Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Trump correct? 04:42 - May 5 with 1856 viewsGlyn1

"The US has recorded 1,015 new deaths linked to Covid-19 in the past 24 hours, the lowest daily number in a month. Overall, 68,920 people have died with the virus."

They are about 5 times bigger than we are. So are they doing things better than us?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is Trump correct? on 07:48 - May 5 with 1783 viewsBest_loser

Time will tell but whatever happens it won't be down to trump it will be down to scientists and state governors like cuomo

Trump suggested drinking dettol might work ffs
Is Trump correct? on 08:00 - May 5 with 1767 viewsmonmouth

Wow, 68,920 people killed by a hoax.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Trump correct? on 09:21 - May 5 with 1712 viewsDr_Winston

If he is it's in the same way as a stopped clock.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is Trump correct? on 13:03 - May 5 with 1631 viewsSirjohnalot

Trump is using the stat of deaths per population to justify how well he perceives that he is doing to counteract in the virus. This is the only stat that the US are doing well in, and if you think about it, they should be. America is huge, they are very spread out and do not have the population density that the UK does, which is why (and I'm not a traditional supporter of this Government, they've been very slow to react) our figures are so high.

The NYT have quoted a study by the Centre of Disease Control and Prevention which believes that by June they'll have 3,000 death a day, stemming from 200,000 new infections a day (around 25,000 now).

My brother lives in Texas and he was telling me that everywhere is reopening, bars, gyms, beaches etc (they're staying in) and that a lot of people either a) believe its a hoax or that b) Jesus will protect them. That coupled with others taking to the streets armed to the teeth, I seriously worry about Civil War over there.

Trump makes it worse by his crazy ramblings, encouraging disobedience, his eyes are only on re election, he suffers the double terrible traits of being a tyrant and very stupid. Dangerous combination.

At least our politicians face the press and don't dismiss them by calling them 'fake news'.

Longish answer, is, absolutely not is Trump correct.
Is Trump correct? on 13:33 - May 5 with 1590 viewsCatullus

I doubt if Trump is right, I think he's been very lucky. We won't know how big the USA's death toll is for a while yet. Time will tell but I'll still say it's less to do with Trump being right and more to dowith good people lower down the ladder.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is Trump correct? on 13:52 - May 5 with 1579 viewsploppy

It'll be interesting to see what happens now that many of the states are starting to open up. Some of the ones opening up haven't even met the government's own guidelines for when restrictions can be relaxed. Some are still seeing cases rising, when the government's guidelines require them to have 14 days of decreasing cases. Much of this is driven by Trump himself, who I suspect doesn't even believe his own government's guidelines. If the current modelling is anywhere near correct, they are in for a torrid time. Fauci and Birx must be tearing their hair out, but there's only so much they can do. Having said that, there are areas of the states where there's a whole lot of bugger all (both in terms of population and cases). And as they go into summer, maybe the extra UV will have an effect too.
Is Trump correct? on 14:00 - May 5 with 1568 viewsAl_Bundy

Trump has his own priority list of truths -

1 - Trump
2- Sunbed
3 - Economy
4 -Polls
5 - Re-election
5 - Disinfectant shares
6 - CNN bashing
7 - World Peace
8 - Covid
9 - Covid Deaths