Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To grass or not to grass 14:40 - May 8 with 5180 viewsTenbySwan

With the lockdown extended in Wales.

There are in all areas those that dont take s blind bit of notice and carry on regardless and are really taking the p!ss whilst the vast majority comply.

Just wondering what members would do?

Would you join the hundreds of thousands who have done so already and report them to the Police?

To grass or not to grass on 14:43 - May 8 with 3302 viewsHighjack

In the spirit of being British on this VE Day I’d probably just tut loudly and glare at them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

To grass or not to grass on 14:43 - May 8 with 3301 viewsCatullus

Depends, are they observing distancing or being a danger to other people? Besides, if you grass, will the police actually do anything?

Maybe it'd be better just to shout at them while filming it and put it on facebook! It's the modern way.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

To grass or not to grass on 16:38 - May 8 with 3204 viewsjack2jack

Not my style tbh,however, this last week or so, our next door neighbour has had two lots of visitors, and across the road unbelievably had a party of six visiting their house, I was spitting blood, let me tell you. We haven't seen our daughter for two months, and this shite is going on around us. Some folk don't give a fvck it's all about them.
To grass or not to grass on 17:12 - May 8 with 3173 viewsSwanjaxs

To grass or not to grass on 16:38 - May 8 by jack2jack

Not my style tbh,however, this last week or so, our next door neighbour has had two lots of visitors, and across the road unbelievably had a party of six visiting their house, I was spitting blood, let me tell you. We haven't seen our daughter for two months, and this shite is going on around us. Some folk don't give a fvck it's all about them.

I've said from day one of the lockdown that our biggest threat, besides the virus, is the idiots and assholes who will treat this as one big holiday.

The only time they will treat this worldwide pandemic seriously is if/when C-19 touches themselves, or one of their loved ones.

Trust me, nobody, absolutely nobody, wants coronavirus under thier roof.
[Post edited 8 May 2020 17:14]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

To grass or not to grass on 18:53 - May 8 with 3104 viewsjack2jack

To grass or not to grass on 17:12 - May 8 by Swanjaxs

I've said from day one of the lockdown that our biggest threat, besides the virus, is the idiots and assholes who will treat this as one big holiday.

The only time they will treat this worldwide pandemic seriously is if/when C-19 touches themselves, or one of their loved ones.

Trust me, nobody, absolutely nobody, wants coronavirus under thier roof.
[Post edited 8 May 2020 17:14]

Well said my friend.
Hope all okay with you, stay safe. 👍
To grass or not to grass on 18:56 - May 8 with 3102 viewsNeath_Jack

Close the curtains and mind your own business would be my advice.

He is without sin and all that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

To grass or not to grass on 19:25 - May 8 with 3074 viewsSwanjaxs

To grass or not to grass on 18:53 - May 8 by jack2jack

Well said my friend.
Hope all okay with you, stay safe. 👍

All good now my friend 👍🏻

Currently out the back garden with a beer 😎

Keep washing your hands to within an inch of thier lives lol

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

To grass or not to grass on 19:32 - May 8 with 3050 viewsjack2jack

To grass or not to grass on 19:25 - May 8 by Swanjaxs

All good now my friend 👍🏻

Currently out the back garden with a beer 😎

Keep washing your hands to within an inch of thier lives lol

Great news.
Currently in the living room, with a nice mug of builders.😀
Cheers pal.👍
Login to get fewer ads

To grass or not to grass on 21:41 - May 8 with 2961 viewsBrynCartwright

The council estate near us has been fukn bouncing since about 7pm tonight. Sound systems pumping out. Just walked down the lane to see what was happening, Most houses have people out the front, kids flying everywhere playing football. WTF?. Lots of chavs getting pissed, and not thinking about the virus.

Should I dob them in PS?

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

To grass or not to grass on 21:52 - May 8 with 2945 viewsSwanjaxs

To grass or not to grass on 21:41 - May 8 by BrynCartwright

The council estate near us has been fukn bouncing since about 7pm tonight. Sound systems pumping out. Just walked down the lane to see what was happening, Most houses have people out the front, kids flying everywhere playing football. WTF?. Lots of chavs getting pissed, and not thinking about the virus.

Should I dob them in PS?

Could be worse mush.

You could live in Landore with it's 500 yard tailback of cars outside KFC again tonight 👍🏻

Let's face it we are all going to hell in a handcart ain't we because the vast majority don't seem to give a fùck anymore...

To grass or not to grass on 08:38 - May 9 with 2812 viewsJinxy

The problem is that this sort of carry on is preventing major easing of lockdown, as many simply can't be trusted. If we returned to "normal" overnight, these clowns would go berserk and bingo - 2nd wave/peak. In my view the major element that has, so far, brought CV-19 under some kind of control is social distancing, and not necessarily lockdown. Lockdown has sharpened the mind though, for sure, and adjusted the way most sensible people interact with the outside world (which is sad in itself). So in that way it serves its purpose I suppose.

Grass? Yes in principle of course, because it could save lives. Practically? No point as nothing would be done and would result in shedloads of hassle, sadly.
To grass or not to grass on 09:22 - May 9 with 2789 viewsNeath_Jack

To grass or not to grass on 08:38 - May 9 by Jinxy

The problem is that this sort of carry on is preventing major easing of lockdown, as many simply can't be trusted. If we returned to "normal" overnight, these clowns would go berserk and bingo - 2nd wave/peak. In my view the major element that has, so far, brought CV-19 under some kind of control is social distancing, and not necessarily lockdown. Lockdown has sharpened the mind though, for sure, and adjusted the way most sensible people interact with the outside world (which is sad in itself). So in that way it serves its purpose I suppose.

Grass? Yes in principle of course, because it could save lives. Practically? No point as nothing would be done and would result in shedloads of hassle, sadly.

We will not return to "normal" overnight, and anyone who thinks that we will, is seriously misguided.

In my opinion it is the exact opposite to what you said, it is absolutely the lockdown that has reduced infection more than the social distancing. Example, there are 3 of you working in an office, you can keep 2m away all you like, but if one of those three are asymptomatic, and has left his germs on a surface in a common area of the office, there is a chance you will pick it up. Now, imagine that same office is closed due to the lockdown, there is zero chance of cross infection occurring. Don't get me wrong, social distancing has undoubtedly played its part, but it's the lockdown that has broken its back.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

To grass or not to grass on 09:55 - May 9 with 2757 viewsJinxy

To grass or not to grass on 09:22 - May 9 by Neath_Jack

We will not return to "normal" overnight, and anyone who thinks that we will, is seriously misguided.

In my opinion it is the exact opposite to what you said, it is absolutely the lockdown that has reduced infection more than the social distancing. Example, there are 3 of you working in an office, you can keep 2m away all you like, but if one of those three are asymptomatic, and has left his germs on a surface in a common area of the office, there is a chance you will pick it up. Now, imagine that same office is closed due to the lockdown, there is zero chance of cross infection occurring. Don't get me wrong, social distancing has undoubtedly played its part, but it's the lockdown that has broken its back.

Maybe not for this thread, but allow me to explain my point further. By the way, I didn't suggest we would be returning to normal overnight - I said "if". I still believe lockdown has hammered certain points home, and made it all very, very serious. Of course it has more than contributed to the control. How much remains debatable though, but I take your points.

Apologies, I should have added other precautions too. I'll give you an example - I cycle most days to Mumbles & back, and have a rest on the benches by Verdi's. A few days ago, a family were out cycling together, and the mum asked me to take a photo of them with her phone. Maybe I should have declined, but that's just not my way. So, I took the snap, but didn't touch my mouth, face, nose etc. until I got home, then washed up etc... I may well would not have done that before, certainly consciously. I should have perhaps advised her to do the same, but I really shouldn't need to but I accept I'm open to criticism on that one. Controversial I know, but until vaccine, immunity, testing, tracing etc. kick in then my view is such precautions, along with masks, COULD be effective enough to move more towards "normality", and allow the economy to recover (arguably saving lives in other areas) and if all that was done on day 1 (hindsight, poor preparation accepted etc.), then maybe lockdown would not have been necessary. But we wouldn't have taken it so seriously eh, which e-enforces my point about the gravity effect of lockdown? On masks, by the way, it seems the WHO may well have been protecting the supply of them for front line workers, because the logic that they only prevent infecting others can be obviously replicated, ie if everyone wore one, then the airborne transmission of spores would be greatly reduced/eliminated!

Again, apologies to the OP for not keeping on topic. Interesting debate though.
To grass or not to grass on 10:05 - May 9 with 2739 viewsBLAZE

To grass or not to grass on 18:56 - May 8 by Neath_Jack

Close the curtains and mind your own business would be my advice.

He is without sin and all that.

Agree completely. Someone was ranting the other day that they witnessed a group of kids playing in the street - it later transpired that they witnessed this while out on a 12 mile walk. Well unless they completed those 12 miles in an hour then they were guilty of breaking guidelines too. I'm sure most of us have been guilty of letting standards slip at some point. On the whole though I think the nation has done alright, which is how we should be judged
To grass or not to grass on 10:06 - May 9 with 2734 viewsFireboy2

To grass or not to grass on 21:52 - May 8 by Swanjaxs

Could be worse mush.

You could live in Landore with it's 500 yard tailback of cars outside KFC again tonight 👍🏻

Let's face it we are all going to hell in a handcart ain't we because the vast majority don't seem to give a fùck anymore...

Arent people in cars isolating SJ? If they are on their jack and dont get out I dont see a problem.

KFC are open because the government said they could so I dont know what you would expect.
To grass or not to grass on 10:14 - May 9 with 2705 viewsNeath_Jack

To grass or not to grass on 10:06 - May 9 by Fireboy2

Arent people in cars isolating SJ? If they are on their jack and dont get out I dont see a problem.

KFC are open because the government said they could so I dont know what you would expect.

What people are getting uptight about this one is, that travelling to a drive through isn't classed as an essential journey. However, if you are on your way home from an essential journey and are passing it and decide to stop, then I can't see a problem either. Although how you prove or disprove why you are there is another matter.

And the government didn't tell them to close as part of the lockdown, they along with other drive through places decided to close off their own back.

To grass or not to grass on 10:14 - May 9 with 2704 viewsWarwickHunt

To grass or not to grass on 21:52 - May 8 by Swanjaxs

Could be worse mush.

500 yard tailback outside KFC? Natural selection at work.
To grass or not to grass on 10:18 - May 9 with 2698 viewsSwanjaxs

To grass or not to grass on 10:06 - May 9 by Fireboy2

Technically yes, but is going on a jolly for chicken nuggets an essential journey fb?

To grass or not to grass on 10:21 - May 9 with 2687 viewsFireboy2

To grass or not to grass on 10:18 - May 9 by Swanjaxs

Technically yes, but is going on a jolly for chicken nuggets an essential journey fb?

It wasnt but with KFC being open it might be.
To grass or not to grass on 10:46 - May 9 with 2662 viewsJinxy

Regarding the KFC thingy, I suppose the question is whether it is "shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible". "Basic" may be one way of describing KFC food, and infrequently is defo sound advice!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-
To grass or not to grass on 10:55 - May 9 with 2650 viewsSwanjaxs

Not much social distancing going on in Port Tennant last night I see 👀

Personally I thought the old bill showed too much discipline, should have steamed into the pìssed up halfwit's 👍🏻
[Post edited 9 May 2020 10:55]

To grass or not to grass on 11:00 - May 9 with 2638 viewsNeath_Jack

To grass or not to grass on 10:05 - May 9 by BLAZE

Agree completely. Someone was ranting the other day that they witnessed a group of kids playing in the street - it later transpired that they witnessed this while out on a 12 mile walk. Well unless they completed those 12 miles in an hour then they were guilty of breaking guidelines too. I'm sure most of us have been guilty of letting standards slip at some point. On the whole though I think the nation has done alright, which is how we should be judged

The worst ones are those that complain that there's too many people out walking, when they are out walking themselves. I'm sure there's loads of us that haven't absolutely adhered to what we should be doing.

To grass or not to grass on 11:13 - May 9 with 2615 viewsCatullus

To grass or not to grass on 08:38 - May 9 by Jinxy

Maybe part of the problem is that we call it 'grassing' and it's seen as a bad thing. Specially by those we 'grass' because they think they can do as they please and anyone who disagrees is an A hole. Those people are often the first to moan if you do something they don't like.

When the 'grass' mentality seeped into everyday life, when honesty and community spirit became a derided idea and anyone who reported crimes was instantly branded a nosey neighbour, a curtain twitcher and got abused for it, then things had started going downhill.

It's actually illegal in Wales, a crime to go out when you don't need to, to meet up with anyone not from your household, to have 'gatherings' but obviously these days, reporting a crime is questionable at the least.

NB, obviously there are people who are actually nosey parkers and troublemakers, who cause grief for others because they have nothing better to do!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

To grass or not to grass on 11:21 - May 9 with 2604 viewsDrizzy

Utterly disgraceful if people are hosting gatherings in confined spaces. The lockdown hasn't ended because the number of new infections is still too high and we can't possibly test and trace everyone who's got it.

Every bit social contact involves a risk, some of it is necessary like delivering food, some of it is unnecessary, like having a piss-up for VE day.

Grass them up. Save lives.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

To grass or not to grass on 11:27 - May 9 with 2590 viewsdickythorpe

Many of us who are working are closer to staff colleagues than family members.

It's crazy. The police aren't looking at workplaces at all to see if we are maintaining 2meters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024