Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To grass or not to grass 14:40 - May 8 with 5148 viewsTenbySwan

With the lockdown extended in Wales.

There are in all areas those that dont take s blind bit of notice and carry on regardless and are really taking the p!ss whilst the vast majority comply.

Just wondering what members would do?

Would you join the hundreds of thousands who have done so already and report them to the Police?

To grass or not to grass on 11:37 - May 9 with 1023 viewsCatullus

To grass or not to grass on 11:21 - May 9 by Drizzy

Utterly disgraceful if people are hosting gatherings in confined spaces. The lockdown hasn't ended because the number of new infections is still too high and we can't possibly test and trace everyone who's got it.

Every bit social contact involves a risk, some of it is necessary like delivering food, some of it is unnecessary, like having a piss-up for VE day.

Grass them up. Save lives.

Our neighbours had a piss up for VE day, in their own back gardens. It's not the piss up that's wrong, it's the coming together in groups.

Just saying.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

To grass or not to grass on 11:47 - May 9 with 1012 viewsDrizzy

To grass or not to grass on 11:37 - May 9 by Catullus

Our neighbours had a piss up for VE day, in their own back gardens. It's not the piss up that's wrong, it's the coming together in groups.

Just saying.

You're right. It's the gathering and not the drinking. Sadly the two things often converge, as we saw yesterday.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

To grass or not to grass on 11:57 - May 9 with 989 viewsjojaca

To grass or not to grass on 11:27 - May 9 by dickythorpe

Many of us who are working are closer to staff colleagues than family members.

It's crazy. The police aren't looking at workplaces at all to see if we are maintaining 2meters.

People would soon complain if food supply chains slowed down if 2 metres was strictly applied by police. I work with food and where I work its impossible to keep 2 metres apart.

Even when you know, you never know?

To grass or not to grass on 12:03 - May 9 with 979 viewsNeath_Jack

Some of you concerned chaps should start carrying a tape measure around with you, or a measuring stick maybe. That way you can give them a clout with it, if they are not adhering to it, whilst still maintaining the 2m yourselves

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

To grass or not to grass on 12:04 - May 9 with 978 viewsdickythorpe

To grass or not to grass on 11:57 - May 9 by jojaca

People would soon complain if food supply chains slowed down if 2 metres was strictly applied by police. I work with food and where I work its impossible to keep 2 metres apart.

But this is the hypocrisy at the moment.

Should we "grass" people up for being close together in their leisure time......but then we brush past people in the supermarkets and no one cares.
To grass or not to grass on 12:11 - May 9 with 972 viewscontroversial_jack

It's our duty to report these criminals in order to protect the vulnerable. I would report anyone without a second thought and i have done
To grass or not to grass on 12:43 - May 9 with 944 viewsJinxy

To grass or not to grass on 12:04 - May 9 by dickythorpe

But this is the hypocrisy at the moment.

Should we "grass" people up for being close together in their leisure time......but then we brush past people in the supermarkets and no one cares.

Yes, there's a lot of that about!

I think what they would like to tell us, but can't, is that the 2m thing is a preferred distance, and not absolute as there are situations, e.g. work etc. where it's nigh on impossible. As long as no-one coughs, sneezes, or emits any other spores as you brush past them you're highly unlikely to catch it, apparently. Masks would mostly solve that issue (bless me lol), but they are in short supply. I don't wear one, but if I could I probably should.

The reality is that the economy/sanity/life dictates that we probably won't wait for a vaccine etc., and be released back into the wild where a % of us will likely contract CV-19. But, as long as the NHS can cope (and it should now given learnings, Nightingale hospitals etc.), then statistically it may be deemed an "acceptable" outcome, harsh as that may sound. IMHO, in the interim, PPE and/or a combo of social distancing, along with a protection package for the vulnerable, would perhaps be sensible.
To grass or not to grass on 13:02 - May 9 with 920 viewsCatullus

To grass or not to grass on 12:43 - May 9 by Jinxy

Yes, there's a lot of that about!

I think what they would like to tell us, but can't, is that the 2m thing is a preferred distance, and not absolute as there are situations, e.g. work etc. where it's nigh on impossible. As long as no-one coughs, sneezes, or emits any other spores as you brush past them you're highly unlikely to catch it, apparently. Masks would mostly solve that issue (bless me lol), but they are in short supply. I don't wear one, but if I could I probably should.

The reality is that the economy/sanity/life dictates that we probably won't wait for a vaccine etc., and be released back into the wild where a % of us will likely contract CV-19. But, as long as the NHS can cope (and it should now given learnings, Nightingale hospitals etc.), then statistically it may be deemed an "acceptable" outcome, harsh as that may sound. IMHO, in the interim, PPE and/or a combo of social distancing, along with a protection package for the vulnerable, would perhaps be sensible.

It's an absolute in the workplace though, the Senedd passed a law! There are times when keeping 2m apart is impossible because, even with this virus killing so many, some people still can't wait 10 seconds to allow enough space, pavements, shop doors and even at the doctors and chemists, some people just won't wait.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

To grass or not to grass on 13:07 - May 9 with 910 viewsDrizzy

To grass or not to grass on 12:03 - May 9 by Neath_Jack

Some of you concerned chaps should start carrying a tape measure around with you, or a measuring stick maybe. That way you can give them a clout with it, if they are not adhering to it, whilst still maintaining the 2m yourselves

You're not concerned about people spreading a virus that's killed 30,000+ people?

To grass or not to grass on 13:11 - May 9 with 904 viewsJinxy

To grass or not to grass on 13:02 - May 9 by Catullus

It's an absolute in the workplace though, the Senedd passed a law! There are times when keeping 2m apart is impossible because, even with this virus killing so many, some people still can't wait 10 seconds to allow enough space, pavements, shop doors and even at the doctors and chemists, some people just won't wait.

What's that saying about the law, an ass etc.?! There are countless industries (I've worked with most of them), where the 2m would mean the job just can't get done. Steel/paper industries, mine working, power generation etc. would be a nightmare, and probably render them uneconomic (esp paper).

My view is that the govt should, pretty soon, make some sort of legislation that enforced businesses/industry to complete and submit a risk assessment template, demonstrating their CV-19 arrangements inc social distancing, home working, low reliance on public transport, staggering start/finish/break times, temperature measurements, PPE etc. etc. etc.. Effectively apply the NEBOSH ERICPD principle. In an ideal world, only then could they start up. Trouble is the economy simply cannot wait, and they've appeared slow - again.
To grass or not to grass on 13:24 - May 9 with 889 viewsNeath_Jack

To grass or not to grass on 13:11 - May 9 by Jinxy

What's that saying about the law, an ass etc.?! There are countless industries (I've worked with most of them), where the 2m would mean the job just can't get done. Steel/paper industries, mine working, power generation etc. would be a nightmare, and probably render them uneconomic (esp paper).

My view is that the govt should, pretty soon, make some sort of legislation that enforced businesses/industry to complete and submit a risk assessment template, demonstrating their CV-19 arrangements inc social distancing, home working, low reliance on public transport, staggering start/finish/break times, temperature measurements, PPE etc. etc. etc.. Effectively apply the NEBOSH ERICPD principle. In an ideal world, only then could they start up. Trouble is the economy simply cannot wait, and they've appeared slow - again.

ERICPD, not heard that for a while

Even though the 2m distance is law, it's then watered down in the same regulations by them accepting that it cannot be adhered to, by all workers at all times. As long as "reasonable measures" have been taken, it's all good.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

To grass or not to grass on 13:25 - May 9 with 885 viewsNeath_Jack

To grass or not to grass on 13:07 - May 9 by Drizzy

You're not concerned about people spreading a virus that's killed 30,000+ people?

Aye, that'll be it.

To grass or not to grass on 13:33 - May 9 with 867 viewsDrizzy

To grass or not to grass on 13:25 - May 9 by Neath_Jack

Aye, that'll be it.

Considering you'd close your curtains and mind your own business if you saw a gathering, it does seem like you're not that arsed.

To grass or not to grass on 13:35 - May 9 with 867 viewsJinxy

To grass or not to grass on 13:24 - May 9 by Neath_Jack

ERICPD, not heard that for a while

Even though the 2m distance is law, it's then watered down in the same regulations by them accepting that it cannot be adhered to, by all workers at all times. As long as "reasonable measures" have been taken, it's all good.

Totally agree.

Did my NEBOSH 19 years ago NJ - they must have trialled it on me. Pedantic so-and-so's eh. The 2m is probably the "I". They could zip it down to the "P" (masks etc.), which although increases the risk (arguably), it would be a SFAIRP approach! I'm in acronym overload...

It's all common sense though isn't it, and they should apply it to this IMHO.
To grass or not to grass on 15:02 - May 9 with 823 viewsWarwickHunt

To grass or not to grass on 13:11 - May 9 by Jinxy

TMA (too many acronyms).
To grass or not to grass on 16:57 - May 9 with 767 viewsJackinexile1

To grass or not to grass on 13:07 - May 9 by Drizzy

Unless you cycle over 50 miles. Dude can't go out on his motorbike mun.
To grass or not to grass on 17:01 - May 9 with 761 viewsNeath_Jack

To grass or not to grass on 16:57 - May 9 by Jackinexile1

Unless you cycle over 50 miles. Dude can't go out on his motorbike mun.

What is it that tickled your fancy, about me grizzling about the push bike v motorbike then?

To grass or not to grass on 17:02 - May 9 with 759 viewsNeath_Jack

To grass or not to grass on 13:33 - May 9 by Drizzy

Considering you'd close your curtains and mind your own business if you saw a gathering, it does seem like you're not that arsed.

Instead of people picking up the phone to police, or going onto social media and crying about it, they should go and speak to them personally. Stop being busy shitc*nts about it all.

To grass or not to grass on 17:04 - May 9 with 753 viewsJackinexile1

To grass or not to grass on 17:02 - May 9 by Neath_Jack

Instead of people picking up the phone to police, or going onto social media and crying about it, they should go and speak to them personally. Stop being busy shitc*nts about it all.

Indeed.
To grass or not to grass on 17:06 - May 9 with 752 viewsJackinexile1

To grass or not to grass on 17:01 - May 9 by Neath_Jack

What is it that tickled your fancy, about me grizzling about the push bike v motorbike then?

Not much, I don't see the difference myself.
To grass or not to grass on 17:07 - May 9 with 750 viewsexiledclaseboy

The people in our estate are highly amusing. It’s ok for them to be out and about but when others are also out and about they’re clearly breaking the rules. Especially if they don’t recognise them and suspect them to be “outsiders”. There’s a bit of the “this is a local shop (or Penllergaer Woods in this case) for local people” principle at play.

Poll: Tory leader

To grass or not to grass on 17:14 - May 9 with 738 viewsSwanjaxs

To grass or not to grass on 17:07 - May 9 by exiledclaseboy

The people in our estate are highly amusing. It’s ok for them to be out and about but when others are also out and about they’re clearly breaking the rules. Especially if they don’t recognise them and suspect them to be “outsiders”. There’s a bit of the “this is a local shop (or Penllergaer Woods in this case) for local people” principle at play.

I've heard what goes on up Penllergaer Woods mush 👀🐶

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

To grass or not to grass on 17:19 - May 9 with 733 viewsexiledclaseboy

To grass or not to grass on 17:14 - May 9 by Swanjaxs

I've heard what goes on up Penllergaer Woods mush 👀🐶

That’s the other entrance. So I’m told like.

To grass or not to grass on 17:25 - May 9 with 728 viewscontroversial_jack

To grass or not to grass on 17:02 - May 9 by Neath_Jack

The police can fine them
To grass or not to grass on 17:27 - May 9 with 719 viewsexiledclaseboy

To grass or not to grass on 17:25 - May 9 by controversial_jack

The police can fine them

That’ll be just an invoice though, surely? Being statute law don’t you have to consent to be bound by it? Or have you changed your tune about all that freeman gubbins now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024