Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did someone turn lockdown off. 17:30 - May 9 with 6472 viewsjack_lord

I've just been out for a walk (my one and only) and was pretty surprised how crazy busy it was. I lost count of how many groups of youngers of more than 6 were zooming up and down the promenade between Mumbles and Blackpill. Yes , lots of people walking, trying to maintain social distancing but more difficult under the circumstances.
There was a large group of kids congregated in Oystermouth cemetery causing a racket.
It makes you feel like what is the bloody point.
Loads in A&E last night after VE celebrations makes me feel a bit stupid about about what I previously supported.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:31 - May 9 with 2872 viewsexiledclaseboy

The government is responsible for most of this by briefing the papers that lockdown would be eased from Monday. They’ve been backtracking ever since but the damage has been done.

Poll: Tory leader

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:32 - May 9 with 2864 viewssainthelens

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:31 - May 9 by exiledclaseboy

The government is responsible for most of this by briefing the papers that lockdown would be eased from Monday. They’ve been backtracking ever since but the damage has been done.

Secondary carnage inevitable.
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:33 - May 9 with 2855 viewsJackinexile1

How dare other people be out.
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:45 - May 9 with 2827 viewsdickythorpe

A NHS worker told me last night was busy. Lots of ambulances called to tend to people who'd had too much too drink and some injuries from scrapping.
Many are drinking excessively now.
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:46 - May 9 with 2823 viewsjack_lord

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:33 - May 9 by Jackinexile1

How dare other people be out.

I know what you mean but groups of 10, on cycles, stopping and having an ice-cream, sat together is hardly the same.

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:50 - May 9 with 2805 viewsJackinexile1

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:46 - May 9 by jack_lord

I know what you mean but groups of 10, on cycles, stopping and having an ice-cream, sat together is hardly the same.

Yea it does take the piss.
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:53 - May 9 with 2783 viewscontroversial_jack

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:46 - May 9 by jack_lord

Did you call the police and potentially save lives?
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:54 - May 9 with 2774 viewsJackinexile1

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:53 - May 9 by controversial_jack

Nah he done some press-ups and had a w*nk instead.
Login to get fewer ads

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:58 - May 9 with 2762 viewscontroversial_jack

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:54 - May 9 by Jackinexile1

Nah he done some press-ups and had a w*nk instead.

What a w*nker
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 18:04 - May 9 with 2739 viewsjack_lord

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:53 - May 9 by controversial_jack

No, I'm just sounding off donkey.

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 18:07 - May 9 with 2732 viewscontroversial_jack

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 18:04 - May 9 by jack_lord

No, I'm just sounding off donkey.

Tut tut!
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 18:07 - May 9 with 2732 viewslondonlisa2001

The government communication this week amplified by the absolute idiots at the majority of our newspapers and the BBC for that matter, has been a disaster. With the weather and VE Day, all hopes of order have gone. Some police in London today have said they’ve lost control now.
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 18:17 - May 9 with 2703 viewscontroversial_jack

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 18:07 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

The government communication this week amplified by the absolute idiots at the majority of our newspapers and the BBC for that matter, has been a disaster. With the weather and VE Day, all hopes of order have gone. Some police in London today have said they’ve lost control now.

Let's hope it pisses down
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 18:21 - May 9 with 2692 viewsrockj

How about personal responsibility ECB?

I suppose that’s why I fall on the right of the centre

British people have a lot to answer for

Everytime I go abroad I realise how many dumb ignorant people we have in the UK
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 18:29 - May 9 with 2657 viewscontroversial_jack

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 18:21 - May 9 by rockj

How about personal responsibility ECB?

I suppose that’s why I fall on the right of the centre

British people have a lot to answer for

Everytime I go abroad I realise how many dumb ignorant people we have in the UK

It's enforced in many countries. a substantial fine is imposed, not £30
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 19:11 - May 9 with 2581 viewsswan65split

Traffic has been nearly normal where i am. groups of youths and one social housing ....housing youngsters until early morning, no one gives a feck!

There will be consequences, if its at least a longer slower lockdown easing, costing people not only their livelihood but in some cases someones lives!
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 19:32 - May 9 with 2531 viewsrockj

Genuine question though:

At what point do we leave lockdown?

I mean say in 3 weeks time it’s R 0.9

And then in another 3 weeks R 0.8

Surely if it’s hovering around that figure by current thinking we can never leave lockdown?

We are talking about unemployment levels not seen since the Great Depression and opportunity costs that will be eye watering.

Lives lost through other factors, lives ruined

I think the vast majority have behaved and rightly so but it’s unrealistic to expect this to continue much longer.

This illness is horrendous but the vast majority of people have mild symptoms we have to keep remembering that and for a vaccine to work if that ever happens we need people to get sick and recover.
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 20:30 - May 9 with 2431 viewsJackinexile1

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 17:58 - May 9 by controversial_jack

What a w*nker

By your own admission, that's you.
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 21:33 - May 9 with 2361 viewsScotia

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 19:32 - May 9 by rockj

Genuine question though:

At what point do we leave lockdown?

I mean say in 3 weeks time it’s R 0.9

And then in another 3 weeks R 0.8

Surely if it’s hovering around that figure by current thinking we can never leave lockdown?

We are talking about unemployment levels not seen since the Great Depression and opportunity costs that will be eye watering.

Lives lost through other factors, lives ruined

I think the vast majority have behaved and rightly so but it’s unrealistic to expect this to continue much longer.

This illness is horrendous but the vast majority of people have mild symptoms we have to keep remembering that and for a vaccine to work if that ever happens we need people to get sick and recover.

Mid June. 12 weeks is what Boris said was needed to get control of the outbreak at the start of the the lock down and I believe that is what will what will happen and what needs to happen.

Regarding the R number, I'd say it depends where those cases are, I think in Wales at the moment it is about 0.9, but mainly driven by cases in hospitals and care homes.

At that level and circumstance we can open garden centres at least (I'd say that's conservative) and revisit in a couple of weeks, and hopefully go a bit further then.

We have to take a short term hit to hopefully minimise damage on the economy in the longer term. We're heading for the biggest recession in living memory, no doubt and its going to be terrible, but hopefully in the short term, relax the lock down too early and it will be a full depression for many years and we'll also end up with a huge backlog of ill people who haven't had the treatment they need because the NHS has only been dealing with covid.

There is no easy way out of this until we get a vaccine, in the meantime use the tracing app when it is released.
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 21:41 - May 9 with 2343 viewsdickythorpe

"Done and dusted by Easter" was what was initially said......
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 21:42 - May 9 with 2341 viewsrockj

Did someone turn lockdown off. on 21:33 - May 9 by Scotia

Mid June. 12 weeks is what Boris said was needed to get control of the outbreak at the start of the the lock down and I believe that is what will what will happen and what needs to happen.

Regarding the R number, I'd say it depends where those cases are, I think in Wales at the moment it is about 0.9, but mainly driven by cases in hospitals and care homes.

At that level and circumstance we can open garden centres at least (I'd say that's conservative) and revisit in a couple of weeks, and hopefully go a bit further then.

We have to take a short term hit to hopefully minimise damage on the economy in the longer term. We're heading for the biggest recession in living memory, no doubt and its going to be terrible, but hopefully in the short term, relax the lock down too early and it will be a full depression for many years and we'll also end up with a huge backlog of ill people who haven't had the treatment they need because the NHS has only been dealing with covid.

There is no easy way out of this until we get a vaccine, in the meantime use the tracing app when it is released.

Thank you, fair response
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 22:19 - May 9 with 2285 viewsSirjohnalot

Briefing was carefully planned. Anon brief of the press to create hysterical headlines, publicly say ‘that’s not right’, blame the press FPS second surge.
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 22:28 - May 9 with 2259 viewsmajorraglan

Down arrowed in error, apologies.
[Post edited 9 May 2020 22:34]
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 23:08 - May 9 with 2207 viewskarnataka

This morning me & the wife did exactly the same walk we did 2 weeks ago at exactly the same time. 2 weeks ago we saw 3 people, all alone, 2 of them joggers. This morning, we saw 17, 5 joggers, 4 couples and a family of 4. Nuff said.
Did someone turn lockdown off. on 23:12 - May 9 with 2200 viewsBillyChong

Irresponsible headlines and irresponsible quotes like ‘apparent success’ coming from Boris both to blame. The rest of the world must be dismayed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024