050 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 11:32 - May 18 by Kilkennyjack

The English based parliament have created the second worst Covid outcome in the world.

You must be a bit twp.

Have the government failed? on 13:50 - May 18 with 997 viewsScotia

I'm not a fan of Nicola Sturgeon but Scotland have announced an easing of their lock down from May 28th, and testing for anyone with symptoms over the age of five. A far better way of dealing with the exit strategy than Drakeford and his dateless, ambiguous traffic lights.
[Post edited 18 May 14:28]
Have the government failed? on 16:15 - May 18 with 973 viewssP7qupUf

Have the government failed? on 13:50 - May 18 by Scotia

I'm not a fan of Nicola Sturgeon but Scotland have announced an easing of their lock down from May 28th, and testing for anyone with symptoms over the age of five. A far better way of dealing with the exit strategy than Drakeford and his dateless, ambiguous traffic lights.
[Post edited 18 May 14:28]

Drakeford has not got a testing base despite "following the science". Gething said 5,000 tests by mid April. Then Drakeford added it would be 9,000 by the end of April. we had the Roche story but no published proof of a deal being officially signed despite claims. Targets for testing later dropped. It was then "no value" in testing everyone in care homes according to the "science". This was changed to testing in larger care homes and has now changed again, with "the science" to testing everyone in care homes. Testing portal now dropped and we can now access the English system. His explanations as just untruths. Fact of the matter is we have had/still have not got the capacity to carry out tests. We are still below 2,000 a day at this stage. Needs far more to get us out of the situation and we do not have it, hence no time scale. And, just for good measure....... how much was wasted on trying to develop our own testing portal?

I suppose all my pro Senedd fans will berate me for this but it is all about opinions I suppose. And just for context, I think the Westminster government are equally shambolic.
Have the government failed? on 00:03 - May 20 with 882 viewsKilkennyjack

Have the government failed? on 16:15 - May 18 by sP7qupUf

Drakeford has not got a testing base despite "following the science". Gething said 5,000 tests by mid April. Then Drakeford added it would be 9,000 by the end of April. we had the Roche story but no published proof of a deal being officially signed despite claims. Targets for testing later dropped. It was then "no value" in testing everyone in care homes according to the "science". This was changed to testing in larger care homes and has now changed again, with "the science" to testing everyone in care homes. Testing portal now dropped and we can now access the English system. His explanations as just untruths. Fact of the matter is we have had/still have not got the capacity to carry out tests. We are still below 2,000 a day at this stage. Needs far more to get us out of the situation and we do not have it, hence no time scale. And, just for good measure....... how much was wasted on trying to develop our own testing portal?

I suppose all my pro Senedd fans will berate me for this but it is all about opinions I suppose. And just for context, I think the Westminster government are equally shambolic.

The UK clown govetnment of Johnson has totally and utterly failed the people.

Have the government failed? on 00:10 - May 20 with 875 viewsswan65split

ATM I would say YES!

Have the government failed? on 23:32 - May 21 with 759 viewsKilkennyjack

What a surprise ..... lying tw@@ts ...

Have the government failed? on 23:48 - May 21 with 749 viewslonglostjack

Watching Question Time at the moment. The Danish politician, whoever she is, is calling it as it is. Class act. Time for Tory politicians to get real, stop draping themselves in the flag and bullshitting the UK public.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Have the government failed? on 23:57 - May 21 with 741 viewsmajorraglan

Have the government failed? on 23:48 - May 21 by longlostjack

Watching Question Time at the moment. The Danish politician, whoever she is, is calling it as it is. Class act. Time for Tory politicians to get real, stop draping themselves in the flag and bullshitting the UK public.

Helle Thorning-Schmidt, she’s an ex Prime Minster of Denmark, CEO of a few organisations and Mrs Stephen Kinnock.
Have the government failed? on 08:36 - May 22 with 691 viewsmonmouth

Have the government failed? on 23:57 - May 21 by majorraglan

Helle Thorning-Schmidt, she’s an ex Prime Minster of Denmark, CEO of a few organisations and Mrs Stephen Kinnock.

Well they say everyone is allowed one big mistake and by god that's a serious whopper right there.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Have the government failed? on 22:22 - May 22 with 584 viewsScotia

Talking of big mistakes.

It seems that Dominic Cummings travelled from London to his parents in Durham during the early lockdown while being fully symptomatic with Covid.

Apparently the government won't comment. At the very least this has to see him, at least, resigning and surely it makes Boris's position questionable?
Have the government failed? on 22:46 - May 22 with 574 viewssP7qupUf

Have the government failed? on 22:22 - May 22 by Scotia

Talking of big mistakes.

It seems that Dominic Cummings travelled from London to his parents in Durham during the early lockdown while being fully symptomatic with Covid.

Apparently the government won't comment. At the very least this has to see him, at least, resigning and surely it makes Boris's position questionable?

Undermines everything that the government have said. Taking children to elderly parents as well. I fully expect Cummings and the government to try to front it up. Whether or not they can sustain it will be interesting. If he stays it will certainly weaken BJ and the government's position and integrity. If he is still there when parliament returns, I wonder what Starmer's first question will be in PMQs?
Have the government failed? on 22:53 - May 22 with 569 viewsmonmouth

Have the government failed? on 22:46 - May 22 by sP7qupUf

Undermines everything that the government have said. Taking children to elderly parents as well. I fully expect Cummings and the government to try to front it up. Whether or not they can sustain it will be interesting. If he stays it will certainly weaken BJ and the government's position and integrity. If he is still there when parliament returns, I wonder what Starmer's first question will be in PMQs?

Will he be publicly slaughtered by the tory rags like Neil Ferguson was? Will Handjob be shocked and astounded and say he is right to resign?

Will they hell.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Have the government failed? on 23:28 - May 22 with 553 viewsScotia

Have the government failed? on 22:46 - May 22 by sP7qupUf

I'm a little younger than Dominic Cummings. I haven't had any symptoms whatsoever, I've been working at home since early March and abided by the lockdown as much as possible. I've barely seen anyone. I've got a 3 year old.

My parents (my daughters grandparents) who I guess are in the same vulnerable group as Mr and Mrs Cummings senior have missed her birthday, Easter egg hunt, mother's day and my birthday. Whereas the bloke advising the PM has driven, or been driven, the length of England so his parents can babysit.

I have no political allegiance but this bunch have to be held to account. In four and a half years unfortunately.
Have the government failed? on 00:19 - May 23 with 534 viewsswan65split

Have the government failed? on 23:28 - May 22 by Scotia

I'm a little younger than Dominic Cummings. I haven't had any symptoms whatsoever, I've been working at home since early March and abided by the lockdown as much as possible. I've barely seen anyone. I've got a 3 year old.

My parents (my daughters grandparents) who I guess are in the same vulnerable group as Mr and Mrs Cummings senior have missed her birthday, Easter egg hunt, mother's day and my birthday. Whereas the bloke advising the PM has driven, or been driven, the length of England so his parents can babysit.

I have no political allegiance but this bunch have to be held to account. In four and a half years unfortunately.

its day 68 for us in isolation, yep I would say 99/9% of that time stuck in our little area, yep missed Easter, Birthdays missing our 4 gran kids, though weve glimpsed 3 for a few minutes.

If its true the Twot should go
Have the government failed? on 00:26 - May 23 with 530 viewsmajorraglan

Have the government failed? on 22:22 - May 22 by Scotia

Talking of big mistakes.

He is Boris right hand man, they will front this out and he won’t go anywhere. This government is bankrupt when it comes to morals etc.
Have the government failed? on 01:10 - May 23 with 519 viewsswan65split

Have the government failed? on 00:26 - May 23 by majorraglan

He is Boris right hand man, they will front this out and he won’t go anywhere. This government is bankrupt when it comes to morals etc.

We know that. But lessons must be learnt remember the coalition? We won't forget Boris!!!!!! Ignore at your peril

Have the government failed? on 01:27 - May 23 with 513 viewsNotLoyal

Going back to the original question.
No.

Everyone thinks someone is a cûnt, even those who they don’t thinks are cûnts are cûnts to someone else.
Poll: Who would you rather be in charge of the country during these times?

Have the government failed? on 03:16 - May 23 with 498 viewsDJack

Have the government failed? on 01:27 - May 23 by NotLoyal

Going back to the original question.
No.

Either you don't understand the question or you don't understand the answer. Viel Glück.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Have the government failed? on 08:20 - May 23 with 464 viewsKilkennyjack

Have the government failed? on 00:19 - May 23 by swan65split

its day 68 for us in isolation, yep I would say 99/9% of that time stuck in our little area, yep missed Easter, Birthdays missing our 4 gran kids, though weve glimpsed 3 for a few minutes.

If its true the Twot should go

Dom needs to be sacked.
Doubt he will resign.

He knew he was ill and travelled 300 miles with a child.
He knew he was ill and travelled to see elderly vulnerable people.
Laura K refutes story on twitter in less than 10 mins. Stinks.
Peston apologises on twitter for suggesting Dom should be sacked on TV. Stinks.

Durham has been trending on Twitter but not Cummings, how very odd ?
Same story after all.
[Post edited 23 May 8:23]

Have the government failed? on 09:41 - May 23 with 432 viewsswan65split

Have the government failed? on 08:20 - May 23 by Kilkennyjack

Dom needs to be sacked.
Doubt he will resign.

He knew he was ill and travelled 300 miles with a child.
He knew he was ill and travelled to see elderly vulnerable people.
Laura K refutes story on twitter in less than 10 mins. Stinks.
Peston apologises on twitter for suggesting Dom should be sacked on TV. Stinks.

Durham has been trending on Twitter but not Cummings, how very odd ?
Same story after all.
[Post edited 23 May 8:23]

Slimy business and people in politics .
Have the government failed? on 12:31 - May 23 with 389 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 09:41 - May 23 by swan65split

Slimy business and people in politics .

I have even stopped applauding the NHS on Thursdays, as so many are taking the piss and throwing all the hard work back in the faces of the workers.
Have the government failed? on 20:28 - May 23 with 342 viewsLeonWasGod

Have the government failed? on 22:36 - May 17 by Scotia

That pretty much 50% of the Welsh electorate didn't want, and are doing a lamentable job of standing up for the people of this part of the UK.

Er, that's quite clearly a load of bollox as they're not following the catastrophic path of England putting us more at risk. It's hard though as a small nation largely under the control of another country, ad they're far from perfect I understand that. It's hard for them to respond as quickly as England as they don't seem to have the capacity to deal with it all in one go. They also can't raise funds to prop everyone up like Westminster can (separate question here - have they had an injection of extra money from westminster so they can prop up Welsh Businesses, because without that they're largely stuck?).

For once through, in my dealings with the WG through work they're actually doing better than their English counterparts. And then on top of that our death rate per population is better despite having a fraction of the hospital facilities to cope and they're not rushing out of the lockdown whilst infection rates are high (compared to when other countries are lifting their lockdowns).

And they're seemingly taking a more cautious route with the schools, not wanting to risk further outbreaks until they're happy it's safe to go back.

Their actions are a lot closer to other countries that have coped better than the UK, than to the disastrous England/US/Sweden responses. And we don't get the ridiculous pantomime that Westminster serves up each day. I'd rather be here than back home in England, no question. They're standing up for us by trying to stop us dying.
Have the government failed? on 20:51 - May 23 with 333 viewsFireboy2

Have the government failed? on 20:28 - May 23 by LeonWasGod

Er, that's quite clearly a load of bollox as they're not following the catastrophic path of England putting us more at risk. It's hard though as a small nation largely under the control of another country, ad they're far from perfect I understand that. It's hard for them to respond as quickly as England as they don't seem to have the capacity to deal with it all in one go. They also can't raise funds to prop everyone up like Westminster can (separate question here - have they had an injection of extra money from westminster so they can prop up Welsh Businesses, because without that they're largely stuck?).

For once through, in my dealings with the WG through work they're actually doing better than their English counterparts. And then on top of that our death rate per population is better despite having a fraction of the hospital facilities to cope and they're not rushing out of the lockdown whilst infection rates are high (compared to when other countries are lifting their lockdowns).

And they're seemingly taking a more cautious route with the schools, not wanting to risk further outbreaks until they're happy it's safe to go back.

Their actions are a lot closer to other countries that have coped better than the UK, than to the disastrous England/US/Sweden responses. And we don't get the ridiculous pantomime that Westminster serves up each day. I'd rather be here than back home in England, no question. They're standing up for us by trying to stop us dying.

Totally agree with you leon.

Its become a joke in england atm, people are doing what they want, when they want, the only businesses not open are pubs and retailers.

Whereas in Wales it sounds like the continuation of the lockdown is being adhered to and that can only be good.

Poll: Who is brexithomas17?

Have the government failed? on 21:17 - May 23 with 318 viewsScotia

Have the government failed? on 20:28 - May 23 by LeonWasGod

We don't know if Englands path is catastrophic yet. In fact meaures seem to have worked brilliantly in London so far, whereas our R number is amongst the highest in the UK at somewhere around 0.8. We've made little progress in reducing infections over the last two weeks.

I don't expect us to take any risks, but clarity from Drakeford akin to that we saw from Nicola Sturgeon yesterday would be useful.

People in England have clear date targets to aim for, what do we have? An ambiguous traffic light system, where at the moment we sit at a black traffic light??? With no dates, or any other benchmark, as to when we move to the next colour. That is if we move to that colour in one go or bits of it a a time, again nobody seems to know. Looking at the plan, I won't even be able to visit my relatives at home when the virus is controlled, but I could exercise with one of them tomorrow. The entire plan is nonsense, developed (probably in a rush) to try and outdo Westminster, but made to look ridiculous my the Scots and the Northern Irish.

Drakeford has said a test and trace scheme is key, in that case wtf is going on here:-

BBC News - Coronavirus: Concern at delay to drive-through test booking
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52784439

But then again, we abandoned our test target when it was clear we couldn't meet it, and up until a week or so ago we weren't able to test in care homes.

From my experience of working with/for WG, across the board, they'll do things differently because they can. For no good reason or forethought, just because they can. They have to justify their existence.

I'm no fan of the current crop in Westminster, but the performance of the WG is the worst of all the UK administrations.
[Post edited 23 May 22:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020