Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlough extended to October 12:39 - May 12 with 5077 viewswestside

Chancellor just announced
[Post edited 12 May 2020 12:42]
Furlough extended to October on 18:47 - May 12 with 1176 viewsdickythorpe

Furlough extended to October on 18:46 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

Yes I do understand.

But I don’t understand the anti English or anti visitor element of it.

Sorry, but I don’t.

You're not allowed to visit your second homes Lisa!!! You're on a WUM.

Have a good evening.
Furlough extended to October on 18:52 - May 12 with 1172 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 18:47 - May 12 by dickythorpe

You're not allowed to visit your second homes Lisa!!! You're on a WUM.

Have a good evening.

I’m not.

You’re not allowed to travel now, but you could go where the hell you wanted before lockdown.

If you had ten houses you could choose one. Which one was up to you surely?

You too !
Furlough extended to October on 19:03 - May 12 with 1162 viewsexiledclaseboy

Employers have to contribute to the 80% from August which is absolutely not unreasonable but also probably the point at which some will start laying people off, especially in the sectors which are less likely to be allowed to reopen (hospitality, pubs etc).

Poll: Tory leader

Furlough extended to October on 19:35 - May 12 with 1116 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 19:03 - May 12 by exiledclaseboy

Employers have to contribute to the 80% from August which is absolutely not unreasonable but also probably the point at which some will start laying people off, especially in the sectors which are less likely to be allowed to reopen (hospitality, pubs etc).

Only if people go back to work part time according to the government web site:

“ As we reopen the economy, we need to support people to get back to work. From the start of August, furloughed workers will be able to return to work part-time with employers being asked to pay a percentage towards the salaries of their furloughed staff.

The employer payments will substitute the contribution the government is currently making, ensuring that staff continue to receive 80% of their salary, up to £2,500 a month.”

If a business can’t reopen, staff can’t work part time and so won’t be asked to contribute surely?

The TUC earlier tweeted that the 80% was secured until the end of October and Sunak retweeted it.

The general point however, is that unfortunately people will lose jobs. Furlough is simply delaying that. But the delay is a huge benefit, partly because people earn money and partly because people looking for jobs can’t do so until things are more normal.
Furlough extended to October on 19:44 - May 12 with 1104 viewsCatullus

Furlough extended to October on 18:52 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

I’m not.

You’re not allowed to travel now, but you could go where the hell you wanted before lockdown.

If you had ten houses you could choose one. Which one was up to you surely?

You too !

I thought they expected you to remain at your main residence? Quite a few went off to second homes because they were in less populated areas and the locals got quite annoyed about it..

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Furlough extended to October on 19:46 - May 12 with 1099 viewsexiledclaseboy

Furlough extended to October on 19:35 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

Only if people go back to work part time according to the government web site:

“ As we reopen the economy, we need to support people to get back to work. From the start of August, furloughed workers will be able to return to work part-time with employers being asked to pay a percentage towards the salaries of their furloughed staff.

The employer payments will substitute the contribution the government is currently making, ensuring that staff continue to receive 80% of their salary, up to £2,500 a month.”

If a business can’t reopen, staff can’t work part time and so won’t be asked to contribute surely?

The TUC earlier tweeted that the 80% was secured until the end of October and Sunak retweeted it.

The general point however, is that unfortunately people will lose jobs. Furlough is simply delaying that. But the delay is a huge benefit, partly because people earn money and partly because people looking for jobs can’t do so until things are more normal.

Aye, I hadn’t picked up that detail about the part time thing. Makes more sense. I agree this is a very good scheme. It’s undoubtedly the high water mark of the government’s response to all this along with the increase in NHS capacity.

Furlough extended to October on 19:49 - May 12 with 1095 viewsexiledclaseboy

Furlough extended to October on 19:44 - May 12 by Catullus

I thought they expected you to remain at your main residence? Quite a few went off to second homes because they were in less populated areas and the locals got quite annoyed about it..

I think it’s as simple as this. If you have a second home, were there before lockdown started and stayed there, you’re fine. In fact if you were there as lockdown started you’d have been irresponsible to travel back to your main residence.

If you have a second home and travelled there after lockdown started you’ve broken the rules and are probably a bit of a selfish tw@t.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Furlough extended to October on 19:52 - May 12 with 1089 viewsploppy

Furlough extended to October on 19:49 - May 12 by exiledclaseboy

I think it’s as simple as this. If you have a second home, were there before lockdown started and stayed there, you’re fine. In fact if you were there as lockdown started you’d have been irresponsible to travel back to your main residence.

If you have a second home and travelled there after lockdown started you’ve broken the rules and are probably a bit of a selfish tw@t.

I've basically tried to make this very point to @londonlisa on the Withybush thread.
Login to get fewer ads

Furlough extended to October on 19:55 - May 12 with 1086 viewsexiledclaseboy

Furlough extended to October on 19:52 - May 12 by ploppy

I've basically tried to make this very point to @londonlisa on the Withybush thread.

Yeah but I made it better.

Furlough extended to October on 20:10 - May 12 with 1071 viewsploppy

Furlough extended to October on 19:55 - May 12 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah but I made it better.

Yeah, but I had numbers for the hard of thinking.
Furlough extended to October on 20:13 - May 12 with 1067 viewsItchySphincter

Furlough extended to October on 19:03 - May 12 by exiledclaseboy

It’s smoke and mirrors again. Company directors on annual payroll have no furlough options and none of the benefits of the self-employed whilst staff are sitting at home on state funded holidays. How are businesses supposed to contribute to this idiot chancellor’s poorly thought out schemes? He is forcing businesses to fold and putting people out of work but his grandstanding will lead to people blaming their employers. These Tories truly are scum.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Furlough extended to October on 20:19 - May 12 with 1055 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 19:46 - May 12 by exiledclaseboy

Aye, I hadn’t picked up that detail about the part time thing. Makes more sense. I agree this is a very good scheme. It’s undoubtedly the high water mark of the government’s response to all this along with the increase in NHS capacity.

The furlough scheme, and the associated systems (which don’t seem to have gone wrong despite huge pressure which is a massive congratulations to HMRC) together with the business rates relief, VAT deferral, tax deferral etc are all things which have been handled very well.

Also the Nightingales and capacity (as you mention).

Comms is a f***ing disaster, as is the app.
PPE is not great (but is not great anywhere), testing not great (better than it was and we had no testing capacity a few months ago). Care homes are a national disgrace (but again is replicated elsewhere).

Johnson is as much of a lazy, incompetent f***wit as anticipated. Sunak has been better than anticipated.
Furlough extended to October on 20:21 - May 12 with 1050 viewsexiledclaseboy

Furlough extended to October on 20:19 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

The furlough scheme, and the associated systems (which don’t seem to have gone wrong despite huge pressure which is a massive congratulations to HMRC) together with the business rates relief, VAT deferral, tax deferral etc are all things which have been handled very well.

PPE is not great (but is not great anywhere), testing not great (better than it was and we had no testing capacity a few months ago). Care homes are a national disgrace (but again is replicated elsewhere).

Johnson is as much of a lazy, incompetent f***wit as anticipated. Sunak has been better than anticipated.

See it was inevitable we’d start agreeing again at some point.

Furlough extended to October on 20:22 - May 12 with 1048 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 19:49 - May 12 by exiledclaseboy

Agreed.
Furlough extended to October on 20:23 - May 12 with 1046 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 20:21 - May 12 by exiledclaseboy

See it was inevitable we’d start agreeing again at some point.

Furlough extended to October on 20:32 - May 12 with 1031 viewsItchySphincter

Depends. Rishi is refusing to help thousands of employers and small businesses. I know, I’m one of them, and there are going to be a lot of unemployed in the next few months.

Furlough extended to October on 22:40 - May 12 with 974 viewslonglostjack

Furlough extended to October on 20:13 - May 12 by ItchySphincter

It’s smoke and mirrors again. Company directors on annual payroll have no furlough options and none of the benefits of the self-employed whilst staff are sitting at home on state funded holidays. How are businesses supposed to contribute to this idiot chancellor’s poorly thought out schemes? He is forcing businesses to fold and putting people out of work but his grandstanding will lead to people blaming their employers. These Tories truly are scum.

I thought the issue was no furlough on dividend payments Itchy? Tbh I‘ve no idea why they’re alienating their voter base.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 22:44]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Furlough extended to October on 07:42 - May 13 with 898 viewspikeypaul

Amazing generosity from the Conservatives to the working man.But probably still won’t be enough for the parasite lefties.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Furlough extended to October on 07:57 - May 13 with 892 viewsJackinexile1

Furlough extended to October on 07:42 - May 13 by pikeypaul

Amazing generosity from the Conservatives to the working man.But probably still won’t be enough for the parasite lefties.

OUT

AFLI

You think they are "giving" the "working man" this money?

This will all be paid back one way or another.
Furlough extended to October on 08:23 - May 13 with 877 viewsItchySphincter

Furlough extended to October on 07:42 - May 13 by pikeypaul

OUT

AFLI

He is hitting his party vote hard. Sending plenty of small businesses to the wall. It will all come out in the wash.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 16:41]

Furlough extended to October on 11:25 - May 13 with 843 viewsProfessor

Generally a fair assessment, but testing capacity was always there if Universities had been asked (this is the case in RoI). The test is reasonably straightforward

The big failure is the PM in failing to take expert advice early enough and probably easing too early by a week or two (we can't remain under the full lockdown indefinitely). Communication has been very poor and garbled. At present only Sunak and Chris Whitty have come out with credit.
Furlough extended to October on 13:03 - May 13 with 812 viewsAlgorfajack

Furlough extended to October on 07:57 - May 13 by Jackinexile1

You think they are "giving" the "working man" this money?

This will all be paid back one way or another.

I think pikey knows full well that it is no 'giveaway'

His full remit seems to be in competition with DYSS to see who is the biggest wum

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Furlough extended to October on 13:52 - May 13 with 787 viewslondonlisa2001

Furlough extended to October on 11:25 - May 13 by Professor

Generally a fair assessment, but testing capacity was always there if Universities had been asked (this is the case in RoI). The test is reasonably straightforward

The big failure is the PM in failing to take expert advice early enough and probably easing too early by a week or two (we can't remain under the full lockdown indefinitely). Communication has been very poor and garbled. At present only Sunak and Chris Whitty have come out with credit.

Yes, I’ve heard that about testing, although I’ve also heard that we had no large scale capacity similar to that in place in Germany?

Comms, as I’ve said, has been a complete disaster. Every time something changes, they roll out a succession of useless cabinet members who contradict each other or don’t seem to understand their own advice. My understanding is that it’s being led by the Australian and his mates that Cummings brought in. We have a world leading marketing / advertising industry here who could design simple, powerful messages. Why they don’t use them and instead use a bunch of weirdos is beyond me.
As I’ve said on many occasions, Cummings is like someone who’s gained lots of pseudo knowledge from reading a bunch of self help books from the WH Smith airport ‘non fiction top ten’ section.
Furlough extended to October on 14:05 - May 13 with 768 viewsProfessor

Furlough extended to October on 13:52 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

Yes, I’ve heard that about testing, although I’ve also heard that we had no large scale capacity similar to that in place in Germany?

Comms, as I’ve said, has been a complete disaster. Every time something changes, they roll out a succession of useless cabinet members who contradict each other or don’t seem to understand their own advice. My understanding is that it’s being led by the Australian and his mates that Cummings brought in. We have a world leading marketing / advertising industry here who could design simple, powerful messages. Why they don’t use them and instead use a bunch of weirdos is beyond me.
As I’ve said on many occasions, Cummings is like someone who’s gained lots of pseudo knowledge from reading a bunch of self help books from the WH Smith airport ‘non fiction top ten’ section.

That may be the case as for the testing , the PHE (and HPA before) have had chronic under investment since the 2008 crash. The capacity at universities is huge-the Lighthouse labs are essentially our kit and people with army logistics supporting. Would make sense to use universities for regional testing-if we get our qRT-PCR cyclers back
Furlough extended to October on 15:10 - May 13 with 719 viewsbuilthjack

Furlough extended to October on 14:34 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

They will get universal credit won’t they? I mean that’s not enough, of course, but I thought they’d said people in that situation could get universal credit plus a housing allowance (whether renting or mortgage) and council tax allowance as well rather than nothing?

Just checking I haven’t misunderstood that as you said they can’t get a penny?

No, They won't get a penny Lisa. Some I know, because their wives are working don't qualify for a penny of anything. Another has over £6000 life savings, so he won't get a penny. Another is just living with a partner, and he won't get a penny.
This government have let them down, they would rather these people starve. C@nts. Total c@nts.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 22:46]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024