Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This special moment occured 7 years ago 07:14 - May 13 with 2204 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

This is arguably the most famous Premier League match we competed in during our Premier League years. Yesterday marked 7 years since Sir Alex Ferguson led his Manchester United side our for the final time at Old Trafford for a Premier League match.

What other special Premier League matches can you recall? I think Arsenal away when we won 2-0 is a close second.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 07:23 - May 13 with 2186 viewsSwanjaxs

So OUR most famous Premier league game ended in a 2-1 defeat...

Give over ffs 🤡

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 07:38 - May 13 with 2168 viewsdickythorpe

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 07:23 - May 13 by Swanjaxs

Give over ffs 🤡

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 12:08 - May 13 with 2027 viewsCatullus

Famour to who? Manc supporters? I don't give a feck about it and didn't even remember it was Fergie's last game.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 12:18 - May 13 with 2015 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Louis van Gaal's first competitive game as Manchester United manager ended in a historic home defeat at the hands of Swansea
City

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28718345

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 12:21 - May 13 with 2003 viewssainthelens

Let it go Dwight FFS.
This special moment occured 7 years ago on 12:24 - May 13 with 2001 viewsSlugster664

Weren't we robbed? If I remember correctly the referee robbed us of a penalty and another match changing decision went against us...hate the red-nosed pr1ck, despise manure.

STID

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 13:00 - May 13 with 1964 viewsJBT95

That was 12th May Dwight, you are day late son.

8 years ago today we beat Liverpool at home, last time we saw Joe Allen in a Swans kit
[Post edited 13 May 2020 13:02]
This special moment occured 7 years ago on 13:01 - May 13 with 1961 viewsJBT95

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 12:24 - May 13 by Slugster664

Weren't we robbed? If I remember correctly the referee robbed us of a penalty and another match changing decision went against us...hate the red-nosed pr1ck, despise manure.

Routledge hit the post at 1-1 if I remember correctly?

I went to this game and caught the train back to Man Pic, and awaiting the train home went to Burger King.

Was another Swans fan talking to a Manc there saying how United were lucky and that we should've won/taken the lead. The United fan was agreeing.
Login to get fewer ads

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 15:47 - May 13 with 1859 viewsnantywatcher

Great manager?? Only won anything when he had the biggest cheque book. Soon as someone had a bigger cheque book he was lucky if he came second - Blackburn, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City etc.
This special moment occured 7 years ago on 16:34 - May 13 with 1831 viewssherpajacob

programmes were all sold out outside the ground, but lots available in the away end. I bought loads and have made a tidy profit from them.

it was my young sons first away league match, He fell asleep in the second half.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 17:12 - May 13 with 1804 viewsHighjack

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 15:47 - May 13 by nantywatcher

Great manager?? Only won anything when he had the biggest cheque book. Soon as someone had a bigger cheque book he was lucky if he came second - Blackburn, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City etc.

Ten trophies in eight years with Aberdeen is nothing to be sniffed at.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 17:50 - May 13 with 1759 viewsJackSomething

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 15:47 - May 13 by nantywatcher

No fan of United, but Ferguson saw off all those clubs (with the exception of City due to retirement), despite their massive cheque books.

Now look what you've made me do, I've gone and posted in the WUM's thread when I'd rather we all just ignored them.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 18:05 - May 13 with 1737 viewsLeonWasGod

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 17:50 - May 13 by JackSomething

No fan of United, but Ferguson saw off all those clubs (with the exception of City due to retirement), despite their massive cheque books.

Now look what you've made me do, I've gone and posted in the WUM's thread when I'd rather we all just ignored them.

I'm with you on this, on both points.

Feck it, now I've posted here too.
This special moment occured 7 years ago on 19:30 - May 13 with 1671 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 12:24 - May 13 by Slugster664

I remember Ashley Williams fouling Vidic during the corner kick shortly before Michu equalised.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 19:34 - May 13 with 1667 viewsNotLoyal

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 07:23 - May 13 by Swanjaxs

Give over ffs 🤡

He’s a card eh ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 22:11 - May 13 with 1576 viewsWxmJax

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 19:30 - May 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I remember Ashley Williams fouling Vidic during the corner kick shortly before Michu equalised.

Nah he didn't. You might have thought so from the other end of the ground though.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 23:10 - May 13 with 1527 viewsThrasher6

Remember the first away game at Old Trafford when we got promoted in the old Division One. Remember going on a football special. Arrived at Manchester and then walked to the ground by the old bill. The head honcho of the Manc Constabulary gave a speech to us as we got near the ground...he basically said..."If they want to attack you...they probably will...little we can do really." He did say that he thought it would not happen today...we got to the ground without any trouble.
As the match kicked off a bus full of larey Jacks arrived and gave it the big fella in no mans land of the terracing between us and them. They did not like it...and seemed to battle with the cops during the whole match. A lot were taken out.
Remember Curt missing a sitter of a header....can't even remember the result tbh...just was thinking
about the trip back to the station....
Nothing happened really on the way back...maybe we just weren't big enough to care at the time...but you understood how big they were.

Edit: Dwight might not have been born then?
[Post edited 13 May 2020 23:37]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 00:28 - May 14 with 1480 viewstheloneranger

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 23:10 - May 13 by Thrasher6

Remember the first away game at Old Trafford when we got promoted in the old Division One. Remember going on a football special. Arrived at Manchester and then walked to the ground by the old bill. The head honcho of the Manc Constabulary gave a speech to us as we got near the ground...he basically said..."If they want to attack you...they probably will...little we can do really." He did say that he thought it would not happen today...we got to the ground without any trouble.
As the match kicked off a bus full of larey Jacks arrived and gave it the big fella in no mans land of the terracing between us and them. They did not like it...and seemed to battle with the cops during the whole match. A lot were taken out.
Remember Curt missing a sitter of a header....can't even remember the result tbh...just was thinking
about the trip back to the station....
Nothing happened really on the way back...maybe we just weren't big enough to care at the time...but you understood how big they were.

Edit: Dwight might not have been born then?
[Post edited 13 May 2020 23:37]

I remember that game well, we lost 1-0, and once again we helped out a struggling forward!!

Man Utd had signed Garry Birtles from Notts Forest the season before, at the start of the 1980/81 season, and of course he scored his FIRST league goal for them that day in fvcking Sept 1981.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 0:32]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 17:41 - May 14 with 1250 viewsCatullus

This special moment occured 7 years ago on 17:50 - May 13 by JackSomething

He spent quite a it too mind, around 546 million just on transfer fees getting around 320 million back so a net spend of over 220 million,
For context, when Fergie started at Manyoo (1986) Mark Hughs cost 2.3 million, the following year Ian Rush cost 3.2 milion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024