Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the government failed? 08:00 - Apr 27 with 23968 viewsRiscaJack

Can the more educated posters on this forum give me some opinions on this?

For me it looks like a complete disgrace from the start, no leadership, promises not kept, flights still coming into country from badly hit parts of world, using the excuse of "scientific advice" for not postponing the likes of Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Madrid, music gigs. We watched what was happening in Italy, I just can't find any excuses for them.

JENKINS OUT

Have the government failed? on 07:46 - Apr 28 with 861 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 23:23 - Apr 27 by Kilkennyjack

Drakeford (the new JFK) says no shortages in Wales to date for PPE. Viz .....

In a press conference Mr Drakeford said: "In such a rapidly changing situation… I'm afraid it was a bit inevitable that there would be some gaps here and there."

"There is PPE in the system for everyone who needs it," he said.

"We are doing everything we can with our colleagues in the NHS and suppliers to make sure that everybody who needs it has what they need and has it as fast as possible."

‘He (drakeford) added: "Almost everybody has it, that is really important to say that.

"There will be individual examples, I know, but if you're looking at the big picture then the stuff is out there, it has been going out there."’

Agree on Lady Hale 🕷.

Here are some hard facts for you ....

[Post edited 27 Apr 23:29]

Why do you put so much faith in complete randoms on Twitter?

Janice Greve (me neither) is clearly far too stupid to understand any of the factors involved in this.

Comparing Deaths per millions is a f*cking stupid way of looking at this. Powys has only had 7 deaths with a population of 132,000, which works out at around 50 deaths per million. London has had nearly 4700 deaths with a population of 9 million. This works out at around 522 deaths per million. Now does this suggest Powys County Council are doing a fantastic job?

Now why does Janice Greve Rejoiner think the death rate in London per million is ten times higher than the death rate of Powys? Is the reduced death rate per million in Powys due to Powys being swamped with PPE and testing kits? Did Powys go into lockdown several months earlier due to the mayor of Powys being so visionary and wise?

Can you tweet Janice Greve Rejoiner? We need to know the answers.
[Post edited 28 Apr 9:37]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: The official planetswans European election poll. Your vote goes to?

Have the government failed? on 07:49 - Apr 28 with 853 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 23:59 - Apr 27 by Joe_bradshaw

Why does she cherry pick a few countries to make her point?

Belgium 602
Spain 503
Italy 446
France 357
UK 311

Anyone can do that and make any point they like. I would have sympathy with her view in all probability but that's shoddy journalism which isn't helping her case.

I hope you’re not questioning Janice Greve Rejoiner and her “hard facts”?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Have the government failed? on 07:51 - Apr 28 with 852 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 23:59 - Apr 27 by Joe_bradshaw

Why does she cherry pick a few countries to make her point?

Belgium 602
Spain 503
Italy 446
France 357
UK 311

Anyone can do that and make any point they like. I would have sympathy with her view in all probability but that's shoddy journalism which isn't helping her case.

USA only have 150 deaths per million so I think the hard facts are that Trump is doing a much better job than the EU, but not as good as Powys County Council.

Have the government failed? on 07:59 - Apr 28 with 841 viewsKilkennyjack

Have the government failed? on 07:14 - Apr 28 by Dr_Winston

Shoddy journalism seems to be the default, but maybe they're just playing to the ghoulish types like Kilks who swallow every drop.

Or ‘bury their head in the sand’ types like Dr Winston ...

You are the Comical Ali of PlanetSwans.
The world is screaming crises, but you double down deny.

Its gone badly wrong in the UK, other countries have had far better outcomes, and not many worse.
Thats not an opinion, its a fact.

You cant gaslight a pandemic.
People will be jailed.

‘Beware of the risen people’ ........🍀🇮🇪 💚 Dim byd grêt am brydain 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Have the government failed? on 08:53 - Apr 28 with 806 viewsCatullus

Have the government failed? on 07:46 - Apr 28 by Highjack

Why do you put so much faith in complete randoms on Twitter?

Janice Greve (me neither) is clearly far too stupid to understand any of the factors involved in this.

Comparing Deaths per millions is a f*cking stupid way of looking at this. Powys has only had 7 deaths with a population of 132,000, which works out at around 50 deaths per million. London has had nearly 4700 deaths with a population of 9 million. This works out at around 522 deaths per million. Now does this suggest Powys County Council are doing a fantastic job?

Now why does Janice Greve Rejoiner think the death rate in London per million is ten times higher than the death rate of Powys? Is the reduced death rate per million in Powys due to Powys being swamped with PPE and testing kits? Did Powys go into lockdown several months earlier due to the mayor of Powys being so visionary and wise?

Can you tweet Janice Greve Rejoiner? We need to know the answers.
[Post edited 28 Apr 9:37]

Kilk puts faith in absolutely anybody who attacks the UK government. Some of his posts are actually hard facts but usually taken out of context to back up his point.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Have the government failed? on 09:05 - Apr 28 with 790 viewskarnataka

Have the government failed? on 19:00 - Apr 27 by Neath_Jack

And?

And they are therefore not opinion and do not require to be proven.
Have the government failed? on 09:19 - Apr 28 with 774 viewsNeath_Jack

Have the government failed? on 09:05 - Apr 28 by karnataka

And they are therefore not opinion and do not require to be proven.

You’ve lost me mate, I never passed comment or quoted what you posted?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Have the government failed? on 09:28 - Apr 28 with 767 viewssainthelens

Yet again this morning we see another Govt minister taken to the fckn cleaners by Piers Morgan.
Good on him. They are being shown up as incompetent at best.
Login to get fewer ads

Have the government failed? on 09:39 - Apr 28 with 746 viewskarnataka

Have the government failed? on 09:19 - Apr 28 by Neath_Jack

You’ve lost me mate, I never passed comment or quoted what you posted?

I posted, "The 3 I listed are all facts" , to which you quoted and replied "And?"

Have the government failed? on 09:40 - Apr 28 with 745 viewsgadgetuk

Maybe I am missing something here, but I don't get this statement where they say going into lockdown earlier would have ended up with people ignoring it after x amount of time. Had we gone into lockdown earlier, there would have been less people carrying the virus and it could have been contained better. I would have thought that going into lockdown earlier would have meant we could have left lockdown much more quickly.
Have the government failed? on 09:41 - Apr 28 with 741 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 07:59 - Apr 28 by Kilkennyjack

Or ‘bury their head in the sand’ types like Dr Winston ...

You are the Comical Ali of PlanetSwans.
The world is screaming crises, but you double down deny.

Its gone badly wrong in the UK, other countries have had far better outcomes, and not many worse.
Thats not an opinion, its a fact.

You cant gaslight a pandemic.
People will be jailed.

Has Janice Greve replied yet?

Have the government failed? on 09:45 - Apr 28 with 727 viewsNeath_Jack

Have the government failed? on 09:39 - Apr 28 by karnataka

I posted, "The 3 I listed are all facts" , to which you quoted and replied "And?"

Ok, I never passed comment on your three points, hence my reply of “and”. I quoted and was responding to a post that controversial chap made in reference to the professor.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Have the government failed? on 09:49 - Apr 28 with 713 viewsProfessor

ONS data showing around 8k more deaths than recorded previously up to 17/4. I would suggest that puts us close to 35k now. Shows how poorly we have done I am afraid
Have the government failed? on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 707 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 08:53 - Apr 28 by Catullus

Kilk puts faith in absolutely anybody who attacks the UK government. Some of his posts are actually hard facts but usually taken out of context to back up his point.

Yes that manipulation of stats probably convince the #FBPE morons on social media easily enough but anyone with more than fourteen brain cells can see the reasons behind why certain areas and countries have a considerably higher death per million rate than others and it’s little to do with lockdowns or PPE or testing.

Have the government failed? on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 706 viewsFireboy2

Have the government failed? on 09:40 - Apr 28 by gadgetuk

Maybe I am missing something here, but I don't get this statement where they say going into lockdown earlier would have ended up with people ignoring it after x amount of time. Had we gone into lockdown earlier, there would have been less people carrying the virus and it could have been contained better. I would have thought that going into lockdown earlier would have meant we could have left lockdown much more quickly.

This ^

Poll: Who is brexithomas17?

Have the government failed? on 10:05 - Apr 28 with 692 viewsjack2jack

Why does there seem to be confusion between lock down and what should have happened, which would have been to close our borders earlier, much earlier, id say in February, this would have had a completely different effect.
Lets be honest countries like New Zealand have been right on the money, their Prime Minister has been nothing short of magnificent.
Forget all this, ah yes but they are a different size, with a small population bollox. if you use that as a model it will work for all countries that are floating in the middle of the sea, FFS, its not rocket science, why do folk have to complicate matters.
We close our borders, let folk back in, test, send home as soon as they land to self isolate, monitor, and deal with cases as and when, also a track and trace policy should have been implimented immediately, it would not have been difficult knowing who had just come into the country, furthermore public information announcements should have been broadcast to let everyone know, what was occuring, so that action could have been taken if feeling unwell. The list is endless of measures that could have been taken
The truth of the matter is the Government sat on their hands, whilst they knew a pandemic was about to strike, my goodness we talked about this in the office around christmas time, so don't tell me the Government weren't forwarned, they've got scientists and people with ologies advising them.
i'll also say that if we acted earlier, lives would have been saved, and more likely as not the countries economy would not have gone down the shitter.
These are only my opinions and based on what i've seen and read about all this, its not a cut and past exercise, just trying to piece together what i would consider a reasoanable plan of action.
Put it this way you don't generally insure your car, after you've have an accident, do you!
Have the government failed? on 10:52 - Apr 28 with 650 viewsProfessor

Have the government failed? on 07:51 - Apr 28 by Highjack

USA only have 150 deaths per million so I think the hard facts are that Trump is doing a much better job than the EU, but not as good as Powys County Council.

Very hard to judge US figures as no single body will record them. They are also very early into their outbreak, so may well prove much higher. We will see.

However, the UK levels based on the ONS data would put us above France (who are already recording all deaths) yand pretty much level with Spain and Italy. Not that unexpected really
Have the government failed? on 11:00 - Apr 28 with 637 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 10:05 - Apr 28 by jack2jack

Why does there seem to be confusion between lock down and what should have happened, which would have been to close our borders earlier, much earlier, id say in February, this would have had a completely different effect.
Lets be honest countries like New Zealand have been right on the money, their Prime Minister has been nothing short of magnificent.
Forget all this, ah yes but they are a different size, with a small population bollox. if you use that as a model it will work for all countries that are floating in the middle of the sea, FFS, its not rocket science, why do folk have to complicate matters.
We close our borders, let folk back in, test, send home as soon as they land to self isolate, monitor, and deal with cases as and when, also a track and trace policy should have been implimented immediately, it would not have been difficult knowing who had just come into the country, furthermore public information announcements should have been broadcast to let everyone know, what was occuring, so that action could have been taken if feeling unwell. The list is endless of measures that could have been taken
The truth of the matter is the Government sat on their hands, whilst they knew a pandemic was about to strike, my goodness we talked about this in the office around christmas time, so don't tell me the Government weren't forwarned, they've got scientists and people with ologies advising them.
i'll also say that if we acted earlier, lives would have been saved, and more likely as not the countries economy would not have gone down the shitter.
These are only my opinions and based on what i've seen and read about all this, its not a cut and past exercise, just trying to piece together what i would consider a reasoanable plan of action.
Put it this way you don't generally insure your car, after you've have an accident, do you!

You can’t forget about all this ah yes they are a different size with a small population bollox though because it is highly relevant. There’s a reason why cities such as London, New York and Paris are disproportionately more affected. It’s not just the huge population packed tightly together, but it’s also the countless millions that move in and out every day commuting from outside or visiting. Then you consider London is only 3 hours or so from other large population centres like Birmingham or Manchester. The virus was always going to have a field day in this country.

New Zealand gets absolutely nothing like that. They don’t get that many people coming in. They also went through this in the peak of summer. Now I’m not necessarily saying the New Zealand PM has done a bad job but it’s clear he had a significantly easier job given the demographics of the country.

Have the government failed? on 11:06 - Apr 28 with 625 viewsDr_Winston

Have the government failed? on 11:00 - Apr 28 by Highjack

You can’t forget about all this ah yes they are a different size with a small population bollox though because it is highly relevant. There’s a reason why cities such as London, New York and Paris are disproportionately more affected. It’s not just the huge population packed tightly together, but it’s also the countless millions that move in and out every day commuting from outside or visiting. Then you consider London is only 3 hours or so from other large population centres like Birmingham or Manchester. The virus was always going to have a field day in this country.

New Zealand gets absolutely nothing like that. They don’t get that many people coming in. They also went through this in the peak of summer. Now I’m not necessarily saying the New Zealand PM has done a bad job but it’s clear he had a significantly easier job given the demographics of the country.

You have misgendered the lovely Jacinda.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Have the government failed? on 11:07 - Apr 28 with 623 viewsraynor94

Excellent post👏

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game

Have the government failed? on 11:10 - Apr 28 with 611 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 11:06 - Apr 28 by Dr_Winston

You have misgendered the lovely Jacinda.

You’re correct. I forgot they have women in New Zealand.

Have the government failed? on 11:17 - Apr 28 with 591 viewsjack2jack

Yes, but that's the whole point High, the borders should have been closed, and more stringent measures put in place, fvck me folk are still coming into the country, and not being checked,its irresponsible at best;criminal even.
My whole point is that our borders should have been effectively shut in February, it really wasn't difficult, they were streaming in unchecked into concentrated areas, not wondering in all over the place, i'm sorry mate but its a fvck up, and i dont really care about stats, demographics and all the rest, we the government should have been on it from day one, and they took their eye off the ball. our Borders should have been SHUT, its that simple.
Why would it have been so hard to shut down our borders and tell folk to fvck off home, and not go to work etc, and spread whatever disease they had all over the place.
Nah its a mess mate.
Have the government failed? on 11:23 - Apr 28 with 582 viewsjack2jack

Have the government failed? on 11:07 - Apr 28 by raynor94

Excellent post👏

Maybe, but missing my point completely, as to what should have been done, a lot, lot earlier. why folk cant see that, i'm at a loss.
Anyways i'm out, its a moot conversation, we are where we are, its a fvcking mess.
Lives lost, business and our economy going down the shoot.
Take care mate.
Have the government failed? on 11:24 - Apr 28 with 580 viewsDr_Winston

Have the government failed? on 11:17 - Apr 28 by jack2jack

Yes, but that's the whole point High, the borders should have been closed, and more stringent measures put in place, fvck me folk are still coming into the country, and not being checked,its irresponsible at best;criminal even.
My whole point is that our borders should have been effectively shut in February, it really wasn't difficult, they were streaming in unchecked into concentrated areas, not wondering in all over the place, i'm sorry mate but its a fvck up, and i dont really care about stats, demographics and all the rest, we the government should have been on it from day one, and they took their eye off the ball. our Borders should have been SHUT, its that simple.
Why would it have been so hard to shut down our borders and tell folk to fvck off home, and not go to work etc, and spread whatever disease they had all over the place.
Nah its a mess mate.

The WHO declared it a Pandemic on Mar 12th. New Zealand closed borders on Mar 19th. We should have closed ours in February?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Have the government failed? on 11:25 - Apr 28 with 578 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Have the government failed? on 11:17 - Apr 28 by jack2jack

Nah its a mess mate.

The failure to control the borders is probably the biggest stick with which to beat the government, I agree.

The ironic thing about it is that those currently in charge were the very people who have talked about little else than control of our own borders for the last four years.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020