Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? 16:02 - May 15 with 3363 viewsNotLoyal

My neighbour two doors down has not gone out at all since March 17th. Her husband does the outside stuff, she is terrified, Both are in their 40’s. I think it’s now a mental health thing, her personality has changed completely. Sad.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 16:14 - May 15 with 1583 viewsFireboy2

It's a damn shame, I have some sympathy for her but she obviously has some mental health problems.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 16:29 - May 15 with 1556 viewslondonlisa2001

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 16:14 - May 15 by Fireboy2

It's a damn shame, I have some sympathy for her but she obviously has some mental health problems.

It’s a function of being kept inside, with a daily diet of incessant government led roll calls of the infected and dead.

If every January and February was accompanied by a daily number of those dead from flu, we’d all stay in every winter.

Plus women, in general, have a far greater level of anxiety (not the same as depression by the way, before anyone starts - that tends to be worse in men).

Many people are terrified and will be for a long, long time. A balance had to be struck between making people stay in because it was deadly serious, with causing illness. I’m not certain the balance has been right. And now, they can’t change it, because when they say it’s gett8ng better, people don’t believe them.

Having a political class almost no one trusts isn’t helpful.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 16:38 - May 15 with 1539 viewsexhmrc1

Some have had shielding letters advising them not to go out by the government if they are in the extremely at risk class.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 16:46 - May 15 with 1514 viewsmagicdaps10

I must say that our household have followed the rules, we have been out for walks, taught the kids(god help them) and generally kept as busy by doing things around the house and garden. There are good days and bad days.
The amount of people breaking the rules around where I live is phenomenal, the amount of families having their family from other households over is unbelievable.... What worries me is that some of these people are nurses and teachers as well!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:07 - May 15 with 1471 viewssainthelens

One way should have been used a lot more.
Almost every daily briefing/news cast concentrates on the death toll. Why don't they mention the ones that leave hospital healthy plus the massive percentage of people will be fine.
By constantly going on about the rising death toll, people's mental health short and long term is gonna suffer irreversibly.
The Govt aren't striking any sort of balance.
[Post edited 15 May 2020 17:08]
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:07 - May 15 with 1469 viewsCatullus

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 16:38 - May 15 by exhmrc1

Some have had shielding letters advising them not to go out by the government if they are in the extremely at risk class.

I had a shielding letter but I have been taking the dog for a walk, usually early mornings, before 7. Now the rules have changed I take him out late as well, aout 9.30 because there's no one around and I stay well away from everyone, I would have gone bonkers otherwise. I haven't gone far from the house though and not to any shops.
I had to go to NPT hospital Monday for an appointment and I was not at all comfortable but it was very quiet there too, no one else in the waiting area.
It's hard work just staying in but shielding from your own family, over several weeks it'd be suicide inducing!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:11 - May 15 with 1454 viewslondonlisa2001

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:07 - May 15 by sainthelens

One way should have been used a lot more.
Almost every daily briefing/news cast concentrates on the death toll. Why don't they mention the ones that leave hospital healthy plus the massive percentage of people will be fine.
By constantly going on about the rising death toll, people's mental health short and long term is gonna suffer irreversibly.
The Govt aren't striking any sort of balance.
[Post edited 15 May 2020 17:08]

I completely agree. We’re the only country (that I’ve seen) that hasn’t reported recovered numbers.

If we all could see ‘200,000 recovered’ for example (it’s actually probably several million) every one would feel better.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:24 - May 15 with 1425 viewskarnataka

I think we've pretty much stuck to rules as we understand them. We've been out for walks most days and I've hardly seen anyone until recently when we've been allowed to drive to other locations. We haven't got children to school and have had a long list of things that needed doing to the house or garden. I've done essential shopping trips about twice a week max plus getting food for an old lady my wife visits as part of her Age UK work. I haven't let my wife do any shopping as she has underlying health issues although I was surprised that she didn't receive a shielding letter. We're luckier than most as we live in a rural area where social distancing has always pretty much been the norm anyway. I think the only thing we did that was dodgy was had our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter round for about an hour one early evening 3-4 weeks ago. It was our son-in-law's idea as he's continued to work while our daughter has been stuck at home alone with a very new baby (Boxing Day) and had gradually been getting a bit depressed. Fortunately, we have a back garden big enough to have one of those one piece picnic table/bench pub garden type things and a table/chairs set which we moved about 4-5 metres apart so there was almost no interaction at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:29 - May 15 with 1414 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:07 - May 15 by Catullus

I had a shielding letter but I have been taking the dog for a walk, usually early mornings, before 7. Now the rules have changed I take him out late as well, aout 9.30 because there's no one around and I stay well away from everyone, I would have gone bonkers otherwise. I haven't gone far from the house though and not to any shops.
I had to go to NPT hospital Monday for an appointment and I was not at all comfortable but it was very quiet there too, no one else in the waiting area.
It's hard work just staying in but shielding from your own family, over several weeks it'd be suicide inducing!

We're similar here. I had a shielding letter but have gone out for a walk every day for about half an hour (a mile and a half round trip) around 10 at night. Still hardly ever see anyone but loads more cars around these days. Where are people driving to at 10 o clock at night?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:29 - May 15 with 1414 viewsexiledclaseboy

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:11 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

I completely agree. We’re the only country (that I’ve seen) that hasn’t reported recovered numbers.

If we all could see ‘200,000 recovered’ for example (it’s actually probably several million) every one would feel better.

The message had to be apocalyptic though to get everyone to stay in. Imagine what would have happened otherwise. We need you to stay home, 800 people died today but 2000 recovered and are fine. I completely agree about the consequences of this. I'll be honest, I'm fine with staying in most of the time, I'm pretty antisocial anyway. More importantly, I don't have elderly relatives to worry about, my wife does and it's been much tougher on her. She's also a nicer person than I am. Most people are.

Poll: Tory leader

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:30 - May 15 with 1410 viewslondonlisa2001

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:24 - May 15 by karnataka

I think we've pretty much stuck to rules as we understand them. We've been out for walks most days and I've hardly seen anyone until recently when we've been allowed to drive to other locations. We haven't got children to school and have had a long list of things that needed doing to the house or garden. I've done essential shopping trips about twice a week max plus getting food for an old lady my wife visits as part of her Age UK work. I haven't let my wife do any shopping as she has underlying health issues although I was surprised that she didn't receive a shielding letter. We're luckier than most as we live in a rural area where social distancing has always pretty much been the norm anyway. I think the only thing we did that was dodgy was had our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter round for about an hour one early evening 3-4 weeks ago. It was our son-in-law's idea as he's continued to work while our daughter has been stuck at home alone with a very new baby (Boxing Day) and had gradually been getting a bit depressed. Fortunately, we have a back garden big enough to have one of those one piece picnic table/bench pub garden type things and a table/chairs set which we moved about 4-5 metres apart so there was almost no interaction at all.

“ I think the only thing we did that was dodgy was had our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter round for about an hour one early evening 3-4 weeks ago. It was our son-in-law's idea as he's continued to work while our daughter has been stuck at home alone with a very new baby (Boxing Day) and had gradually been getting a bit depressed.”

I don’t think it sounds dodgy, I think it sounds like an assessment of risk that was right in the individual circumstances. Hope your daughter is doing ok now.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:30 - May 15 with 1408 viewsairedale

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:24 - May 15 by karnataka

Don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, perfectly OK imo.

There was a woman on telly last night did the same thing with her daughter. Only down side was she was unable to give her a hug.

Wouldn’t have minded giving her a hug myself as it happens.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:36 - May 15 with 1395 viewscontroversial_jack

I've been to the supermarket, wearing a mask and gloves, the pharmacist, to take and fetch my daughter from maternity at Singleton and I did for for a long walk yesterday.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:38 - May 15 with 1384 viewscontroversial_jack

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:30 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

“ I think the only thing we did that was dodgy was had our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter round for about an hour one early evening 3-4 weeks ago. It was our son-in-law's idea as he's continued to work while our daughter has been stuck at home alone with a very new baby (Boxing Day) and had gradually been getting a bit depressed.”

I don’t think it sounds dodgy, I think it sounds like an assessment of risk that was right in the individual circumstances. Hope your daughter is doing ok now.

It was against the advice, but you got away with it!
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:39 - May 15 with 1379 viewslondonlisa2001

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:29 - May 15 by exiledclaseboy

The message had to be apocalyptic though to get everyone to stay in. Imagine what would have happened otherwise. We need you to stay home, 800 people died today but 2000 recovered and are fine. I completely agree about the consequences of this. I'll be honest, I'm fine with staying in most of the time, I'm pretty antisocial anyway. More importantly, I don't have elderly relatives to worry about, my wife does and it's been much tougher on her. She's also a nicer person than I am. Most people are.

It is a difficult balance. Other countries seem somehow more grown up. Not the US obviously.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:39 - May 15 with 1379 viewsexiledclaseboy

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:38 - May 15 by controversial_jack

Against the law, to be precise!

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:41 - May 15 with 1375 viewsexiledclaseboy

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:39 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

It is a difficult balance. Other countries seem somehow more grown up. Not the US obviously.

Britain needs careful management, it's always been that way. We're a strange bunch. Tell us to stay in to stay alive and the first reaction from some will be to go out because they've been told to stay in.

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:41 - May 15 with 1374 viewslondonlisa2001

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:38 - May 15 by controversial_jack

I didn’t as it happens.

But I would have done in the same situation if I felt it necessary. Mental health is crucial. And new mothers can struggle very badly. And that’s without this anxiety.

I’ve seen it amongst people I know. It’s very, very scary.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:44 - May 15 with 1368 viewscontroversial_jack

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:41 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

I didn’t as it happens.

But I would have done in the same situation if I felt it necessary. Mental health is crucial. And new mothers can struggle very badly. And that’s without this anxiety.

I’ve seen it amongst people I know. It’s very, very scary.

I would have reported you if i knew where you lived
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:49 - May 15 with 1351 viewslifelong

No, been out for a 3 mile walk almost every day since lockdown, now under 13 stone which is the lightest I’ve been since I was in my 20’s.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:49 - May 15 with 1350 viewsSwanjaxs

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:44 - May 15 by controversial_jack

Oh feck!

Now you done it 🙈

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:58 - May 15 with 1323 viewslondonlisa2001

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:44 - May 15 by controversial_jack

Listen quite carefully.

You responded to the wrong person.

I don’t have a daughter with a young baby. I didn’t have her round to my place. I’ve had no one round.

So there is nothing to report me for.

And if, incidentally, you’d report someone who was putting absolutely no one at risk, was in his own garden, and was doing something as a one off because he’s concerned about his daughter, then you, sir, are a complete and utter arsehole. His daughter’s health is as important as your family’s health.

Grow up. And I say that as someone who has followed all the regulations, and actually has done more than that as London was very hard hit so we were very, very careful.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 18:05 - May 15 with 1296 viewssainthelens

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 17:58 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

Listen quite carefully.

You responded to the wrong person.

I don’t have a daughter with a young baby. I didn’t have her round to my place. I’ve had no one round.

So there is nothing to report me for.

And if, incidentally, you’d report someone who was putting absolutely no one at risk, was in his own garden, and was doing something as a one off because he’s concerned about his daughter, then you, sir, are a complete and utter arsehole. His daughter’s health is as important as your family’s health.

Grow up. And I say that as someone who has followed all the regulations, and actually has done more than that as London was very hard hit so we were very, very careful.

You are bang out of order lisa...should never have called him sir.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 18:11 - May 15 with 1277 viewslondonlisa2001

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 18:05 - May 15 by sainthelens

You are bang out of order lisa...should never have called him sir.

It’s like everyone’s gone mad and lost any semblance of common sense.

Do stuff that’s absolutely essential being as careful as humanly possible. That includes stuff essential for health.

Don’t do anything else unless and until they give advice to start doing so.

It’s not that difficult for grown ups.
Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 18:23 - May 15 with 1249 viewsCatullus

Have you stayed in throughout the lockdown ? on 18:11 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

It’s like everyone’s gone mad and lost any semblance of common sense.

Do stuff that’s absolutely essential being as careful as humanly possible. That includes stuff essential for health.

Don’t do anything else unless and until they give advice to start doing so.

It’s not that difficult for grown ups.

That last line, you'd like to think so but....oh yes it is!

Staying at least 2 metres away from other people, you'd think it would be easy, specially in a park or on playing fields yet there are always some (and quite often it's joggers and cyclists) who just can't stay away. they keep on going on their route regardless of others. Sometimes it's like a challenge and you have to zigzag around.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024