Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation 12:37 - May 5 with 2033 viewsdunvantjack100

A Swansea Twitter page has just put out this challenge, some big names missing from their team.

Very tricky when you think about it, full backs looking weak there.

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:10 - May 5 with 2011 viewsProfessor

Terry Phelan (RoI) and Jimmy as full backs-both better than those choices.
Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:25 - May 5 with 2001 viewsProfessor

Fabianski (Poland), Phelan (RoI), Williams (Wal), Fernandez (Arg), Jimmy (Yugoslavia as it was when he played) Leon (Eng), DeGuzman (Ned), Sigurdsson (Ice), Michu (Esp), Bony (Ivory Coast), Ayew (Ghana)

Would be my 11

Bench: Tremmel (GER), Walker (SCO), Agboola (NGR),Montero (ECU), Scotland ( TRI), Borini (ITA), Ki (KOR),

Not selected: Lamah (BEL), Barrow (GAM), Kuqi (FIN) Savarese (VEN) Boyd (JAM) and the legend that is Tom Williams (CYP),Portuguese fella who scored in the Euros

I am sure there are more, that's all I remember
Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:27 - May 5 with 1998 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Trundle before Latchford?

Are they mad?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:32 - May 5 with 1993 viewsProfessor

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:27 - May 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Are they mad?

Yes.

Probably born around 2000 by the choices. No Phelan or Jimmy/Ante is criminal
Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 15:29 - May 5 with 1948 viewsWarwickHunt

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:27 - May 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Are they mad?

Young...
Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 15:41 - May 5 with 1941 viewsDr_Winston

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:25 - May 5 by Professor

Fabianski (Poland), Phelan (RoI), Williams (Wal), Fernandez (Arg), Jimmy (Yugoslavia as it was when he played) Leon (Eng), DeGuzman (Ned), Sigurdsson (Ice), Michu (Esp), Bony (Ivory Coast), Ayew (Ghana)

Would be my 11

Bench: Tremmel (GER), Walker (SCO), Agboola (NGR),Montero (ECU), Scotland ( TRI), Borini (ITA), Ki (KOR),

Not selected: Lamah (BEL), Barrow (GAM), Kuqi (FIN) Savarese (VEN) Boyd (JAM) and the legend that is Tom Williams (CYP),Portuguese fella who scored in the Euros

Strong starting XI there Prof. I'd go along with that.

Never saw Jimmy play but I'll take other people's word for it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 15:47 - May 5 with 1938 viewstheloneranger

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:25 - May 5 by Professor

Would be my 11

You can add some more in the not selected ...

Johnny Haasz. Hungary.

Radanfah Abu Bakr Trinidad and Tobago.

Yves Ma-Kalambay DR Congo.

Itay Shechter. Israel

Dwight Tiendalli. Holland

Noel Dwyer and Ronnie Briggs. Republic of Ireland

Willie Humphries and Jimmy McLaughlin. N Ireland

Michel Vorm. Holland

AND ... Eder. Portugal
[Post edited 5 May 2020 15:53]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 19:44 - May 5 with 1880 viewsProfessor

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 15:41 - May 5 by Dr_Winston

Strong starting XI there Prof. I'd go along with that.

Never saw Jimmy play but I'll take other people's word for it.

He was good. Lovely man too. Rajkovic was a better player, but the eleven work better with Jimmy
Login to get fewer ads

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 22:49 - May 5 with 1841 viewsKilkennyjack

Wrong flag for LT10 ..

‘Swansea striker Lee Trundle has pleaded with new Republic of Ireland boss Steve Staunton to hand him a squad place in the remodelled national team.

Since joining Swansea in July 2003, Trundle's goals have fuelled the club's revival and he has frequently championed his own case for a Republic of Ireland cap.

Previous manager Brian Kerr ignored him but Staunton's appointment has handed the 29-year-old a fresh opportunity to stake his claims.

Trundle qualifies for the Republic through his grandfather and saw his chances apparently boosted over the weekend after Staunton hailed him "a natural goalscorer" in an interview.

The Liverpool-born striker could yet earn a call-up for the Republic's first game under Staunton - a friendly against Sweden at Lansdowne Road on March 1st.

Trundle said: "I was made up when I read what Steve said about me and hopefully the dream will come true at last.

"Steve made reference to John Aldridge being a late starter on the international stage and hopefully I can make a similar impact.

"I've always said that I've got the ability to play at the highest level and playing for Ireland would be the next step up.’

Just saying ...

Beware of the Risen People

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 00:28 - May 6 with 1813 viewsdunvantjack100

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 22:49 - May 5 by Kilkennyjack

Wrong flag for LT10 ..

‘Swansea striker Lee Trundle has pleaded with new Republic of Ireland boss Steve Staunton to hand him a squad place in the remodelled national team.

Since joining Swansea in July 2003, Trundle's goals have fuelled the club's revival and he has frequently championed his own case for a Republic of Ireland cap.

Previous manager Brian Kerr ignored him but Staunton's appointment has handed the 29-year-old a fresh opportunity to stake his claims.

Trundle qualifies for the Republic through his grandfather and saw his chances apparently boosted over the weekend after Staunton hailed him "a natural goalscorer" in an interview.

The Liverpool-born striker could yet earn a call-up for the Republic's first game under Staunton - a friendly against Sweden at Lansdowne Road on March 1st.

Trundle said: "I was made up when I read what Steve said about me and hopefully the dream will come true at last.

"Steve made reference to John Aldridge being a late starter on the international stage and hopefully I can make a similar impact.

"I've always said that I've got the ability to play at the highest level and playing for Ireland would be the next step up.’

Just saying ...

I’m not sure Trundle’s ever considered himself Irish properly in all honesty, I’d say he just wanted to play internationally and didn’t have the chance to play for England.

A point could be made for Ash though, he’s English.
Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:18 - May 6 with 1718 viewsKilkennyjack

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 00:28 - May 6 by dunvantjack100

I’m not sure Trundle’s ever considered himself Irish properly in all honesty, I’d say he just wanted to play internationally and didn’t have the chance to play for England.

A point could be made for Ash though, he’s English.

I think the players have a say within the rules.

Trunds said Ireland.
Ash said Wales.
Zaha said ivory Coast.
Dai Brooks said Wales.

There might be a pattern here ....?

Beware of the Risen People

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:46 - May 6 with 1707 viewsNotLoyal

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 13:32 - May 5 by Professor

Yes.

Probably born around 2000 by the choices. No Phelan or Jimmy/Ante is criminal

Never saw latchford in the flesh for us but what I’ve seen from footage he was a true lay great player. Was at his height it seems when he signed for us but never got picked for england again 🤔

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 22:53 - May 6 with 1650 viewsdunvantjack100

Another one, no two players can have played in the same team as each other, very tough.
Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 14:51 - May 7 with 1595 viewsMuteswan

Favourite Swans 11, 1 player per nation on 15:47 - May 5 by theloneranger

You can add some more in the not selected ...

Johnny Haasz. Hungary.

Radanfah Abu Bakr Trinidad and Tobago.

Yves Ma-Kalambay DR Congo.

Itay Shechter. Israel

Dwight Tiendalli. Holland

Noel Dwyer and Ronnie Briggs. Republic of Ireland

Willie Humphries and Jimmy McLaughlin. N Ireland

Michel Vorm. Holland

AND ... Eder. Portugal
[Post edited 5 May 2020 15:53]

How about Giorgio Chinaglia. Italy?

A few others...