Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. 01:16 - May 12 with 3559 viewsSwanjaxs

For me it has to be Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr

Undoubtedly the greatest ever sporting icon in my lifetime

[Post edited 12 May 2020 1:20]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 06:36 - May 12 with 1751 viewssainthelens

Ian Botham.
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 07:18 - May 12 with 1727 viewsdickythorpe

Shane Warne.
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 07:50 - May 12 with 1720 viewsBest_loser

Novak djokovic
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 08:03 - May 12 with 1711 viewsKilkennyjack

Agreed.

What a name. (X2)
What a nickname. (X2)
What a man to stand up to injustice and racism.
Anti war.

The people’s champion - even when jailed....

The Greatest - and loved the Swans ❤️.

Beware of the Risen People

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 08:04 - May 12 with 1711 viewslifelong

Mark Gower.
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 08:06 - May 12 with 1707 viewsWarwickHunt

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 07:50 - May 12 by Best_loser

Novak djokovic

Sporting legend not Scrabble score.
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 08:14 - May 12 with 1694 viewsBest_loser

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 08:06 - May 12 by WarwickHunt

Sporting legend not Scrabble score.

You keep playing scrabble

Il keep watching tennis
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 08:17 - May 12 with 1689 viewsWarwickHunt

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 08:14 - May 12 by Best_loser

You keep playing scrabble

Il keep watching tennis

Deal!
Login to get fewer ads

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 08:30 - May 12 with 1681 viewscmajack

Without doubt, the greatest.
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 08:41 - May 12 with 1665 viewsRobbie

Usain Bolt .
[Post edited 12 May 2020 8:48]
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 09:11 - May 12 with 1641 viewsGreatBritton

The answer is, of course, Ali, but Botham, Benaud, Sobers, Cruyff, Best, Jordan, Borg etc all deserve an honourable mention. Me, I've got a soft spot for the Brownlee brothers.
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 09:20 - May 12 with 1633 viewsmonmouth

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 09:11 - May 12 by GreatBritton

The answer is, of course, Ali, but Botham, Benaud, Sobers, Cruyff, Best, Jordan, Borg etc all deserve an honourable mention. Me, I've got a soft spot for the Brownlee brothers.

Federer tops the tennis list by miles mun if we are just talking greatest at the sport. Ali only comes second to Alan Curtis because we are talking the whole package.

Pele also has to challenge Ali. In fact I'd say they are absolutely on a par.

Otherwise it's just a game of 'what's your favourite sport'
[Post edited 12 May 2020 9:21]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 09:27 - May 12 with 1619 viewssplJack

Floyd Mayweather
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 09:30 - May 12 with 1613 viewsWarwickHunt

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 09:20 - May 12 by monmouth

Federer tops the tennis list by miles mun if we are just talking greatest at the sport. Ali only comes second to Alan Curtis because we are talking the whole package.

Pele also has to challenge Ali. In fact I'd say they are absolutely on a par.

Otherwise it's just a game of 'what's your favourite sport'
[Post edited 12 May 2020 9:21]

Yep. Ali, Pele, Sobers - you pays yer money...
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 10:24 - May 12 with 1562 viewsdickythorpe

Oldjack would surely say Don Bradman.

I wish I'd been around to see him play
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:09 - May 12 with 1502 viewsJackfath

Ronnie O'Sullivan

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:10 - May 12 with 1506 viewsOldjack

Ali and Pele

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:11 - May 12 with 1502 viewsSgorioFruit

Leon Britton

Close the thread

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:12 - May 12 with 1495 viewsJackfath

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:10 - May 12 by Oldjack

Ali and Pele

Tricky question isn't it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:28 - May 12 with 1481 viewsHighjack

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 08:03 - May 12 by Kilkennyjack

Agreed.

What a name. (X2)
What a nickname. (X2)
What a man to stand up to injustice and racism.
Anti war.

The people’s champion - even when jailed....

The Greatest - and loved the Swans ❤️.

That is true. He stood up to racism.

“A black man should be killed if he’s messing with a white woman,” he said. And it was the same for a white man making a pass at a black woman. “We’ll kill anybody who tries to mess around with our women.” But suppose the black woman wanted to be with the white man, the interviewer asked. “Then she dies,” Ali answered. “Kill her too.”

Great boxer, great character but he was just a pound shop Diane Abbott.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:29 - May 12 with 1477 viewsWxmJax

Ali, not just for what he did in the ring.

But then there's Jack Nicklaus until Tiger Woods came along.

Usain Bolt's record will take some beating.

Ronaldo's record is amazing for both club(s) and country.

Not easy.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:31 - May 12 with 1473 viewsOldjack

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:12 - May 12 by Jackfath

both on the same level so it has to be both for me ,now fuk off back to school !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:33 - May 12 with 1466 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 12:12 - May 12 by Jackfath

Too difficult it would seem.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 13:04 - May 12 with 1437 viewsPegojack

Gareth Edwards.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 13:04]
Greatest Sporting Legend in your lifetime... only one pick. on 13:28 - May 12 with 1412 viewsGreatBritton

I forgot Gareth, dammit.
If we're talking sublime artistry, class and an aesthetic quality to go with technique, speed, stamina, skill and all the rest of it, you can narrow the field a bit. When I mentioned the Brownlees I was mainly thinking about fraternity and guts. Leon comes into that category for his selflessness and industry for the team. There should have been a couple of categories:
1) pure artistry (Federer and Borg, Sobers and Benaud, Best, Cruyff and Pele plus Ronaldo perhaps)
2) Bravery, team ethic, odds-defying will power etc (Botham, Leon, Bobby Moore, several Welsh rugby players)
3) sportsmen and women you just loved to watch, even if they had a limitation or two perhaps (Giggs. Ronnie o'Sullivan ,Shane Warne and so forth)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024