Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disunited Britain 09:07 - May 8 with 5008 viewsPentyrchJack

At a time when we are commemorating VE Day as one nation, why on earth can't Johnson, Sturgeon and Drakeford coordinate their respective announcements on COVID 19 lockdown arrangements?

I understand the political imperatives for devolution but surely they should all be sufficiently mature to synchronise both the content and timing of the message?

Churchill oversaw the greatest victory by working with our allies and this bunch of morons today can't even synchronise their watches.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Disunited Britain on 09:31 - May 8 with 3736 viewsKilkennyjack

I am guessing because the UK numbers remain dreadful and so if you call this one wrong then 10’s of 1000’s could die.

Comrade Nicola and Professor Mark Drakeford are putting the health of people first , and therefore favour a low risk next step at a time when the numbers are better.

Johnson is probably just bored now, he does not like detail, and as the rest of the world - with better numbers - starts to unlock then why not UK as well ?
Also his moneyed supporters favour wealth over health.

Its a very positive thing that Boris cant simply make a reckless decision without any meaningful debate. Its too important.

Follow the numbers, and the real science.
Not Cummings science.

Beware of the Risen People

Disunited Britain on 10:56 - May 8 with 3621 viewsHighjack

Churchill and Atlee were enemies politically but put all that aside to come together for an extraordinary duo who complimented each other in the national interest.

None of the individuals involved today have anywhere near that level of maturity. In the instance of Ms Sturgeon it’s literally her job to help the UK fail. She’d be standing on Hadrians wall welcoming the Wehrmacht with open arms.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Disunited Britain on 11:03 - May 8 with 3613 viewsBytholWyn

Disunited Britain on 10:56 - May 8 by Highjack

Churchill and Atlee were enemies politically but put all that aside to come together for an extraordinary duo who complimented each other in the national interest.

None of the individuals involved today have anywhere near that level of maturity. In the instance of Ms Sturgeon it’s literally her job to help the UK fail. She’d be standing on Hadrians wall welcoming the Wehrmacht with open arms.

I enjoy your posts, even if I rarely agree with them, but you've embarrassed yourself here.
Disunited Britain on 11:07 - May 8 with 3606 viewsDr_Winston

Disunited Britain on 11:03 - May 8 by BytholWyn

I enjoy your posts, even if I rarely agree with them, but you've embarrassed yourself here.

Not suggesting for a second that Wee Jimmy would throw her arms open in welcome to the Wehrmacht, but if she did, she wouldn't be the first Scottish Nationalist to do so...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/may/09/highereducation.humanities

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Disunited Britain on 11:12 - May 8 with 3598 viewsswan85

Disunited Britain on 09:31 - May 8 by Kilkennyjack

I am guessing because the UK numbers remain dreadful and so if you call this one wrong then 10’s of 1000’s could die.

Comrade Nicola and Professor Mark Drakeford are putting the health of people first , and therefore favour a low risk next step at a time when the numbers are better.

Johnson is probably just bored now, he does not like detail, and as the rest of the world - with better numbers - starts to unlock then why not UK as well ?
Also his moneyed supporters favour wealth over health.

Its a very positive thing that Boris cant simply make a reckless decision without any meaningful debate. Its too important.

Follow the numbers, and the real science.
Not Cummings science.

I agree with a lot of what you say there, particularly the proper science and not Cummings. This government do have questions to answer, herd immunity, testing availability, PPE to name a few. But something tells me if the Westminster government said another 3 weeks lock down, NS would be the first to say they have it wrong.
Disunited Britain on 11:22 - May 8 with 3572 viewsWarwickHunt

Put another couple of layers on that tinfoil hat...
Disunited Britain on 12:00 - May 8 with 3534 viewssherpajacob

Providing a consistent clear message is not Johnsons (cummings) modus operandi. he's only got where he is by telling people want they want to hear, even if it means giving completely contradictory messages to different audiences.

Floating ideas through the media via anonymous sources. If popular they'll run with it, if not they'll deny all knowledge.

Its the worst possible approach during a pandemic, and one reason for our terrible death rates, but its works for Johnson politically. The number of shitforbrains who say he's doing a good job and will vote for him is evidence of that.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Disunited Britain on 12:24 - May 8 with 3483 viewsHighjack

Disunited Britain on 11:22 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

Put another couple of layers on that tinfoil hat...

It’s obviously satire.

They never would have allowed a woman anywhere near the leadership office in the forties.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Login to get fewer ads

Disunited Britain on 12:29 - May 8 with 3474 viewsWarwickHunt

Complimented each other?

You’re fab, Clem!
Winnie, you’re brilliant too!
Disunited Britain on 12:39 - May 8 with 3444 viewsKilkennyjack

Disunited Britain on 12:29 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

Complimented each other?

You’re fab, Clem!

😂😂👏

Disunited Britain on 12:47 - May 8 with 3431 viewsbuilthjack

Let's hope Johnson follows Mark's directive.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Disunited Britain on 13:12 - May 8 with 3400 viewsHighjack

Disunited Britain on 12:29 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

Complimented each other?

You’re fab, Clem!

Of course. Being nice to each other is how they kept the morale up. Along with jovial comments such as “Is that a cigar in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?”

But I also forgot to add in the original post that being diametrically opposite individuals in lots of different ways meant that ones strengths made up for the deficiencies in the other, and vice versa.

Disunited Britain on 14:04 - May 8 with 3352 viewsTenbySwan

I have followed this very closely.

Since the early days Westminster were making announcements totally disregarding and without consulting the devolved administrations in Scotland and Wales.
They.have hijacked PPE and tests orders made by Wales and threatened the suppliers that they would be banned from Supplying the much bigger NHS in England if they supplied Wales.
They have done everything they can to try and embarrass the devolved administrations to try and make themselves look good and one of the main reasons without doubt is the Assembly elections next year.

Sturgeon and Drakeford are now on the front foot. (Quite rightly), and protecting the interests of their Countries.
[Post edited 8 May 2020 14:08]
Disunited Britain on 14:12 - May 8 with 3328 viewsswan65split

We have the Kranky doing her Full Monty bit and drakeford and Boris all trying to show who can p"iss the furthest. while the Country is supposed to be in lock down.....lock down my arse, ive just spent 10 mins watching traffic fly up and down the A48 in PT.

Theres no personnel to police a lock down, its been eroding since Easter. God help us!
Disunited Britain on 14:27 - May 8 with 3307 viewsHighjack

Disunited Britain on 14:04 - May 8 by TenbySwan

I have followed this very closely.

Since the early days Westminster were making announcements totally disregarding and without consulting the devolved administrations in Scotland and Wales.
They.have hijacked PPE and tests orders made by Wales and threatened the suppliers that they would be banned from Supplying the much bigger NHS in England if they supplied Wales.
They have done everything they can to try and embarrass the devolved administrations to try and make themselves look good and one of the main reasons without doubt is the Assembly elections next year.

Sturgeon and Drakeford are now on the front foot. (Quite rightly), and protecting the interests of their Countries.
[Post edited 8 May 2020 14:08]

These are the fundamental problems with devolution in a way. When it comes to health all four devolved areas are responsible for the health service in each area with Westminster responsible for England alone. Westminster shouldn’t really have to consult or regard the other parliaments when making announcements or decisions regarding health, just like the other parliaments are free to announce their own health strategies. And although it’s true that in a perfect world they should all work together in perfect harmony, in reality they’re almost in competition with each other because none of them want to lose face by doing worse than the others. Westminster are right to fight for every bit of PPE and testing they can get for England. They wouldn’t be doing their jobs otherwise. You’d hope the Senedd would be doing the same for the people of Wales.

It’s a shit situation and I’ve said for years that they need to find a way of taking the health service out of politics. Having four separate governments all saying different things and scrapping over the details just adds to the confusion.

Disunited Britain on 14:35 - May 8 with 3282 viewsCatullus

Disunited Britain on 14:27 - May 8 by Highjack

These are the fundamental problems with devolution in a way. When it comes to health all four devolved areas are responsible for the health service in each area with Westminster responsible for England alone. Westminster shouldn’t really have to consult or regard the other parliaments when making announcements or decisions regarding health, just like the other parliaments are free to announce their own health strategies. And although it’s true that in a perfect world they should all work together in perfect harmony, in reality they’re almost in competition with each other because none of them want to lose face by doing worse than the others. Westminster are right to fight for every bit of PPE and testing they can get for England. They wouldn’t be doing their jobs otherwise. You’d hope the Senedd would be doing the same for the people of Wales.

It’s a shit situation and I’ve said for years that they need to find a way of taking the health service out of politics. Having four separate governments all saying different things and scrapping over the details just adds to the confusion.

I've said this before too. It's the national health service for the UK and should be treated as such.
We don't have devolved powers over Welsh regiments, Welsh named ships, Welsh RAF bases because that would obviously be ridiculous, isn't it just as ridiculous for the NHS?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Disunited Britain on 17:34 - May 8 with 3199 viewsKilkennyjack

Disunited Britain on 14:27 - May 8 by Highjack

Absolutely not.

The UK govt should not be prioritising England over the other nations of the UK.
Thats not their job.
(In fact, i am not sure they have done so ?).

I know for a fact Welsh NHS has moved to PPE kit to English NHS areas where they have been short of PPE kit. Absolutely as they should. And vice versa.

The likes of Boris would say competition is good and drives up good public services ...
[Post edited 8 May 2020 17:36]

Disunited Britain on 17:42 - May 8 with 3184 viewsKilkennyjack

Disunited Britain on 14:35 - May 8 by Catullus

I've said this before too. It's the national health service for the UK and should be treated as such.
We don't have devolved powers over Welsh regiments, Welsh named ships, Welsh RAF bases because that would obviously be ridiculous, isn't it just as ridiculous for the NHS?

No its not ridiculous.

If you are correct, then its far far better for the EU to control things across the whole of Europe and just tell us what to do.... 🤷‍♂️ ... i thought that was bad thinking now ...?

However you make an excellent point on the welsh parliament having full control over welsh military.
We would save a fortune.
We would save many lives.
Great idea pal.

Disunited Britain on 17:54 - May 8 with 3168 viewsHighjack

Disunited Britain on 17:34 - May 8 by Kilkennyjack

Absolutely not.

The UK govt should not be prioritising England over the other nations of the UK.
Thats not their job.
(In fact, i am not sure they have done so ?).

I know for a fact Welsh NHS has moved to PPE kit to English NHS areas where they have been short of PPE kit. Absolutely as they should. And vice versa.

The likes of Boris would say competition is good and drives up good public services ...
[Post edited 8 May 2020 17:36]

You are missing the critical point. On the issue of health Westminster isn’t the UK government. It’s the English government. It should be prioritising England in that instance as only England is in its remit.

Disunited Britain on 18:01 - May 8 with 3158 viewsBillyChong

Wales and Scotland leading the way putting pressure on Johnson to put people before his cronies. Not a huge Drakeford fan but deserves credit today.
Disunited Britain on 18:24 - May 8 with 3137 viewsraynor94

Disunited Britain on 18:01 - May 8 by BillyChong

Wales and Scotland leading the way putting pressure on Johnson to put people before his cronies. Not a huge Drakeford fan but deserves credit today.

What has he actually done? People have gone out as much they want to already, the Range garden centre has been open since day one.

And I might be wrong here but it will be up to individual Councils to open recycling centres.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Disunited Britain on 19:09 - May 8 with 3093 viewsJackinexile1

Disunited Britain on 18:24 - May 8 by raynor94

What has he actually done? People have gone out as much they want to already, the Range garden centre has been open since day one.

And I might be wrong here but it will be up to individual Councils to open recycling centres.

Basically, nothing has changed.
Disunited Britain on 19:20 - May 8 with 3074 viewsmonmouth

But that's what will put the shits up Johnno. Wales and Scotland will have changed nothing in material terms at all, by the time he comes to ponce off on Sunday.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Disunited Britain on 19:23 - May 8 with 3066 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pretty much nothing. Which is exactly the right thing to do.

Poll: Tory leader

Disunited Britain on 19:30 - May 8 with 3057 viewsexiledclaseboy

Disunited Britain on 19:20 - May 8 by monmouth

But that's what will put the shits up Johnno. Wales and Scotland will have changed nothing in material terms at all, by the time he comes to ponce off on Sunday.

The messaging and briefing coming from Westminster in the last three days has been shocking. If everyone ignores the lockdown this weekend and results in many more unnecessary deaths the blame will be firmly on the off the record briefing to the papers.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024