Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlough extended to October 12:39 - May 12 with 4923 viewswestside

Chancellor just announced
[Post edited 12 May 2020 12:42]
Furlough extended to October on 12:52 - May 12 with 2769 viewsSwanjaxs

Inevitable really.

Can see more extensions as well until a vaccine is found.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Furlough extended to October on 12:59 - May 12 with 2748 viewsSoberBaker

Furlough extended to October on 12:52 - May 12 by Swanjaxs

Inevitable really.

I see a lot written here and elsewhere about when a "vaccine" and "cure" will be the answer to all our prayers.

Do people realise that we still have no "vaccine" nor "cure" for the SARS virus that broke out over 17 years ago?

AMOW

Furlough extended to October on 13:00 - May 12 with 2748 viewslondonlisa2001

But we have been told incessantly in the past two days that people are being forced back to work because they won’t have money and / or the furlough scheme has been cut and / or furlough is now 60%.

It’s deliberate culling of the working classes / hospitality industry according to Owen Jones / various momentum bot campaigns? Didn’t anyone tell the chancellor?
Furlough extended to October on 13:01 - May 12 with 2744 viewsHighjack

The message is clear. Go to work if you can. Don’t work from home but go to work. If you can’t or don’t want to go to work or work from home we’ll pay you anyway. Don’t go out, but you can go out. If you go out you might be fined but you won’t be fined. Stay alert. If you see that virus coming jump out of its way with your ninja alertness. Don’t stay home. Stay alert. Protect the economy. Save business owners. F*ck the NHS. Get this virus done. Don’t go out but go out. Remain indoors but go outside. We’re all in this together. Wash hands. It’s every man for himself. Don’t stay alert. Go to a park. Sing happy birthday. Don’t touch your face.

If people can’t follow these simple rules then there’s no hope for any of us.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Furlough extended to October on 13:03 - May 12 with 2739 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 12:59 - May 12 by SoberBaker

I see a lot written here and elsewhere about when a "vaccine" and "cure" will be the answer to all our prayers.

Do people realise that we still have no "vaccine" nor "cure" for the SARS virus that broke out over 17 years ago?

There’s no vaccine for SARS because hardly anyone died of it and there hasn’t been an outbreak since 2004.

They don’t bother continuing development of vaccines when the disease has disappeared. Prototypes were developed and then shelved as they weren’t needed.
Furlough extended to October on 13:09 - May 12 with 2721 viewsdickythorpe

Pembrokeshire has woken up.
Cafés and premises offering takeaways are ordering like mad due to the increase in people that are walking about.
Where have they all suddenly and miraculously appeared from?
Furlough extended to October on 13:20 - May 12 with 2687 viewspencoedjack

Furlough extended to October on 13:00 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

But we have been told incessantly in the past two days that people are being forced back to work because they won’t have money and / or the furlough scheme has been cut and / or furlough is now 60%.

It’s deliberate culling of the working classes / hospitality industry according to Owen Jones / various momentum bot campaigns? Didn’t anyone tell the chancellor?

I’m sure they will all be along shortly to say well done to the government.
Furlough extended to October on 13:22 - May 12 with 2683 viewsSoberBaker

Furlough extended to October on 13:03 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

There’s no vaccine for SARS because hardly anyone died of it and there hasn’t been an outbreak since 2004.

They don’t bother continuing development of vaccines when the disease has disappeared. Prototypes were developed and then shelved as they weren’t needed.

I agree it may not be as aggressive as C19 but I'm sure the pharma industry threw everything at it back in the day when the virus was developing.

Also, from the NHS website:
"There's currently no cure for SARS, but research to find a vaccine is ongoing." (Page last reviewed: 24 October 2019)

AMOW

Login to get fewer ads

Furlough extended to October on 13:27 - May 12 with 2673 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 13:22 - May 12 by SoberBaker

I agree it may not be as aggressive as C19 but I'm sure the pharma industry threw everything at it back in the day when the virus was developing.

Also, from the NHS website:
"There's currently no cure for SARS, but research to find a vaccine is ongoing." (Page last reviewed: 24 October 2019)

The reality is that 800 people or so died from SARS. And it disappeared.

Some of the research they talk about has led to the vaccines in development at the moment.

But there’s no money in a vaccine for a disease which doesn’t exist. So they don’t bother. The odd one or two may carry on, but not the thousands, tens of thousands that are working on this at the moment.

If we find a treatment which stops severe effects of Covid and made it into a cold type thing, vaccine development would stop. As there’s be no real money in it any more.
Furlough extended to October on 14:08 - May 12 with 2623 viewsbuilthjack

Furlough extended. That just means that the people who have gone self employed in the last 18 months still won't get a penny. So that will be 6 months of no money for them.
What a tw@t of a Chancellor, and Prime Minister.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Furlough extended to October on 14:34 - May 12 with 2581 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 14:08 - May 12 by builthjack

Furlough extended. That just means that the people who have gone self employed in the last 18 months still won't get a penny. So that will be 6 months of no money for them.
What a tw@t of a Chancellor, and Prime Minister.

They will get universal credit won’t they? I mean that’s not enough, of course, but I thought they’d said people in that situation could get universal credit plus a housing allowance (whether renting or mortgage) and council tax allowance as well rather than nothing?

Just checking I haven’t misunderstood that as you said they can’t get a penny?
Furlough extended to October on 14:56 - May 12 with 2538 viewsProfessor

Furlough extended to October on 13:27 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

The reality is that 800 people or so died from SARS. And it disappeared.

Some of the research they talk about has led to the vaccines in development at the moment.

But there’s no money in a vaccine for a disease which doesn’t exist. So they don’t bother. The odd one or two may carry on, but not the thousands, tens of thousands that are working on this at the moment.

If we find a treatment which stops severe effects of Covid and made it into a cold type thing, vaccine development would stop. As there’s be no real money in it any more.

This is very much the case and indeed for MERS, although I have a colleague working on this in collaboration with Saudi scientists.

Whilst there may not be a vaccine any time soon, we should take heart that there are veterinary coronavirus vaccines used effectively for avian respiratory and pig gastrointestinal coronaviruses
Furlough extended to October on 15:00 - May 12 with 2533 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 14:56 - May 12 by Professor

This is very much the case and indeed for MERS, although I have a colleague working on this in collaboration with Saudi scientists.

Whilst there may not be a vaccine any time soon, we should take heart that there are veterinary coronavirus vaccines used effectively for avian respiratory and pig gastrointestinal coronaviruses

My understanding prof, and I don’t know whether you’ve heard similar, is they’re still pretty upbeat about how it’s progressing with the Oxford vaccine. Albeit with all the usual caveats.
Furlough extended to October on 16:09 - May 12 with 2443 viewsProfessor

Furlough extended to October on 15:00 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

My understanding prof, and I don’t know whether you’ve heard similar, is they’re still pretty upbeat about how it’s progressing with the Oxford vaccine. Albeit with all the usual caveats.

There seems to be several promising vaccines under development. We may need several-for complex reasons and need to take care not to drive virulence with a poor vaccine
Furlough extended to October on 16:47 - May 12 with 2409 viewsswan65split

Furlough extended to October on 12:52 - May 12 by Swanjaxs

Inevitable really.

Doubt it,... and what if England goes back full time and wales doesn't , will Mark pay out of his own pocket?
Furlough extended to October on 18:03 - May 12 with 2345 viewsNotLoyal

Furlough extended to October on 13:09 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Pembrokeshire has woken up.
Cafés and premises offering takeaways are ordering like mad due to the increase in people that are walking about.
Where have they all suddenly and miraculously appeared from?

Family of patients Visiting holiday makers in withybush more than likely.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Furlough extended to October on 18:13 - May 12 with 2327 viewsdickythorpe

Furlough extended to October on 18:03 - May 12 by NotLoyal

Family of patients Visiting holiday makers in withybush more than likely.

Go on laugh it up, but when you or a loved one need a hospital bed but can't because some cúnt from 100's of miles away is occupying it, we'll see how flippant you are then.
I hope it never happens of course.
Furlough extended to October on 18:17 - May 12 with 2320 viewsHighjack

Edit whoops wrong thread
[Post edited 12 May 2020 18:18]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Furlough extended to October on 18:19 - May 12 with 2315 viewslonglostjack

Interesting unlockdown measure that has been suggested here. Scrapping / relaxing restrictions on how many tables restaurants and cafes can have on pavements and pedestrian areas. Every little helps.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 18:22]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Furlough extended to October on 18:25 - May 12 with 2295 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 18:13 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Go on laugh it up, but when you or a loved one need a hospital bed but can't because some cúnt from 100's of miles away is occupying it, we'll see how flippant you are then.
I hope it never happens of course.

But hospital capacity hasn’t been an issue. Lots of the most serious cases have been transferred to London hospitals. From everywhere in the country. I don’t mind. I hope it helps them recover.
Furlough extended to October on 18:27 - May 12 with 2293 viewsNortbankboy

Furlough extended to October on 18:19 - May 12 by longlostjack

Interesting unlockdown measure that has been suggested here. Scrapping / relaxing restrictions on how many tables restaurants and cafes can have on pavements and pedestrian areas. Every little helps.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 18:22]

The government should be applauded on this.
Furlough extended to October on 18:30 - May 12 with 2286 viewswaynekerr55

Furlough extended to October on 13:00 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

Owen Jones, the Bob Bradley of "journalism"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Furlough extended to October on 18:39 - May 12 with 2272 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 18:30 - May 12 by waynekerr55

Owen Jones, the Bob Bradley of "journalism"

His reaction to the furlough being extended at 80% was variously - it’s the Unions, it’s because the economic devastation is so crap (yeah, no sh*t Sherlock), It’s Sunak’s fault for the leaked info being wrong, a criticism of Starmer for being ‘outflanked on the left’.

Honestly, reading him today he’s gutted, absolutely gutted, that they didn’t cut furlough as it would have given him something to moan about for the next few weeks in his ‘class warrior’ campaign.

He’s an annoying little git. ‘All’ working classes are being sent to die - obviously with the notable exception of Guardian columnists. He’s so obsessed with class he can’t see that he’s doing the biggest disservice to millions of people. He’s convinced everyone from the ‘working class’ has one of a tiny spectrum of jobs and he wants to keep it that way, while writing books about them that make him rich.
Furlough extended to October on 18:43 - May 12 with 2269 viewsdickythorpe

Furlough extended to October on 18:25 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

But hospital capacity hasn’t been an issue. Lots of the most serious cases have been transferred to London hospitals. From everywhere in the country. I don’t mind. I hope it helps them recover.

Hospital capacity hadn't been an issue YET Lisa.
You really aren't getting my point or deliberately avoiding to.
They should not have been here. Understand?
Furlough extended to October on 18:46 - May 12 with 2265 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 18:43 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Hospital capacity hadn't been an issue YET Lisa.
You really aren't getting my point or deliberately avoiding to.
They should not have been here. Understand?

Yes I do understand.

But I don’t understand the anti English or anti visitor element of it.

Sorry, but I don’t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024