Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? 04:09 - May 5 with 8761 viewsGlyn1

Maybe someone should start a poll.

For myself, absolutely I will.

But I completely understand the concerns of people who don't like Big Brother watching them and doubt if they will reach their percentage target, whatever that is.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 4:10]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 12:57 - May 11 with 1210 viewsgadgetuk

Looks like the app only works on Apple and Samsung devices - Genius :

Huawei and some older mobile phones cannot run the NHS contact-tracing app being trialled on the Isle of Wight, according to NHSX, the health service's digital innovation unit.

Dr Geraint Lewis, who is in charge of the development of the NHS Covid-19 app, said the new tool would only work with newer operating systems on Apple and Samsung phones.

Speaking to BBC Radio Solent, he said phones needed to have the capability of running Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and to be running either Apple ios 11 upwards or Android 8 upwards.

He said there were three reasons why a phone would not run the app. Either the development team had not got around to supporting that particular phone; the phone itself does not have BLE, or the operating system is not supported.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 13:26 - May 11 with 1195 viewsTenbySwan

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 11:52 - May 5 by ItchySphincter

Is Cummings’s sidekick and his brother behind all this with their AI firm or are they just mining and exploiting your personal data?

For this reason i will NOT be using..

I appreciate other apps track you.

But i just do not trust the Government, and they have paid the brother £250m to develop it. The same bloke who ran the Conservative Brexit campaign and the last general election.

If it was a truly independent company i would have no problem.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 13:49 - May 11 with 1176 viewsScotia

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 12:57 - May 11 by gadgetuk

Huawei and some older mobile phones cannot run the NHS contact-tracing app being trialled on the Isle of Wight, according to NHSX, the health service's digital innovation unit.

Dr Geraint Lewis, who is in charge of the development of the NHS Covid-19 app, said the new tool would only work with newer operating systems on Apple and Samsung phones.

Speaking to BBC Radio Solent, he said phones needed to have the capability of running Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and to be running either Apple ios 11 upwards or Android 8 upwards.

He said there were three reasons why a phone would not run the app. Either the development team had not got around to supporting that particular phone; the phone itself does not have BLE, or the operating system is not supported.

In that case it needs to be abandoned now. Let's go with the Google /apple one ASAP.
I can barely believe the mess the government have made and continue to make of this entire crisis.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 14:32 - May 11 with 1157 viewsGlyn1

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 12:57 - May 11 by gadgetuk

Effing genius. If true.

The people most at risk are also the people who can only afford older / cheaper phones rather than shelling out 6 months' pay for a Samsung G20.

I'm really hoping this is mistaken.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 15:32 - May 11 with 1137 viewsgadgetuk

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 14:32 - May 11 by Glyn1

Effing genius. If true.

The people most at risk are also the people who can only afford older / cheaper phones rather than shelling out 6 months' pay for a Samsung G20.

I'm really hoping this is mistaken.

https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/18440112.nhs-contact-tracing-app-does-n

Be interested to know why it won't work on Huawei phones.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 13:57 - Jun 18 with 1016 viewslondonlisa2001

And in a surprise to almost no one, we are now abandoning the app and moving to the Google/Apple one instead.

Who could have possibly predicted it.

These people are actual idiots. Cummings a ‘genius’. Dear God.
Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 14:07 - Jun 18 with 1009 viewswaynekerr55

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 13:57 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

And in a surprise to almost no one, we are now abandoning the app and moving to the Google/Apple one instead.

Yeah, but Brexit, or something.

At least people are waking up and not fully dancing to that Martian looking prìck

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 18:35 - Jun 18 with 978 viewsJimmyGilligan

Some donuts on here aye. If you have a mobile phone 'they' are already tracking your every move. Unless you're an international drug smuggler, or wanted by Interpol, I wouldn't worry about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 19:12 - Jun 18 with 969 viewswaynekerr55

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 18:35 - Jun 18 by JimmyGilligan

Some donuts on here aye. If you have a mobile phone 'they' are already tracking your every move. Unless you're an international drug smuggler, or wanted by Interpol, I wouldn't worry about it.

Aye, that'll be it.

Ask yourself why they wanted a centralised app...

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 19:22 - Jun 18 with 965 viewsJimmyGilligan

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 19:12 - Jun 18 by waynekerr55

Aye, that'll be it.

Ask yourself why they wanted a centralised app...

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 19:39 - Jun 18 with 959 viewswaynekerr55

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 19:22 - Jun 18 by JimmyGilligan

So no answer then?

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 16:44 - Jun 19 with 923 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Will you download the new tracing app to your phone? on 13:57 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

Unfortunately our wonderful government hasn’t mentioned it to Apple.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53105642

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024