Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Ball / Capt Tom 20:03 - May 6 with 1919 viewsdna

TV special this evening

How lush was that

Didn't realise Michael and his film crew were living with the lovely old gent.

There are people who'd love to travel and sit in the garden with their loved ones.

Double standards?
[Post edited 6 May 2020 20:39]
Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 21:05 - May 6 with 1854 viewscentrestandswan

The chap did really well raising the money that he did (I contributed) but I do feel now that the media coverage is getting a tad out of hand, good on the bloke but give him and us a rest please. It is because the NHS has been so badly run and misused that he had to do what he did in the first place. No problem with the chap but Media please.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 21:17 - May 6 with 1843 viewsdna

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 21:05 - May 6 by centrestandswan

The chap did really well raising the money that he did (I contributed) but I do feel now that the media coverage is getting a tad out of hand, good on the bloke but give him and us a rest please. It is because the NHS has been so badly run and misused that he had to do what he did in the first place. No problem with the chap but Media please.

Exactly, propaganda machine in overdrive

This time last year my mum was dying with cancer, can't imagine how i/she/the family would have managed if it had been now - bet there are people in the same position now
Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 00:01 - May 7 with 1742 viewsTenbySwan

Major Tom did well with his walk, but this business with Michael Ball jumpimg on the bandwagon and getting him to No 1 is a load of cr@p. As for the TV report today and MB travelling to neet him, unbelievable and clearly not essential.

Also bit of a row brewing tonight re Just Giving who stand to make 600k in fees being their admin charge.
Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 07:18 - May 7 with 1668 viewsdickythorpe

Only in Britain can we pour negativity over something that was uplifting, inspiring and positive.
Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 13:30 - May 7 with 1562 viewsJackSomething

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 07:18 - May 7 by dickythorpe

Only in Britain can we pour negativity over something that was uplifting, inspiring and positive.

I don't think anyone would dispute that what he did was all the things you say. What's disappointing is the way people are now exploiting his fantastic efforts for their own reasons, which are likely to be far less pure than his.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 14:54 - May 7 with 1536 viewsblackpooljack

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 00:01 - May 7 by TenbySwan

Major Tom did well with his walk, but this business with Michael Ball jumpimg on the bandwagon and getting him to No 1 is a load of cr@p. As for the TV report today and MB travelling to neet him, unbelievable and clearly not essential.

Also bit of a row brewing tonight re Just Giving who stand to make 600k in fees being their admin charge.

If it was Major Tom it must have been a space walk.
Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 14:56 - May 7 with 1530 viewsFireboy2

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 00:01 - May 7 by TenbySwan

I think you will find that it's his daughter and son In law who are due to make alot of money out of Tom's excellent gesture.
Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 14:57 - May 7 with 1524 viewslondonlisa2001

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 14:56 - May 7 by Fireboy2

I think you will find that it's his daughter and son In law who are due to make alot of money out of Tom's excellent gesture.

Why? Not disputing it, just haven’t taken an awful lot of interest to be honest other than the headlines.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 14:57 - May 7 with 1524 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 14:54 - May 7 by blackpooljack

Bit of an oddity isn't it?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 15:11 - May 7 with 1517 viewsFireboy2

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 14:57 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

Why? Not disputing it, just haven’t taken an awful lot of interest to be honest other than the headlines.

Same here lisa but I got the heads up a few days ago that Tom's daughter and son in laws company maytrix started the just giving cause and have made 1.98% out of the amount made.
Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 15:23 - May 7 with 1507 viewsTenbySwan

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 14:54 - May 7 by blackpooljack

He'll always be Major Tom to me 😁👍

Ground Control to ..........

Fancy making him a Colonel 😁 !
Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 15:47 - May 7 with 1489 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 15:11 - May 7 by Fireboy2

Same here lisa but I got the heads up a few days ago that Tom's daughter and son in laws company maytrix started the just giving cause and have made 1.98% out of the amount made.

Have you vandalised any 5G phone masts recently?
[Post edited 7 May 2020 15:59]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 16:21 - May 7 with 1470 viewslondonlisa2001

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 15:11 - May 7 by Fireboy2

I don’t think anyone gets any cut from setting up a just giving account?

The company that owns the platform (it’s a US company) used to take a 5% admin fee but I’m not sure whether they waived this some time ago after complaints or whether that was another similar platform.
Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 16:32 - May 7 with 1457 viewsFireboy2

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 16:21 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

I don’t think anyone gets any cut from setting up a just giving account?

The company that owns the platform (it’s a US company) used to take a 5% admin fee but I’m not sure whether they waived this some time ago after complaints or whether that was another similar platform.

Yes I know but why would this rumour about this come out?
Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 16:38 - May 7 with 1453 viewslondonlisa2001

Michael Ball / Capt Tom on 16:32 - May 7 by Fireboy2

Yes I know but why would this rumour about this come out?

Because some people like to cause problems and create chaos for a laugh?

Same reason as some are saying it’s 5g or some others are saying the vaccine volunteers at Oxford died after 48 hours (both of which are bollox).

Edited to add: it’s been checked by full fact and is, unsurprisingly, complete nonsense.

https://fullfact.org/online/captain-tom-maytrix-group/
[Post edited 7 May 2020 16:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024