Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? 04:09 - May 5 with 8763 viewsGlyn1

Maybe someone should start a poll.

For myself, absolutely I will.

But I completely understand the concerns of people who don't like Big Brother watching them and doubt if they will reach their percentage target, whatever that is.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 4:10]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 06:45 - May 5 with 4836 viewsScotia

I will. I'm not entirely comfortable with it but I honestly don't think any organisation would get access to data they don't already have. It is genuinely for the greater good and is a way out of the lock down, I'd rather the app be compulsory than cctv and card transactions used as in South Korea.
Worst case scenario is somebody finds out I call for a pint when taking the dog for a walk. That seems like a long time ago now 😕
[Post edited 5 May 2020 6:57]
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 09:07 - May 5 with 4777 viewstheloneranger

I can't find it. 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 09:23 - May 5 with 4764 viewsWarwickHunt

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 09:07 - May 5 by theloneranger

I can't find it. 😇

Use crayons and paper.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:30 - May 5 with 4697 viewsWhiterockin

The app needs to be universal. No sense in the UK (wouldn't surprise me if Drakeford went with Europe on this) having a different app to the rest of Europe and possibly the world, it would have unbelievable implications for travel when this is permitted. Closer to home what about the UK/Irish border with different apps.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:34 - May 5 with 4689 viewsjack2jack

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 09:07 - May 5 by theloneranger

I can't find it. 😇

Its being proof tested in the isle of Wight initially, it will be available soon after the trials there. There are other apps apparently, but this one is the Government backed one, as i understand it.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:50 - May 5 with 4667 viewsswanforthemoney

I read it uses Bluetooth.
Bluetooth munches my battery life.
I won’t be using it for that reason.
Looks like a major design flaw to me.
Maybe I’m the only one who has to be very sparing with Bluetooth use?

I stand in the North Stand

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:52 - May 5 with 4664 viewsItchySphincter

Is Cummings’s sidekick and his brother behind all this with their AI firm or are they just mining and exploiting your personal data?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:56 - May 5 with 4657 viewsScotia

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:50 - May 5 by swanforthemoney

I read it uses Bluetooth.
Bluetooth munches my battery life.
I won’t be using it for that reason.
Looks like a major design flaw to me.
Maybe I’m the only one who has to be very sparing with Bluetooth use?

Apparently it uses battery saving bluetooth if that's any good.
Login to get fewer ads

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:58 - May 5 with 4654 viewsScotia

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:52 - May 5 by ItchySphincter

Is Cummings’s sidekick and his brother behind all this with their AI firm or are they just mining and exploiting your personal data?

Apparently they are "supporting" it, Whatever that means. Apparently you only input the first part of your postcode swith on bluetooth, I don't think theres any actual personal data used by it.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 12:02 - May 5 with 4647 viewsKilkennyjack

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:52 - May 5 by ItchySphincter

And for that reason only, i am undecided.

Yes of course i want to download and use the app.
Its the right thing to do.

Why or why isn’t the app made by a major software company like Apple, Microsoft, Google - or even all of them. Make them work together so we get a choice.

No - we get the brother of Dom Cummings mate.
That said, i know nothing about him, just seems a bit suspect ?

On balance i will get, but i do have concerns.

Beware of the Risen People

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 12:41 - May 5 with 4627 viewsJack_Meoff

No.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 12:58 - May 5 with 4600 viewsScotia

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 12:41 - May 5 by Jack_Meoff

No.

Why? I am genuinely interested. I can see absolutely no reason why anyone wouldn't apart from not liking a company who are involved in it to some degree.

I'm not an expert in anything IT related so I am just wondering if there is something I need to worry about. I was completely in favour of this app, in fact I was saying to the Mrs lunchtime that perhaps it should be compulsory for those who want to participate in the initial relase of lock down. But I'm now thinking I may be missing something?
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 12:58 - May 5 with 4600 viewstheloneranger

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 09:23 - May 5 by WarwickHunt

Use crayons and paper.

Thanks for the tip, but my wife has used up all the grease proof paper, so I can't do any tracing. 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 13:00 - May 5 with 4600 viewsjacktar

My understanding is that there is very little personal data held. They will only need to know who you are if the app shows that you have been in near contact with someone who uses the app has shown symptoms. They need this so that you can be tested. The app will then notify all persons who have been in near contact with a symptomatic person through their phones.
Sounds reasonable if you believe what Matt Hancock has said.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 13:09 - May 5 with 4592 viewsploppy

Yes.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 13:11 - May 5 with 4589 viewsCatullus

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 12:02 - May 5 by Kilkennyjack

And for that reason only, i am undecided.

Yes of course i want to download and use the app.
Its the right thing to do.

Why or why isn’t the app made by a major software company like Apple, Microsoft, Google - or even all of them. Make them work together so we get a choice.

No - we get the brother of Dom Cummings mate.
That said, i know nothing about him, just seems a bit suspect ?

On balance i will get, but i do have concerns.

Personally I don't trust Apple, Google or Microsoft that much but I'll still be downloading the app.
The only thing that really concerns me is that the app does exactly what it's supposed to do and it works properly without causing any software conflicts on my phone.

Of course if it turns out the mate of the brother wasn't up to the job and only got it through 'contacts' then thats an entirely different matter, certainly enough for Cummings to be sacked and possibly for Bojo to resign too, this is too big for mates rates!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 14:58 - May 5 with 4537 viewslondonlisa2001

As it is now and with what’s known about it, no.

Would I download ‘any’ app for this purpose? Yes, absolutely. Just not this one.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 15:13 - May 5 with 4509 viewslondonlisa2001

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 13:11 - May 5 by Catullus

Personally I don't trust Apple, Google or Microsoft that much but I'll still be downloading the app.
The only thing that really concerns me is that the app does exactly what it's supposed to do and it works properly without causing any software conflicts on my phone.

Of course if it turns out the mate of the brother wasn't up to the job and only got it through 'contacts' then thats an entirely different matter, certainly enough for Cummings to be sacked and possibly for Bojo to resign too, this is too big for mates rates!

The google / apple international app is the one we should be using. Not this separate one.

Plus, according to tech experts, it won’t work as iPhones can’t do what it says they’ll do. So the whole thing may well be a pile of crap.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 16:18 - May 5 with 4458 viewssherpajacob

No point now.

The PM says the crisis is virtually over and we've successfully avoided the devastation and deaths suffered by other countries. It's all down to how well its been managed.

The PM couldn't possibly lie to the country about any of that?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 17:48 - May 5 with 4419 viewslondonlisa2001

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:58 - May 5 by Scotia

Apparently they are "supporting" it, Whatever that means. Apparently you only input the first part of your postcode swith on bluetooth, I don't think theres any actual personal data used by it.

It’ll be interesting to see how they manage to send you the test you order from the app with just the first part of your post code...
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 18:33 - May 5 with 4391 viewsJack_Meoff

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 12:58 - May 5 by Scotia

Why? I am genuinely interested. I can see absolutely no reason why anyone wouldn't apart from not liking a company who are involved in it to some degree.

I'm not an expert in anything IT related so I am just wondering if there is something I need to worry about. I was completely in favour of this app, in fact I was saying to the Mrs lunchtime that perhaps it should be compulsory for those who want to participate in the initial relase of lock down. But I'm now thinking I may be missing something?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/cybersecurity-experts-uk-go

I just don't trust these opportunists. In the slightest.
Once they've built their surveillance infrastructure it's not going away. I've also been more concerned about the stripping of rights in the Coronavirus Bill, as, again once they're gone they rarely get given back. Though I guess that's a conversation for a different thread.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 18:39 - May 5 with 4383 viewsdickythorpe

PPE is what we need,not a fúcking app that monitors your every movement.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 18:59 - May 5 with 4374 viewsNeath_Jack

It's a no from me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 19:03 - May 5 with 4370 viewsploppy

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 18:33 - May 5 by Jack_Meoff

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/cybersecurity-experts-uk-go

I just don't trust these opportunists. In the slightest.
Once they've built their surveillance infrastructure it's not going away. I've also been more concerned about the stripping of rights in the Coronavirus Bill, as, again once they're gone they rarely get given back. Though I guess that's a conversation for a different thread.

It's an app. When we're done with all this, or whenever you feel like, delete the app from your phone.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 19:16 - May 5 with 4352 viewsJackinexile1

Nope.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024